The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

mdot

Always Improve.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
I noticed in the PDF for the TGRRE audiobook: for chapter 102 (industry multiples table), what is read in the book as "Brewers" appears in the PDF as "Freedom Old". I don't have the physical book to crosscheck.

@MJ DeMarco, is it a Mistake or a Fictitious Entry?

(Also later in the list is a misspelling, "Non-Alcholic")

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

th.ri.ll

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Apr 23, 2021
Not sure if this is the 6th or 7th sign of the coming economic apocalypse.
You mean to tell me that there’s more signs than the Robert Kiyosaki & Tony Robbins videos I get every year on my feed telling me that the economy is gonna get destroyed and shit’s going to hit the fan?

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Not sure if this is the 6th or 7th sign of the coming economic apocalypse.

I sometimes wonder if they'll be able to keep kicking this can down the road for a few more years. It seems like they always have some BS solution that does just that.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I used one of the new VR headsets for the first time ever when I was back in Ireland for Christmas.

They are so intense!

I have never used any VR headset before and was blown away at how much more immersive it is than a video game.

My first thoughts were - I would never let myself use one of these for more than a few minutes.
Second thought - kids should be very limited on these.

Maybe I sound old school but I could just feel this thing frying my brain. It's just too much.

It's cool in one way that technology can be on that level but for people who use these for the next 3-5 years (and as they get better), I think it is going to cause a lot of damage. It just feels like massive overstimulation.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
How cool! A short video showing how to create shortcuts for phrases you might use a lot on your phone. It works for my iPhone. I don’t know about Android.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
I used one of the new VR headsets for the first time ever when I was back in Ireland for Christmas.

They are so intense!

I have never used any VR headset before and was blown away at how much more immersive it is than a video game.

My first thoughts were - I would never let myself use one of these for more than a few minutes.

Maybe I sound old school but I could just feel this thing frying my brain. It's just too much.

It's cool in one way that technology can be on that level but for people who use these for the next 3-5 years (and as they get better), I think it is going to cause a lot of damage. It just feels like massive overstimulation.
I tried one at a tech conference with my high school back in 2016. It took us on a rollercoaster. It was very immersive.

Easy to see how dangerous it could be.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

MA81

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Jan 22, 2013

They are so intense!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_56VwziodY

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Theres a member on here who provides a service forming LLCs in the U.S. for mobile entrepeneurs. Can't remember their name though, anyone know who im referring to?
I actually just set up mine through firstbase.io. So far I only have good things to say about the process (not affiliated with them by any means)

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
In Denmark it counts as a COVID death if you die within 30 days after testing positive for COVID.

In the last 30 days a whopping of 7 % of the entire population of Denmark have managed to produce a positive COVID test. So if any of these 414,000 people unfortunately dies (for whatever reason) it will count as a COVID death.

With 147 regular mortalities (pre-covid) a day in Denmark we would statistically already expect that around 10 out of these 414,000 people would pass away each month.

In the last 30 days there has been an average of 13 COVID deaths a day. Teoretically this means that 10 out of 13 COVID (statistically) are just regular deaths (in people who happened to test positive for COVID in the last 30 days). This means that only 2 % of all daily deaths in Denmark is actually due to COVID.

Is my math totally off here? I seriously hope so. Otherwise, I am going to be even more mad that we are totally destroying our own economy, bankrupting SME business and the whole service industry, ruining our kids mental health and spending the equivalent of 150 million USD a month on sticking things up in people's noses. Some heads needs to roll when this shit is over (hopefully it ends one day, right?)

And sorry to hear about some of you struggling with COVID in here. Wish you all a speedy recovery and hope you will get back to normal soon. This rant was not meant to undermine what you all are going through - this was just a shocking revelation I just had on a Sunday evening.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
How it went:
Doorbell rings. Dog barks. Wakes 8 month old son up. Everyone’s pissed off.

I open the door…

Them: “Hello! Have you heard of (insert republicrat) for congress?”

Me: Not wanting to dive deep into Rothbardian theory with low IQ useful idiots: “Yeah, I’ve heard all of his “accolades” I’ll show up for him. Have a nice day.”

Closes door… Sighs under breath: “F*ck”

:rofl:

How I want my Hollywood biography to portray it:

Doorbell rings. Dog barks. Wakes 8 month old son up. Everyone’s pissed off.

I open the door…

Them: “Hello! Have you heard of (insert republicrat) for congress?”

Me: “Get off my property and out of my gated country club neighborhood you couple of commies before I get my AR.”

Them: “But we aren’t commies! We are Trump voters!!! MAGA!!! This sounds like a “red flag!!!” Your AR better not have a bump stock!! You don’t have to fear cops if you don’t do anything wrong!! More tariffs and stimmys!!! Fluoride in the water is awesome!!! MAGA! Nationalize big tech!! 40% taxes are totally fine!! Let’s go Brandon!!! MAGAAAAA!!”

Me: You’re commies.
DEFF9005-B3F2-4684-9A38-FF0A811FDD42.gif

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I am about to attempt walking 1km from the local oxxo back home, carrying a 20L water jug in each hand. Wish me luck.
So I pushed it back to tonight, ended up getting busy with the kids yesterday and they stopped my plans. I am so thankful for that because it was the middle of the day in sunny 32C temperatures.

I did it tonight and to say how much I underestimated how difficult this was is hard to put into words. I am fairly fit, but this whole planning for moving and then actually moving to mexico has made me a lazy fat bastard who has not worked out in close to three months (writing that hurts).

I think I want to make this a regular adventure every time I need the water. My forearms are just fried.

2dads

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 27, 2021
BRISBANE, Australia
Had my first infrared sauna and float over the weekend.

infrared sauna = great will work this into my personal care plan - nice and relaxing.

Float, oh this was "odd" - ready a post here saying push through the first and after your 3rd visit you will be hooked, I did not like the lights of and no noise (which is making me think about why I am not comfortable with this) - so for 50% had lights on in the tank. Felt great afterwards but very uneasy and anxious about my feelings from the "no lights and noise expirence"

Got 2 more free floats from a family member, I will evaluate if this will be put into my care plan after a few more floats.

Love having money to be able to look after myself and using this as a driving force to keep with going Fast lane and not revert to slow lane.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

infrared sauna = great will work this into my personal care plan - nice and relaxing.

Float, oh this was "odd" - ready a post here saying push through the first and after your 3rd visit you will be hooked, I did not like the lights of and no noise (which is making me think about why I am not comfortable with this) - so for 50% had lights on in the tank. Felt great afterwards but very uneasy and anxious about my feelings from the "no lights and noise expirence"

Got 2 more free floats from a family member, I will evaluate if this will be put into my care plan after a few more floats.

Love having money to be able to look after myself and using this as a driving force to keep with going Fast lane and not revert to slow lane.
Haven’t done either of those. But did want to do the float a few times. Always something in the way. I’m still going to try it. It sounds like something I’d want to experience.

2dads

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 27, 2021
BRISBANE, Australia
The cost was always something I thought would be not worth it, however my local area has a few options and I relize you pay for what you get - like massages, good shoes etc -

Get into it mate :)

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
The cost was always something I thought would be not worth it, however my local area has a few options and I relize you pay for what you get - like massages, good shoes etc -

Get into it mate :)
Cost is not an issue for me. It’s always been something else. Like my kid got sick, business deal had something urgent etc.

It’s on my list! I’ll report back when I try it.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Dexter... God damn it.

View attachment 41497

I thought it was much better than the season 8 finale as far as endings go.
It could have been better, but overall it was good in comparison.
Apparently, they might do another season, I won't spoil it for others that haven't seen it, but based on the ending, I think it would be best to just leave it at that.

I don't want to see another season.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I thought it was much better than the season 8 finale as far as endings go.
It could have been better, but overall it was good in comparison.
Apparently, they might do another season, I won't spoil it for others that haven't seen it, but based on the ending, I think it would be best to just leave it at that.

I don't want to see another season.

I'm not sure if it was better or worse. In context, I think it might be worse considering the reason they brought the show back was to fix the Season 8 ending. This season was awesome for the most part despite some plot holes and flaws. I'm disappointed with the final episode though. Too many things just didn't make sense. Ultimately, it felt rushed, and I came away frustrated. Oh well, that's the modern standard.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I'm not sure if it was better or worse. In context, I think it might be worse considering the reason they brought the show back was to fix the Season 8 ending. This season was awesome for the most part despite some plot holes and flaws. I'm disappointed with the final episode though. Too many things just didn't make sense. Ultimately, it felt rushed, and I came away frustrated. Oh well, that's the modern standard.

One thing that really pissed me off was how they set up this big confrontation between bautista and Dexter.

I was pumped, and it legit never happened.

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
One thing that really pissed me off was how they set up this big confrontation between bautista and Dexter.

I was pumped, and it legit never happened.
This.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Cost is not an issue for me. It’s always been something else. Like my kid got sick, business deal had something urgent etc.

It’s on my list! I’ll report back when I try it.
I occasionally do the float followed by massage combination. Awesome.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
FYI: The vax posts/comments were moved to the VAX thread.

They are on my "disliked" list only second behind politicians.

I own a private infrared sauna, if you have the space in your home, they are nice investments. You can get them for a few thousand dollars, you only need to upgrade your electrical connection to a bigger voltage. It's also a great time to schedule "me time" whether it be meditation, reading, or quiet time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.