The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

rpeck90

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
449%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
Well, do you know what happens to most pioneers?

They die with arrows in their backs.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of innovation – I'm more of a fan of solid, reliable work, and building a brand/reputation and system to do the work better. And doing it in a competitive industry.

I can see where you're coming from, since you're in software, maybe it's more relevant there. But in my opinion, "Blue Ocean Strategy" is for most people a terrible choice. I'd argue that most beginners fail precisely because they're trying to innovate and follow the blue ocean approach. In other words, it's precisely because they don't work in the confines of an older paradigm.

Creating a new paradigm is something that will simply be inaccessible to most businesses. Thousands try, only one succeeds. Virtually 99.9% of innovators I've seen here or elsewhere have failed. Every day there's a new app, a new software, that the owner thinks will revolutionize an industry, establish a new paradigm. Most people severely underestimate the costs of opening up a blue ocean, financial as well as political.

Opening up a blue ocean is virtually impossible without significant (ie, millions) in financial backing and access to the backing of at least some established players. Sure, there are some people out there who will successfully open Blue Oceans. I'm you can cite some. But I see them as the exception, not the rule.

Personally, I started by copying everything that my most successful competitors were doing. I still copy good things I see to this day. That's free market research for me, and I get the goods, without paying the price. If I were to start again in a different industry, I'd take the same approach. Who is making money? What are they doing to make that money? Let's do the same first, make some money, then begin making it better.

Better in all ways – better at getting case studies, better at getting results, better at selling, and so on. All of these are the result of better business processes. I have a better process to get case studies... therefore while you get 1 case study, I get 10. I have a better process of selling the service... while you get 1 new customer, I get 2 or 3.

But the point is you always want to start from what's working already. And yes, it's true, I'll never start the next Facebook. So what?

I'm arguably in one of the reddest oceans out there: lead generation. I have thousands of competitors. Every day I get messaged by at least 4-5 of my competitors. What helped me is that they're all hustlers, and I'm a builder. I will sit there and build better systems than they will to do the same work. I don't care about innovating. I'll let someone else innovate, and then steal their innovation if it's good. And if it's not, I've spared myself the costs.
Thanks for the reply!

I should have perhaps prefaced my assertions by suggesting that pursuing an innovative path is predominantly for people who have the right mix of talent, work ethic and vision - IE capable of toppling the status quo.

You are one of those people, hence why I suggested it. Most don't have it, which is why they end up with a "me too" business they find difficult to scale. The fact you allude to yourself as a builder is enough to say you're an innovator. Everybody copies others at some level - Jobs copied Xerox Parc. The point is they took what worked and contorted it enough to make something new enough to create a new paradigm. They then owned the new paradigm. Even the iPhone was apparently a rip-off of LG's Prada phone.

I brainwashed myself to pursue the "blue ocean" path (primarily due to working with software) and it is, indeed, very difficult. I have some updates on it which I'll post in my progress thread soon but the key thing I've found is there are certain things which can be done to encourage its pursuit.

I would disagree about needing millions. There are quite a few examples of small - even bootstrapped - companies that grew substantially in new fields. Yes, many "moon shot" type things need capital, but not all. I would also suggest you are in a prime position to pursue such a path (innovation, not moonshot) as you have done what few others have -- developed deep systems, affinity & equitable value in your company.

I suppose my core point - to address your original assertion - was in the beginning, you had to innovate. You may not have been a pioneer, but you certainly had to make enough of a market to get paid well.

Stealing from higher level competitors is something everybody does, even if they don't admit it. The difference - at least to me - is the underlying purpose behind what you're doing. Most people "borrow" ideas because they're too lazy to do the work for themselves - you did it because you wanted to get to a destination quicker.

Now you're at the destination, you feel a sense of foreboding that you couldn't do it again. I would disagree. The fact you are in the position in the first place is testament to the fact you continued to "innovate" yourself regardless of circumstance. Just because you haven't invented the hot new app doesn't mean you don't carry the ideals behind that sort of thing into your work. In a similar sense, the young bucks trying to emulate you don't need to compete directly with you as they'll have to "innovate" for themselves, even if they steal your more successful processes etc.

