The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Some news regarding amazon

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
For all the sourcers out there, something to keep an eye on...

Trump panel wants to give USPS right to hike prices for Amazon, others | Reuters

Definitely interesting. I’d wager a guess that that’s exactly why Amazon is moving (albeit slowly) toward 100% self reliance. On top of buying and converting planes I feel like I see no less than a half dozen Prime vans a day now.

FedEx, UPS Fall After Morgan Stanley Note on Amazon Air

Personally I hope they can expose what are surely massive inefficiencies in the USPS.

Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Amazon is too powerful for its own good. Wow, didn't know Bezos owned Washington Post. The power of the media.

Castillo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 8, 2016
Vancouver, BC

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow, didn't know Bezos owned Washington Post.

Wuh? You didn't know the Washington Compost was Bezos' propaganda and lobbying division?

As for the USPS, they need to disappear. I think the last time they made a profit Howard Taft was president.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
As for the USPS, they need to disappear. I think the last time they made a profit Howard Taft was president.

Yes. They run at a loss continuously with one of the worst business models known in present day. Unfortunately our constitution requires some sort of governmental postal service (however I wish this could be rectified)
In norway for example, the postal structure has many more options. Mail (and even banking) transactions can be done after hours at seven elevens and retail outlets (since everything closes around 4pm usually). In america the post office is continuous joke with long lines, and minimal staffing (of which those staffers are not the greatest at their jobs) Rural carriers have a tough job (trying to deliver to 500-1000 boxes per route) and are often contracted out (not fully employed either only on a part time basis) and they use old archaic technology and equipment (especially vehicles postal vehicles are 15-20 years old and often times are hazardous as they do not have air or heat and are flimsy and pathetic).
Even with partnering with amazon prime for sunday deliveries, the USPS still suffers and is still in the red continously.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

I've a feeling that Bezos will run for US president in the near future. This guy seems to be different from Gates and Jobs in that he's almost a power-hungry maniac. His arms have been creeping and reaching into all nooks and crannies everywhere it's eerie.

And if he does become US president (honestly he can fund entire campaigns many times over with his net worth), it'll be a sad day for the world.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Castillo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 8, 2016
Vancouver, BC
I've a feeling that Bezos will run for US president in the near future. This guy seems to be different from Gates and Jobs in that he's almost a power-hungry maniac. His arms have been creeping and reaching into all nooks and crannies everywhere it's eerie.

And if he does become US president (honestly he can fund entire campaigns many times over with his net worth), it'll be a sad day for the world.

100%. I do not trust the guy one bit.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
power-hungry maniac.
This is exactly what he is. Like MJ said, he already owns a putrid news outlet (media control) he owns by far the most powerful company in the world (disruptor) and furthermore, he has been known to shun labor and is in favor of population and resource control. I think you are right and who knows he may run in the future.

Money_master

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Aug 3, 2018
I can tell you one thing, USPS is beyond a joke. They recently lost a package I handed to them for over 30 days to show up at the same P.O. I had to mail a client a second package which they also lost and it only showed up in the system when it was delivered three weeks later. And both times I asked for a scan and they said they can't do that for me. My client was beyond pissed. And when they quote me prices it's beyond unreasonable, one time they'll quote $20 and the second will be $60. It's so bad I can't offer free shipping under any circumstance any longer.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
The USPS is, like almost every country in the world, a party to the Universal Postal Union (UPU) agreement which dates back to 1874.

That agreement allows discounts for developing countries on the postage they pay to receiving countries to complete the international delivery of mail.

China is still classed by UPU as a developing country. This effectively allows Chinese sellers to ship to the USA at Chinese government subsidized postal rates, and the UPS then gives them about a 40% discount on US postal rates. :rage: This contributes nearly half a billion annually towards the massive losses incurred by USPS.

Thanks to all US taxpayers for helping Chinese sellers to compete with US sellers.:arghh: It's certainly not a level playing field.

Walter

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Wuh? You didn't know the Washington Compost was Bezos' propaganda and lobbying division?

The poetic nostalgia of snail mail through the centuries. Waiting months, perhaps even years, for that one message from some loved one. Children collecting stamps from all over the world. :( Them good old slow days are long gone.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
The USPS is, like almost every country in the world, a party to the Universal Postal Union (UPU) agreement which dates back to 1874.

Thanks for the history lesson.

I didn't know anything about the origins... just the amazement at how cheap an "e-packet" is.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.