The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Time to finally take action (Reintroduction)

WildBill

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jul 16, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Given that it's been years since I've actually interacted on this forum, I believe I'm due for a reintroduction. I have attached my original introduction for reference.

It's been 5 years now and while I am in a better spot in general, in life.... I have not made any progress on the business front.

Here's a timeline of what I've done since first introducing myself here:

June 2016: I spent a decent amount of time planning out how I was going to start the business I mentioned in my first intro, started a half-a$$ marketing campaign and then quickly started to speculate that "it wouldn't work". Continued working my job while daydreaming about ideas, reading business books and action faking.
January 2017: I started a pressure washing business on the side as a way to "ease myself into the business world". I was semi-successful at it and decided to quit my land surveying job to pressure wash full time.
July 2017: Then life hit... My wife of 7 years at the time decided she and our children were going to take a 1 year hiatus across the country to live with her parents. This sent me to a pretty dark place for about 6 months that drove my pressure washing business into the ground.
March 2018: I decide that if I'm going to get anywhere with this Fastlane thing, I best learn how to code. So I signed up for a full-time, 5 month coding boot camp. (thanks GI Bill)
August 2018: I land a job as a full-time QA Engineer for a CRM company. I tell myself "this is only temporary" a "jumping off point",
August 2018 - Present:
I spent countless hours coming up with countless business ideas in a vacuum, using the Weighted Decision Matrix to pick one, taking a few steps forward and then backing out for another idea. Repeat.
The regret of inaction and wasted time time can really start to weigh on you.
I still have my QA job today but it is being outsourced to Ukraine at the end of this quarter >>>> Hello FTE !!!

On the brighter side:
I am in a much better place financially and actually have money saved up to start a business with. ( I couldn't even make the payments on my parasitic debt 5 years ago).
I have learned a lot in the past 5 years. Things that will help propel me forward in business.
I am restarting this Fastlane journey with a completely different mindset
I have come to accept the fact that ACTION and EXECUTION trump ideas.

I am giving myself 1 week to take complete, precise action on a business idea and hard-deleting the rest of my ideas from existence.

If you take anything away from this post >> Don't waste time idea hopping in a vacuum. Find a NEED and TAKE ACTION!

Hello Everyone,

First off I want to say thank you to MJ DeMarco and all of the awesome entrepreneurs on this forum.
The information given here and in The Millionaire Fastlane is PRICELESS.

A little about me..

I am a 27 year old guy from Texas
I have been walking the sidewalk my entire life in every aspect and had no idea.
I currently have a day job as a land surveyor... I opted for the military instead of school.
Married with two toddler aged children.
Current financial situation is $6000 coming in and $6000 going out every single month almost all of which is parasitic debt...brand new vehicles, mortgage, loans, credit cards etc.
I have had my troubles with alcohol.. have been sober for over a year though.

What am I doing to change my situation?

-Incorporating discipline in every aspect of my life
- Spending every spare second I have learning, improving myself
- Eating, Breathing and Shitting my ONE Fastlane idea
-Taking the advice of the entrepreneurs on this forum whether it is harsh or not
- Starting to take action and stop ACTION FAKING (this is a huge problem for me)

I am currently working on an offline subscription based home services model.
Franchising out or liquidation is the end goal.

A progress thread WILL be coming soon

Thanks for reading.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hampus

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Apr 29, 2021
Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania
I am giving myself 1 week to take complete, precise action on a business idea and hard-deleting the rest of my ideas from existence.

If you take anything away from this post >> Don't waste time idea hopping in a vacuum. Find a NEED and TAKE ACTION!

Hi Bill, happy to see you found your way back to the forum. Out of curiosity, and maybe playing devil's advocate, what are you going to do differently this time around compared to 5 years ago? What has been the mindset shift you mentioned, a skill you learned or tool you found that will help you stay on track and keep yourself accountable to take action and stick with something until you find success? I wish you the best of look and look forward to your follow-up 1 week from now that outlines what action you've taken and what you've been able to achieve! Cheers, Hampus.

WildBill

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jul 16, 2016
San Antonio, TX
what are you going to do differently this time around compared to 5 years ago? What has been the mindset shift you mentioned, a skill you learned or tool you found that will help you stay on track and keep yourself accountable to take action and stick with something until you find success?
Great questions.
This time around I am well versed in the torment that is caused by an extended period of lofty ambitions, coupled with inaction.
I am taking a “let’s find out and then adjust” approach as opposed to a “let’s contemplate everything” approach.
I plan to use this forum as an accountability tool, which I didn’t do before. (It’s already working)
I wish you the best of look and look forward to your follow-up 1 week from now that outlines what action you've taken and what you've been able to achieve!
Thank you!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...