The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Patryk.

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Apr 21, 2022
Poland
If you've heard the expression "I have a bridge to sell you," it comes from the history of a con man in New York who repeatedly "sold" the Brooklyn Bridge to unsuspecting investors.

He pretended to own the bridge (and other property) and sold it - multiple times!

If you think fraud like this doesn't still go own today, even at the highest levels, well... I've got a bridge to sell you.
Somebody told them they need to invest in RE so they did lol
By the way, I have a white house to sell you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Never understood why are influencer platforms so expensive. F*ck them! These are all just hosting websites and they don't even own the influencers like how Hollywood celebs have their own management companies to manage them.

I'm refering to prices like these: Brand Dashboard

A big fat F*ck you to all these platforms including BazaarVoice and Upfluence.
Want the money? Get it from Elon! No one has high 3 or 4 figures to throw away each month

Seems a little harsh. You know you can just decline the offer and NOT spend a bunch of money on influencer marketing if you feel it is a poor value, right? If they had to go lower on price to make this work, market economics says they would. It also says they don’t have to.

Clearly, plenty of companies have “high 3-4 figures” to invest in marketing every month.

Last edited:

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Seems a little harsh. You know you can just decline the offer and NOT spend a bunch of money on influencer marketing if you feel it is a poor value, right? If they had to go lower on price to make this work, market economics says they would. It also says they don’t have to.

Clearly, plenty of companies have “high 3-4 figures” to invest in marketing every month.
That’s a new one… i’ve never heard of a company that doesn’t have $1,000… I mean if you don’t even have that, and you can’t obtain it quickly, imo you’re not a business o_O

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
That’s a new one… i’ve never heard of a company that doesn’t have $1,000… I mean if you don’t even have that, and you can’t obtain it quickly, imo you’re not a business o_O
Well in the case of influencer marketing platforms the alternative is actually free.

The $1000 platforms are clearly not for startups with no money.

They’re to make it easier for big brands and agencies to manage massive campaigns and 1000s of influencers.

If you’re just starting out you don’t need one at all, just find influencers and dm them.

Such a ridiculous thing to complain about @Xeon, complaining you can’t afford a platform that’s literally not designed for your business.

It’s not stopping you from not being able to do influencer campaigns. Even if you could afford it you can’t afford and would have no need to manage 100s of influencers so the platform is useless anyway.

Too lazy to find and dm them? Hire a VA to do it for you.

Quick guide on how to find influencers:
Go to brand pages in your niche, see who they tag in their posts, go to their tagged photos and see who posts about them.

Tap the down arrow next to the follow button and check the related accounts.

Also I bought Influencify lifetime from appsumo for $80, it’s actually really handy. It’s just a scraper. You can find accounts with a certain word in their bio, certain locations, certain follower counts etc.

Quick guide on how to pick influencers:
Pick them based on the quality of the content and how authentic it is, not follower count.

Use the content in paid ads.

Better to have 10 low follower accounts make an authentic piece of content each you can test on paid. Rather than 1 piece from an influencer with a big following.

You can even get people to create content for you and not share it on their socials, just run it on your paid. Now the influencer doesn’t even need to be in your niche, they just need to be able to make good content.

Like anything in business finding and working with influencers takes work and time, not paying for some magic platform.

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Well in the case of influencer marketing platforms the alternative is actually free.

The $1000 platforms are clearly not for startups with no money.

They’re to make it easier for big brands and agencies to manage massive campaigns and 1000s of influencers.

If you’re just starting out you don’t need one at all, just find influencers and dm them.

Such a ridiculous thing to complain about @Xeon, complaining you can’t afford a platform that’s literally not designed for your business.

It’s not stopping you from not being able to do influencer campaigns. Even if you could afford it you can’t afford and would have no need to manage 100s of influencers so the platform is useless anyway.

Too lazy to find and dm them? Hire a VA to do it for you.

Quick guide on how to find influencers:
Go to brand pages in your niche, see who they tag in their posts, go to their tagged photos and see who posts about them.

Tap the down arrow next to the follow button and check the related accounts.

Also I bought Influencify lifetime from appsumo for $80, it’s actually really handy. It’s just a scraper. You can find accounts with a certain word in their bio, certain locations, certain follower counts etc.

Quick guide on how to pick influencers:
Pick them based on the quality of the content and how authentic it is, not follower count.

Use the content in paid ads.

Better to have 10 low follower accounts make an authentic piece of content each you can test on paid. Rather than 1 piece from an influencer with a big following.

You can even get people to create content for you and not share it on their socials, just run it on your paid. Now the influencer doesn’t even need to be in your niche, they just need to be able to make good content.

Like anything in business finding and working with influencers takes work and time, not paying for some magic platform.

To me, the only thing that makes sense when you have a limited budget is paid ads.

