The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So you want to move to Scottsdale?

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
Pretty sure I've browsed every rental in the area now o_O.

If anyone knows of any good renters with houses in the Scottsdale/Mesa/Tempe area that allow German Shepherds, let me know.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JonnyC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
463%
Jan 23, 2014
Canada
View from my office window this morning...

uavUbzZ.jpg

EDIT: Yes, that is in fact a hockey net in the background haha.

Devin Out

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Oct 15, 2015
Fastlane!
Are you moving from Fresno? I lived in Northern California my whole life before moving to Arizona three years ago and now back in California (for the moment). The heat is indeed different. 120 in AZ feels much, much hotter than 110 in CA. The difference is feeling hot vs feeling like you're being assaulted with 200 hair dryers and can't escape.

Yeah, moving from fresno. I actually plan on settling in the apartment around mid july-early august. Any advice or tips on where to look or just what to expect? This thread is about living near each other should someone choose to move to scottsdale, where are most of you guys congregated at?

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Let's see.... 16 years total in Arizona. I have seen plenty of wildlife. Scorpions??? I have seen 2 in AZ. Rattlesnakes? As a kid, we used to walk through the hills of San Diego and catch rattlers with sticks. Have seen hundreds. Never saw anyone come close to getting bit. Shoot, we pushed them off trails with our feet... With the exception of sidewinders, they only strike when coiled.

Coyotes jumped my six foot fence and killed one of my dogs I chased them out of my yard frequently. I once saw a mountain lion laying on a rock near our hiking trail. It did not seem too interested in us though.

The animal that scared me the most was a goat... yes, I repeat... a goat...

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/the-grand-canyon.18436/

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
View attachment 11701 View from my living room. Anyone wanna trade? .......... Please?
I'll go with no..

5EYk9B3.jpg

ok, that's not fair. I don't live where I took this photo (Railey beach)

But with closer examination..

k4ROfz6.jpg

me and my daughter both agree..we'd rather deal with the Bangkok heat.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
@Iwokeup north Scottsdale anything north of Shea is nice. Paradise valley area. I've heard mixed things about fountain hills. Really pretty but rumors from kids I know is there is an excessive substance use there. Not sure if true or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
My wife and I moved here at the beginning of January and I love it so far.

We're coming from Albuquerque, where winter would get down to freezing for a couple months, with a few weeks of single digit lows.

Having a low of around 45 degrees is definitely a nice change of pace.

The dry 110+ degree heat may not be so bad. I lived in Atlanta for a year, as a grad student, and will never forget walking to the lab in 100 degree heat with a 90% humidity. Now THAT was awful.

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
e've had them right outside our front door.
Let's see.... 16 years total in Arizona. I have seen plenty of wildlife. Scorpions??? I have seen 2 in AZ. Rattlesnakes? As a kid, we used to walk through the hills of San Diego and catch rattlers with sticks. Have seen hundreds. Never saw anyone come close to getting bit. Shoot, we pushed them off trails with our feet... With the exception of sidewinders, they only strike when coiled.

Coyotes jumped my six foot fence and killed one of my dogs I chased them out of my yard frequently. I once saw a mountain lion laying on a rock near our hiking trail. It did not seem too interested in us though.

The animal that scared me the most was a goat... yes, I repeat... a goat...

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/the-grand-canyon.18436/
Tell me more about this mountain lion? Is this a thing there..?

So you go on a trail, and there is just a mountain lion sitting there... Meaning there has to be more than one somewhere!

I want to move to AZ because i hate winter/snow with a PASSION!

Here in NY, Its brutally cold until atleast mid-April usually, summers get into the 90's but that sticky humidity feel.

My fear would be Tarantulas though, i hate spiders maybe as much as i hate winter, one would be enough to make me move if it were in or outside my house. Tell me about Tarantulas..

Last edited by a moderator:

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ

So you go on a trail, and there is just a mountain lion sitting there... Meaning there has to be more than one somewhere!

