The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 16, 2022
Most of the self-dev industry is despicable, preying on vulnerable people because they are easier targets from whom to empty bank accounts.

It's the ethical equivalent of assaulting old people. Disgusting

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Thank you again for your response.

You really dig the Byzantium Theme of my profile don't you? :D

Just wanted to clarify that my product has nothing to do with chemicals, it is a fully mechanical product, similar to the spider vacuums you have posted here before.

So I guess the chemical regulations don't apply to me.

Can I summarize your message as: "Of course it is legal, you stupid donkey, but you have to follow all existing regulations, and maybe get special permits and licenses".

You said I need an expert.

I want to ask, in general, do you think it is a good Idea to go through the regulations and become somewhat of an expert myself, before I contact a professional to talk about the unclear details? Or is this a completely delusional approach? Right now I am a student and have more time than money, and I try not to go broke by spending all my money on lawyers and industry experts before I even get my first sale...

1. I do dig it! I also like using the word Byzantine when appropriate, but many don't understand the meaning.

2. I would never call anyone a stupid donkey. I might call someone a smart a$$, but not in this case. ;)

3. Normally, I do recommend that people go through the process themselves to learn. But I don't think this is one of those times.

Regardless of what you're exporting, you should know the regulations. I'm sure electronics have regulations too.

Perhaps visiting the American embassy in your country, you might be able to find the support you're looking for. There are also organizations that help specialize in this kind of thing.

I am speaking from an American perspective. Hopefully other countries have the same kind of business support that we have enjoy here. But I know nothing about import/export.

Get creative. If you are a student, perhaps you can work on interviewing a business owner who imports/exports similar products for a school project.

There might be others on the forum that can weigh in as well.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I am genuinely curious as I've only seen his messages about positivity and such. I also like his audio book Be Obsessed or be Average. What has he done showing who he really is?
There's tonnes of stuff out there now. He also had his fraud case reopened a few months ago but I haven't really been following that. The guy is just a grade A slimeball. Not to mention the weird scientology shit (the final step he springs on you, some say lol).

On the lower end of the scammy side:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zO6kQbYZJjk&pp=ygUgQ29mZmVlemlsbGEgZ3JhbnQgQ2FyZG9uZSBhZHZpY2U%3D

This one was fun and a must watch. Cardone gets called out live by ex T mobile CEO John Legere: "Tell the church to come get me."
Funny to see Grant refuse to give an answer to the billionaire question, and try to stop Legere's questioning by insinuating legal action (which Legere was way too smart for).

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L6qWUtTHhU8&pp=ygUaR3JhbnQgY2FyZG9uZSBzY2llbnRvbG9neSA%3D

Last edited:

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 4, 2019
Found this on the top of the foundation in my basement (my house is from 1820).

Anyone got an idea what it's from?

bones.jpg

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Watching Disney flop is more entertaining than the actual "content" that they release. The flatline on Marvel's is absolutely epic.

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
My thought of the day (no meme this time):

In order to become wealthy from zero, a common way is to help wealthy people become wealthier.

Learn a useful skill to serve people who already have money to spend

This is basically why marketing is the top skill to learn in entrepreneurial journey

It help you raise capital by serving wealthier, and then it help you with your own ventures

Belesarius

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 19, 2022
1. I do dig it! I also like using the word Byzantine when appropriate, but many don't understand the meaning.

2. I would never call anyone a stupid donkey. I might call someone a smart a$$, but not in this case. ;)

3. Normally, I do recommend that people go through the process themselves to learn. But I don't think this is one of those times.

Regardless of what you're exporting, you should know the regulations. I'm sure electronics have regulations too.

Perhaps visiting the American embassy in your country, you might be able to find the support you're looking for. There are also organizations that help specialize in this kind of thing.

I am speaking from an American perspective. Hopefully other countries have the same kind of business support that we have enjoy here. But I know nothing about import/export.

Get creative. If you are a student, perhaps you can work on interviewing a business owner who imports/exports similar products for a school project.

There might be others on the forum that can weigh in as well.
Thank you very much for your extensive help and your very useful suggestions.

I think the opportunity is still to big to pass on so I will further dive into the regulations.
After consideration, I will first try to bring the product to my own domestic market. I am more familiar with the culture and regulations here, so the chance I fall into pitfalls is smaller. After the product ist established, I will try to venture outside my homecountry, with the help of an expert, who knows the relevant information about exporting my goods.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
The new chatgpt photo option is super handy.
I have been using it a lot to grab the text, info, numbers out of an image.

Like this is my webflow affiliate dashboard this morning... this takes 5 seconds.
(It doesn't give any total number, so before would have to copy paste all of these)

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 09.19.36.png

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
The new chatgpt photo option is super handy.
I have been using it a lot to grab the text, info, numbers out of an image.

Like this is my webflow affiliate dashboard this morning... this takes 5 seconds.
(It doesn't give any total number, so before would have to copy paste all of these)
Just quickly doing the maths in my head and it should be a lot higher?

You can copy text from photos on your iPhone

You could screenshot this and then just copy all the text and stick it in a google sheet, unless you can just copy it straight from the page

Also while testing this I found another cool feature on photos of iPhone

Who added this feature to iPhones? Completely unnecessary and unexpected but coolIMG_0743.png

Last edited:

UK_Mike

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 10, 2020
North West UK

Indeed, it's 1071.21, though not done in my head. I can't see what it's missed out, though, it's not just one of the figures.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Ya true... whoops.

That is quite annoying, I just assumed it was right.

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 15.18.48.png

---

Alright - now it is only off by $23,000 or so.

Was a fun idea why it lasted ha.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
ChatGPT: So efficient you get the work done twice!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Those of you who do financial copywriting or keep tabs on the Agora direct response world...how come
I missed this drama till today's CopyHour email touched on it:

Some angry letter by Porter Stansberry himself, the honcho behind Agora, after he got pushed out of his
own company, MarketWise.

Somehow managed to force the entire Board to resign and took back the reins recently:

Reading through the letter...there were many thoughts on what a dedicated leader should be. Oddly its the first time ever that I read anything on his biz background, even though I kept seeing his name pop up in the Agora emails.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Ya true... whoops.

View attachment 52492

---

Never allow chatgtp do math, or triple check it, which defeats the purpose.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Hey @MJ DeMarco , hope this doesn't bug you too much.

I started a new position recently and these guys are incredibly serious about business. It's a H2S and emissions control business in Oil and Gas. We are down in Texas for some meetings, and they gave us a competition.

We need to find the highest level executive we can, or the most famous person we can, and get a meeting or a call or something with them. They want it done today, and they are doing a cash prize for the winner.

You immediately came to mind. Any ideas? Care to be my famous person?

You can also delete this if you like, I don't want to be dick!

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
We need to find the highest level executive we can, or the most famous person we can

I'm gonna decline on the fact that I'd feel like an imposter, I don't see myself as either a "high level executive" or "famous."

I'd say @Kak is closer to that than I, especially since he is involved in industrial materials.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Ya true... whoops.

---

@MitchC beat me to it - hallucinations are a problem with GPT's vision model as well. You have to assume that it translates the images to numbers correctly, then you have to assume that it adds the numbers up correctly.

These types of solutions fall under "intelligent document processing", so if you lose a lot of time tallying up numbers from spreadsheets, you can get a better solution elsewhere.

And to everyone else who wants to use AI / ML tools to do cool stuff like this, ALWAYS manually verify your results, and then set up tests to keep evaluating the results if you integrate it into one of your workflows. I guarantee that companies are losing millions because some accountants thought that GPT 4 would be a great time saving for invoice matching.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I'm gonna decline on the fact that I'd feel like an imposter, I don't see myself as either a "high level executive" or "famous."

I'd say @Kak is closer to that than I, especially since he is involved in industrial materials.
Don't sell yourself short. You literally change lives and are a best selling author. Either way this is a privately owned and very successful entrepreneurial business. I am going to be getting these guys into your work sooner rather than later.

Here

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 6, 2019
Hello,
I have a question for those of you residing in the United States, and I would greatly appreciate any insights or experiences you can share.

I am currently planning to enter the US market with a pest control product. In my home country, it is punishable by law to kill most insects, including wasps, spiders, and others, even if they are inside your home. I was quite suprised, guess I have some crimes against spiders under my belt. I want to know about the situation in the US.

Could you please enlighten me on any laws in the US that might prohibit individuals from killing insects inside their homes? I've come across information mentioning exceptions, such as in the State of New Jersey, but I'm curious about the general perspective and experiences across different states.

Thank you for your help.
Killing bugs is illegal in New Jersey? I kill bugs all the time.

I would love a new nontoxic option, I bought the thing with a blue light and sticky back and it does literally nothing.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
Those of you who do financial copywriting or keep tabs on the Agora direct response world...how come

Some angry letter by Porter Stansberry himself, the honcho behind Agora, after he got pushed out of his
own company, MarketWise.

Somehow managed to force the entire Board to resign and took back the reins recently:

Reading through the letter...there were many thoughts on what a dedicated leader should be. Oddly its the first time ever that I read anything on his biz background, even though I kept seeing his name pop up in the Agora emails.
Something about this letter struck me as off.

As a person who has been in the copywriting scene since 2016, I have considered Agora to be like the sketchiest company ever, someone I would never consider working with. I've just been researching another story where a bad leader got ousted by the board, only to regain control of his company and kick out all the board members who weren't yes men. I wanted to see if there were any similarities here.

1700159001625.png

Looks like there is no Fourth Floor at that address. Unless he lives on the roof. What is he, Spider Man?

1700159257956.png

The rest of the letter is basically a sales pitch.

It would actually be a GREAT exercise for any copywriter. Save this in your swipe file as an example of persuasive communication, and then do your own breakdown of all the techniques he used, the structure, the order of when he said what, and the things that are not being said.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

own company, MarketWise.

Wow, what a horror story for the original entrepreneur, talk about milking the cow dry.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What happened with the section of the forum with recent activity, like previews of the comments people liked or made?

I personally liked that section and it got me to explore threads I’d never have otherwise opened!

I removed it and wanted to see how long it took someone to notice. It was about a week.

Some have expressed that that function is an eyesore, although I'm more of your view. I liked it.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I removed it and wanted to see how long it took someone to notice. It was about a week.

Some have expressed that that function is an eyesore, although I'm more of your view. I liked it.
I see, I noticed about 3-4 days ago, but kept thinking it’s probably a bug and it will show up again lol!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I need some new freight brokers that move stuff around stateside. Anyone have some they like that they can introduce me to?

We move full trucks and containers all over the place and we haven't tried hard enough on freight efficiency. I'm pretty sure we could be getting a better deal.

Last edited:

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I need some new freight brokers that move stuff around stateside. Anyone have some they like that they can introduce me to?

We move full trucks and containers all over the place and we haven't tried hard enough on freight efficiency. I'm pretty sure we could be getting a better deal.
Time to vertically integrate. Build a freight forwarding operation.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.