The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Boogie

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Nov 27, 2014
Midwest, USA
Dad watched me develop that mindset over my lifetime, but he hasn't developed it and I don't know if he ever will. The best I can do now is try to create that freedom for him through my own success.

Good luck. Having gone through parents not being able to maintain their business and life, the more you can help him shore himself up, the better unless you can take it on if needed. My dad stuck to his same business model for too long and it burned him. My mom would never start anything after her antique shops. Both were costly mistakes. Both for them and for me. Parents do get expensive in the declining years if they haven't made it. Nursing homes and health care cost a lot of money. (I see posts by FIRE people saying they only need X amount of dollars. Ha. Many haven't factored in the massive cost of aging.) There was no way I'd let my parents go without my help so I took on a lot of costs.

Maybe there's a path with your light manufacturing type of businesses where he could be coached by you.

In any case, good luck. It's great that you're looking out for him.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Any maskies have the balls to explain this to me?

View attachment 41599

The picture is disturbing, but more so that I am paying these people to "educate" children in an ideology adverse to my own beliefs. . . do you think these children are taught critical thinking? Taught the virtuous importance of liberty and economic freedom? Nope, they're being taught how to be good little obedient sheep.

On the fiscal side with my taxes paying for this garbage, it's the modern equivalent of me being forced to donate my money to the Communist Party, you know, so more of these little angels can grow up and say stupid shit like "evil rich people" and "pay your fair share."

BTW, if you ever hear anyone say, "pay your fair share" -- walk away or close the browser -- you know that person is a low-IQ moron whose idea of being informed is Maddow at dinner and Fallon at midnight.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
BTW, if you ever hear anyone say, "pay your fair share" -- walk away or close the browser -- you know that person is a low-IQ moron whose idea of being informed is Maddow at dinner and Fallon at midnight.
I can't even describe the anger I feel when I read or hear the words "fair share." Usually spoken by a dumb F*ck who has never paid any taxes, attacking a guy who in one month pays more taxes than the F*cker will pay in 10 lifetimes along with his entire family. But yeah, PAY YOUR FAIR SHARE so I can do F*ck all and spend my life attacking people who provide for me.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Any maskies have the balls to explain this to me?

Haven't you heard... They're bracing for o-mini-cron which attacks mini-adults with a terrible bout of runny nose. Gotta sell those stockpiles of vaccines.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I can't even describe the anger I feel when I read or hear the words "fair share." Usually spoken by a dumb f*ck who has never paid any taxes, attacking a guy who in one month pays more taxes than the f*cker will pay in 10 lifetimes along with his entire family. But yeah, PAY YOUR FAIR SHARE so I can do f*ck all and spend my life attacking people who provide for me.

@MTF please tell us how you REALLY feel. Don't hold back :rofl:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The picture is disturbing, but more so that I am paying these people to "educate" children in an ideology adverse to my own beliefs. . . do you think these children are taught critical thinking? Taught the virtuous importance of liberty and economic freedom? Nope, they're being taught how to be good little obedient sheep.

On the fiscal side with my taxes paying for this garbage, it's the modern equivalent of me being forced to donate my money to the Communist Party, you know, so more of these little angels can grow up and say stupid shit like "evil rich people" and "pay your fair share."

I can't even describe the anger I feel when I read or hear the words "fair share." Usually spoken by a dumb f*ck who has never paid any taxes, attacking a guy who in one month pays more taxes than the f*cker will pay in 10 lifetimes along with his entire family. But yeah, PAY YOUR FAIR SHARE so I can do f*ck all and spend my life attacking people who provide for me.

Sorry for the rant as I try to be more stoic and grounded as Michael Singer would respond, but every quarter when I have to write a huge check for quarterly taxes (while realizing what I could have bought with that money for myself or people close to me) I get extremely irritable. This quarter I threw away a couple of Teslas, a STEM college education at a top university, and the funding for charitable organization I would have loved to have founded... all so the idiots in Washington DC can pay (bribe) people not to work so they can do TikTok dance videos all day, among other things.

That's my "fair share" - I literally would have felt better burning the cash in my backyard.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
You get what you pay for. And there is always "cheaper".

FJJ5ZeTX0AcyMHt.jpeg

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
My dad, who is in his mid-50's, escaped an excruciating factory labor job when he was younger than I am now. Afterward, he worked hard in different roles to ensure he would never have to return. He set out to become a minister (and succeeded) and later became a part-time bus driver and worked his way up to the top as Director of Transportation for a local school going from around $11/hr to over $70,000 per year.

The Director position was very demanding and after about a decade in that role, he left to take another Director position in a parallel industry. But that company was only a few years in and was run by startup types. Dad wasn't sure how to function in a place like that and ultimately quit without any kind of backup plan because he thought he could easily find comparable work in the transportation fields.

Now, after not finding employment for a month or so, and with bills to pay, dad took an interview a few days ago for the graveyard shift at the factory he fought so hard to escape. That place is familiar, reliable. But my dad is much older than he was back then, and he hasn't worked in a factory in close to 30 years.

He's read the Millionaire Fastlane . Talks about starting a business. Asks me what businesses he can get into, and his eyes light up when he imagines a world with purpose. He knows things are changing. But he's too afraid to take action on anything that could lead to the freedom he dreams of, and he feels like he is too old to do it anyway. His health habits are terrible, he watches too much news, the people around him don't support non-traditional paths, and he's grown tired, weary, and likely depressed.

I don't know why I'm sharing this. It's just deeply troubling for me.

I think what pains me the most is that the reason my first job was fast food, the reason I joined the military, the reason I became an entrepreneur was because when I was around 10 years old, and I watched my dad leave for work before the sun came up, and come home every night and crash down to sleep in that old broken recliner, I whispered a vow to myself that I would never allow that to happen to me. I would never work in a factory not one single day in my life.

There's a mindset that does not form overnight, but over time through every decision we make. It builds up like callouses on the hands, and it isn't achieved through employment because it requires levels of risk, stress, and potentially prolonged discomfort. After taking those risks, getting your hands dirty, fighting a thousand battles... you earn a thick skin and get comfortable with discomfort. Now taking action, even risky action, is second nature to you, and because you've built this mindset, you've earned the freedom of choice.

Dad watched me develop that mindset over my lifetime, but he hasn't developed it and I don't know if he ever will. The best I can do now is try to create that freedom for him through my own success.

I guess the moral of this story is really a question to those who are afraid to start. Cast your vision out 30 years into the future. Whatever past you worked so hard to improve on, how does it feel to be back where you started because you let the fear of what might happen stop you from walking a seemingly harder road? How does it feel to have no choice now because you chose a comfortable illusion every single day starting so long ago?
That's sad because from what I've read, your dad, having multiple years experience as director he could easily have got a job that is much better then the night factory shift.
It's also incredible how you can keep the feeling of comfort with something you did 30 years earlier.

This is one of the things that motivates me.
I've seen myself a similar situation, with my father owning a business for years, then after it's failure see him coming back to back-destroying jobs, exactly back as a carpenter or moving furniture around, what he did in his youth, expect now he is 30 years older, and can't certainly move things around so easily.
You would expect he would have learnt to hustle, leverage his skills to make money but no. That's also why I want to learn this thing step by step and not jump straight into a business.
I did 2 days of a factory job and it was terrible.
The fear of coming back at my lowest point or my origins is a major motivator. Comfort can't beat it.

He already saw what you did, so maybe you can be a guiding light for him

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
The more I see kids wearing masks the more I see child abuse. It is literally abuse. How many studies are out there showing that kids need to see facial expressions and your mouth while talking?

Young kids literally learn how to form language and words by watching your mouth as you talk. Watch their eyes when you talk and they flick to your mouth. Covering it all the time is going to create a whole generation of people who don't know how to communicate properly.

Kids can't virtue signal, so their moronic parents and elders force it upon them.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Can you share a picture? I absolutely love old school libraries!!! Wood, book shelves, classic leather furniture, heavy desks. Wow!

Here is a picture my library and what's there now, it's sort of pieced together as we've been struggling to find stuff for the house due to supply issues. Haven't found my desk yet, and the "classic leather furniture" is not a consideration as I'm vegan and I try to avoid animal products.

This is where I relax and write, my personal office is where I manage business affairs.

IMG_2271.JPG

IMG_2272.JPG

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
The more I see kids wearing masks the more I see child abuse. It is literally abuse. How many studies are out there showing that kids need to see facial expressions and your mouth while talking?

Young kids literally learn how to form language and words by watching your mouth as you talk. Watch their eyes when you talk and they flick to your mouth. Covering it all the time is going to create a whole generation of people who don't know how to communicate properly.

Kids can't virtue signal, so their moronic parents and elders force it upon them.

Great post and important topic. We already have a problem with kids being glued to their iPhones.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Since we're on the topic of libraries and work spaces, here are some photos which I packed in my head when I went on my house hunt ... spaces like this truly make work a joy.

20180926164352386206000000-o.jpg20180224172046276787000000-o.jpg20180316203134050440000000-o.jpg20170710181730480048000000-o.jpg20190116174759390682000000-o.jpg20181026194441904366000000-o.jpg
20191206174015021203000000-o.jpg
20190310000724111917000000-o.jpg

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Take your damn JAB or get fired.

https://www.businessinsider.com/nike-prepares-fire-unvaxinated-employees-C0VlD-19-oregon-2022-1

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Since we're on the topic of libraries and work spaces, here are some photos which I packed in my head when I went on my house hunt ... spaces like this truly make work a joy.

View attachment 41608View attachment 41609View attachment 41610View attachment 41611View attachment 41612View attachment 41614
View attachment 41613
View attachment 41615
#2 and #4 - please and thank you.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
My dad, who is in his mid-50's, escaped an excruciating factory labor job when he was younger than I am now. Afterward, he worked hard in different roles to ensure he would never have to return. He set out to become a minister (and succeeded) and later became a part-time bus driver and worked his way up to the top as Director of Transportation for a local school going from around $11/hr to over $70,000 per year.

The Director position was very demanding and after about a decade in that role, he left to take another Director position in a parallel industry. But that company was only a few years in and was run by startup types. Dad wasn't sure how to function in a place like that and ultimately quit without any kind of backup plan because he thought he could easily find comparable work in the transportation fields.

Now, after not finding employment for a month or so, and with bills to pay, dad took an interview a few days ago for the graveyard shift at the factory he fought so hard to escape. That place is familiar, reliable. But my dad is much older than he was back then, and he hasn't worked in a factory in close to 30 years.

He's read the Millionaire Fastlane . Talks about starting a business. Asks me what businesses he can get into, and his eyes light up when he imagines a world with purpose. He knows things are changing. But he's too afraid to take action on anything that could lead to the freedom he dreams of, and he feels like he is too old to do it anyway. His health habits are terrible, he watches too much news, the people around him don't support non-traditional paths, and he's grown tired, weary, and likely depressed.

I think what pains me the most is that the reason my first job was fast food, the reason I joined the military, the reason I became an entrepreneur was because when I was around 10 years old, and I watched my dad leave for work before the sun came up, and come home every night and crash down to sleep in that old broken recliner, I whispered a vow to myself that I would never allow that to happen to me. I would never work in a factory not one single day in my life.

There's a mindset that does not form overnight, but over time through every decision we make. It builds up like callouses on the hands, and it isn't achieved through employment because it requires levels of risk, stress, and potentially prolonged discomfort. After taking those risks, getting your hands dirty, fighting a thousand battles... you earn a thick skin and get comfortable with discomfort. Now taking action, even risky action, is second nature to you, and because you've built this mindset, you've earned the freedom of choice.

I guess the moral of this story is really a question to those who are afraid to start. Cast your vision out 30 years into the future. Whatever past you worked so hard to improve on, how does it feel to be back where you started because you let the fear of what might happen stop you from walking a seemingly harder road? How does it feel to have no choice now because you chose a comfortable illusion every single day starting so long ago?
I love your dad!
Hes so similar to me.

Imagine: you go through the jungle on a single trail. You know, there s a way to an old gold treasure. Maybe right or left of the main trail.
You walk through the jungle every day, many people telling you that way and some returning from the treasure with their part of it.
But you don’t find it. Thats me and your dad!

Maybe you can take him by the hand and push him through the jungle at the right place?

Last edited:

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Terribly sad, I hope he finds his way out. He is still young enough, perhaps a few years older than me. This story reminds me of the story posted by @Johnny boy - not sure if it was his grandpa, uncle or dad, who worked until he died, never taking a break from back-breaking work.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
If you hate woke bs, then do NOT watch Peacemaker. It's the worst one yet. Sucks because as a show it has a lot of potential. Even made me laugh within the first minute of the first episode. But after that, they tick every possible cringy woke point imaginable.

- Racism
- Homosexuality
- Toxic Masculinity
- Masks
- Uneducated redneck Americans who you need to feel sorry for because they all grew up poor and were abused by their racist father who spends all day watching Alex Jones
- Nazism
- Feminism
- Diversity

That's the first episode. Damn, all I wanted to do was relax and enjoy a show.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

If you hate woke bs, then do NOT watch Peacemaker. It's the worst one yet. Sucks because as a show it has a lot of potential. Even made me laugh within the first minute of the first episode. But after that, they tick every possible cringy woke point imaginable.

- Racism
- Homosexuality
- Toxic Masculinity
- Masks
- Uneducated redneck Americans who you need to feel sorry for because they all grew up poor and were abused by their racist father who spends all day watching Alex Jones
- Nazism
- Feminism
- Diversity

That's the first episode. Damn, all I wanted to do was relax and enjoy a show.
As someone who grew up around podunk nowhere, Texas, I can assure you this just ain’t how it is in real life.

There are some people like that, but most people aren’t. I hate the way Netflix portrays my state, and the kind of people I grew up around.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
As someone who grew up around podunk nowhere, Texas, I can assure you this just ain’t how it is in real life.

There are some people like that, but most people aren’t. I hate the way Netflix portrays my state, and the kind of people I grew up around
- Racism
- Homosexuality
- Toxic Masculinity
- Masks
- Nazism
- Feminism
- Diversity

Did they forget gun control? Or did they just portray the rednecks as the imbeciles who would own them?

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Terribly sad, I hope he finds his way out. He is still young enough, perhaps a few years older than me. This story reminds me of the story posted by @Johnny boy - not sure if it was his grandpa, uncle or dad, who worked until he died, never taking a break from back-breaking work.
Grandpa who turned 79 recently. And no he’s not dead lol

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Now more than ever it's very important to map out your own destiny and have the courage to think for yourself. Dangerous and uncertain times for sure. So many bad things out there that want to control your mind and body. Fast food, stimulus-response smart phones and social media, corrupt news, corrupt-globalist governments. Crazy.

Probably some of the wisest people in the whole nation. I wish I would have grown up on a farm. Here, you walk outside and you'll see a homeless person defacate out in the open. It's almost as if the forces of evil are trying to take control of any power structure to push schizophrenia(Zuckerberg Metaverse?) LOL.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Now more than ever it's very important to map out your own destiny and have the courage to think for yourself. Dangerous and uncertain times for sure. So many bad things out there that want to control your mind and body. Fast food, stimulus-response smart phones and social media, corrupt news, corrupt-globalist governments. Crazy.

Probably some of the wisest people in the whole nation. I wish I would have grown up on a farm. Here, you walk outside and you'll see a homeless person defacate out in the open. It's almost as if the forces of evil are trying to take control of any power structure to push schizophrenia(Zuckerberg Metaverse?) LOL.

I didn’t grow up on a farm, my little town is actually pretty nice, but we are surrounded by smaller towns (with mostly older people - who are almost all good people). Yes, they love guns, BBQ, and fishing. They also love their families, church, and helping their communities. (Ironically, some of these people actually aren’t religious. There are lots of conservative “rednecks” who don’t go to church.)

Anyway, my family - aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, extends in lots of ways from successful business owners to people who actually did grow up on farms...without electricity.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.