The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help me make a decision regarding my finances...

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023
Okay, let's figure this straight out.

I am typically not the guy to action-fake, but here we are. I have been pondering the problem of how to make finances work, but either of fear or because each time I'm thinking I become distracted, I lose the thread and thus make no actions.

Basically, I have options to consider, and I honestly need some people with ideas that maybe will point me the direction. (even though I must understand it myself.)

Okay, options:

My invention - the fastlane business that I believe will change the world quite significantly
Foundational job
Specialized labor
Specialized skill (English classes)
Specialized skill (Programming (?))
Service fastlane business

Variables:
I'm in Ireland
For only 1.5 months - then back into Slovakia where I don't know the language and...
Programming job was not accepted
Fastlane-only mindset, to the point where it is self-limiting. (???)
Moving to other city is an option.

Let's paint the situation:

I am in Ireland, but not as a resident, but as a man who came from Ukraine. Don't worry about that, I just am here now.
I know that there are options to choose, but I am just a bit overwhelmed by time constraints and how to do this and how to do that.
One constraint to note is that in 1.5 months I will have to return to Slovakia (and will be out of Ireland - it's a country where I have university. I realize well that I don't even have money to live there.

I am working on my invention, but to make the first prototype and make the consumer version of the product I will need 2-3k€ with marketing and help from other engineers (it's quite big and expensive). I will, at least, need 600€ to just build it. (I can learn some aspects of engineering myself). It is a consumer electronics product, and it can make certain wonders.
I have only 300€ in bank account, however. There is no money for me to build it, nor to ship it.

There are entry-level jobs that I can potentially take. In Ireland there is a salary of 1.5k€ of minimum wage. Working in food chains, sweeping floors and the like. Mindless jobs, and I fear that it will have an impact on me for some reason.
None in my family have taken these kinds of jobs, for 3 generations, but none were too successful either. I don't fear the job itself, but I don't really want to go there too.

I've learned about specialized labor here. Lawn care services, cleaning windows... Seems good. The thing is, will both of these not hold back on my invention? My best estimations that it will take 1-2 weeks of full-time work to finish it, and it is possible...
Still, fear. Fear for the invention and... I am in a small village - 100-300 people, will this hold after all?

Specialized skill - English Classes.
I am doing English classes for Ukrainians right now. I haven't been paid yet, but I've messed up the last one. I don't know if I will have return clients even today. Not everyone is ready to pay 120€/month for English - Ukrainians are poor, and hate me for doing this price.

Specialized skill - programming.
I used to be a programmer. On my job and I did not do a good job and they fired me.
That said, I can be a programmer as a specialized skill.
I did not yet do any good execution in my life, ever, besides my work on my businesses. All of my parents are broke, and honestly, I did not even imagine how to really work. I know I am good in inventing, but I am yet to be good at anything else.

Service fastlane business - the fastlane business that is quite often on this forum. I know I can find a way to do all kinds of these on this forum, but I haven't done that yet. If necessary, will do. That said,

Everything has its pros and cons and I'm badly hesitant. Worse yet, I know I can do more for myself and for the life, but I'm frozen.
I watched "From flat broke to filthy rich" multiple times and despite that I still haven't executed on it. I want to execute on it, but... i am frozen

Besides, again, I will be out of the country in 1.5 months, and that plan will have to effectively reset (or will it?) when I'll return to slovakia. There are no "lawns" in slovakia, there are no "windows", it's a post-communist country and I don't even imagine what services (outside programming!) I can do there.

Grip teeth and just go to foundational job? Finish my invention and then act? Move to another city and start service business?

What course of actions would you suggest?
Thank you in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Getting a job, no matter what it is, is always a good first step. Get your physical needs met first. A job can provide you with that foundation.

Then work up. Specialized Labor to Specialized Skill, to Specialized Unit.

Your physical needs, need to be met first.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.