The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Oooh do me! Who am I? :rofl:

Please say Rachael Maddow

If I read more of your podcast coming through in forum posts, I think we'd all be much happier. Probably wealthier too.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
The point is that it is wise to remember to question what you think you know is true. Question everything, even ideas you like and that you think you agree with.
I definitely agree with this point, I tried to explain it in my own way in my post where I mentioned taking what you like and leaving the rest. I just didn't understand why you were singling out new media, it's obvious to me that a heap of new media is just the same rubbish on a different platform.

And I also took your post the wrong way in that I thought you were suggesting everyones posts should be some original thought of theirs, my point was unless you had a direct life experience you wouldn't be able to have much of an original thought on many things and sharing something you've heard that resonates shouldn't be frowned upon.

It's amazing just how bias our "news" is.

Let's take 2 recent stories:
Ron De Santis telling kids to take thier masks off.

One "news" outlet claimed he was a hero standing up for kids against tyranny.

Another claimed he yelled at intimidated and bullied these kids making them uncomfortable.

If it was real news it would say Ron did this here's the video, and let you make up your own mind. Even that would be bias though as they would be able to control which stories you see.

Another example - Canadian Truckers

Tucker said they are heroes standing up to tyranny and encouraged Americans to do their own convoy.

Another pointed out Tucker has been complaining about supply chain shortages and is now encouraging truckers to create more, so that he can blame Biden and put Biden in a spot where he has to use force to end the protests.

I know this will be considered a bad takeaway but it's why I've mostly stopped reading books and listening to podcasts. Most people are completely full of shit. I'll only consume their content if I do A LOT of research on them first and feel they have little ulterior motives (MJ for example).

I was guilty of the opposite when I was 18 and being too humble and trusting others that I looked up to too much, instead of my gut instinct and experience.
100% true, and even if they aren't full of shit, and they have been there and done that, what's to say that their experience/results wasn't a fluke or that yours will be the same. Maybe they missed a main factor of their success and started teaching something else they were doing that was actually holding them back.

I don't have a huge amount of business experience or wide range of things I've done that I can draw on but I have ads and ecom experience, and I can tell you and everyone on this forum that my experience with Facebook ads has been the total opposite of everyone else's and what they preach.

My most successful ads were/are just pictures of my product.

Every guru teaches video.

Every guru teaches UGC content and pictures of people with your product.

I've tested them and they have always preformed worse for me.

Not to mention, I have listened to 100s of hours of podcasts and courses related to Facebook ads and heard by most successful method mentioned ONCE.

Dynamic creative ads.

In saying that though, without testing all these ideas and learning from podcasts, courses and books I'd be no where near where I am. Not even close. Even just forum threads, in particular HughJassles and Sanjay Modha (who it won't let me tag). So I would never throw the baby out with the bathwater. Read and learn from all different sources, but then put what you learn to the test.

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
I know this will be considered a bad takeaway but it's why I've mostly stopped reading books and listening to podcasts. Most people are completely full of shit. I'll only consume their content if I do A LOT of research on them first and feel they have little ulterior motives (MJ for example).
That’s too bad.

I don’t listen to podcasts (except Kyle’s show); but like my books and audiobooks. MJ is probably right; but he’s human like the rest of us. It’s up to you to trust but verify.

Reading more books keeps your mind sharp. Just be careful what you read. But don’t stop reading. Never stop reading. My two cents.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Well, looks like it's about time to pull the ripcord on discord...

They've updated their terms of service. "Misinformation" and "disinformation" are no longer allowed...

Anyone have recommendations for a discord alternative that isn't on the woketard train?

View attachment 42420
The Fastlane Forum and talking to people face to face lol

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
I like to think of myself as half Christian Grey/ half Jason Bourne.

Any woman I’ve ever met would disagree though.

You too? What a coincidence!!

:rofl:

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Most of the forum's opinion posts across the past two years aren't authentic posts by people on this forum.

They're the thoughts and words of major podcasters speaking through people on this forum.

Lately, the forum feels a lot like this...

View attachment 42431

I don't even see the posts... All I see is Joe Rogan, Ben Shapiro, Tucker Carlson, Jordan Peterson...

Minds can be controlled by new media as easily as they were controlled by the old.

Maybe your favorite podcaster has your best interests at heart.

Maybe they are authentically good people who want to change the world for the better.

Money still moves behind them. Money motivates control.
Mehhhhhh I'm gonna have to disagree with you here Lex. I think there are more people than maybe you think that are learning to take only some things rather than ALL from these guys (aka gurus).

I personally follow content for 3 out of 4 of those guys (for whatever reason I don't see much of Tucker) and I still have a lot of issues with other things about them, and I find I hear the same back when I talk to people about them face to face.

And honestly, I personally don't think money changes the motivation behind Jordan Peterson or Joe Rogan. I don't know enough about Ben or Tucker to say that with as much conviction though.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
I'm not personally interested in RE development at my stage in life right now, perhaps in the future. I think others on the forum interested in entering RE would love it. However, I listened to your interview on Kak's podcast, and I really enjoyed it. It was the first episode of his I listened. I like your thought process about entrepreneurship. If you wrote a post about the biggest lessons you learned on your entrepreneurship journey, mindset changes to take your business to the next level, tactics you've used to enter a hard business field, leveraging capital effectively, life wisdom in general, and etc., I think it would be cool and beneficial for a lot of us. If not, I guess I'll be the one eager person to read it.

Thank you. I’ll think about how to do that too. Is it part of AMA or separate? Maybe it’s an expansion to Kyle’s show?

I’ll find a way. Thanks again.

For now I started with a general AMA here REAL ESTATE - 7 Steps on How to Become a Real Estate Developer. *AMA on RE Development*

@MJ DeMarco let me know if I’m doing it wrong. Thanks.

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxcrBGUYnxA

Went from shining shoes at 11 years old to selling mixtapes out of the trunk of his car to starting his own record label.

He was murdered 3 years ago this month outside of his clothing store in the small shopping center he had just purchased.

The people around you can make or break you. Maybe if he wouldn't have stayed in his old neighbourhood he wouldn't have been shot 10 times.

Hanabi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Jan 22, 2022
Florida
Is it part of AMA or separate? Maybe it’s an expansion to Kyle’s show?
I think the other post on the topics I mentioned would be a good category on it's own. My perspective is
it'll be easier for readers to find exactly what they want to to read. If you prefer another podcast on Kyle's show instead, I think that's fine too. Whatever you prefer and think is best to do, I'm not picky about.

Nice. I like how you explained the basics of RE Development and to what areas a developer could branch into. Perfect for people clueless on the subject. I'm in this category of people, lol.

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Remember to be nice to the NPCs

1D7DD8AD-86CF-41AE-8BF9-99848FF48FEC.jpeg

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
The people around you can make or break you. Maybe if he wouldn't have stayed in his old neighbourhood he wouldn't have been shot 10 times.

He wanted to do good in his neighborhood. That's how they repaid him for his kindness...

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

I read very little how-to these days and prefer autobiographies. Yes, they're subjective but in autobiographies people usually aren't selling anything and just telling the story of their life. You can learn a lot about people by exposing yourself to different viewpoints and completely different lifestyles.

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
es, they're subjective but in autobiographies people usually aren't selling anything and just telling the story of their life. You can learn a lot about people by exposing yourself to different viewpoints and completely different lifestyles.
That is true. I enjoyed and learned from Felix Dennis' HTGR which is practically an autobiography. Still have to take them with a pinch of salt.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
That is true. I enjoyed and learned from Felix Dennis' HTGR which is practically an autobiography. Still have to take them with a pinch of salt.

For sure. I find Felix Dennis's book unique in that he wrote a how-to make money book but in reality it sounded more like a call for help and a realization that he spent his life on ultimately meaningless pursuits. This to me was a way bigger lesson than his business tips. This isn't something you're going to learn from a neat how-to business books with 7 steps to generational wealth.

This quote shows how bitter he was about his life choices:

Wealth makes many demands and, by the time you have acquired it, you will be prey to certain habits. You will fear to lose it and must spend a great deal more time to defend it. No one is ‘independent’ of the human race. ‘No man is an island entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main.’ Heed the words of John Donne, finest of poets: ‘And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls: it tolls for thee.’ Aye, so it does.

No luxury of choices for rich little you. You will be too busy keeping the sea from washing away the sand you have spent so long collecting at such terrible cost to your health and your sanity and your relationships with others. It is always thus. There is no escape. You believe (I know you do) that it will be different for you. But it won’t be. It never is.

Happiness? Do not make me laugh. The rich are not happy. I have yet to meet a single really rich happy man or woman – and I have met many rich people. The demands from others to share their wealth become so tiresome, and so insistent, they nearly always decide they must insulate themselves. Insulation breeds paranoia and arrogance. And loneliness. And rage that you have only so many years left to enjoy rolling in the sand you have piled up.

The only people the self-made rich can trust are those who knew them before they became wealthy. For many newly rich people, the world becomes a smaller, less generous and darker place. It sounds ridiculous, doesn’t it? Ridiculous and gloomy. But then, you are to consider that I have been very poor and I am now very rich. I am an optimist by nature. And I have the ability to write poetry and create the forest I am busy planting. Am I happy? No. Or, at least, only occasionally, when I am walking in the woods alone, or deeply ensconced in composing a difficult piece of verse, or sitting quietly with old friends over a bottle of wine. Or feeding a stray cat.

I could do all those things without wealth. So why do I not give it all away?

Because I worked too hard for it. Because I am tainted by it. Because I am afraid to. All those reasons and more. Perhaps, if I am lucky enough to become old, I will accumulate something else: the courage to give it all away before I die. That would be a good thing, I think.

(When I die, it is all going to a charity called ‘The Forest of Dennis’. You see, even when I do a good thing with my money, my ego insists that I name it for myself. Not a good sign.)

Giving money away when you are dead takes no guts. No courage. But to divest yourself of hundreds of millions of dollars, or the greater part of your fortune, before your death? That would be something to be proud of, don’t you think? It even makes logical sense.

For what is left afterwards but a few tears by a graveside and years of bickering and waste over a complex will? (The wills of the rich are always complex.) Bitter years, where lawyers count the number of fairies they believe you once thought danced upon the head of a pin – years in which they enrich themselves at your descendants’ expense. A fine legacy, to be sure.

But you must make your own choice. I have said my piece and I meant every word of it. This small part of my book was composed in my mind years ago. It was easy to write. I knew all of it before my fingers touched the keyboard. It has troubled me for years and I thank you for allowing me to share it.

I suspect it will have little effect on you, though. You are probably young and are tired of being poor. And tired, from years of growing up and schooling, of being lectured. Very well. Let us return to a recap of the ‘important bits’ to help you on your journey. But just before we do, can I ask you to do me a small favour?

Please lodge one fact in your memory: that the last one thousand five hundred words was an ‘important bit’. In my heart of hearts, I know it was the most important bit you will read in this book.

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK
I don't even see the posts... All I see is Joe Rogan, Ben Shapiro, Tucker Carlson, Jordan Peterson...
You know you're getting old when you have to use a search engine to find out who these people are .

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I question whether normies actually exist or whether they are just some form of trial in the desert.

nothingness

I make great coffee
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Mar 3, 2021
UK
Most of the forum's opinion posts across the past two years aren't authentic posts by people on this forum.

They're the thoughts and words of major podcasters speaking through people on this forum.

Lately, the forum feels a lot like this...

View attachment 42431

Minds can be controlled by new media as easily as they were controlled by the old.

Maybe your favorite podcaster has your best interests at heart.

Maybe they are authentically good people who want to change the world for the better.

Money still moves behind them. Money motivates control.
If I posted 100% of my own thoughts here I would probably be classed as a schizo l00ney and banned. There's far more to the world than most people see. Some people just see it. It's like the movie They Live; some people don't need the sunglasses.
It's also far easier to "redpill" someone by posting snippets of your opinion that a major figurehead like JR states. People have cognitive biases.
I give people more of an eye opener to how the world works by posting 1% of a truth via a joe rogan meme than if I gave them 100% of a truth posted by me, a nobody, who they can just convieniently ignore.
It's like how Nike spends billions putting its logo on billboards around the globe instead of putting a specific training shoe on billboards around the globe. People see it, so they trust it, so they buy it when given a choice between Nike or Adidas.
And even though JR is controlled opposition, a good 80% of the stuff he talks about is actually real. They sacrifice lesser truths to hide the major ones.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
If I posted 100% of my own thoughts here I would probably be classed as a schizo l00ney and banned. There's far more to the world than most people see. Some people just see it. It's like the movie They Live; some people don't need the sunglasses.
It's also far easier to "redpill" someone by posting snippets of your opinion that a major figurehead like JR states. People have cognitive biases.
I give people more of an eye opener to how the world works by posting 1% of a truth via a joe rogan meme than if I gave them 100% of a truth posted by me, a nobody, who they can just convieniently ignore.
It's like how Nike spends billions putting its logo on billboards around the globe instead of putting a specific training shoe on billboards around the globe. People see it, so they trust it, so they buy it when given a choice between Nike or Adidas.
And even though JR is controlled opposition, a good 80% of the stuff he talks about is actually real. They sacrifice lesser truths to hide the major ones.
Joe makes me laugh because he hints at so many different things but he never connects them all.

I don’t know if he hasn’t connected them himself or he’s being careful and letting people connect them themselves.

I don’t think he’s controlled opposition but I haven’t listened to him since that apology video, maybe he’s changed now. I imagine something happened a little more serious behind the scenes that made him make that video. The cancelling was just the cover for it.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
Reminds me of this video of Goggins vs a huge Football player

View: https://youtu.be/FOdRDNJ7EX4
Had a buddy at the gym quit his squat workout 2 sets early, excuses like not the right diet from the day before (Catholic who couldn't eat meat on Friday), and not feeling it today.

Just said, who's gonna carry the boats to him, semi jokingly. But he said f*** it you're right, and reset up his weight rack. And rattled off the last two sets.

Crazy the amount of influence this guy has.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Well F*ck me I am old now.

I was so excited to get back into the gym after so long away. I took it super easy. Like so easy I was embarrassed at how easy I was taking it. Day one I do some dumbbell incline and flat bench press. Nice and light. And some pitifully small weights on overhead tricep extensions while lying on a bench. Next day I could barely shower my arms hurt so bad. Did legs the next day and it was okay.

Then I did a super easy shoulder and lat exercise, but I threw in some sets of pullips which I think was a mistake. Tennis elbow in BOTH elbows flaired up so much that today I can barely do anything. I did legs today about 50% harder than 3 days ago, and they feel good. But my arms!!!! My freaking arms!!! Thank goodness I brought one arm band with my for the tennis elbow and I slapped it on an hour ago and it feels a lot better, I'll have to buy another tomorrow.

This sucks! I barely worked out at all, and STILL injured myself. Good thing my legs feel so good, I guess I can use this time working on them and doing some running cardio.

nothingness

I make great coffee
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Mar 3, 2021
UK
Joe makes me laugh because he hints at so many different things but he never connects them all.

I don’t know if he hasn’t connected them himself or he’s being careful and letting people connect them themselves.

I don’t think he’s controlled opposition but I haven’t listened to him since that apology video, maybe he’s changed now. I imagine something happened a little more serious behind the scenes that made him make that video. The cancelling was just the cover for it.
And when he does state outrageous things, people just mock him.
Much like Alex Jones' claim that "they are turning the frogs gay"
The herbicide atrazine is one of the most commonly applied pesticides in the world. As a result, atrazine is the most commonly detected pesticide contaminant of ground, surface, and drinking water. Atrazine is also a potent endocrine disruptor that is active at low, ecologically relevant concentrations. Previous studies showed that atrazine adversely affects amphibian larval development. The present study demonstrates the reproductive consequences of atrazine exposure in adult amphibians. Atrazine-exposed males were both demasculinized (chemically castrated) and completely feminized as adults. Ten percent of the exposed genetic males developed into functional females that copulated with unexposed males and produced viable eggs.
There's a lot of truth in fiction.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
“Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated.”

— Thomas Paine

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007