The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Guys, besides for service, why do we need the sales side of dealerships? At least for exotics? Sure, we can have a showroom, but why do we need sales reps? In my personal opinion, all you need is someone that can coordinate test drives.

If I'm buying say a Ferrari, I want to go to ferrari.com, I want to choose my model, I want to spec the hell out of it, I want to see the pricing, I want to see financing available through banks or 3rd parties if I'm not paying cash, I want to click checkout, then I want to see a tracker that will email me updates every once in a while based on production milestones. Then, once the car is ready, I want it delivered to my gated mansion.

Am I wrong or am I just stupid or do I need to go to bed?

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Guys, besides for service, why do we need the sales side of dealerships? At least for exotics? Sure, we can have a showroom, but why do we need sales reps? In my personal opinion, all you need is someone that can coordinate test drives.

If I'm buying say a Ferrari, I want to go to ferrari.com, I want to choose my model, I want to spec the hell out of it, I want to see the pricing, I want to see financing available through banks or 3rd parties if I'm not paying cash, I want to click checkout, then I want to see a tracker that will email me updates every once in a while based on production milestones. Then, once the car is ready, I want it delivered to my gated mansion.

You can do it with Teslas. Hopefully other car makers will follow suit.

Somewhat related: what if self-driving cars were so advanced they just appeared in front of your home a couple of days after you've ordered them? That'd be so cool.

I ate 24 raw eggs today.
I ate 1 :innocent: :halo:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
As much as I'd like to open a few more eyes (and hearts) this really isn't a discussion for this forum.

I consider it a topic not for debate here, as much as I'm not willing to debate someone's politics. Or why religion is more about control, money, and dogma, not about living a wondrous spiritual life. And yet, funny, how the greatest spiritual advances that occurred in my life didn't come from a multimillion dollar church decorated in marble or some book interpreted 1,302 times in 15 different languages, but when I accepted compassion and love as a concept reserved for all sentient beings.
Well MJ, I believe that once folks start breaking through the SCRIPT of wealth through your books and others, they'll start having more questions and will seek more answers.

Many of the greatest spiritual reformations have come from one's personal reflections and journeys (see Martin Luther, Muhammad, Buddha, Jesus, etc), and almost never from a monolith of a marbled building. In fact, probably all the spiritual greats have openly detested opening grand buildings or massive superstar conventions everywhere...such things just weren't the ways to heal a broken world.

On love, it reminds me of this quote:
'Love is patient and kind, never jealous, boastful, proud, or rude. Love isn't selfish or quick tempered. It doesn't keep a record of wrongs that others do. Love rejoices in the truth, but not in evil. Love is always supportive, loyal, hopeful, and trusting.'

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Well MJ, I believe that once folks start breaking through the SCRIPT of wealth through your books and others, they'll start having more questions and will seek more answers.

Many of the greatest spiritual reformations have come from one's personal reflections and journeys (see Martin Luther, Muhammad, Buddha, Jesus, etc), and almost never from a monolith of a marbled building. In fact, probably all the spiritual greats have openly detested opening grand buildings or massive superstar conventions everywhere...such things just weren't the ways to heal a broken world.

On love, it reminds me of this quote:
'Love is patient and kind, never jealous, boastful, proud, or rude. Love isn't selfish or quick tempered. It doesn't keep a record of wrongs that others do. Love rejoices in the truth, but not in evil. Love is always supportive, loyal, hopeful, and trusting.'

Speaking of big fancy buildings and such...

This one's pretty hilarious

Business idea, start a religion ! :clench: Just remember to bet on Red, it never loses, trust!

Mario_fastlaner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 1, 2019
Milano
Hey guys, I’m looking for a way to keep myself accountable in the next month because of my university exams, do you think I can open a new thread on this forum even if it not business-related?

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Hey guys, I’m looking for a way to keep myself accountable in the next month because of my university exams, do you think I can open a new thread on this forum even if it not business-related?
You can put your entries in this thread:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Not wrong, Not stupid… Tesla recognized this and said to hell with the bloated nonsense of the traditional dealership model.

It works for them. I bet it would work even better with exotics. Of course, let the super high end, boutique, independent dealerships order direct at some annual volume related discount, but corporate dealerships suck.

I am more interested in what you’re buying!?!

Last edited:
D

Deleted78083

Imagine coming to a website founded by a guy who wrote a book about how the system exists to lie to you and screw you over, only to shill mainstream health lies.
I don't think any of us has it entirely figured out. But yeah I agree with you lol I need to bite my tongue until I bleed not to say anything every time I see veganism praised. Fortunately, this is a forum about entrepreneurship, so I try to focus on that. Similarly, I wanted to write a long essay on that thread about a possible military coup in France...but it has nothing to do with business, so no. #learningtoknowwhentospeakandwhennottospeak
I've always thought it ties into how you are raised, and how much you are told things. Religion is a great study to look into, the amount of gods and different beliefs is eye opening.

View attachment 37787
Not to get into a discussion on this, it's just interesting to see.

This is the solution to the worlds problems right here

View attachment 37788

Check out the realistic conflict theory and the Robbers Cave experiment. IMO it's the most likely reason for wars and conflicts in general, both between nations, and people.

We know since Darwin that all life, after all, is inherently competitive (something some people from certain political orientations have still not understood).

D

Deleted78083

Speaking of big fancy buildings and such...

This one's pretty hilarious

Business idea, start a religion ! :clench: Just remember to bet on Red, it never loses, trust!

People will always be people.

"The problem with people, is that they are inherently humans". - Me.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I don't think any of us has it entirely figured out. But yeah I agree with you lol I need to bite my tongue until I bleed not to say anything every time I see veganism praised. Fortunately, this is a forum about entrepreneurship, so I try to focus on that.

I'm in the same boat. I want to get people results - I don't want to just run my mouth. I also think that cyclical / dynamic nutrition (4 weeks keto, 1 week vegetarian, 3 weeks paleo - that idea, not that specific order) is likely superior to eating the same stuff all of the time. Nutrition to me is a means, not an end in itself.

I will say this on being a vegetarian permanently - the 20 lbs of muscle that I've added over the last 2 years started right after I switched from being vegetarian (I was one for 2 years) to eating 80%+ meat.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Check out the realistic conflict theory and the Robbers Cave experiment. IMO it's the most likely reason for wars and conflicts in general, both between nations, and people.

We know since Darwin that all life, after all, is inherently competitive (something some people from certain political orientations have still not understood).

It goes back farther than that. Heraclitus said 2,500 years ago that "war is the father of all things." The Bhagavad Gita, a great book of Hinduism which is as ancient as Heraclitus, is a religious justification for war - the main character Arjuna is struggling with the fact that he must fight and kill honorable men, and Krishna, a Hindu deity, tells them that they are already dead and he needs only bring it about.

D

Deleted78083

(4 weeks keto, 1 week vegetarian, 3 weeks paleo - that idea, not that specific order) is likely superior to eating the same stuff all of the time.

From experience, and from having a look at biology and history, I disagree. Just eat the most nutrient-dense food available and voila.

Been carnivore for 13+ months and only beef and pork since mid-january of this year.

Results?

I am thinking about dropping pork.

started right after I switched from being vegetarian (I was one for 2 years) to eating 80%+ meat.

Obviously. Maybe one day people will start to go to the source of the knowledge instead of merely listening to the gatekeepers. While the mainstream media completely lost credibility when it comes to politics, sad to see they still have the monopoly on nutrition beliefs.

I'll stop here. Talking about nutrition is like eating sugar spoons.

It's addictive.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I'll stop here. Talking about nutrition is like eating sugar spoons.

I like to joke that one of the main benefits of religion is that it keeps people from being religious about other things.

D

Deleted78083

I like to joke that one of the main benefits of religion is that it keeps people from being religious about other things.
Jonathan Haidt talked about it. He explained the degree to which someone is religious does not decrease, but transfers to another topic. The idea to "believe in something no matter what" has left the religious bubble to go towards other subjects (business, politics, diet, etc).

In their own ways, influencers and intellectuals kinda play the role priests used to play: telling people what and how to think about events that happen in the world. They give their fans unique names (YouTubers), have a certain philosophy, and people are deeply into it.

Hell, this forum and its ideology function very much like a religion, with its principles, rules, and dogmas to observe.

CENTS is to the fastlane what the 10 commandments is to Christianity.

We're deeply religious creatures.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Jonathan Haidt talked about it. He explained the degree to which someone is religious does not decrease, but transfers to another topic. The idea to "believe in something no matter what" has left the religious bubble to go towards other subjects (business, politics, diet, etc).

In their own ways, influencers and intellectuals kinda play the role priests used to play: telling people what and how to think about events that happen in the world. They give their fans unique names (YouTubers), have a certain philosophy, and people are deeply into it.

Hell, this forum and its ideology function very much like a religion, with its principles, rules, and dogmas to observe.

CENTS is to the fastlane what the 10 commandments is to Christianity.

We're deeply religious creatures.

Eric Hoffer's "True Believer" is a great book on this subject.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Traditional religious beliefes have been supplanted with blind ""belief"" in """"science"""".

Which is why so many people parrot that whatever the media tells me is SCIENCE and NOTHING ELSE.

They don't even know what science is or means, what is the scientific method, and so on. Not like most religious people ever understood religion anyway. Do you think my mom ever read the Bible or Aquinas?

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
#rant

Just looked at a Vancouver company that does ''ethical'' sourcing of products & manufacturing.

View attachment 37789

The factories are in China and other 3rd world countries that use slave labor like Bangladesh, and these guys sell $40 tshirts. Ha!

Pure scum, probably doing millions as I write this! The idea doesn't matter, and even stupid cheesey marketing gimmicks can make you wealthy.

Awesome business model though.
There was a pal of a pal that was making a lot of cash on stolen tshirts designs.
My pal was impressed that the guy was paying 5 figures in taxes alone.

You might ask "so?"

I asked my pal few years later how that guy is doing.
He immediately looked down ,avoiding eye contact and mumbled something
which sounded like he didn't paid taxes and got caught.
Probably there was more to the story but i didn't ask.

"So what?" you might say.

The thing is that people who go a wrong way most of the time keep going the wrong way.
The end of wrong way is either bankruptcy on a good day or a death on a bad one.

That's why i don't drool on such numbers from such people.
Either they live hell or are on their path live one.

If a reader wants some benchmark of how much one can scam until he gets caught
well maybe Madoff can be one - $64 billion dollars until he ruined life for himself and his family, including suicide of his nephew.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I recently considered how bizarre that it is that all eggs that you buy in grocery stores are the same size - you'd think that there would be more variability in sizes.

There is probably some dark store at the bottom of this.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I’m looking for a post or video. I believe it was a post.

@MJ DeMarco wrote it.

It was titled something like “Get A PhD in behavioral economics in 5 minutes” or something similar. Does anyone remember where that was? I can’t find it.

Edit: Nvm, got it

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
I recently considered how bizarre that it is that all eggs that you buy in grocery stores are the same size - you'd think that there would be more variability in sizes.

There is probably some dark store at the bottom of this.
I had an egg farm as a client once, and they gave me a tour. There are egg sorting machines that divide eggs into sizes based on weight. They use uniform-sized eggs for grocery stores and sell the odd sizes to restaurants.

That being said, there's not that much variation between the size of eggs that chickens lay, especially if all your hens are a single breed. My parents keep a few hens. When the hens are very young and first start to lay, their eggs are a bit smaller. After that, the egg size pretty much evens out and stays the same for the rest of the hen's life.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Crazy stuff going on here in Canada, random road side checks for police to question you where you are going... if they don't like your answer, take a $500 ticket. But if you are traveling ''essentially'' it's A-ok

https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/04/30/bc-road-checks-C0VlD-19-travel-ban/

The lawyer business is about to boom!

Really though I don't think anyone even prior to this ''pandemic'' has ever had the right to freely travel anyways. The amount of times I've been pulled over (lol) on a dam bicycle is ridiculous.

Out of all the murders, drug trafficking and whatever else is going on here in Vancouver I'm sure the police have bigger and better things to do than harass people going about their daily lives.

For the non Canadians out there it's illegal for us to leave our ''health zones'' if that makes any sense, meaning you can't go a few cities over for X or Y activity... pretty nuts. So technically it's against the law for me to leave Vancouver!!? :rofl: :rofl:

Florida and Texas afaik I know are open and back to normal... anyone wanna adopt me? I'm a good rice cook.

I've always been proud to be Canadian, but I take it back.

1619820077215.png

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I had an egg farm as a client once, and they gave me a tour. There are egg sorting machines that divide eggs into sizes based on weight. They use uniform-sized eggs for grocery stores and sell the odd sizes to restaurants.

That being said, there's not that much variation between the size of eggs that chickens lay, especially if all your hens are a single breed. My parents keep a few hens. When the hens are very young and first start to lay, their eggs are a bit smaller. After that, the egg size pretty much evens out and stays the same for the rest of the hen's life.

You're in on the chicken conspiracy. TFLF has been compromised.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Had 550mg of caffeine yesterday. Nothing productive throughout the day, felt anxious and jittery with a severe headache until I went to sleep

Energy drink?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Just finished a boxing class and a 10km bike ride with about 4km uphill... going for the triple crown in Vancouver and that seems insane to me, but i'll give it a try sometime...

My body is so beat up, nice to relax in a hot shower :humph:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Food for thought:

You'll never get exactly what you want out of any friendship or romantic relationship. The best you can do is find people who are naturally inclined to become what you're looking for, and to show them the way.

"Companions did the creating one once seek, and children of his hope: and lo, it turned out that he could not find them, except he himself should first create them."

-Thus Spoke Zarathustra

D

Deleted78083

Yesterday I went to a park to chill with some friends. Now I have just gone back from a run with a girl. When I came home, my roommate was cooking, listening to music. She invited some friends over.

I hadn't felt such a "warm" feeling of being with people in a very, very long time.

Guess I'll build the rest of my life making sure no one ever takes one year and a half of my life from me ever again.

Food for thought:

You'll never get exactly what you want out of any friendship or romantic relationship. The best you can do is find people who are naturally inclined to become what you're looking for, and to show them the way.

"Companions did the creating one once seek, and children of his hope: and lo, it turned out that he could not find them, except he himself should first create them."

-Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Amen.

--------------------------------------

1 in 5 electric vehicle owners wants to switch back to a gas-powered car in California (no F*cking way????!!!!)

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts