The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Sander

When in doubt, dare.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Mar 19, 2014

Sizemore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jul 21, 2019
@MJ DeMarco I love the forum, thank you for your service.

Question for you or anyone. Is there a way to distinguish between a person like you (a fastlane success) and a person like me (person hustling to exit 9-5 and still early in my journey) and different levels in between?

Just curious if there is a system in place already. Obviously, while all contributors are here to discuss, learn, and share the CENTS framework... not all advice is deserving of the same weighted value!

Thanks again!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Question for you or anyone. Is there a way to distinguish between a person like you (a fastlane success) and a person like me (person hustling to exit 9-5 and still early in my journey) and different levels in between?

When it comes to the forum, all opinions deserve to be heard, but some more than others. At the moment, the forum "rep system" is offline, but a good measure of someone's "reputation" here at the forum is the # of trophy points they've received, which can be found in their post bit. Typically their "real life" success and this number has a strong correlation, at least for members who've been here a while with an extensive post history.

I hope to have this system more easily discerned in the coming months.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

elijahfry

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jul 26, 2019
Troy, Michigan
When it comes to the forum, all opinions deserve to be heard, but some more than others. At the moment, the forum "rep system" is offline, but a good measure of someone's "reputation" here at the forum is the # of trophy points they've received, which can be found in their post bit. Typically their "real life" success and this number has a strong correlation, at least for members who've been here a while with an extensive post history.

I hope to have this system more easily discerned in the coming months.

View attachment 26303
Ah nice, I was wondering about that

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
But actually I've researched this. It's way cool. You can get the shipping containers for $2000 each, and there are some really cool things you can do with them.

View attachment 26434View attachment 26435View attachment 26436

I think it's an awesomely innovative use of existing resources.

I just watched all 4 videos in this series last night. It does not make me want to build a container house. Seems like alot more hassle than building a regular home and more expensive.

View: https://youtu.be/QA5fh29rhLs

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States

NVaz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 24, 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
Just found this on Linkedin.

View attachment 1507940147251-drlcss.mp4

"Above illustration suggests that ups and downs of life make us progress faster...

It also shows that:

# Success is because we never give up, not because we never fail.

# It's the deeper down that makes it faster, not the ups.

# The shortest distance is not always the fastest"

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
THIS IS WORTH EVERY SECOND OF YOUR TIME IF YOU ARE STRESSED!!!

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Thought I would share this for the older gents out there in case it might help you or someone you love.

For the past couple of years I have had to deal with BPH, which is an enlarged prostrate. It's one of those things that seem to affect many males, the older they get.
1 in 12 ages 31-40
1 in 2 ages 50-61

But it can happen at any age.
I found myself getting up two or three times a night, and during the day, if I had to go, I had to find a restroom quick.
My urologist told me about a fairly new procedure that was performed in about 30 minutes with minimal invasiveness. Urolift
I decided to get the procedure done.

Plain and simple-It changed my life.

No more getting up 2 or 3 times at night. No more needing to scope out a restroom. No more feeling like I still needed to go after I'd gone..
NO MORE MEDICINE!
None.
And I walked right out of the office and that afternoon, went back in to work.
Best thing I've ever done. Like my urologists said, "these guys should receive the Nobel Peace prize in medicine" because this procedure is literally transforming men's lives.
In fact, I'm waiting for an opportunity to invest in their stock because I am sold on the product and their procedure.

BTW, I am not affiliated nor do I receive any compensation from this company.

If this helps even one individual out there, it is worth it.
Any questions, feel free to PM me.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Thought I would share this for the older gents out there in case it might help you or someone you love.

For the past couple of years I have had to deal with BPH, which is an enlarged prostrate. It's one of those things that seem to affect many males, the older they get.
1 in 12 ages 31-40
1 in 2 ages 50-61

But it can happen at any age.
I found myself getting up two or three times a night, and during the day, if I had to go, I had to find a restroom quick.
My urologist told me about a fairly new procedure that was performed in about 30 minutes with minimal invasiveness. Urolift
I decided to get the procedure done.

Plain and simple-It changed my life.

No more getting up 2 or 3 times at night. No more needing to scope out a restroom. No more feeling like I still needed to go after I'd gone..
NO MORE MEDICINE!
None.
And I walked right out of the office and that afternoon, went back in to work.
Best thing I've ever done. Like my urologists said, "these guys should receive the Nobel Peace prize in medicine" because this procedure is literally transforming men's lives.
In fact, I'm waiting for an opportunity to invest in their stock because I am sold on the product and their procedure.

