• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Can't Hurt Me, by Goggins

Some news regarding amazon

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by Arun Siva, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Arun Siva

Arun Siva aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $12,060
  2. MTEE1985

MTEE1985 Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,528
    Definitely interesting. I’d wager a guess that that’s exactly why Amazon is moving (albeit slowly) toward 100% self reliance. On top of buying and converting planes I feel like I see no less than a half dozen Prime vans a day now.

FedEx, UPS Fall After Morgan Stanley Note on Amazon Air

Personally I hope they can expose what are surely massive inefficiencies in the USPS.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  3. Xeon

Xeon All Cars Kneel Before Pagani. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,160
    Amazon is too powerful for its own good. Wow, didn't know Bezos owned Washington Post. The power of the media.

Arun Siva likes this.
  4. Castillo

Castillo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,643
    Isaac Oh, Xeon and Arun Siva like this.
  5. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $358,050
    Admin Post
    Wuh? You didn't know the Washington Compost was Bezos' propaganda and lobbying division?

As for the USPS, they need to disappear. I think the last time they made a profit Howard Taft was president.

ZF Lee, Xeon, André G. and 1 other person like this.
  6. Arun Siva

Arun Siva aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $12,060
    Yes. They run at a loss continuously with one of the worst business models known in present day. Unfortunately our constitution requires some sort of governmental postal service (however I wish this could be rectified)
    In norway for example, the postal structure has many more options. Mail (and even banking) transactions can be done after hours at seven elevens and retail outlets (since everything closes around 4pm usually). In america the post office is continuous joke with long lines, and minimal staffing (of which those staffers are not the greatest at their jobs) Rural carriers have a tough job (trying to deliver to 500-1000 boxes per route) and are often contracted out (not fully employed either only on a part time basis) and they use old archaic technology and equipment (especially vehicles postal vehicles are 15-20 years old and often times are hazardous as they do not have air or heat and are flimsy and pathetic).
    Even with partnering with amazon prime for sunday deliveries, the USPS still suffers and is still in the red continously.

jon.M, ZF Lee, amp0193 and 2 others like this.
  7. Xeon

Xeon All Cars Kneel Before Pagani. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,160
    I've a feeling that Bezos will run for US president in the near future. This guy seems to be different from Gates and Jobs in that he's almost a power-hungry maniac. His arms have been creeping and reaching into all nooks and crannies everywhere it's eerie.

And if he does become US president (honestly he can fund entire campaigns many times over with his net worth), it'll be a sad day for the world.

Arun Siva, ZF Lee and Castillo like this.
  8. Castillo

Castillo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,643
    100%. I do not trust the guy one bit.

ZF Lee and Xeon like this.
  9. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $48,781
    MTEE1985, Arun Siva and Xeon like this.
  10. Arun Siva

Rep Bank:
    $12,060
    This is exactly what he is. Like MJ said, he already owns a putrid news outlet (media control) he owns by far the most powerful company in the world (disruptor) and furthermore, he has been known to shun labor and is in favor of population and resource control. I think you are right and who knows he may run in the future.

Xeon likes this.
  11. Money_master

Money_master New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $11
    I can tell you one thing, USPS is beyond a joke. They recently lost a package I handed to them for over 30 days to show up at the same P.O. I had to mail a client a second package which they also lost and it only showed up in the system when it was delivered three weeks later. And both times I asked for a scan and they said they can't do that for me. My client was beyond pissed. And when they quote me prices it's beyond unreasonable, one time they'll quote $20 and the second will be $60. It's so bad I can't offer free shipping under any circumstance any longer.

Neng Her and Xeon like this.
  12. Walter Hay

Walter Hay Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $59,734
    The USPS is, like almost every country in the world, a party to the Universal Postal Union (UPU) agreement which dates back to 1874.

That agreement allows discounts for developing countries on the postage they pay to receiving countries to complete the international delivery of mail.

China is still classed by UPU as a developing country. This effectively allows Chinese sellers to ship to the USA at Chinese government subsidized postal rates, and the UPS then gives them about a 40% discount on US postal rates. :rage: This contributes nearly half a billion annually towards the massive losses incurred by USPS.

Thanks to all US taxpayers for helping Chinese sellers to compete with US sellers.:arghh: It's certainly not a level playing field.

Walter

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018 at 12:33 AM
    amp0193, Darius and rogue synthetic like this.
  13. Mattie

Mattie Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $27,252
    The poetic nostalgia of snail mail through the centuries. Waiting months, perhaps even years, for that one message from some loved one. Children collecting stamps from all over the world. :( Them good old slow days are long gone.

14. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $48,781
    Thanks for the history lesson.

I didn't know anything about the origins... just the amazement at how cheap an "e-packet" is.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.