The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

REintroduction to Maverick 1000 aka Derek

Maverick 1000

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 6, 2014
Tampa, FL
My name is Derek and I became a member of the Fastlane Forum about 3 years ago after I attended MJ's live event in Phoenix. The past 3 years I've been working extremely hard on a few businesses I own and have had to be laser focused. The downside is that it left me very little time and I haven't been as active on the Forum as I would have liked. I was inspired to reengage with the community after I read MJ's new book Unscripted . The stories and principles he shared in the book are exactly the same principles I used to grow my companies and become financially free. I wanted to show my support to MJ by affirming these principles and also validate how these principles allowed my to gain my freedom. I have never really shared my business story with anyone, primarily because I felt you had to be at MJ's level before anyone would care to listen. After reading Unscripted I changed my thinking on this and realized there are probably a lot of people that could benefit from what I've learned and assist them on their journey. My total revenue in 2017 was 3M with profit of about 1.3M.

I would like to ask the communities for help and guidance on the following.

1. Can someone tell me who the leaders are on the Forum that I could connect with to see how I can contribute to the Forum and help the people that are building companies. Since time is still my biggest challenge, I'm actually looking to pay someone who is an expert on the Forum to be my ambassador. I would pay them to keep me updated on what's happening on the Forum and also help me quickly get up to speed and post in the relevant threads that would be most beneficial to people. I have succeeded in building 2 profitable e-learning companies and also am generating money in real estate deals. I'm happy to share how I've done that.

2. I would also be interested in finding out if there are any specific areas on the Forum for people that have companies in the 1M - 10M range. I belong to several high level master mind groups like War Room (Digital Marketing related), Maverick 1000, and Executive Forum and I'd like to bring my background and experience from these groups to leading a mastermind group like this for other entrepreneurs at the same level.

Thanks in advance for your advice and assistance on these questions. I look forward to bringing my knowledge, experience, and resources to this community.

Derek

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Glad to hear the books have resonated with you and had an impact.

. Can someone tell me who the leaders are on the Forum that I could connect with to see how I can contribute to the Forum and help the people that are building companies. Since time is still my biggest challenge, I'm actually looking to pay someone who is an expert on the Forum to be my ambassador. I would pay them to keep me updated on what's happening on the Forum and also help me quickly get up to speed and post in the relevant threads that would be most beneficial to people. I have succeeded in building 2 profitable e-learning companies and also am generating money in real estate deals. I'm happy to share how I've done that.

2. I would also be interested in finding out if there are any specific areas on the Forum for people that have companies in the 1M - 10M range. I belong to several high level master mind groups like War Room (Digital Marketing related), Maverick 1000, and Executive Forum and I'd like to bring my background and experience from these groups to leading a mastermind group like this for other entrepreneurs at the same level.

Seems like you're complicating this. Every Sunday an email goes out and informs members of the most active/discussed threads.

Contributing to the forum is as simple as visiting and responding with advice where need be.

The INSIDERS forum is where people are building businesses. The outside is typically more of a mix of stuff, some biz building, marketing, "getting started" and finding ideas stuff.

Welcome back to the forum.

Maverick 1000

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 6, 2014
Tampa, FL
Glad to hear the books have resonated with you and had an impact.

Seems like you're complicating this. Every Sunday an email goes out and informs members of the most active/discussed threads.

Contributing to the forum is as simple as visiting and responding with advice where need be.

The INSIDERS forum is where people are building businesses. The outside is typically more of a mix of stuff, some biz building, marketing, "getting started" and finding ideas stuff.

Welcome back to the forum.

MJ,

Thank you for taking the time to personally reply to my post. I appreciate it greatly. Based on the information that I shared in my first post, where do you feel I could contribute the most to your Forum? Let me know what you need the most and how I can help.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
where do you feel I could contribute the most to your Forum?

Wherever you can help in a thread where someone is seeking help, advice, an opinion, any thread where something that aligns with your experience and knowledge base.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Thanks for your generosity and sharing your story. I hope to see you around the forum from time to time and well done on getting where you're at the moment! Pure inspiration :)

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
My name is Derek and I became a member of the Fastlane Forum about 3 years ago after I attended MJ's live event in Phoenix. The past 3 years I've been working extremely hard on a few businesses I own and have had to be laser focused. The downside is that it left me very little time and I haven't been as active on the Forum as I would have liked. I was inspired to reengage with the community after I read MJ's new book Unscripted . The stories and principles he shared in the book are exactly the same principles I used to grow my companies and become financially free. I wanted to show my support to MJ by affirming these principles and also validate how these principles allowed my to gain my freedom. I have never really shared my business story with anyone, primarily because I felt you had to be at MJ's level before anyone would care to listen. After reading Unscripted I changed my thinking on this and realized there are probably a lot of people that could benefit from what I've learned and assist them on their journey. My total revenue in 2017 was 3M with profit of about 1.3M.

