The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

LordGanon

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jun 22, 2020
Germany
New goal.. hire an employee to do my deliveries.

Minimum wage is $14.60, a part time expense would run me $1,168 (a few hundred sales which I don't have)

Run a business.... not work in it right?
Work on the business, not in it, right.

But may I ask: Why would you need a delivery guy if you don't have the sales to deliver?

Maybe you could come to an understanding with an Uber driver, for example? I'm pretty sure that would save you some money before you'd actually have to hire someone because of the volume.

If the costs for production + delivery exceed customer price, that's...well, you know.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Well I tried hiring for a driving position and noone was happy with $20 hour, (I believe Amazon pays like 17 or 18) they wanted more so I gave up and decided to fulfill my own orders for now, delivery services are quite expensive and would cut my profits, ideally an employee would be optimal with me controlling everything & and a fixed wage.

Companies around here charge $10 or so per item which is more than the value of my product, so no bueno.. and don't feel its fair to charge that amount to customers. Discovering a new problem is always fun, with thousaunds of orders I'm not sure what I would do.. work in progress
Canucks’s must be spoiled lol. My rookie driver is making $18/hr and the job requires lots of heavy lifting. He’s ex-military and grateful for the opportunity.

I agree with Kak, you’ll figure it out. Like sales it’s a numbers game. You’ll find the right people in time and numbers. Trial and error. Hiring good people is hard and you’ll lose a lot before you gain. Hiring is a skill like everything else.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA

But may I ask: Why would you need a delivery guy if you don't have the sales to deliver?

Maybe you could come to an understanding with an Uber driver, for example? I'm pretty sure that would save you some money before you'd actually have to hire someone because of the volume.

If the costs for production + delivery exceed customer price, that's...well, you know.
A courier can make sense in some instances. It’s $65/hr to have my truck on the road. I’ve used couriers for delivery to me when it doesn’t make sense to have one of my drivers pick up. It’s $50 vs $130 just in road time.

All of this is good food for thought @sparechange

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

I don't want to spend my day going around dropping off my products to customers homes, funny story I talked with an Uber driver delivering food and asked him if he wanted to make a bit of extra money, first thing he asked me was the pay.. lol, so I said $20 and he laughed saying he makes over $30 apparently... tough world out there ^_^

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
View attachment 35700

source (I wish it was fake): View: https://twitter.com/SAPoliceNews/status/1328946386071654408

This is so ridiculous that I just can't believe the world we live in. For six days, dogs in South Australia will need to piss and shit in the apartments of their owners. Unless you go to the supermarket, then once a day your dog can leave (what a ridiculous loophole). So generous!

I pity intelligent Australians who need to co-exist with people like Andrea who's delighted to be a prisoner for the sake of "safety."

@Timmy C I guess you're not surprised by that...

Simultaneously calling her husband stupid over social media and ratting him out to the police.

Andrea is a traitor.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Food for thought regarding politics:

You should discuss politics with your close friends / business partners / family.

Why? Because you need to get that risk out of the way.

Imagine having a 3 year business relationship disintegrate because you and your partner has different answers to the T***p question.

Same idea with a fiance. Or anyone who you're close to. You're building a relationship on a house of cards if you gloss over that detail, because it seems like there are fewer and fewer people who have neutral opinions on it. It is a huge risk to not address that issue early.

(Obviously don't bother acquaintances or casual relationships with politics; and dodge that nonsense like Muhammad Ali if one of them bothers you with it.)

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Healthcare is a mess, as everyone can probably attest.

What’s frustrating me today is that I have a simple question for my doctor, but I can’t talk to him or ask him anything without making an appointment, waiting to fit into his schedule, and paying $$. It’s a simple yes or no question about prescriptions he made.

There’s got to be a better way to handle this.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA

What’s frustrating me today is that I have a simple question for my doctor, but I can’t talk to him or ask him anything without making an appointment, waiting to fit into his schedule, and paying $$. It’s a simple yes or no question about prescriptions he made.

For sure. Back in the early summer I had a simple question for my youngest son’s pediatrician. It should have been a 2 minute phone call, but she insisted that he been seen in her office. Why? Because the state is bankrupting everyone with its authoritarian bullshit.

Still pissed me off though. If she wasn’t an absolutely outstanding doctor I would have moved on that day.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Here’s some government brilliance at its best:

So the state shuts down “non-essential” businesses, leaving box stores open because they sell “essentials.” But now the state is upset because the box stores are still selling “non-essential” goods, which is unfair to the small, “non-essential” businesses.

What????

Who created the problem? The box store?

These morons are unbelievable. Our “leaders.”

:rofl:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Here’s some government brilliance at its best:

So the state shuts down “non-essential” businesses, leaving box stores open because they sell “essentials.” But now the state is upset because the box stores are still selling “non-essential” goods, which is unfair to the small, “non-essential” businesses.

What????

Who created the problem? The box store?

These morons are unbelievable. Our “leaders.”

:rofl:
Statists lemmings calling politicians "our leaders" is one of my pet peeves.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Statists lemmings calling politicians "our leaders" is one of my pet peeves.

Great episode.

Public service is dead. The whole thing about being a constitutional republic is just that. A republic.

Republic (noun): a state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch.

Yeah that sounds like what this country is today.

:rage:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Can anyone recommenced a good E-Bike brand?

