The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Relatively Profitable Business You Can Start This Week

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
This post is based on a YouTube video I just stumbled upon, on a channel called Box Lyfe. I have no affiliation with the YouTuber, and know nothing about him. However, the video is very straight to the point and not spammy. I think it contains practical information that can be implemented immediately. For people looking to start something.. anything.

In the video, he goes through the steps and resources to get started in the delivery/shipping/removal business, without buying a van. The short story is, rent a van on a third-party site like Priceline (if you can't buy one), instead of directly from the rental company. As it is cheaper.

In the video example, you're looking at $250-300/week rental cost. With that, you can get delivery gigs on marketplaces like Shiply. You should make more than enough to cover all expenses and have an income. From the comments on the YouTube video, several people have taken action on the advice and are seeing decent results. One mentioned $2-3k/week in the removal niche. Read the YouTube comments too.

Obviously, doing this on your own is not fastlane, but it is a good place to start, and can easily be made fastlane. You just need to hire several other people to do the actual deliveries for you, as contract workers. And expand as business grows.

This is targeted to the US, but I believe it can be implemented in several other countries too. I thought I'd post it here, as there have been a lot of recent threads with people seemingly lost or stuck in what business direction to go. This is one option you can get right on, with only a few requirements, and under $400 starting cost.

There is nothing revolutionary or novel about this, but it's one of those things people might overlook, while chasing fancy "online startup" status. All the best to anyone who chooses to give it a shot!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0tg-hokHBY

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

chin boris

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 3, 2020
cameroon
This post is based on a YouTube video I just stumbled upon, on a channel called Box Lyfe. I have no affiliation with the YouTuber, and know nothing about him. However, the video is very straight to the point and not spammy. I think it contains practical information that can be implemented immediately. For people looking to start something.. anything.

In the video, he goes through the steps and resources to get started in the delivery/shipping/removal business, without buying a van. The short story is, rent a van on a third-party site like Priceline (if you can't buy one), instead of directly from the rental company. As it is cheaper.

In the video example, you're looking at $250-300/week rental cost. With that, you can get delivery gigs on marketplaces like Shiply. You should make more than enough to cover all expenses and have an income. From the comments on the YouTube video, several people have taken action on the advice and are seeing decent results. One mentioned $2-3k/week in the removal niche. Read the YouTube comments too.

Obviously, doing this on your own is not fastlane, but it is a good place to start, and can easily be made fastlane. You just need to hire several other people to do the actual deliveries for you, as contract workers. And expand as business grows.

This is targeted to the US, but I believe it can be implemented in several other countries too. I thought I'd post it here, as there have been a lot of recent threads with people seemingly lost or stuck in what business direction to go. This is one option you can get right on, with only a few requirements, and under $400 starting cost.

There is nothing revolutionary or novel about this, but it's one of those things people might overlook, while chasing fancy "online startup" status. All the best to anyone who chooses to give it a shot!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0tg-hokHBY
does that not voilate the commandment of control?

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
does that not voilate the commandment of control?

It doesn't really matter what it violates. The CENTS model is a guiding framework, not a rigid yardstick.
Approach it as a rigid requirement to your own detriment.

The important thing is to go out and offer something people need. People don't "want" shipping services, they need it.
Go out and make practical dollars, rather than find a reason to do nothing. AKA "it violates [insert commandment], so I guess I'll do nothing."

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
In addition, the cost to rent a van can vary widely, depending on demand where you live. Or where you intend to operate. So keep that in mind.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Love stuff like this as it gets tiresome to hear people complain that they can't start a business because they have no money. No, you have no initiative. If you're not lazy and have a brain, there's absolutely NO WAY you can't build up the capital in hustles like these.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

It honestly doesn’t seem like that would take very long to grow even if snowballed.

You also save money by buying the vans instead of renting them.

The key to future growth and sustainability would be getting your own line of business that isn’t subject to the broker apps. Make direct deals with businesses to do all their deliveries.

I’m looking at some of these items on Shiply and knowing what I know about rail, I see opportunity dominating a few links between major cities using rail and having trucks at both ends. We use rail all the time and it’s supremely efficient.

Last edited:

yuriysmart

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Feb 22, 2019
I am doing the same for a months in Australia. The competition is very high and the best I could make is around $1000 per week (working 7 days a week). This is better than nothing, but I could not see any way forward from that point.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I ve done that while studying.
You have to get repeated customers, who need fast delivery.
F e a car factory neds a special front part from the other factory 200 km away the next 4 hours.

Because you will allways be too fast, so at least let them pay for that!

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
I am doing the same for a months in Australia. The competition is very high and the best I could make is around $1000 per week (working 7 days a week). This is better than nothing, but I could not see any way forward from that point.

What additional ways did you try to move it forward?

If you don't own a van, did you look into options for buying instead of renting?

If you do own a van, did you look into alternate or higher paying sources of deliveries?
Since you can't work 24 hours a day, did you look into booking deliveries in your off hours, and have someone else do it?

Were you using Shiply as well? They are also available in Australia

DarkZero

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 29, 2013
I worked in the same day delivery industry for a few years on the logistics side. There are plenty of companies in any metro looking for contractors to give work to because they have a ton of contracts with companies where they need items delivered (everything is B2B).

We had self-employed drivers making 6 figures just by putting the time in to make some cash. The best would branch out and get additional trucks/vans under them and we would contract to them. It was at this time that Amazon was starting to do the same thing to handle their own deliveries so drivers were helping out there.

With your own on-demand delivery business, you can have a couple of vans, couple of drivers, and really turn a profit without doing much work and never doing a delivery once you have the right people in place. Just focus on maintaining relationships. It's super easy to find reliable drivers.

The company I worked for on the logistics side... the founder started the company in the 80s by delivering the packages himself. He quickly expanded and now contracts to drivers instead of hiring in-house drivers. He has offices in 30+ cities in the US.

This is an unsexy industry that is profitable.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
I worked in the same day delivery industry for a few years on the logistics side. There are plenty of companies in any metro looking for contractors to give work to because they have a ton of contracts with companies where they need items delivered (everything is B2B).

We had self-employed drivers making 6 figures just by putting the time in to make some cash. The best would branch out and get additional trucks/vans under them and we would contract to them. It was at this time that Amazon was starting to do the same thing to handle their own deliveries so drivers were helping out there.

With your own on-demand delivery business, you can have a couple of vans, couple of drivers, and really turn a profit without doing much work and never doing a delivery once you have the right people in place. Just focus on maintaining relationships. It's super easy to find reliable drivers.

The company I worked for on the logistics side... the founder started the company in the 80s by delivering the packages himself. He quickly expanded and now contracts to drivers instead of hiring in-house drivers. He has offices in 30+ cities in the US.

This is an unsexy industry that is profitable.

Yeah, it's definitely something people can engage at different scales.

Those starting out can get in like the video I posted. Those with more resources and business experience can source a few ongoing contracts and have a fleet of vans, with contracted drivers.

Cestred

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 27, 2022
Lots of cheap air taskers / gumtree ads. I used the service a lot with my previous but and sell gumtree.

eramart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Aug 31, 2015
Moscow, Russia
There may be a need for more specialized things, like refrigerated vans.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
There may be a need for more specialized things, like refrigerated vans.

Possibly, but except you go the contract route and lock in contracts, it might be harder to get one-off jobs.

polaroid22

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 26, 2021
thanks,
Does anyone know services like this in Europe? (Belgium to be precise?)

thanks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.