The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So you want to move to Scottsdale?

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
So I will be traveling for the next 3 months, but I am coming BACK to Scottsdale after my travels (mid to late summer).

Many of you at the Fastlane Summit expressed interest in moving to Scottsdale. I've been here for almost a year it has been nothing but life changing.

So it's time to put your money where your mouth is and decide if you'll do it.

Most of you know when three of us moved to Scottsdale - what happened and all of our lives were forever changed for the better.

If I never moved I'd probably still be in California working out of my parents garage and never outsourcing manufacturing...etc. etc.

Right now we're living in a apartment in the middle of told town - I LOVE this location. Ideally, there could be 4-10 of us living in the same complex in 2-5 Apartments.

This is a work hard, play hard sort of thing. But what you do on your own time is your business. :)

If you're in, reply to this thread or PM me directly and we'll make it happen.

@SeanKelly @FastLanePursuer @AndrewNC @TheTruth @MikeC @Castaway @K.Y. @Moneymadness

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
@TheTruth - stare at this picture, while listening to the song below. [HASHTAG]#persuasion101[/HASHTAG]
6924819_64.jpg

...I'll have my traveling/living plans decided by June 1st. The soonest I'd move in is the end of August.

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
@TheTruth - stare at this picture, while listening to the song below. [HASHTAG]#persuasion101[/HASHTAG]
View attachment 9255

...I'll have my traveling/living plans decided by June 1st. The soonest I'd move in is the end of August.

I recognize that place!

Wish I could move, too! The closest the military will let us move is California, though, and that's not gonna happen. All the more motivation to get a business started so that the military can be thrown out of the picture. ;)

K.Y.

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 4, 2013
View attachment 9255

so scottsdale = having katy perry

you've said enough!

but on a more serious note, let's schedule a google hang out to figure out who's really down to pack it up and move :)

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
I'm assuming you have to own a business to do this with members here. You're not going to move there with 5 entrepreneurs making a ton of money when you work as a janitor right?

TheSilverSpoon

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Nov 4, 2013
I'm assuming you have to own a business to do this with members here. You're not going to move there with 5 entrepreneurs making a ton of money when you work as a janitor right?

Why not? I can't think of any better motivation.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2
Well, motivation yeah but, lets be real, successful people aren't going to line up to move in with a janitor. They want to be with other successful people, not poor people.

Chaseb731

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 8, 2011
I'll be moving to Gilbert in late July and my apartment will be open to all of you if you want to go a bit south. I'll have food and drinks; 150 mb/s wifi; along with whiteboard painted walls.

K.Y.

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 4, 2013
I'll be moving to Gilbert in late July and my apartment will be open to all of you if you want to go a bit south. I'll have food and drinks; 150 mb/s wifi; along with whiteboard painted walls.
Are you saying open to room with? If so how much is rent?

Chaseb731

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 8, 2011
Are you saying open to room with? If so how much is rent?

Sorry, should have made it more clear. I already have rooming plans, but if you guys want a change in environment for the day to work, brainstorm, or hangout, you are all welcome to come by. Will be holding meetups once a week or so.

The complex we found is 900-1000 for a 2 bed 2 bath and is probably the nicest one outside of Scottsdale. If you want more info, shoot me a message.

NonMagicalGenie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
Well, motivation yeah but, lets be real, successful people aren't going to line up to move in with a janitor. They want to be with other successful people, not poor people.
This is more then just being around successful people, but being around people with a similar mindset and people who want to achieve the same thing, which for the majority of us is personal/financial freedom. What better way of doing that then having the opportunity to be around successful people that are/were where you want to be? It's an awesome opportunity. Everybody has to start from somewhere.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas

This is an open invitation and opportunity for ANYBODY.

However, if you went to the Fastlane Summit (or have met some of us) you'll be around serious ACTION TAKERS.

If you're an action faker, you won't fit in.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Poor people = poor attitude and mindset, not wallet.

I'll be moving to Gilbert in late July and my apartment will be open to all of you if you want to go a bit south.
Which complex? I almost moved into Redstone in Gilbert a couple weeks ago.

NonMagicalGenie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
I can give any advice on locations as well, I have lived in old town, north scottsdale, and now in central-ish phoenix.
Would love to meet up and have weekend work sessions to make it happen!
How is Arizona? Right now I'm living in Virginia and I want to experience the West Coast.

Chaseb731

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 8, 2011
How is Arizona? Right now I'm living in Virginia and I want to experience the West Coast.

What about the west coast do you want to experience?

11.75 months a year of awesome weather, a bankrupt state, and high as hell taxes? If that's for you, come on down to California.

Otherwise, I'd choose AZ or NV.

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
I want to move to FL in Jan. I've never been to AZ but I'd consider it.

What's so great about AZ?

NonMagicalGenie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
What about the west coast do you want to experience?

11.75 months a year of awesome weather, a bankrupt state, and high as hell taxes? If that's for you, come on down to California.

Otherwise, I'd choose AZ or NV.
I meant to say AZ. Been researching it a bit for past couple of days since a lot of people on this forum live there. It seems nice, the culture, the weather, the scenery. I really like it. I've been living in VA for 14 years and its to time to explore to different places. What I want to experience? Well, the culture, environment, and weather are the things I'm curious about.

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
I meant to say AZ. Been researching it a bit for past couple of days since a lot of people on this forum live there. It seems nice, the culture, the weather, the scenery. I really like it. I've been living in VA for 14 years and its to time to explore to different places. What I want to experience? Well, the culture, environment, and weather are the things I'm curious about.

What part of VA do you live in? I grew up in Northern Virginia

VinceT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Oct 20, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Best bet is to visit for a few days :)

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
So I will be traveling for the next 3 months, but I am coming BACK to Scottsdale after my travels (mid to late summer).

Many of you at the Fastlane Summit expressed interest in moving to Scottsdale. I've been here for almost a year it has been nothing but life changing.

So it's time to put your money where your mouth is and decide if you'll do it.

Most of you know when three of us moved to Scottsdale - what happened and all of our lives were forever changed for the better.

If I never moved I'd probably still be in California working out of my parents garage and never outsourcing manufacturing...etc. etc.

Right now we're living in a apartment in the middle of told town - I LOVE this location. Ideally, there could be 4-10 of us living in the same complex in 2-5 Apartments.

This is a work hard, play hard sort of thing. But what you do on your own time is your business. :)

If you're in, reply to this thread or PM me directly and we'll make it happen.

@SeanKelly @FastLanePursuer @AndrewNC @TheTruth @MikeC @Castaway @K.Y. @Moneymadness

That sounds amazing Jason. Always dreamed of something like this which is why I joined this forum. Ugh, anybody want to buy a house so I can hang w/ the other A players in Scottsdale? :)

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
I've actually talked to the wife months ago about exactly this.

Planned to go right to San Diego, but then reconsidered and thought about Las Vegas or Phoenix area b.c of taxes and other things while still being a days drive into SoCal.

We wouldn't be able to drop ship and move this year as it will take our house a bit of time to sell, plus we have kids in school right now. Looking at a 3 year plan to get our oldest out of High School first and then make the move.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.