BTW, I am not affiliated nor do I receive any compensation from this company.

If this helps even one individual out there, it is worth it.
Any questions, feel free to PM me.

That's awesome!

I'm glad it worked out for you. I don't have an enlarged prostate, but if I ever do, I'll be a lot less worried now.

illmasterj

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jan 19, 2016
1360m
Does anyone know of a business model that makes referrals/introductions/generates leads for other businesses, and takes a commission in exchange?

I am sure there must be lots of these, especially on the internet but I am curious if there are any great examples, especially in an offline scenario.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Does anyone know of a business model that makes referrals/introductions/generates leads for other businesses, and takes a commission in exchange?

I am sure there must be lots of these, especially on the internet but I am curious if there are any great examples, especially in an offline scenario.

Sounds like a simple lead generation model, what I did years ago.

illmasterj

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jan 19, 2016
1360m
Sounds like a simple lead generation model, what I did years ago.
Thanks MJ - were you taking payment back then? Or simply sending your partners a lead and taking a commission if the customer booked the car?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@lowtek

Thoughts on the Epstein supposed suicide?

were you taking payment back then? Or simply sending your partners a lead and taking a commission if the customer booked the car?

No, a took a lead fee. Then charged monthly for the accumulation.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
@lowtek

Thoughts on the Epstein supposed suicide?

No, a took a lead fee. Then charged monthly for the accumulation.

I'm of two minds:

I think it was either a murder, or it's a cover to slip him into a new identity. I don't believe the suicide story. As George Carlin once said, I have a few very simple rules I live by, and one of them is that I don't believe anything the government tells me.

On the one hand, if I'm an ultra elite with something to hide, then I know that dead men tell no tales. That's a strong motivation to have him killed. But, we can't ignore the timing. They just released part of the docs from the earlier 2008 case, with more to follow, so it seems like the window on killing him to contain the fallout has passed.

On the other, it's just a little too convenient. We even got a shot of his supposed face. Just too perfect, and I can't imagine that happening with your garden variety high profile death. It would be a great set up for a slide into witness protection. It was rumored that he was an intelligence asset (Mossad, perhaps), and it was known that he had dirt on everything from Hollywood celebrities up to the royal family, so he has quite a bit of value alive and no doubt quite a few favors owed.

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I'm of two minds:

I think it was either a murder, or it's a cover to slip him into a new identity. I don't believe the suicide story. As George Carlin once said, I have a few very simple rules I live by, and one of them is that I don't believe anything the government tells me.

On the one hand, if I'm an ultra elite with something to hide, then I know that dead men tell no tales. That's a strong motivation to have him killed. But, we can't ignore the timing. They just released part of the docs from the earlier 2008 case, with more to follow, so it seems like the window on killing him to contain the fallout has passed.

On the other, it's just a little too convenient. We even got a shot of his supposed face. Just too perfect, and I can't imagine that happening with your garden variety high profile death. It would be a great set up for a slide into witness protection. It was rumored that he was an intelligence asset (Mossad, perhaps), and it was known that he had dirt on everything from Hollywood celebrities up to the royal family, so he has quite a bit of value alive and no doubt quite a few favors owed.

Being a cover would be wild, would they have to have him in live in another country to give him a new identity?

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I'm of two minds:

:rofl:

Also keep in mind, he did attempt suicide 3 weeks ago and was out on watch. This could imply A) it was real or B) he was in on it and has been planning it for a while.

It's not hard for someone that wealthy to pull some strings.

Don't worry... we'll never know because by tonight he'll be accidentally cremated.

Last edited:

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
View attachment 26517

:rofl:

Also keep in mind, he did attempt suicide 3 weeks ago and was out on watch. This could imply A) it was real or B) he was in on it and has been planning it for a while.

It's not hard for someone that wealthy to pull some strings.

Don't worry... we'll never know because by tonight he'll be accidentally cremated.

It's being reported (alt news outlets, for whatever that's worth to you) that he claimed he didn't attempt suicide, he was assaulted.

Even if it were murder, it could have been as "simple" as some gang banger trying to earn his stripes. Nobody likes sexual predators, least of all other prisoners.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
It's being reported (alt news outlets, for whatever that's worth to you) that he claimed he didn't attempt suicide, he was assaulted.

Even if it were murder, it could have been as "simple" as some gang banger trying to earn his stripes. Nobody likes sexual predators, least of all other prisoners.
Well I mean look at El Chapo's escape. They F*cking dug a tunnel straight into his cell and got him out LOL. They literally build an underground tunnel and gave him a motorcycle. And that was the second escape. The first escape he just jumped into a laundry bin (with the help of like... 50% of the prison staff.)

Money buys a lot of help. Epstein could have easily afforded to set this whole thing up.

But I don't know... whenever there's a high-profile death of someone embroiled in a political controversy, my first thought is murder conspiracy.

I'm expected to believe that Kennedy was killed by some lone Commie and Princess Diana was killed by paparazzi? Especially with all the stuff she was wrapped up in. I mean there were FOURTEEN cameras in the tunnel where Princess Diana died, all of which were 'malfunctioning' or pointed the wrong way. I'm not one that's big on conspiracy theories, but come on.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So sad that a prominent mathematician could so easily ignore probability...

View: https://twitter.com/nntaleb/status/1160183311991529472

What's the probability of incompetence?
-- Authorities take him off suicide watch
-- No one in authority determines this is a bad idea
-- Guard happens to be on break and/or not watching
-- Camera just happens to be malfunctioning
-- Epstein notices
-- Epstein finds material to accommodate his suicide
-- Epstein actually succeeds (most suicide attempts fail)
-- Epstein is not revived or caught during the process.

Or, what's the probability that one person in authority pulled a few strings and had him put in witness protection? Or killed to save those in power?

Far as I'm concerned, "incompetence" is more of the long shot, in other words, a lot more coincidental strings need to occur rather orchestrated strings coming from the strings of power.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
What do you guys think of this from a business perspective: I bought tires for my mercedes from TireRack... brought them to the tire shop to have them put on, like i always do, and the guy says "I'll have to look at them" he looked and said "they're new... we can't put them on" i'm thinking "are you serious" and he goes "yea, we'll only pout on tires that were purchased here"

mind you, i always do this and I've never had an issue.

if this was your business, would you do the same?

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
What do you guys think of this from a business perspective: I bought tires for my mercedes from TireRack... brought them to the tire shop to have them put on, like i always do, and the guy says "I'll have to look at them" he looked and said "they're new... we can't put them on" i'm thinking "are you serious" and he goes "yea, we'll only pout on tires that were purchased here"

mind you, i always do this and I've never had an issue.

if this was your business, would you do the same?

Are you serious?

It's like eating food you brought from home in a restaurant. Or buying drinks in a nightshop and drinking them at the pub.
Selling tires is probably what they get most profit from.

So when some douchy dude comes with his douchy 'cedes and asks them to put his own brought tires on (douche alert x 10000) to save money (why else?), make no mistake, you're being a douchebag and they have every right to reject you. Because they know your lifetime value is below zero. You will just never buy tires from them, but rather buy them on the internet to save a few bucks.

For your Mercedes, smh.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
A) I've been doing this my whole life, and I've never seen a place refuse to do it. It was just this one specific new shop. You just pay $150 to get them mounted and balanced. So no it's not like going to a restaurant with your own food... it's more like going to a restaurant with a bottle of water that you prefer to theirs, not ordering drinks, and still ordering food. And asking 'what's your policy on bottled water.' I didn't ask them to mount it for free, I asked them for a price to mount it.

The next shop I called, said they'd do it. Which is the policy of most shops. It was only this one specific new shop.

B) it's not just for savings (although that's part)

Tire rack had a very sophisticated rating system, and often these shops don't carry the best tires

I can't research the tires there, and I'm stuck taking the salesperson's word. I have no idea if he's telling the truth, of if they're just trying to get rid on one specific tire that might be shit, but has a higher margin (a likely scenario.) Furthermore with German cars the front and rear tires are often different, and it's usually a hassle having them in stock.

There is no possible way in hell I'd buy from a local shop with all the benefits of TireRack.

And I'm not asking about the ethical implications of this. I'm asking if people think this is good business or not. Their policy made me think 'well I'll never buy from them,' and even if I was going to buy from a local shop (i have a few times) it will be from the second guys.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.