Here in NY, Its brutally cold until atleast mid-April usually, summers get into the 90's but that sticky humidity feel.

My fear would be Tarantulas though, i hate spiders maybe as much as i hate winter, one would be enough to make me move if it were in or outside my house. Tell me about Tarantulas..

I haven't personally seen any vermin, even after taking several hikes.

If you keep your home sealed up tightly, then you're unlikely to get pests.

In New Mexico I had to deal with a few scorpions on the house. Once I found their point of entry and sealed it, it was no problem.

You should be far more concerned about black widows ;)

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

I may be the wrong person to ask. Tarantulas don't hurt you. Mountain lions are timid. They are not spotted very often. I have seen a few but they were all in San Diego.

I have spent most of my life outside. Over the years my activities have included rock crawling with a 66 Bronco, dirtbike/quad riding in the mountains and deserts, many miles of running/hiking on trails, and a lot of camping. As a teenager we would ride out into the mountains on our dirtbikes and camp in remote locations for up to a week. No cell phones... Parents did not care... We were living...

Animals don't usually want to hurt you. They usually don't even want to be around you.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Yeah, moving from fresno. I actually plan on settling in the apartment around mid july-early august. Any advice or tips on where to look or just what to expect? This thread is about living near each other should someone choose to move to scottsdale, where are most of you guys congregated at?

Keep in mind you should move to Scottsdale because you like Scottsdale, not because there are other Fastlaners there. There IS NO FASTLANE CLUB in Scottsdale. You're not going to be having group mastermind sessions there. This thread isn't about living near each other. There are no Sunday bar-b-cues. Move there because you like the area, but don't ask where the rest of them are because they aren't. They're stretched out across all of Phoenix, and everyone is doing their own thing. The guy that started the thread isn't even there now. He lives on Bali.

TTG SS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Sep 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
Keep in mind you should move to Scottsdale because you like Scottsdale, not because there are other Fastlaners there. There IS NO FASTLANE CLUB in Scottsdale. You're not going to be having group mastermind sessions there. This thread isn't about living near each other. There are no Sunday bar-b-cues. Move there because you like the area, but don't ask where the rest of them are because they aren't. They're stretched out across all of Phoenix, and everyone is doing their own thing. The guy that started the thread isn't even there now. He lives on Bali.

Also, a lot of guys should keep in mind Scottsdale is not exactly the cheapest area to live in the valley. Scottsdale is the last place I would look if I was strapped for cash looking to expand my business. If you don't already have a source of income or can bootstrap rent with a few other guys, I doubt you'll last very long when most decent apartments are at least $1000 a month for a 1/1

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I doubt you'll last very long when most decent apartments are at least $1000 a month for a 1/1

Shit... around here that is a little under what the ADU 1/1's rent for. Even at that price it seems like a steal. unless you are coming from middle of no where UsA

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
Spiders aren't the issue here. More scorpions. There is actually tons of wildlife here. Has bobcats and coyotes in my backyard. Saw 1 mountain lion in the city.

Go around the exterior of the house and make sure everything is nice and tight. And spray some Cy-kick, you wont have pest problems. Lions and tigers and bears, cant help ya there lol.

BaraQueenbee

tiny
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
Sep 14, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ

But but but... what about the SSSMM (Super Secret Scottsdale Master Mind) group?
*or is it too soon for me to make sarcastic jokes on the forum*

I mostly feel there is some super spiritual, like on the cliff of 4 paranormal universes that crossroad each other in Scottsdale, which will turn you into instant gazillionaire if you move there. Grin :)

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
But but but... what about the SSSMM (Super Secret Scottsdale Master Mind) group?
*or is it too soon for me to make sarcastic jokes on the forum*

I mostly feel there is some super spiritual, like on the cliff of 4 paranormal universes that crossroad each other in Scottsdale, which will turn you into instant gazillionaire if you move there. Grin :)
S3M2G? They don't call it that anymore :)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
If there are any forum members who live in the Phoenix / Scottsdale area that are part of the couchsurfing community (or willing to be) please PM me! :)

Be careful what you wish for with this crowd.

NoRedBMW

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 9, 2015
The snow in the northeast right now makes that a really tempting idea.

As someone born and raised where there are seasons, a year I lived in LA felt like one long drawn out day with such a small difference in weather between January and July. It really started to get to me after a while. Anyone else experience something similar going to a warm climate?

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
The snow in the northeast right now makes that a really tempting idea.

As someone born and raised where there are seasons, a year I lived in LA felt like one long drawn out day with such a small difference in weather between January and July. It really started to get to me after a while. Anyone else experience something similar going to a warm climate?

in AZ you could just drive a couple hours, be in snow and realize it still sucks, then drive back to warmth.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
in AZ you could just drive a couple hours, be in snow and realize it still sucks, then drive back to warmth.

LOL... i think this is the perfect answer to the " But i love snow". Sure you love snowboarding, but the cold sucks more than you care to remember. Love it.

Wisith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 29, 2015
I have been in AZ for 15 years and have only been in 120 degree weather once.

As a very active person, I still run and play softball through the summers. Yes it is hot. You can sit inside in the ac if you want but you will get used to it if you spend time outside.

I spent 41 years in San Diego. The weather is very nice there but there are many environmental items to look at.
I think San Diego has the best weather in the country.

I went to Phoenix around August/September of 2015, and it wasn't too bad. Like stated, the misters were always on. A/C was definitely on blast 24/7, haha. I spent the weekend there just going to places, and it was nice to see how active people were. Always saw people running around the streets.

I went to Miami for my Bday in November and the weather was horrible. The humidity sucked. The lack of parking sucked. The drivers are horrible and honked at everyone (this is coming from a Los Angeles resident). I would pick AZ's heat over it any day.

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
It's 90 here in havasu today and the last couple days. Over the week I was in 20f just 2 hours north. Spring break starts this week on the lake and river. I rent a 2 bedroom 2 bath with a 2 car garage house for under $800 a month. A bottle of Jack daniels is under $20 a bottle. My car insurance is 1/3 of what I used to pay in Massachusetts. Cost of living is dirt cheap and quality of live is far better. Arizona was the best move for me. I dont live in a big "city" but easily within a couple hours drive to a Metro center.

Tony I

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 9, 2013
MA
It's 90 here in havasu today and the last couple days. Over the week I was in 20f just 2 hours north. Spring break starts this week on the lake and river. I rent a 2 bedroom 2 bath with a 2 car garage house for under $800 a month. A bottle of Jack daniels is under $20 a bottle. My car insurance is 1/3 of what I used to pay in Massachusetts. Cost of living is dirt cheap and quality of live is far better. Arizona was the best move for me. I dont live in a big "city" but easily within a couple hours drive to a Metro center.

After experiencing the weather at summit, looking at possibly making the move from MA:)

Looking at havasu, tempe/scottsdale areas.

How are summers there in terms of stuff to do/nightlife? is it too hot to hike, etc?

Last edited:

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
After experiencing the weather at summit, looking at possibly making the move from MA:)

Looking at havasu, tempe/scottsdale areas.

How are summers there in terms of stuff to do/nightlife? is it too hot to hike, etc?

Springbreak is huge here. As are the weekends. the big money from LA comes into town on the weekends, Lots of boating and offroading. Plenty of Nascar money to the south of us in Parker. Nightlife is crazy. one of the popular clubs in town has a pool. Girls gone wild started here. Its a crazy town if you like that life. Plenty of money to be made if you find your niche. Some of the nicest hiking trails from 5 minutes to 5 hours away. If you want quality of life this is a hidden spot thats not mainstream yet Winters are very nice with some of the warmest temps in the US . Lots of snowbirds from around the world come here for the winter. LOts of Canadians and Norwegians

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.