The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
There is a lot of speculation about the future of Deep Fakes and what it will mean once you will be able to fabricate any person into any video.

But lets see a bright side for a moment.

Imagine your beloved actor or actress having to do some death-threatening stunts.
No problem! Thanks to deep fakes we can put anyones face onto any stunt performer.

Watch this: View: https://twitter.com/AllanXia/status/1168049059413643265

Wow, that's is truly awesome and scary wrapped up into one package.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
I'm thinking of getting into woodworking as a hobby as I just acquired a large garage and workshop ... anyone here (@broswoodwork !!) know what type of tool brands are good? Ones I should avoid?

Ryobi, Husky, Makita, Milwaukee, Dewalt?

I'm a total newb in this area. What's the Ferrari of tools?

The junk?
It occurred to me I didn't mention Festool.

I don't use them, well, because they're the Ferrari. I was debating whether to bother you with this add on to my response, but you've given us so much that I'd be remiss to not mention them.

They are expensive. They're usually the best in some particular category, and never the worst in any category. They even make tools that no other company makes a comparable equivalent for (domino joiner... thing is F*cking amazing), so having a wall of those will make you the envy of any other hobbyist (or pro) who stops by.

It'll be taking music lessons on a Stradivarius!

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
An arrest report mentioned that the suspect may have been under the influence of alcohol.

:rofl:

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Tagging @RazorCut who's amazingly talented.

Thanks for the tag.

I own a lot of Festool kit but also have pretty much all the major quality brands. Makita, Milwaukee, Dewalt, Hitachi, Bosch, Bostich.

A lot of great US brands for woodworking. Don’t think you can go wrong with Milwaukee or Dewalt or Makita if you want an overseas product.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Low budget, indie video-game makers from Kickstarter get their character featured in Smash Bros

This is way cool... to just create some game in your basement and then have Nintendo feature it? That's basically superstardom. Shows you dont need a big budget to create something people love. Apparently they used pretty basic software to create it too.

Last edited:

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Does anyone have the Consumer Reports Buyers Guide? And if so, which is the best standby generator lol

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
For home standby generators with CR rating

Small home:
Champion 100174 94
Generac Guardian 7030 92
Winco PSS8B 92
Kohler 8RESV 90

Large home:
Champion 100174 94
Generac Guardian 7030 92
Winco PSS8B 92
Kohler 8RESV 90

All the above are CR recommended.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

Small home:
Champion 100174 94
Generac Guardian 7030 92
Winco PSS8B 92
Kohler 8RESV 90

Large home:
Champion 100174 94
Generac Guardian 7030 92
Winco PSS8B 92
Kohler 8RESV 90

Thanks brother!

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

Small home:
Champion 100174 94
Generac Guardian 7030 92
Winco PSS8B 92
Kohler 8RESV 90

Large home:
Champion 100174 94
Generac Guardian 7030 92
Winco PSS8B 92
Kohler 8RESV 90

I was at the library and some old man (~75) drove all the way from New York to get a copy of Consumer Reports to find out the best generator for his home because they didnt have a copy at his library. The liberians went crazy trying to find it (he was looking for the Feb issue of the mag,) but finally found the list of generators in the Buyers Guide. He was so happy and waddled over to the photocopier but had all sorts of trouble figuring it out. The library attendant helped him, but by the time they got it fixed the library was closing and the copier automatically shuts down.

I felt so bad. The guy drove all the way from New York, which is like 20 minutes, but a long way for an 75 year old man (and I'm sure more than 20 minutes lol.) I ran over to the guy like "do you have an email" he said "WHAT" (he was practically deaf lmao) "YOU GOTTA SPEAK IN MY EAR I CAN'T HEAR" so I explained to him "if you have an email address, I'll snap a picture of the pages and email it to you." The guy was so happy. He was like "Thank you so much! You're my guardian angel" and said "Thank you thank you thank" like 20 times.

So I took the pics, but after I left I realized this is how they came out! :eek: :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Photo on 9-9-19 at 6.58 PM #4.jpg

I literally went to Walmart to see if they had a copy so I could buy it just to take a pic cuz I felt so bad, but they didn't have it.

But @million$$$smile just saved the day. Emailing it now. Thanks!

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

Opinion: how much more retarded bullshit are they going to keep stuffing in these things?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
NHL Star has his Ferrari hit, person leaves note, but not a note indicating that he'd pay for the damages. If only I was so lucky when someone knocked out my window of my Murci, of course that was intentional.

One of the reasons I don't own an exotic any longer. Too many haters and you can't leave it unattended.

http://instagr.am/p/B2N8cnHHA5N/ View: https://www.instagram.com/p/B2N8cnHHA5N/?utm_source=ig_embed

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
of course that was intentional
Wow, are you serious?

Imagine having an existence so pathetic that you actually risk breaking the law to destroy property belonging to someone you know nothing about.

For all he knew you could cured polio and sold the formula.

But this is what comes of a society where the wealthy are demonized.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I was just browsing my FB newsfeed when suddenly...

View attachment 27365

If you have children you need to start educating yourself on both “social justice” and “intersectionality” NOW.

They will be facing these ideas in the workplace and college.

PragerU has some informative videos that will give you an easy place to start:
What is Social Justice?
https://www.prageru.com/video/what-is-in...tionality/

Youtube channel of Matt Christiansen for commentary on current events..

Prof. Jordan Peterson, psychologist, has become world famous for standing up against cultural Marxism. While he is not a Christian he sees the Judeo-Christian worldview as the foundation of Western society.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4NijLf3M-A
--This conversation between Peterson and John Anderson, former Deputy Prime Minister of Australia, is very good. All of it interesting, but it's long...recommended minutes 22:24-43:27

This conversation is also riveting... between a christian and two atheist academics who are sounding the alarm about these ideas, how they’re affecting universities and what is happening.
short back-story on the two academics in this video
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvZNXRiAsn4
)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDFL3xwEEG8

If you want to see the results of Intersectionality, watch this expose about the Spring 2017 riots at Evergreen State College in Washington State.

This is an extreme case but these ideas are being pushed at universities across the country and finding their way down through education all the way to kindergarten. Only 10 planned episodes have been completed so far. This is a link to episode 1 :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Wny9TstEM

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
If you have children you need to start educating yourself on both “social justice” and “intersectionality” NOW.

They will be facing these ideas in the workplace and college.

PragerU has some informative videos that will give you an easy place to start:
What is Social Justice?
https://www.prageru.com/video/what-is-in...tionality/

Youtube channel of Matt Christiansen for commentary on current events..

Prof. Jordan Peterson, psychologist, has become world famous for standing up against cultural Marxism. While he is not a Christian he sees the Judeo-Christian worldview as the foundation of Western society.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4NijLf3M-A
--This conversation between Peterson and John Anderson, former Deputy Prime Minister of Australia, is very good. All of it interesting, but it's long...recommended minutes 22:24-43:27

This conversation is also riveting... between a christian and two atheist academics who are sounding the alarm about these ideas, how they’re affecting universities and what is happening.
short back-story on the two academics in this video
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvZNXRiAsn4
)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDFL3xwEEG8

If you want to see the results of Intersectionality, watch this expose about the Spring 2017 riots at Evergreen State College in Washington State.

This is an extreme case but these ideas are being pushed at universities across the country and finding their way down through education all the way to kindergarten. Only 10 planned episodes have been completed so far. This is a link to episode 1 :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Wny9TstEM
Oh I definitely don't have children, and it's probably a good idea that I never do.

I like Jordan Peterson. I have his book, and I recommend him to others.

Honestly, I think social justice is just a trend. People are desperate for an identity and they need something to cling to.

I think most people find it quite ridiculous though, hence the whole victim culture is getting a lot of backlash.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Oh I definitely don't have children, and it's probably a good idea that I never do.

I like Jordan Peterson. I have his book, and I recommend him to others.