You start with a budget of nothing, learn who is actually interested in your products, and find out exactly how much you have to spend before one of those people buys.

Once you get that last part locked down you have a predictable way to scale.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
To me, the only thing that makes sense when you have a limited budget is paid ads.

You start with a budget of nothing, learn who is actually interested in your products, and find out exactly how much you have to spend before one of those people buys.

Once you get that last part locked down you have a predictable way to scale.
I agree

Relying on influencers to drive sales would be a nightmare when it came to trying to scale

If your running paid social though you need content for the ads and that’s where they come in handy

I should probably use the term content creator rather than influencer

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You know how gurus and life coaches say you should go test drive your dream car? And drive through an expensive neighborhood and admire your future dream home? Or put together a vision board of such things?

Another exercise I find valuable are walk through a cemetery while reading headstones.

There's a cemetery 3 blocks from my house and I take leisurely walks through it on occasion. I found it very meditative and a great reminder that I will be dead one day, and that I should always endeavor to life my best life with no regrets.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm a paid ads guy, and tell people to build their business initially by getting out there and building relationships (diesel and coffee).

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida

Keep an eye out for twitter ! Long vids & monetization coming according to elon

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Keep an eye out for twitter ! Long vids & monetization coming according to elon
A problem for me is lack of impressions when publishing to Twitter. I published a video on Twitter with 1,700 followers and it got 30 views. On TikTok with 40 followers it can get thousands of views. It will be interesting to see if reach increases.

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
It's been two days since I put my socks into the family washing machine. I still can't find it and I remember putting it inside. I will have blisters on my feet if I don't wear socks with my leather shoes.

It's the only pair of socks that I have since I never wear one even if it's sneakers. I asked my mother but she suddenly became a brand ambassador of some kind, questioning me the brand of my socks. I only know the color of my socks! It's just black.

Is there an AirTag for laundry? Someone should invent it and market it for both personal uses and commercial laundry.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
It's been two days since I put my socks into the family washing machine. I still can't find it and I remember putting it inside. I will have blisters on my feet if I don't wear socks with my leather shoes.

It's the only pair of socks that I have since I never wear one even if it's sneakers. I asked my mother but she suddenly became a brand ambassador of some kind, questioning me the brand of my socks. I only know the color of my socks! It's just black.

Is there an AirTag for laundry? Someone should invent it and market it for both personal uses and commercial laundry.

I don’t know how to relate to this :wideyed:

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I don’t know how to relate to this :wideyed:
Neither, I did learn something though

I learned that it’s somehow possible to only own 1 pair of socks

Just make sure you put an AirTag on them incase your mum loses them or you’ll get blisters

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

They are gone, it is called the laundry gremlin, and he steals socks and puts them in the pot of gold (which is actually just a pot of socks) with the leprechaun at the end of the rainbow. Best you just go out and get at least TWO extra sets of socks in case it happens again.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
When we buy a pack of 5 pairs of patterned socks, why do they always have to be different colours? I'd prefer them all to be the same so I don't have to match them.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Do teleprompters use speech-to-text to determine where the speaker is in the speech? Do they use a code phrase to pause the teleprompter so the speaker can go "off script"? If not, those would be good features.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Do teleprompters use speech-to-text to determine where the speaker is in the speech? Do they use a code phrase to pause the teleprompter so the speaker can go "off script"? If not, those would be good features.

The ones I use DO NOT, however, what you mention here is indeed a powerful value skew if created.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
What are some actions you guys take to get your good productive habits back after being sick for over a week?

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
What are some actions you guys take to get your good productive habits back after being sick for over a week?

Start with a small, easy daily goal, and build it up over a couple of weeks.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Apparently quilting is a 4 billion + industry and quilt block subscription companies get massive traffic

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
When we buy a pack of 5 pairs of patterned socks, why do they always have to be different colours? I'd prefer them all to be the same so I don't have to match them.
Black on black on Black is the solution. :))

kavala1921

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 6, 2022
You know how gurus and life coaches say you should go test drive your dream car? And drive through an expensive neighborhood and admire your future dream home? Or put together a vision board of such things?

Another exercise I find valuable are walk through a cemetery while reading headstones.

There's a cemetery 3 blocks from my house and I take leisurely walks through it on occasion. I found it very meditative and a great reminder that I will be dead one day, and that I should always endeavor to life my best life with no regrets.
You ever wonder what’s on the other side when we all leave this place?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Some teleprompters know where you are in the speech and can adjust speed or pause accordingly.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Most people are shocked when they find out how bad I am as an electrician.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Some teleprompters know where you are in the speech and can adjust speed or pause accordingly.
I can imagine a mobile app that does this. Might also make a good "Augmented Reality" app for the coming Apple Glasses. Public Speaking will be easy when all you can see is your speech and an empty room.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.