Edit:

Just remembered the famed Jobs Picasso quote which I felt quite pertinent...
ca7de3f42d939a1f0eb6f7b169baa2c4.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Belesarius

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 19, 2022
Unless you want to devote your life to killing bugs, it's pretty much illegal here too.

It's pretty much a rant against occupational licensing.
Hello Kak,

thank you for replying

I just want to know if I am misinterpreting data points. Because I found a lot of products on Amazon, specifically made for the US market, which advertise killing insects. Like this chemical on Amazon with 28k reviews. It even has "Kill" in the Title of the product, and written on the packaging, and pictures of dead bugs and spiders displayed. Link to the product first one in the first row (might change by Amazon Settings) Name: Ortho Home Defence Amazon.com : Ortho Home Defense Max Indoor Insect Barrier: Starts to Kill Ants, Roaches, Spiders, Fleas

Therefore I was assuming that the production and selling of products specifically designed for home use pest control was fully legal in the US.

After conducting my research on pest regulation in the US, I also found out that insects with rare exceptions like praying mantis, are not protected by any federal law. They are even excluded. ENDANGERED SPECIES ACT OF 1973 Section 3 (6). Attached a screenshot. Especially not by some state laws. (Included a section of Texas State Law in the attached image).

There is also widespread pesticide usage in the US which kills Trillions of bugs a year.

So because so many Products, that sell very well exist (I have included Screenshots of 3 different products especially targeted at killing any kind of rodents) and the federal law explicitly excludes insects, it was my impression that selling products in this industry was fully legal.
What am I missing?

Would appreciate your help.

Attachments

• Kak Message 4.png
    Kak Message 4.png
    334.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Kak Message 3 .png
    Kak Message 3 .png
    577.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Kak Message 2 .png
    Kak Message 2 .png
    22.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Kak Message 1 .png
    Kak Message 1 .png
    21.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I'm considering changing my checkout to SamCart or ThriveCart, so I joined SamCarts FB group to have a noisy, see if anyone was complaining about this or that.

The group has a lot of people asking for feedback.

Good lord the sales pages people are putting up are dreadful.

I hate to think what the "products" being sold are like :rofl:

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
I'm considering changing my checkout to SamCart or ThriveCart, so I joined SamCarts FB group to have a noisy, see if anyone was complaining about this or that.

The group has a lot of people asking for feedback.

Good lord the sales pages people are putting up are dreadful.

I hate to think what the "products" being sold are like :rofl:
All the more opportunity for you to crush it!

By the way, I don't think there's still a lifetime deal available for SamCart, but ThriveCart still has theirs up if you want to have that option - ThriveCart - Special offer!

I've used Thrive Cart for years and never had any problem with them. (Their marketing seems to be ramping up lately to close the lifetime payment offer soon, though.)

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
All the more opportunity for you to crush it!

By the way, I don't think there's still a lifetime deal available for SamCart, but ThriveCart still has theirs up if you want to have that option - ThriveCart - Special offer!

I've used Thrive Cart for years and never had any problem with them. (Their marketing seems to be ramping up lately to close the lifetime payment offer soon, though.)
Yeah my book is doing alright!

ThriveCart were recently bought out and I've been reading that the product has been going downhill. Saying that, I only need basic features, and what I want in SamCart would cost $160/mo... so it's probably worth giving ThriveCart a go first.

Their lifetime offer has been nearly closing for 6 years :rofl:

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
Yeah my book is doing alright!

ThriveCart were recently bought out and I've been reading that the product has been going downhill. Saying that, I only need basic features, and what I want in SamCart would cost $160/mo... so it's probably worth giving ThriveCart a go first.

Their lifetime offer has been nearly closing for 6 years :rofl:
Ohhh that makes sense if they were recently bought out. I thought there was a change recently in the tone & frequency of their messaging.

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Ohhh that makes sense if they were recently bought out. I thought there was a change recently in the tone & frequency of their messaging.
Fingers crossed it doesn’t turn to shit!

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Respectfully, I think you are missing the point entirely.

It doesn't matter if you're in a blue ocean or a red ocean.

What matters is... Do people want what you have to offer?