Honestly, I think social justice is just a trend. People are desperate for an identity and they need something to cling to.

I think most people find it quite ridiculous though, hence the whole victim culture is getting a lot of backlash.

I think people are drawn to it so they can escape the responsibility of forming their own identity.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
For those of you in the states with good profits in your business, reminder: Estimated tax payments are due Monday.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
do you know if there are any DIY solutions to this? Websites that will help with estimates, stuff like TurboTax?

I just look at my last year's tax liability and divide by 4. If your business revenue/profit has changed significantly, then you should add/subtract that amount incrementally to your payment. Example: You look to make $40K more this year, then you'd add $3,500 more to your tax payment. (40 / 4 / X your marginal rate)

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
Example: You look to make $40K more this year, then you'd add $3,500 more to your tax payment. (40 / 4 / X your marginal rate)

I’m no accountant, but there’s something called the “safe harbor” rule. If you pay at least 90% of current year or 100% of the previous year (whichever is smaller), there’s no penalty for underpayment of estimated tax.

Because my business is growing, I just make sure I pay at least the same amount I did last year. No need to give the government extra money interest-free.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Just noted it.
This happens when you don't verify your scamming-bot posts:
FHOC1xM.png

FYI:
Above tweet is a scam. Probably some remote desktop scam.
Bots that create such accounts and tweets scrap images from other
accounts - probably checking how many "reactions" it received.

And it seems that those worms got many likes so a scammer-bot chose it
as attention grabbing image - with reverse effect!
:D

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So cool, I bet the forum can muster up 100 cards!!

I’m no accountant, but there’s something called the “safe harbor” rule. If you pay at least 90% of current year or 100% of the previous year (whichever is smaller), there’s no penalty for underpayment of estimated tax.

Because my business is growing, I just make sure I pay at least the same amount I did last year. No need to give the government extra money interest-free.

Thanks, totally forgot about that rule.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I’m on a field trip at UNT w/ my nine yr old son. I’m looking very cute in jean shorts and a cute t-shirt w/ expensive flip flops. I’m drinking coffee next to my snarky mom friend while we encourage our kids to learn about the environment.

BUT ON MY LEFT is a nice Dad in a FULL SUIT! I dunno what type of watch he’s wearing but it looks fancy. I’m pretty sure he just checked the NASDAQ.

Literally the ONLY thing I can think of is “Kak would be SO PROUD of this guy!!!”

ROFL!! Ok, imma go back to chillin and learning about archaeology.

That is all!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I used Match many years ago and remember these F*ckers doing this.

Glad their bro-marketing BS caught up with them and now they will have to pay.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
I used Match many years ago and remember these F*ckers doing this.

Glad their bro-marketing BS caught up with them and now they will have to pay.

So they (match) changed strategy.
At first they were personally sending fake love letters.

Now they allow other scammers to do the job for them.

You couldn't make that up.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
My country is the most anti-entrepreneurial country I know of (excluding situations of extreme poverty where no progress can be made because there aren't even the basics). Opening and operating a business is way too expensive, and the taxes are so high that even if you turn a nice profit half of it is gone instantly into a government that wastes money on everything with little relevance. Our tax evasion rate is so high it's sickening, but I don't blame these people, it's hard to make a living when the taxes are so high...the choice between putting food on the table and paying taxes isn't an easy one.

With how poorly our governments have been faring (duration-wise), and with all the stuff I have to hear somewhat often, I'm inclined to believe our politicians refined the system to this point: opening a new business is incredibly hard, making it very hard to create new jobs, so it's easy for a politician to become popular and earn votes, just promise to create more jobs!

Our hospitals are a disaster (especially in the southern part of the country), our teachers earn very little money, and our internet infrastructure is nonexistent outside of big cities.

And to think we are (supposedly) one of the richest countries in the world. Our governments have been lasting for about a year and a half on average for the past 15 or so years, this has rendered our parliament basically useless.

If you're wondering what country this is, I am talking about Italy.

I have to get out of this place sooner rather than later.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.