What's the Honda of e-bikes?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I assume that someone in this thread needs to hear this quote, so here's my favorite section from The Fish That Ate the Whale: The Life and Times of America's Banana King:

"The greatness of Zamurray lies in the fact that he never lost faith in his ability to salvage a situation. Bad things happened to him, as bad things happen to everyone. But unlike so many, he was never tempted by failure. He never felt powerless or trapped. He was, as I said, an optimist. He stood in constant defiance. When the secretary of state teamed up with JP Morgan and the Honduran government in a way contrary to Zemurray's interests, he simply changed the Honduran government. When United Fruit drew a line at the Utila River and said 'you shall not cross', he crossed anyway. When he was forbidden to build a bridge, he built a bridge but called it something else. For every move, there is a countermove. For every disaster, there is a recovery. He never lost faith in his own agency. With his fortune fast diminishing, it was time to act."

SkyLake

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Nov 29, 2016
It's getting very tiring to constantly hear "More Americans died from C0VlD-19 than the Vietnam War" or "C0VlD-19 is like 80 9/11s".

The median age of C0VlD-19 deaths is higher than 80. These people were at the end of their lives.

Those who died in Vietnam or in the Civil war were mostly in their 20s, with their whole life ahead of them.

Such F*cking bullshit to constantly hear this. Yes the pandemic is real, yes we should all wear masks and be more hygienic so we don't infect old or people at risk. It's baffling that this country couldn't just take care of certain people instead of F*cking over everyone.

Cyberthal

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Apr 14, 2020
Shenzhen
> yes we should all wear masks

I've read of significant side effects of continuous mask use, such as terrible breath and dental problems, facial infection, etc.

Makes sense that it would be like getting swamp foot or swamp crotch from poor hygiene.

I only wear a comfy neck gaiter and only when there's transmission risk. No swamp face for me.

Lockdowns are simply evil, unless justified by Wuhan-level threat, which has long since abated.

Crash the economy, buy up the assets, and lock in political control. Like shooting someone in the head to steal his wallet... and house and girlfriend.

Never seen a single person wear a gaiter for COVID19. Which, more than anything, explains to me why it's been such a bungle from start to finish. The world looks intelligent only thanks to scaled systems supported by syntropic incentives, such as capitalism and war. Little incentive exists to rationalize response to COVID19, since it mostly kills off economic dead weight. Planet of the Apes.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

ThE vIrUs CaN't Be SeEn. EvErY bOdY fReAkS oUt.

Cco30zi.gif

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
It's getting very tiring to constantly hear "More Americans died from C0VlD-19 than the Vietnam War" or "C0VlD-19 is like 80 9/11s".

The median age of C0VlD-19 deaths is higher than 80. These people were at the end of their lives.

Those who died in Vietnam or in the Civil war were mostly in their 20s, with their whole life ahead of them.

Such f*cking bullshit to constantly hear this. Yes the pandemic is real, yes we should all wear masks and be more hygienic so we don't infect old or people at risk. It's baffling that this country couldn't just take care of certain people instead of f*cking over everyone.

Tell them that covid is about as deadly as driving a car.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
OK I have been working on a little side project.... Just an experiment.

I have now counted the last 20 drivers that have done something super timid, pulled out in front of me, drove 10 miles per hour under the speed limit, couldn't keep their car in the lane... Basically any utter stupidity you might see driving on a daily basis...

Get this... 12 of them were wearing masks, in their car, alone. 4 were wearing masks with other people in the car.

Either, the mindless stupidity that is required to wear a mask in your car is the same stupidity that makes them an irritating driver or they are starved for oxygen.

Virtue signaling alone for the win!

wearing-mask-while-driving-ralph-wiggum.jpg

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Wow. A third.

That will be a housing market crash so hard... I wonder how much money the fed will print to keep the banks "in business."

We are setting the stage for the zombie apocalypse... The real zombies are businesses. Companies staving off death with more and more debt. Consumers staving off bankruptcy, eviction, and foreclosure with more and more debt/liabilities.

The "this is just how it works" syndrome is so bad right now. "When the tide goes out, you see who was swimming naked."

Last edited:

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Ill admit I'm horrible with this, but got a small easy trick to help with productivity.

Before you goto sleep, write down the things you need to achieve for the following day, and like Nike..

Nike-JustDoIt-560.jpg

Hope that helps with all you lazy slackers out there, I see you lurking!

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

Yeah. For starters, get a better doctor. That's terrible.

Mine has an assistant to handle patient requests like this. You just leave her a message. Sometimes they don't get back to me until the next day, especially if I call after 2 and it isn't an emergency, but at least there's a mechanism.

That will be a housing market crash so hard... I wonder how much money the fed will print to keep the banks "in business."

Today, I started looking into the establishing my HELOC (home equity line of credit). I closed my last one after my divorce, and just hadn't gotten around to reopening it.

I expected a quick 20 minute phone call to start the process. Nope. I was surprised how hard it is now. All the big banks here refuse to take an application.

The little credit union that gave me my last one won't lend in AZ now.

Another credit union I did a mortgage with now want $700 to establish one. PLUS the appraisal cost.

To put it in perspective, they didn't stop giving HELOCs when Lehman Bros and Wamu and Merrill Lynch went under.

Clearly the banks are expecting it big time. And Janet Yellen will be in treasury.

Brace. For. Impact.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!