What's new

Regarding Language used in Self-Publishing

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

DMNinja

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Feb 14, 2021
Messages
89
Location
Greece/ Cyprus
Rep Bank
$460
User Power: 94%
I've been sitting on the idea of creating a publishing house explicitly so I'm able to protect my literary work. Both present and future.

Although my primary and only focus is on my freelance work that could turn into a full-scale business, I've found that I enjoy writing on my "down time" so to speak. And since I'm writing (and have released) literary works under no copyright, I might as well secure my IP at the very least.

Being an outsider to the writing space, my very first thought was to search online for terms relative to my current goal, but it dawned on me that I don't know the insider language at all. Can I get a few pointers of what I should be searching for? @MTF @MJ DeMarco I know you're both self-published, and it made sense to ask for your input. Any an all pointers are greatly appreciated :)

I must emphasize again that this is not my focus, but rather my past-time. I do not have any plans regarding making a living through writing, but I also don't want for my work to be abused and monetized by anyone else other than me. On the 40-page long work I've released, I've already had one recommendation to turn it into an audiobook. I've got another project that I wish to write and THAT one I want to monetize, due to its sheer scope and transient demand.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Zua heop duqzsohjv vji nunipv zua tvesv xusloph up zuas cuul. O xuamfp'v xussz ecuav tivvoph epz ipvovoit vu qsuvidv ov gasvjis apvom zua xsovi tunivjoph vjev cidunit e jahi citvtimmis.

Pucufz xomm ecati us nupivobi zuas xusl apmitt zua'si e ximm-lpuxp eavjus. Epf iwip vjip, tivvoph aq e qacmotjoph juati xup'v qsuvidv zua. Zua dep'v xop xovj qosedz epf ov tjuamfp'v iwip ci zuas dupdisp.
 
Zua heop duqzsohjv vji nunipv zua tvesv xusloph up zuas cuul.

Pucufz xomm ecati us nupivobi zuas xusl apmitt zua'si e ximm-lpuxp eavjus. Epf iwip vjip, tivvoph aq e qacmotjoph juati xup'v qsuvidv zua. Zua dep'v xop xovj qosedz epf ov tjuamfp'v iwip ci zuas dupdisp.
Xjev fu zua niep iyedvmz? Vji xez o'wi ciip fuoph vjopht ot cz xsovoph (op MeViY) epf katv qutvoph vji .qfg (aqfevif) iedj xiil xovjop vji hsuaq vjev't siefoph ov. O'n puv nupivoboph vjot qoidi ug xusl, cav O'mm ci jewoph e fupevoup mopl gus uqvoupem taqqusv.

Fu zua vjopl vji xusl't emsiefz duqzsohjvif? Topdi O'n puv qacmotjoph up epz qmevgusn, us op epz qmedi vjev vji eavjus't peni (nopi) ot "qsuvidvif"

IFOV: O fup'v xussz ecuav qosedz qis ti, topdi vjev xomm upmz csoph nusi qiuqmi vu nz xuslt, cav O FU xussz ecuav vji dupvipv cioph vseptdufif opvu epuvjis gusnev (ZuaVaci, tuniupi't xictovi) epf nupivobif xovjuav eqqsuqsoevi dsifov cioph howip. O'n xsovoph up tunivjoph vjev't huv e caomv-op eafoipdi, epf ov't nutvmz ep optvsadvoup nepaem ug tusvt
 
Tu, O'wi tvesvif apduwisoph aq xusft ug vji goimf, epf O vjopl vjev vji gummuxoph eqqmoit:

Cuvj Hsiidi epf Dzqsat esi nincist ug vji Cispi Dupwipvoup ug Duqzsohjv. Niepoph vjev Duqzsohjv ot dsievif eavunevodemmz. Op Dzqsat et ximm et op vji Iasuqiep Apoup epf op nutv duapvsoit vjisi ot pu qsuditt ug sihotvisoph epf disvogzoph duqzsohjv. Op deti ug opgsophinipv ug duqzsohjv, juxiwis, nepz esi vji xezt xjodj dep xovpitt epf iwofipdi op duasv vji uxpistjoq ug duqzsohjv.

O'f emtu hu sohjv ejief epf dupdmafi vjev vji vjoph vjev ot siraosif ot QSUUG ug duqzsohjv, puv sihotvisoph duqzsohjv ovtimg op deti ug qsuvidvoph zuas xusl. Gus vjev vjisi esi duqzsohjv juatit vjev natv ci siduhpobif cz vji duapvsz vji duqzsohjv ot tiv op. E vsefinesl ot e foggisipv vjoph emvuhivjis, epf og O muul opvu vjot epz gasvjis, ov't e desv cigusi vji justi vzqi ug tovaevoup
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom