The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sell it or Monetize More, Then Sell?

Keep Site or Just Sell

• Total voters

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
So I have this site. It's a fitness site, that, with the right brand, can be gold.

Straight up, it's a niche site that's weakly monetized. It needs a stronger, more consistent voice. It's highly niched and women have sent emails to me about their needs for content.

I don't have time, energy or interest in developing the site more. It gets an average of 942 unique monthly hits, about 1042 overall. If I were to be frank, I make like $2 per month on average with it.

I'm not sure if I should throw it up on Flippa, or try to sell the site locally or what.

It can be used for ecommerce (the name has a commerce keyword) and I thought of creating a directory, but again, no time.

OPTIONS
========

1. Rebrand. Build up monetization. Keep money. Sell.
2. Sell domain + contents - keep it moving.

What are your thoughts?

ETA: A strong ecommerce structure is ideal for this, but I'm not interested in the investment required. Plus my intellectual and emotional capital is tied to something else, not affiliate marketing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

samdee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Aug 3, 2014
I might be interested in purchasing the domaain, how much is it up for? Do you have some content i can work with

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
I have - but to be honest, I have not really marketed to them. The list is there. The Twitter followers are there (I have about 500 and most are within this niche). It's a very small but interactive fitness community.

If I keep the site, I determined women are the most likely to respond to this business. I would need to seriously figure out a product just for them though.

Phantom309

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Feb 23, 2010
Panama City,FL
I'm in a very similar boat as you with my site that I'm trying to figure out what to do with. But if you've lost interest in it sell and take away the lessons learned with it. Hope this helps.

Best of luck!

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
I'm in a very similar boat as you with my site that I'm trying to figure out what to do with. But if you've lost interest in it sell and take away the lessons learned with it. Hope this helps.
Best of luck!

I've decided to give it a shot at monetizing once more. The site looks tepid and unbranded. I think I can polish the brand, up traffic and monetization and then flip it to someone looking to market to women using this workout.

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
Thank you! It just needs a stronger funnel and audience... even if I don't keep it, it's like flipping a house... just gotta work harder.

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
It's been a few days. I've revived the site's appearance with an updated template. I'm using WordPress, and finally found a theme I really liked for what I plan to do with the site.

It's going to have a mix of monetization. I won't rely solely upon AdSense or affiliate products. I have a site that's already banned from AdSense. I'm turning that into another type of site using Bing Ads, if I get approved.

If anything, definitely not a Fastlane biz, because control is in someone else's hands but it's going to be a beautiful piece of net real estate for a commerce or niche business if I can swing this right.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
If you can hit 50,000 UV/month and it's women 40+ traffic I'd be willing to buy up all your adspace + help develop it further

P.s If you need help with design, funnel, or running traffic shoot me a PM

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
If you can hit 50,000 UV/month and it's women 40+ traffic I'd be willing to buy up all your adspace + help develop it further

P.s If you need help with design, funnel, or running traffic shoot me a PM

I'm not sure I'll attract women 40+ but I'm almost done - will PM when I feel it's comfortably more pleasing. thanks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.