The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
You want to get a second passport. Basically dual citizenship.

I have a Mexican passport and an American passport.

Passports in America are a privilege, not a right. It’s like a drivers license. If you owe child support, owe taxes or have a warrant for your arrest. Your passport gets canceled or you can’t get issued one.

Yep that's in plans. It's less necessary for me as I can live in another European country without any permits but it would be valuable to have a non-EU passport.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Just fired my biggest client today. So much scope creep over the last 6 months with them that it honestly became so disrespectful that I wouldn't even want them at above market rates.

Feels great though, kind of like a level up.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
I recently bought the book the subtle art of not giving a F*ck,

So far it’s a great book, and I wanted to read it at school.

I bring it into class and start reading, and my English teacher takes my book, and goes to the principal’s office to see if it’s allowed.

He comes back and it’s not allowed, so I put it away.

I go home, and I put tape over the F*ck part of it, and bring it to class again, this time, I finished math test, and my math teacher tells me to read a book.

I tell her my book isn’t allowed and I show it to her, and she asked me to take off the tape, she saw the word and shrugged her shoulders.

At this point, the class is beginning to notice, and a girl shouts out

“My dad has that book!”

That’s nice.:rofl:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

I bring it into class and start reading, and my English teacher takes my book, and goes to the principal’s office to see if it’s allowed.

I go home, and I put tape over the F*ck part of it, and bring it to class again, this time, I finished math test, and my math teacher tells me to read a book.

I tell her my book isn’t allowed and I show it to her, and she asked me to take off the tape, she saw the word and shrugged her shoulders.

“My dad has that book!”

I don't understand the concept of "books that are allowed and disallowed" for schools. Aren't we supposed to be teaching the next generation something useful ... like critical thinking?

I can see how "Not giving a duck" for a school isn't a good message, you should care about your school, but to disallow it by a principal, who probably never read it... abuse of some little person power IMO.

I read it a while back, I think on one of my work trips with a long flight. It was OK, but I much prefer the works of Elkhart Tolle. Maybe this book is easier to digest than The Power of Now.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
I don't understand the concept of "books that are allowed and disallowed" for schools. Aren't we supposed to be teaching the next generation something useful ... like critical thinking?

I can see how "Not giving a duck" for a school isn't a good message, you should care about your school, but to disallow it by a principal, who probably never read it... abuse of some little person power IMO.
Yep, I agree, I found it a bit dumb, but, I can’t worry about that when it would just waste brain power.
I read it a while back, I think on one of my work trips with a long flight. It was OK, but I much prefer the works of Elkhart Tolle. Maybe this book is easier to digest than The Power of Now.
I might get the power of now..

Just I saw the book when we were in a store and thought why not, and I’ve already gained a lot of insight from it personally but thanks for the suggestion!

Prdgy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Mar 27, 2023
Is it as good as people hype it up to be? It's been on my reading list for eons, but I never really bought the hype around it. I also don't typically buy books that are labelled NYT best sellers, so I'm hesitant.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

“My dad has that book!”

What's so offensive about the book other than the F word in the title?

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Is it as good as people hype it up to be? It's been on my reading list for eons, but I never really bought the hype around it. I also don't typically buy books that are labelled NYT best sellers, so I'm hesitant.
I’m only on page 50; but so far, I think it’s a nice book.

Especially if your trying to align yourself with not wasting time, then it’s a great book to read.

What I’ve learnt or what it’s said so far is:

If your willing to go through any amount of pain to achieve your goals, then your unstoppable.

Life is problems, you can never avoid them,

everyone has problems, but some are just better than others,

problems never stop, problems are the way you grow.

It also teaches you how you have limited time on this earth, and also a limited # of ducks to give, so why care about the little things?

What's so offensive about the book other than the F word in the title?
I thought about the same thing, but I shouldn’t give a duck about something that frankly, in the long run won’t matter.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Anyone buy anything this Black Friday?

I have an urge to consume and I’m a little disappointed

10% off a new MacBook Pro is about the only thing that’s tempting and how boring is that as computer basically the same as the one I have already

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane

10% off a new MacBook Pro is about the only thing that’s tempting and how boring is that as computer basically the same as the one I have already
I wasn't really looking but only noticed Samsung S22 was about 30% off. Tried adding it to my plan with Telstra first online via chat (15 mins between msgs), then phone, then called a store, then left a msg, then wasn't allowed to make an appointment. So I guess they didn't want my money lol

Going to be reduced to close to that soon anyway I suppose. I still found the whole ordeal kinda funny. Didn't see anything else in our area worthwhile. Definitely more of a scam the more you look into it

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
These things are popular in my neighborhood...

However I wonder if the deaths are due to the device.

I can't recall ever seeing a rider on one of these who wasn't simultaneously scrolling on his phone while navigating street traffic. It's another feather in the cap of my belief that humanity won't survive the next 50 years.

View attachment 51651
This company has to be one of the worst around. They also have a problem called "ghosting" where it malfunctions and just keeps going forward with no one on it till it hits something (or someone).

They also just put out a firmware update and bricked everyone's boards and aren't taking responsibility for it.
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wln7kMJsWkg

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Nope. Thankfully blissful it even happened.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023

Well, we did do some shopping for gifts and parties we have coming up soon.

We walk into alo just to check what all the hype is, it’s 30% off everything.

40 person line.

About 250 people crammed into a 1500 sq ft area.

Probably even more.

They were making big bucks. We went near the cashier, and I saw all the totals..

It’s absurd.

$2267.87
$1539.16

All these high numbers, we were there for like 10-15 minutes.

Each customer had atleast 4 pieces of clothing on them.

There was a group of 3. A mother, and 2 teenage daughters

The mom grabbed about 20 things, and the daughters each also grabbed 15.

Grand total? They had to take up the three cashiers there, and then had to gather the total cost.

Which came out to about 11 grand.

Who can blow this kind of money on polyester clothing? I’d be willing to spend 200ish on cotton, maybe a little more but seriously!?!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

I bought Tradingview's 30% off for its Essential Plan.

I didn't take the whooping 70% off for Premium package as I rarely use THAT many trading indicators (if you have 10-20 indicators staring back at you, something IS wrong), charts or features. I also don't write trading scripts or publish too.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Which came out to about 11 grand.

Who can blow this kind of money on polyester clothing? I’d be willing to spend 200ish on cotton, maybe a little more but seriously!?!

Yeah, who? That's a great question.

The ability to do this is why we are all here.

Not that anyone here would, but that you could.

Keep going, keep growing Fastlane Fam.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Has anyone ever done a "No Contact" scenario with your family and did your own thing?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Raises hand.

Did you ever feel like your family never supported you, but yet you supported them? Was your family full of drama over past events and never looked forward or have gotten over it? Was your real father never around, even if he tries, he disappoints you. Or is your mother focusing only on one child and not the rest of the siblings? Were you the "Self-Sufficient" style of person that you learned at an early age that you had to take care of yourself or learn everything on your own?

I basically told off my father about the abandonment I felt and thanked him for giving me life, spoke with him last night he told me that he doesn't believe that I take risks, yet he doesn't fully know me. And my mother is still in this deep state of emotion at the loss of the youngest sibling of our family going to prison, it's been 5 years now since the event happened.

I don't blame anyone for what has happened, I know my family is going through issues. But I have felt isolated and that no one wants to get to know me.

What was the line in the sand or deciding factor for you to go no contact and do your own thing? As in enough is enough, my personal happiness matters, I'm going to go my way.

Too much drama, if you ask me.

Last edited:

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Did you ever feel like your family never supported you, but yet you supported them? Was your family full of drama over past events and never looked forward or have gotten over it? Was your real father never around, even if he tries, he disappoints you. Or is your mother focusing only on one child and not the rest of the siblings? Were you the "Self-Sufficient" style of person that you learned at an early age that you had to take care of yourself or learn everything on your own?

I basically told off my father about the abandonment I felt and thanked him for giving me life, spoke with him last night he told me that he doesn't believe that I take risks, yet he doesn't fully know me. And my mother is still in this deep state of emotion at the loss of the youngest sibling of our family going to prison, it's been 5 years now since the event happened.

I don't blame anyone for what has happened, I know my family is going through issues. But I have felt isolated and that no one wants to get to know me. So I ask why am I here close to home?

Greg mentioned something that sounds logical to me that I have an unfulfilled need for belonging and family.

What was the line in the sand or deciding factor for you to go no contact and do your own thing? As in enough is enough, my personal happiness matters, I'm going to go my way.

My sister told me over the phone the other day how I was an unwanted child because I was my father's and not my step dads old story. She had a miscarriage that day and got tipsy... gotta love it.

Too much drama, if you ask me.
Since my name has been mentioned, maybe i should offer some input.

In our conversations you keep bringing up family stuff that is no one else's business. That is why I say that you seem to have a need for family.

I am not sure this is the right place to find resolution to family drama.
I have yet to find perfect, no drama, family.

What will you do to replace the family connections you seem to need if you decide to cut ties?

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I had minimal contact with my dad in my ages 12-20 his choice. We got back together at 20, my choice and it was beneficial . I established boundaries at around 28, my choice, due to my kid and his grandkid.

We each have our own crap we go though, we feel alone but everyone is going through it in some form. Crap to some is gravy to others. We all have different limits to what we will put up with.

You have to weigh life with the status quo vs the benefit of walking away. Maybe take an extended break for a trial run?

Edit to add: holiday seasons tend to bring out emotions. I would be careful about making any permanent, life long, decisions during a temporary season.

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Instead of focusing on reasons for being successful or unsuccessful, focus only on what you can do today to make tomorrow better.

Incremental improvements will compound.

Too much contemplation about our past and how we got here isn’t as helpful as simple, stupid, unreasonable drive to just do. The more you do, the better you become. Be so busy doing shit that you have no time to contemplate your past baggage, broken families or broken dreams. Get after your new self, the future.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.