Your tactic of sticking a competitive industries does show market demand. And for that reason it works. Not because the industry is competitive, but because there is market demand.

A blue ocean can be opened without requiring millions of dollars. My ex-wife has a friend who was a fry cook at McDonald's. Single mom. About to be homeless. She got tired of the way bed sheets would come off the bed. So she invented bed sheets with elastic on the corners.

Voila, a new category of bed sheet. My ex-wife helped her and get a small business loan. The lady knew nothing about business. But she got the right people around her and within a couple of years was a millionaire.

Because her idea solved a problem people were having.

She didn't consider herself an innovator, or an inventor, or entrepreneur. She was just a mom who wanted bed sheets to work the way they're supposed to work. She's also the closest person I've ever met to being an actual " overnight success".

In her case, opening up this blue ocean was easy because again there was existing market demand.

Someone developing something unique has a harder time bringing it to market because often the market needs to be educated on the problem.

I think I posted recently about my friend who is doing this software play for banks and hospitals. His sales process is a lot slower than bed sheet lady, because the banks and hospitals tech staff need to be educated about the problem. And then they have to admit in their fragile egos that they didn't catch the problem in the first place. And then they have to go through a whole thing of deciding whether they can try and fix this problem themselves.

But the writing's on the wall for my friend's business. There's a very real security issue. People are becoming more aware of it. In another, maybe five years, maybe 10 years, a service like his will become practically a requirement for bank/hospital CTO's to use. A "best practice" if you will.

His issue is, can he last long enough to get to that point? Right now, the market has a need, but doesn't know it has a need, therefore there isn't much demand. But there will be.

On a forum of a guy who preaches the message of "solve a problem to create value" (obviously I'm paraphrasing) you tried to make the conversation about "market competitiveness". Market competitiveness is the symptom.

A blue ocean is simply a large problem that no one is solving. A red ocean is a problem "everyone" is solving.

The cool thing about a red ocean that perhaps makes it feel like the safer choice is it has N and possibly S built in.
You’ve made very good and eloquent points, thanks for your input @BizyDad !

I’m in agreement that what matters ultimately is if there is market demand. Some things simply can’t be sold if there is no demand, or if there is little demand they are very hard to sell.

However, I view the presence of competition as a better indicator of market demand than trying to solve a problem. Trying to solve a problem isn’t always a good thing in my eyes.

Some problems aren’t worth solving. Other problems are worth solving, but it’s not economical to do so. Other problems are worth solving, it would be economical to solve them, but it’s not practical to actually solve them, many times due to vested interests.

Most people who try to solve problems run into the issue of solving the wrong problem.

And sometimes you don’t even have to solve a problem to make money.

I’m personally a money-chaser. Not in the philistine way that MJ criticizes in his work — I don’t mean that I try to do whatever it takes to make a quick buck, usually at the expense of another buck you could make later down the road. Rather I mean that I try to do whatever is most likely to make me (given my experience, skills, network etc) most money — and I can only assess probabilities based on past experiences (and I don’t mean here just my own).

Therefore, it’s safer to go where others are already making money, than where they’re not. If they’re making money, that is proof that there is demand.

Someone developing something unique has a harder time bringing it to market because often the market needs to be educated on the problem
Is it economical to educate the market on the problem? I think history tells us that generally the answer is NO. Facebook wasn’t the first social media… they had myspace and hi5 and others “educating” the market. How did it work out for them? They were solving the right problem, at the wrong time.

As a sidenote, some entrepreneur/investor, I forget his name, did some stats at one point, and found out that for (tech) startups the most important factor to success is timing.

His issue is, can he last long enough to get to that point? Right now, the market has a need, but doesn't know it has a need, therefore there isn't much demand. But there will be.
How do you know? Yes, maybe that’s what seems reasonable to happen. But how do you know? Maybe some new technology changes how banking systems are organised. Maybe some new law changes things. Maybe the bankers just bribe the politicians and it never changes. Or maybe the clients will work with another company that has a bigger track record. I can never count on the future, it’s fickle. This is why I tend to stay away from vague businesses that promise to solve some problem. Who knows if there will actually be demand for it?

A blue ocean can be opened without requiring millions of dollars. My ex-wife has a friend who was a fry cook at McDonald's. Single mom. About to be homeless. She got tired of the way bed sheets would come off the bed. So she invented bed sheets with elastic on the corners.
That’s a great story, congrats to her. Hard to reproduce that though. If it was me, I wouldn’t even have had the mindset/belief that it would be possible for me to do that — as I have no clue about bedsheets, how they’re made, or how to invent a new one, or what the process is — I just know how to use them. I’d be like “Uhh ok, so suppose I stitch one of those together, that would take me a few hours, for like $5? That’s insane. No clue how to mass produce those, sounds like a big hassle” LOL! It’s hard to be a beginner when you’re no longer a beginner. The beginner’s mindset can sometimes be a real advantage.

Also I wouldn’t consider something like this a blue ocean… it’s more like an N+1 iteration as Peter Thiel would call it. A small improvement over what is there before. A blue ocean is the result of value innovation — the factors of production are reorganized so you have better output for lower costs. It’s uber vs taxis. Not elastic corner bedsheet vs regular bedsheet. One is N^2 the other is N+1.
Stealing from higher level competitors is something everybody does
Stealing from higher level competitors is one of the secrets of success in my view. I have gone as far as paying people to form companies and hire my competitors so that I can learn what they’re doing. And I’ve had people try to do the same to me.

I think being able to collect and make use of market intelligence at a faster rate than your competition is rarely talked about, but one of the most important investments a company can make.

When people work jobs, the smart ones at least, that’s what they do. They’re stealing know-how. I’ve never worked a job, so I had to steal everything lol.

Gaining market intelligence is better than reading a book. You get to see immediately what’s actually working in your specific situation, and then you can dissect it and make it better.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Women don't support sporting events or super hero movies in anything close to the amount of support men do.

Don't think it has anything to do with women, I love watching a woman kick a$$, it's just the same rehashed, tired old tropes every superhero film has done 33,103 times before, followed by (I'm guessing) a bunch of hidden cultural agendas.

Fingers crossed it doesn’t turn to shit!

Fingers crossed the investors don't try to get a return on their investment!

Translation: It's gonna turn to shit.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
If you are feeling down today because your business is hard or it’s hard to start a business… just remember that the world is full of people like this gal:

View: https://twitter.com/JebraFaushay/status/1723791866095689946/video/1

She’s your competition. You’ll be alright, I promise.

I'm glad that you posted this, because I wanted to rant about people who do consulting for big companies ($100M+ revenue).

A lot of them are F*cking dumb. Sometimes you'll ask yourself "what kind of nepotism enables this kind of incompetence?"

Companies are wasting millions hiring incompetent people. Let them spend that money on you instead.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Any guitar enthusiasts here?

My gf started asking what I want for Xmas. I'm never comfortable with this question, especially because I don't like to receive gifts. I'm way happier when I give.

I'm considering going back to guitar. I took courses in my teenage years and enjoyed it.

I need something to relax alongside my 9-5 + my side business I try to develop. I'm in monk mode since a couple of months, investing all my free time (apart the one I dedicate to my GF who fully supports me) into my business. I just spent the whole weekend on it (litterally, 15h of work each day, I'm just making a small pause to write this).

Even if I expected to go through this, I realize I may need something to chill out from time to time. So why not casually learning as an autodidact? I want something I can progress at. I have banned videos games a while ago.

Well, any recommendation about a beginner model? I would prefer an acoustic guitar with steel strings over a classic guitar.
Find someone who is passionate about guitar and buy used from them. Chat to the seller, get him to tell you the story about the guitar and why he is selling it. Ask him to play it for you.

You can save a crap ton on used, and they can be set up significantly better than a new one if you buy from someone who loves their instruments.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
If you are feeling down today because your business is hard or it’s hard to start a business… just remember that the world is full of people like this gal:

View: https://twitter.com/JebraFaushay/status/1723791866095689946/video/1

She’s your competition. You’ll be alright, I promise.
A "politically moderate" school teacher in 2023.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Hello Kak,

thank you for replying

I just want to know if I am misinterpreting data points. Because I found a lot of products on Amazon, specifically made for the US market, which advertise killing insects. Like this chemical on Amazon with 28k reviews. It even has "Kill" in the Title of the product, and written on the packaging, and pictures of dead bugs and spiders displayed. Link to the product first one in the first row (might change by Amazon Settings) Name: Ortho Home Defence Amazon.com : Ortho Home Defense Max Indoor Insect Barrier: Starts to Kill Ants, Roaches, Spiders, Fleas

Therefore I was assuming that the production and selling of products specifically designed for home use pest control was fully legal in the US.

After conducting my research on pest regulation in the US, I also found out that insects with rare exceptions like praying mantis, are not protected by any federal law. They are even excluded. ENDANGERED SPECIES ACT OF 1973 Section 3 (6). Attached a screenshot. Especially not by some state laws. (Included a section of Texas State Law in the attached image).

There is also widespread pesticide usage in the US which kills Trillions of bugs a year.

So because so many Products, that sell very well exist (I have included Screenshots of 3 different products especially targeted at killing any kind of rodents) and the federal law explicitly excludes insects, it was my impression that selling products in this industry was fully legal.
What am I missing?

Would appreciate your help.

Is driving in your country fully legal? You probably think so, but can you do so without a license?

That's what you are missing. Yes, it is legal of you follow the Byzantine regulations.

In addition to the states laws, we have the EPA. You can't just bottle up a bunch of chemicals in your country and DHL the chemicals into an Amazon warehouse in our country.

You are missing a lot more information than this, but this is a starting point. You need an expert.

Don't think it has anything to do with women, I love watching a woman kick a$$, it's just the same rehashed, tired old tropes every superhero film has done 33,103 times before, followed by (I'm guessing) a bunch of hidden cultural agendas.

Of course it does. Spurred by the success of Black Panther, (of which you can level the exact same criticism), Marvel has been making a greater push to market movies to various segments of society. Representation became huge. Look at Simu Lui on Twitter calling his movie "a movement" like he's some kind of Christ figure.

Brie Larson as a condition of taking the role has been advocating for greater inclusion of female roles in movies as well as advocating for female centered movies. While I personally like this push generally, other than WandaVision, all of them have performed below expectation despite being primarily marketed towards the largest segment of the population (women). I would argue Captain Marvel was a success at 1.1 billion, but Marvel was disappointed at that result.

The Batman, as a recent example, was criticized for having woke elements, and definitely had the same old tropes that had been done before. Same villains. Same Batman. Yet it was still considered a commercial success at 770 M. Smaller budget though.

If all people are tired of super heros, than why is Loki doing so well on streaming while the Marvels was the worst opening?

Screenshot_20231113-181347.png

A simplistic reasoning and one that I believe is true is that men support super hero films at a greater rate than women do. (Although I bet more women went to see The Batman than will go see The Marvels. The draw of Pattinson :rofl:)

Personally, I think it's an interesting case study in catering to your audience versus expanding your audience.

And just to be clear, I'm not posting this as some hater. I have watched everything Marvel except for the Marvels and the new season of Loki. I'll get to those soonish.

I actually attend women's sporting events. I went to games the past 2 times the Mercury won a championship. I take my kids to a game or two a year, just like the men's sports. Fun fact, the Mercury have better fan chants than the Suns do.

So I am speaking from experience. Those seats are cheaper and the stands a lot emptier. Women are the primary market and they don't support these kinds of events at the same rate as men do.

I thought I was saying something self-evident, but apparently not. Lol.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hahah pls don´t cancel me. Normaly I catch all the spiders in my house with a paper towel and a glass because I am not afraid of them, and I don´t want to kill them. But some arachnophobic people are literally unable to use any non lethal force or they will not be able to sleep for days, after they saw a spider on the wall. I am well aware of these products but they are very poorly executed.
I saw a cockroach in my house the other night. I went to get paper towels so I could gently pick it up and put it outside. When I went to grab it, it ran under a large massage chair. This chair is heavy to move so I said F*ck it and went to sleep. I wonder if it’s still there.

And also, I saw this the other night at my house. I just let him go his merry way up the wall.

IMG_3772.jpeg

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Is driving in your country fully legal? You probably think so, but can you do so without a license?

That's what you are missing. Yes, it is legal of you follow the Byzantine regulations.

In addition to the states laws, we have the EPA. You can't just bottle up a bunch of chemicals in your country and DHL the chemicals into an Amazon warehouse in our country.

You are missing a lot more information than this, but this is a starting point. You need an expert.

Of course it does. Spurred by the success of Black Panther, (of which you can level the exact same criticism), Marvel has been making a greater push to market movies to various segments of society. Representation became huge. Look at Simu Lui on Twitter calling his movie "a movement" like he's some kind of Christ figure.

Brie Larson as a condition of taking the role has been advocating for greater inclusion of female roles in movies as well as advocating for female centered movies. While I personally like this push generally, other than WandaVision, all of them have performed below expectation despite being primarily marketed towards the largest segment of the population (women). I would argue Captain Marvel was a success at 1.1 billion, but Marvel was disappointed at that result.

The Batman, as a recent example, was criticized for having woke elements, and definitely had the same old tropes that had been done before. Same villains. Same Batman. Yet it was still considered a commercial success at 770 M. Smaller budget though.

If all people are tired of super heros, than why is Loki doing so well on streaming while the Marvels was the worst opening?

View attachment 52424

A simplistic reasoning and one that I believe is true is that men support super hero films at a greater rate than women do. (Although I bet more women went to see The Batman than will go see The Marvels. The draw of Pattinson :rofl:)

Personally, I think it's an interesting case study in catering to your audience versus expanding your audience.

And just to be clear, I'm not posting this as some hater. I have watched everything Marvel except for the Marvels and the new season of Loki. I'll get to those soonish.

I actually attend women's sporting events. I went to games the past 2 times the Mercury won a championship. I take my kids to a game or two a year, just like the men's sports. Fun fact, the Mercury have better fan chants than the Suns do.

So I am speaking from experience. Those seats are cheaper and the stands a lot emptier. Women are the primary market and they don't support these kinds of events at the same rate as men do.

I thought I was saying something self-evident, but apparently not. Lol.
Personally I don’t think the Marvels failed because the main superhero is a female. I think it’s because nobody cares for another super hero movie.

I’ve seen most Marvel shows, but many are background noise. Few are get off the phone and watch shows. Loki is more of a plot driven show than about people with super powers. I do watch it.

Just like Andor turned out to be really good for a Star Wars show. It was well written. The rest all kind of suck.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I saw a cockroach in my house the other night. I went to get paper towels so I could gently pick it up and put it outside. When I went to grab it, it ran under a large massage chair. This chair is heavy to move so I said F*ck it and went to sleep. I wonder if it’s still there.

And also, I saw this the other night at my house. I just let him go his merry way up the wall.

View attachment 52428
Holy crap!!! I would peace out of there so fast haha.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Personally I don’t think the Marvels failed because the main superhero is a female. I think it’s because nobody cares for another super hero movie.

I’ve seen most Marvel shows, but many are background noise. Few are get off the phone and watch shows. Loki is more of a plot driven show than about people with super powers. I do watch it.

Just like Andor turned out to be really good for a Star Wars show. It was well written. The rest all kind of suck.
It failed because the company is creatively bankrupt and no one gives a crap about anything they do anymore.

Bad acting. Bad Story. Bad dialogue. Bad "special" effects. Bad characters with zero development. Everyone has to be better than everyone else. Males are all effeminate pieces of crap. Women can't lose to anyone else, even other women.

It makes for a bad time. So people stopped going.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
I respectfully disagree. Imagine you bumped your head. You now have amnesia. Everyone around you knows who you were and what you did. All but you. In time you manage to remember vaguely your life. I say vaguely because you only have a glimpse of moments of your life. No knowledge, no memories about your entrepreneurial activity, nothing.
Now tell me. What would you do? Would you do a 9-5? Or would you do the work? Start all over again. Get the knowledge, put in the work.
Some people don't care that they are older. They don't care about embarrassing themselves. They don't care about the fact that they're entering a new field. They don't care what other people think. They don't mind starting over. They don't care about failing. In the end, what is there to lose? Maybe the unpleasant situation they are currently facing is bigger than the hard work they have to put in.
I think people should be able to start all over again no matter what. It's a strength of character. It shows that you can adapt. That you continuously learn.
It keeps you young and hungry. You might disagree, but these are my 2 cents.
Reminds me of Phil Knight at the end of Shoe Dog saying how when Nike when public and his net worth went from 0 to 100m over night he was depressed, and he longed for and wished he could do it all over again despite his journey being an endless string of failures, reneg's and catastrophe's.

Also this quote by Freud which is one of my favorites:

1699937894297.png

At the least since we all come to Earth with nothing and die with nothing, I think experiences and stories are extremely valuable, and the best hero stories worth telling are of those who overcame hard times.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Personally I don’t think the Marvels failed because the main superhero is a female.

That's not what I'm saying. I feel like that's what everybody else says, so maybe that's why I'm not being understood.

I'm saying Marvel movies which are marketed primarily with women in mind, seem to not do as well.

And it isn't because women aren't interested. I'm not even saying that, because plenty of the Marvels movies and shows garnered attention from female fans.

I think it’s because nobody cares for another super hero movie.

People have been saying this for years.

The Batman just came out of year ago and did well. Across The Spider Verse also did well just a couple months ago, broke records even.

Let's talk when Deadpool 3 comes out with Wolverine in it and tell me again how no one wants to see superhero movies.

People still want to see interesting superhero movies. I'm curious about the Fantastic Four, and I'm looking forward to Blade. But I probably will miss the next Aquaman...

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Marvel doing the ladies dirty by making their movies huge piles of boring crap. Maybe they should let the master write one for them.
qt.jpg

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Someone whose content in the service based business sector I was REALLY enjoying, has just started putting out a bunch of collab content with Grant Cardone :(

There's still a lot of good things I'll be able to take from his previous content, of which there is a lot, but that's ruined it for me going forward now. He's really sucking his nuts too.

Belesarius

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 19, 2022
Thank you again for your response.

You really dig the Byzantium Theme of my profile don't you? :D

Just wanted to clarify that my product has nothing to do with chemicals, it is a fully mechanical product, similar to the spider vacuums you have posted here before.

So I guess the chemical regulations don't apply to me.

Can I summarize your message as: "Of course it is legal, you stupid donkey, but you have to follow all existing regulations, and maybe get special permits and licenses".

You said I need an expert.

I want to ask, in general, do you think it is a good Idea to go through the regulations and become somewhat of an expert myself, before I contact a professional to talk about the unclear details? Or is this a completely delusional approach? Right now I am a student and have more time than money, and I try not to go broke by spending all my money on lawyers and industry experts before I even get my first sale...

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Someone whose content in the service based business sector I was REALLY enjoying, has just started putting out a bunch of collab content with Grant Cardone :(

There's still a lot of good things I'll be able to take from his previous content, of which there is a lot, but that's ruined it for me going forward now. He's really sucking his nuts too.
I like Grant and you can’t really blame whoever that is, Grants been a guru a long time and is very successful at it, I’m sure there’s a lot that guy could learn from him

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I like Grant and you can’t really blame whoever that is, Grants been a guru a long time and is very successful at it, I’m sure there’s a lot that guy could learn from him
Sorry man, Grant Cardone makes me want to puke. I'm amazed anyone would think positively about him in this day and age with the amount of content out there showing him for what he really is.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Sorry man, Grant Cardone makes me want to puke. I'm amazed anyone would think positively about him in this day and age with the amount of content out there showing him for what he really is.
I haven’t consumed any of his content for like 5 years, he used to have a podcast that was super entertaining called young hustlers

No idea what he’s doing these days but he’s like anyone else, take what you like from them and leave the rest

He has some really good basic messages that are powerful

Who’s got my money?

Do the math

Follow-up

Work harder

Become known

Plus he’s entertaining, he was super early on the “infotainment” category

I don’t think I’d go to him for anything in depth or pay him for information, but he’s got good energy and he’s got the basics right

He’s kinda like a step up from Dave Ramsey for people just getting into the space

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I am genuinely curious as I've only seen his messages about positivity and such. I also like his audio book Be Obsessed or be Average. What has he done showing who he really is?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.