1. Can someone tell me who the leaders are on the Forum that I could connect with to see how I can contribute to the Forum and help the people that are building companies. Since time is still my biggest challenge, I'm actually looking to pay someone who is an expert on the Forum to be my ambassador. I would pay them to keep me updated on what's happening on the Forum and also help me quickly get up to speed and post in the relevant threads that would be most beneficial to people. I have succeeded in building 2 profitable e-learning companies and also am generating money in real estate deals. I'm happy to share how I've done that.

Thanks in advance for your advice and assistance on these questions. I look forward to bringing my knowledge, experience, and resources to this community.

Derek

I will certainly love to know about your knowledge on digital marketing. What's working nowadays and what not.

Maverick 1000

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 6, 2014
Tampa, FL
Thanks for your generosity and sharing your story. I hope to see you around the forum from time to time and well done on getting where you're at the moment! Pure inspiration :)
Thanks for your kind words Almantas! I'm excited to begin sharing my experience and hopefully helping other people reach their dreams as well.

Maverick 1000

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 6, 2014
Tampa, FL
Wherever you can help in a thread where someone is seeking help, advice, an opinion, any thread where something that aligns with your experience and knowledge base.
Thanks for the advice MJ. I'll dig into the various threads and see where I can be of value.

Maverick 1000

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 6, 2014
Tampa, FL
I will certainly love to know about your knowledge on digital marketing. What's working nowadays and what not.
I'd be happy to connect with you on a call sometime. This would be the quickest since I'd need to understand what you are trying to achieve and what marketing method would work best for you.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'd be happy to connect with you on a call sometime.

I appreciate you reaching out, but this doesn't help people on the forum, it only helps 1 person and to be honest, when someone offers to help someone via private message, phone calls, etc, more than likely they're being groomed for a $10K coaching program.

In the forum's 10 year history, the probability of someone getting greased for a private coaching program (or mentor program) with the preface of "contact me privately" is about 90%.

So please, if you want to help, please help publicly so everyone can benefit from the problem/solution/advice format.

Thanks!

Maverick 1000

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 6, 2014
Tampa, FL
I appreciate you reaching out, but this doesn't help people on the forum, it only helps 1 person and to be honest, when someone offers to help someone via private message, phone calls, etc, more than likely they're being groomed for a $10K coaching program.

In the forum's 10 year history, the probability of someone getting greased for a private coaching program (or mentor program) with the preface of "contact me privately" is about 90%.

So please, if you want to help, please help publicly so everyone can benefit from the problem/solution/advice format.

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback MJ. I see your point about phone calls only helping one person so I'll post my response to the entire Forum.

Maverick 1000

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 6, 2014
Tampa, FL
I'd be happy to connect with you on a call sometime. This would be the quickest since I'd need to understand what you are trying to achieve and what marketing method would work best for you.

After receiving a message from MJ, please disregard my last note about setting up a call. He would prefer that everything be posted on the thread so everyone in the Forum can receive the benefit of the information and I agree this would be best.

I know a ton of information about digital marketing and I could talk for days about the subject. In order to get you the information you need, can you please provide answers to the following questions:

1. What are you trying to sell?
2. What is the goal you are trying to achieve through digital marketing?
3. What is your budget you have to work with?
4. Do you have any other specific questions I could answer?

I'll be happy to respond once I receive your response.

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
Welcome @Maverick 1000 , great to have you on the forum.

It would be nice if you could create a thread discussing the process through which you built your e-learning companies, the challenges you went through and how you overcame them.
So people can learn from reading about your own experiences, and see what's possible when they're facing challenges in their own business.

Sort of like this lady did in her Gold thread-
GOLD - I Built A Worldwide Business From Broke.

Or like this guy did in his Gold thread-

GOLD - How I lean startup’d my way to $240k+ on the saturated App Store

It doesn't necessarily have to be long, just a "summary" highlighting the key points of your journey so far, the challenges, pivots you needed to make, and the learning points.

We love to see PROCESS. :smile:

If you don't want to post it on the outside due to privacy concerns, you can join the INSIDERS forum, where its protected from indexing by Google and the other search engines. And of course, even in there, you don't need to post any details you don't feel comfortable with posting.

I just think reading about your story could really help and encourage a lot of people on their own journey building their businesses.

Also, if you don't mind, to help more people benefit from your knowledge, it would be nice if you could join the INSIDERS forum, as that is where people discuss their business problems in detail, and you can read their problems and contribute from your wealth of experience.
Those posts are not visible to those on the outside, so you would not see them or be able to help with them from the outside.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Welcome once again.:thumbsup:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Derek

I don't remember you from the Meet Up. Which year did you attend?

I am from Tampa also. There is a huge group of entrepreneurs in the Tampa area that get together every once in awhile so watch for that thread.

Last edited:

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
I know a ton of information about digital marketing and I could talk for days about the subject. In order to get you the information you need, can you please provide answers to the following questions:

I'll be happy to respond once I receive your response.

I'll have a go at this, while waiting for him to show up, lol.

I created a membership site that helps people to achieve their goals and resolutions through a structured program and community support.
I want to help people achieve whatever goals they've set for themselves, in whatever areas of their lives, by helping them use the exact strategy that has helped me achieve some of mine.

My current goal is to have 1000 members on the first month (just starting).

Limited budget, $2,000 max, so hoping to use a combination of free and paid methods to grow membership.

What methods do you think I should follow, given my project and my limited budget? What do you think would give me the most bang for the buck?
Facebook ads seem to be pretty hit and miss, and quite unpredictable from what I've been reading around the forum and on other sites- could give results, could fall flat, and people seem to be unable to categorically state why one campaign succeeds and another fails, even when done by the same person. So, looks quite unpredictable to me.
Google ads, I've learnt are quite expensive and need a significant budget to learn its algorithms and nuances before becoming profitable, in most cases. I've read somewhere that you'll need to budget at least $2,000 before you can reasonably expect to START having a profitable campaign, by which time my budget for ads would have finished, lol.
Social media Influencers marketing like on Instagram and co, I've also heard do not give much value for their cost.
Large list owners charge an arm and a leg for access to their list, and quality of the list cannot always be proven. There is a significant chance of paying for a mailing to a relatively unresponsive list.

What would you advice I do?
What has been your experience with these strategies in marketing your e-learning sites, (which I guess are basically digital products/info products just like mine are).

Or what would you do if out were in my shoes?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'll have a go at this, while waiting for him to show up, lol.

I created a membership site that helps people to achieve their goals and resolutions through a structured program and community support.
I want to help people achieve whatever goals they've set for themselves, in whatever areas of their lives, by helping them use the exact strategy that has helped me achieve some of mine.

My current goal is to have 1000 members on the first month (just starting).

Limited budget, $2,000 max, so hoping to use a combination of free and paid methods to grow membership.

What methods do you think I should follow, given my project and my limited budget? What do you think would give me the most bang for the buck?
Facebook ads seem to be pretty hit and miss, and quite unpredictable from what I've been reading around the forum and on other sites- could give results, could fall flat, and people seem to be unable to categorically state why one campaign succeeds and another fails, even when done by the same person. So, looks quite unpredictable to me.
Google ads, I've learnt are quite expensive and need a significant budget to learn its algorithms and nuances before becoming profitable, in most cases. I've read somewhere that you'll need to budget at least $2,000 before you can reasonably expect to START having a profitable campaign, by which time my budget for ads would have finished, lol.
Social media Influencers marketing like on Instagram and co, I've also heard do not give much value for their cost.
Large list owners charge an arm and a leg for access to their list, and quality of the list cannot always be proven. There is a significant chance of paying for a mailing to a relatively unresponsive list.

What would you advice I do?
What has been your experience with these strategies in marketing your e-learning sites, (which I guess are basically digital products/info products just like mine are).

Or what would you do if out were in my shoes?
Huh? You can start AdWords on a whiff of spend, and just "count impressions" to determine what people are searching for and what the CPCs are roughly.

This might help:

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
Huh? You can start AdWords on a whiff of spend, and just "count impressions" to determine what people are searching for and what the CPCs are roughly.

This might help:

Thanks Andy Black, our resident legendary AdWords don.
I've checked it out, though it seems to be a bit over my head at this time as a relative AdWords newbie (though I'm sure it won't be in a few days time once I've done some studying on AdWords in detail).
Do you by any chance have like a basic "Intro to AdWords" starter thread for Adwords newbies?
I've searched through your 200 threads on your profile and couldn't find it (maybe I missed it).
If you do, kindly point me in that direction.
If not, then I'll just do some self-education via Google and YouTube on the basics of AdWords, then come back to tackle your thread with vigor.

Thanks again for chipping in.

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
eliquid is a marketing guy. Could connect with him.
Wow, thanks for pointing me in his direction. That his Gold thread (Paid Advertising Crash Course) is simply phenomenal.
I'll definitely connect with him and learn more.
Thanks a bunch.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Do you by any chance have like a basic "Intro to AdWords" starter thread for Adwords newbies?
My course will get you started fast:

Otherwise, check out all the threads here:

Maybe this thread sums it all up best?

Or this one?

The first radio interview in my sig might help you get your mindset right too:

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
My course will get you started fast:

Otherwise, check out all the threads here:

Maybe this thread sums it all up best?

Or this one?

The first radio interview in my sig might help you get your mindset right too:
Thanks Andy, you're far too kind.
Will check them out.

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
Funny enough, me and him are about to do an interview!
Hi Eliquid, that would be cool. Would love to read that, as you seem to have a head bursting with ideas, and seasoned with experience.

I'll do an update on my progress thread soon (plan to join the Inside and move it there to be able to discuss freely in detail).
I'll love to have your input in the thread, from your wealth of experience in marketing.
I'll probably tag you there once I've posted the update (if you don't mind).
Thanks.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...