The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Readers over 40 : tell about your wisdom, achievements, regrets, goals

Anything related to matters of the mind

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
since i am 40 today, i was awarded 5 dollars on this forum and then i thought maybe i could ask readers about their life because time runs very fast.

40 is the mid-life , it is the point where we you are no longer young but not yet old,

it might be the tipping point

so i have 4 questions for you :

1) what 's the most precious lesson you have learned so far ?

2) what's the achievement you are the most proud of ?

3) what's your worst regret or fear about your life ? ( maybe you can fix it in the future )

4) what's your main goal which, when achieved, will make you proud of you when you are old ?

my answers :

1) for things to change, i must change. the universe does not care at all about me .

laws of attraction or the power of the mind have not created situations for me to achieve anything.

2) nothing about wealth

3) i might never achieve anything because the economic collapse is coming

( i have done my homework and research about the world so the odds are very high )

4) financial freedom

like i said earlier , if someone told me :

" look , i will pay your bills, i 'll send you 3000 dollars a month but now onwards you must commit to never try to become rich " ,

i would say " thank you very much, this is exactly what i want : to be free "

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
1) what 's the most precious lesson you have learned so far ? Many life lessons. Things you were taught as facts are not facts. Things you were taught as true are not absolutely true. Things that you thought were important are not that important. The world and everyone in it owes you nothing.

2) what's the achievement you are the most proud of ? Raised my kid to self sufficiency. Taught and continue to teach my kid to the best of my ability.

3) what's your worst regret or fear about your life ? ( maybe you can fix it in the future ) No regrets or fear. I have enjoyed my life thus far, warts and all. I don't fear the future because it is wasted energy and emotion. Change will come, it is inevitable. You must be able to adapt.

4) what's your main goal which, when achieved, will make you proud of you when you are old ? Treat everyone with respect no matter their status in life. Laugh more often. Enjoy more time with loved ones.

Your comments about the economy collapsing...what are you doing to position yourself to take advantage of it? You speak of the economic collapse as total obliteration. American history shows me that my country has had a great many recessions throughout the last 150 years. many of those recessions were coupled with world events as well. In each of those negative events there were winners and losers. Also, there was recovery. Even the Great Recession of 2008 has shown winners, losers, and recovery.

I have not studied all of French history but I know a little. There have been bad times followed by good times.

We all know there will be bad times and we all know there will good times. What are you doing to prepare besides grumbling and griping?

Also, we have people in US that always proclaim the end is coming. Yes, one day they will be right. However, they spend years and years of not enjoying life because they hide and proclaim the end is coming. Wasted worry to me, but, to each his own.

Good luck.

Last edited:
  • Banned

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Your comments about the economy collapsing...what are you doing to position yourself to take advantage of it? You speak of the economic collapse as total obliteration. American history shows me that my country has had a great many recessions throughout the last 150 years. many of those recessions were coupled with world events as well. In each of those negative events there were winners and losers. Also, there was recovery. Even the Great Recession of 2008 has shown winners, losers, and recovery.

Good luck.

let me laugh out loud !!!!

because nobody talks about the economic collapse in France

it is you american guys who talk about it , your youtube channels, your people that i follow

and you guys are right about it : the collapse is inevitable

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas

it is you american guys who talk about it , your youtube channels, your people that i follow

Wow, you have big letters. That must mean something? LOL

If you actually read, this American did reference French history. There have been good times and bad times. Winners and losers.

You still have not answered my question. What are you doing to make the best of the coming situation besides whining?

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
Focus on family. Give your wife and kids everything you've got.

My kids (and wife) seek out and value my opinion.

3) what's your worst regret or fear about your life ? ( maybe you can fix it in the future )
I've made a few poor investment decisions. :(

4) what's your main goal which, when achieved, will make you proud of you when you are old ?
See #2

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
since i am 40 today, i was awarded 5 dollars on this forum and then i thought maybe i could ask readers about their life because time runs very fast.

40 is the mid-life , it is the point where we you are no longer young but not yet old,

my answers :

1) for things to change, i must change. the universe does not care at all about me .

laws of attraction or the power of the mind have not created situations for me to achieve anything.

2) nothing about wealth

( i have done my homework and research about the world so the odds are very high )

4) financial freedom

" look , i will pay your bills, i 'll send you 3000 dollars a month but now onwards you must commit to never try to become rich " ,

i would say " thank you very much, this is exactly what i want : to be free "

Happy birthday!

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE

unfortunately it doesnt matter. I am not one geared towards politics. Whatever happens on that scale will happen. we must press onwards! Like jim rohn said, all that is meaningless when it comes to us and our goals . even amidst collapses we will be successful and rich

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland

If you knew what the lottery numbers would be would you want everyone talking about it? Or would you focus on buying your own ticket?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
As I've got older, I've got better at this:

"God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, the courage to change the things we can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

DuncDad

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 8, 2016

my answers :

2) nothing about wealth

4) financial freedom

" look , i will pay your bills, i 'll send you 3000 dollars a month but now onwards you must commit to never try to become

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DuncDad

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 8, 2016
1) lesson - experiences are better than 'stuff', people trump experiences.

2) achievement - to not have given up despite all the shit life has thrown my way

3) regret - wasting time and money, get smarter about both, a sap, and teach your kids even earlier.

4) goal - set my boy up with great financial education and give him a solid kickstart into his own journey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jazzcat

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jan 3, 2013
Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex
Here is my contribution...it started as the "8K"..."K" = "Keys"...I've added two over the years so now it's the "10K"...my father's discipline led to these keys when he thought I was a bit too full of myself and I thought I had all things figured out at about 15 years of age...it was his belief that powerful ideas were those that could be pitched on the space of a 3X5 card...these keys are like my personal board of directors:

Know EXACTLY What You Want
Pay The Price Required
Do Good
Take Action Now
Embrace Struggles
Press Forward
Get Better
Be Grateful
Be Respectful
Celebrate

FiftySeven

Sex. Power. World Domination.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
479%
Jan 18, 2015
LandoftheBlind where one-laser-eyed man is King
I wasn't gonna answer this but then I saw that @Andy Black chimed in so here goes:

1) what 's the most precious lesson you have learned so far ? There's a reason for 'meeting the family' - look her Mum over pretty good because that's what you'll have in 20 years. :(

2) what's the achievement you are the most proud of ? "Rich man's family"; the kids turned out pretty good.

3) what's your worst regret or fear about your life ? ( maybe you can fix it in the future ) - see #1 ; didn't meet enough folks at the 2016 Summit MY FAULT!!! Didn't meet enough go-getters when I was younger MY FAULT!!

4) what's your main goal which, when achieved, will make you proud of you when you are old ? Like @TedM , see #2 but also - I'm financially independent now, I have a lot of friends, could probably hitchhike coast-to-coast in the US without sleeping on the ground. My friends take care of me. It's a good life if you choose to make it that way!

Tnx,

Goldman snacks

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Aug 15, 2016
I had to take a shower after reading about the economy crashing.
How can you live your life as a victim of the economy, government or any external influence.
I could care less if there is an economic downturn or not, millions of people are still making millions when there is a downturn, heck some people even have the most lucrative years of their lives in a downturn. You always see people complaining about the government this, the government that, or "its those wall street bankers taking all our money", people protesting about Verizon wages being too low and how its the people on the top stealing from their pockets. Is that $3 difference an hour, or that nasty banker not paying his taxes really the reason why they struggle to feed their kids? REALLY?

oh I also have to walk past people protesting on my way to work with signs and shouting "we must stop the 1% ", i'm just like hey don't mind me I'm just trying to join them.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
I had to take a shower after reading about the economy crashing.
How can you live your life as a victim of the economy, government or any external influence.
I could care less if there is an economic downturn or not, millions of people are still making millions when there is a downturn, heck some people even have the most lucrative years of their lives in a downturn. You always see people complaining about the government this, the government that, or "its those wall street bankers taking all our money", people protesting about Verizon wages being too low and how its the people on the top stealing from their pockets. Is that $3 difference an hour, or that nasty banker not paying his taxes really the reason why they struggle to feed their kids? REALLY?

oh I also have to walk past people protesting on my way to work with signs and shouting "we must stop the 1% ", i'm just like hey don't mind me I'm just trying to join them.

so the point is not to spend years on the economic situation . since nobody cares

i sincerely hope you are right guys to ignore facts

because if you are proved wrong within a few months, i will laugh at you guys like never seen on the web.

EVER

by the way, the thread is about answering the 4 questions i gave you, not complaining all day that i am wrong

Goldman snacks

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Aug 15, 2016
my point is not that you are wrong, most of my friends think that way, its just not going to empower you and nobody is going to come and grant all your wishes just because you feel you deserve it. I also know that there will most likely be a downturn in the coming years, google 'business cycle'. I'm 22 not over 40, hence why there was no 4 questions from me.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
1) Know EXACTLY What You Want
2) Pay The Price Required
3) Do Good
4) Take Action Now
5) Embrace Struggles
6) Press Forward
7) Get Better
8) Be Grateful
9) Be Respectful
10) Celebrate
Love this list. Thanks @Jazzcat

I thought I had all things figured out at about 15 years of age
Yeah, isn't it amazing how much smarter our parents get as we get older?

My Dad learned so much in the few years between my 15th and my 21st birthdays.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Being a Brit doesn't excuse you on this one, Andy. Mark Twain said it first ;)
Aha. Thanks @TedM

I saw it on a card in a gift shop. My Dad was with me. We laughed, because I'm a Dad now, with a teenage stepson. It was a great moment actually.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
so the point is not to spend years on the economic situation . since nobody cares

i sincerely hope you are right guys to ignore facts

because if you are proved wrong within a few months, i will laugh at you guys like never seen on the web.

EVER

by the way, the thread is about answering the 4 questions i gave you, not complaining all day that i am wrong

I happily answered the 4 questions.

My other point was not to prove that you were wrong. I actually agreed with you. There will be an economic downturn.

What I wanted to show you is that worrying and all the other negative antics is wasted focus and energy for you. You cannot stop what the powers in control do.

The great Jim Rohn spoke about the seasons of life. He said there will be planting season, growing season, harvest, and winter. This cycle has been going on for thousands of years. You need to be planting and growing the things that will get you through the winter. That is where you spend your energy and time.

Collectively, I think we are due a winter. I do hope you are making plans and preparing. Good luck.

ocricci

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Apr 20, 2013

EVER

I'm curious.
Did you ?

Just kidding =)

Bump

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders