The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
This new "Died Suddenly" movie on rumble about the white fibrous clots coming out of ppl is awful. World Premiere: Died Suddenly
Awful in what way? Terrible quality documentary, or the subject matter and what is happening is awful? I have not watched and I am genuinely curious. All I know is it got like 4 million YouTube views before being scrubbed.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Awful in what way? Terrible quality documentary, or the subject matter and what is happening is awful? I have not watched and I am genuinely curious. All I know is it got like 4 million YouTube views before being scrubbed.
The collection of visual proof from embalmers and the compilation of statistics alone were enough to bring tears to my eyes. But it’s the concept. I didn’t think I’d have to raise kids during war like this. Not like this. It’s too big to believe.

I think today is the anniversary of something else very similar. It’s too awful to comprehend.

"On this day 80 years ago, Rabbi Stephen Wise announced to the world that Hitler had slaughtered 2 million Jews in Auschwitz gas chambers. He was ignored as an extremist.

The New York Times buried the report on page 6.

The US State Department had stonewalled the news for the better part of the year, withholding the intel from Rabbi Wise and even from President Roosevelt. They dismissed it a "wild rumor inspired by Jewish fears."

This documentary is saying that we’re going to see a lot more ppl die. A lot.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Here's an example of the two tiers of justice in the US.

Anyone want to bet these people will do more TIME for tax evasion of millions than SBF will for massive corporate fraud of billions?

he subject matter and what is happening is awful?

Subject matter... it's basically a documentary claiming that the VAX was a massive depopulation ploy by coordinated global powers, like you know, the WEF. A lot of people are "suddenly dying" -- I haven't watched it or do I know if it is just conspiratorial propaganda with little evidence (correlation is not causation), but as you can imagine, YouTube scrubbed and censored it. Just happy to say that the benefit of being a conspiracy theorist, or minimally, a skeptic of media power, is I don't have to deal with myocarditis.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022
Most people are using Gmail nowadays. All email newsletters from companies end up in the users' Promotions tab, and push notifications aren't sent for mail in the promotions tab. You mean people actually login to their email and click the Promotions tab to go through the list of marketing emails from Company X and Y?

That would be like someone sitting down on the couch after a day of work, and the first thing they do, is to switch on the TV and binge watching infomercials.

Sorry, this whole line of thinking relies on assumptions that don't jive with booking $100K in 24 hours.

There's numerous techniques to mitigate ending up on the Promotions tab starting with asking users to whitelist.

1. Most people are using Gmail nowadays.
  2. All email newsletters from companies end up in the users' Promotions tab.
  3. People don't read any email slotted to the Promotions tab.
My two minutes of research:
  • "As of April 2022, Gmail holds 29.5% of the email client market share."
  • My personal experience with constantly adding rules to move emails from Inbox to folders say this is nonsense.
  • Yes, people actually do check the Promotions tab - including me. "The good news is that the Promotions tab isn’t the marketing dead zone that you might fear. About 45% of Gmail users check their Promotions tab daily. Still, it’s understandable if you want to avoid it, especially since open rates are typically higher from the Primary inbox."

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022
Define "best"?

I'd say it depends on where the audience hangs out, who they already follow or buy from, what your skillset is, what your preferences are, what resources you have access to, who you know who can help, etc.

Maybe people search on Google and you can run ads straight to an opt-in page?

Maybe your niche lends itself to short videos? Or maybe longer videos?

Maybe you can create some lead magnet everyone loves and share?

Lots of ways to grow an email list.
Andy's reply points out there's no right way of answering the "grow your list" question. It's 100% about the audience.

Maybe everyone attends my church and we hand out flyers at the ice cream social next weekend. Maybe we put stickers on free ammo giveaways at the next NRA convention. Maybe we hire sexy women to offer free vacation packages to doctors who write prescriptions for highly expensive prescription drugs. All been done.

Marketing is understanding what YOUR audience will do and acting accordingly.

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022
I sold an investment property today to fund a startup. It closed in 43 days from the listing date well above BPO without any seller commissions. Win, win, win, right? Sort of. The last few days have been a nightmare of dealing with 1st time buyers without enough money and a truckload of irrational fears about home ownership and life in general. Probably threw away $50K in net profits vs. selling it to another buyer over the next 60 - 90 days. Closing was iffy and so last minute that I won't even see the funds for four days due to the long holiday.

This was a mediocre deal that I probably should have killed two weeks ago. Instead, I commit to never selling a property to anyone from Boulder again for the rest of my life. The past four weeks of colossal BS are (hopefully) offset by making other things possible that would have taken much longer otherwise.

About every 5 - 10 years, I reluctantly do a deal that is a bad idea. Don't do it. Trust your gut and walk away.

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Awful in what way?
Call me sensitive, but for me it was awful in seeing the bloody specimens of all these gross, rubbery fibrous things that embalmers are pulling out of people's veins that have never been seen before and only started being found in bodies in the last 16-18 months. I had to listen to most of it as a podcast rather than watching because it was too much. Couldn't watch. Probably will have nightmares from it. It starts out with a warning that it's not suitable for children and I agree.

Funny how that needed to be scrubbed from youtube, though.

Funny how nobody is allowed to know this new symptom that embalmers are pulling out of the bodies of people who died suddenly. I mean... it's just gross rubbery stuff in vials, what's the big problem?

G

Guest-5ty5s4

The killer in our midst has been unmasked...yet I don't believe.

Daily Mail is great entertainment, but I wouldn't take anything they post seriously, ESPECIALLY this.

If anything, intermittent fasting just increases the likelihood that you'll eat less, and your arteries will be less full of crap.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

The article states that this is in a study of 40-year-olds or older, so the headline is misleading from the start. In fact, it's inaccurate since it says "your" and I am not over 40. Sure, they're quoting that part, but it is still misleading.

From the actual study, the data about eating habits was self-reported (i.e. highly prone to error).

Whether or not participants were "intermittent fasters" was determined by the number of meals they self-reported having eaten on one 24-hour recall survey (i.e. how many meals they ate yesterday).

And here are some key quotes:

participants eating fewer than three meals per day were more likely to be younger, men, non-Hispanic Black, with less education and lower family income, current smokers, heavy alcohol drinkers, higher physical activity levels, lower total energy intake, and lower diet quality, food insecure, and higher frequency of snacks."

"There are several possible reasons that skipping meals is a probable risk factor of disease and mortality. First, skipping meals was an indicator of the inability to acquire adequate food,"

In other words, those who took the survey who came from poor economic conditions had a higher risk of death. This isn't a matter of "intermittent fasting" it is a matter of poverty, poor diet, and lifestyle choices such as smoking behaviors.

Under strengths and limitations.

"There are also several limitations. First, the measures of eating behaviors were self-reported, which might lead to recall bias. This may bias the results towards the null. Second, the lack of information on sleep such as sleep duration or bedtime makes it impossible to evaluate the role of sleep as a potential confounder for the association between meal patterns and mortality. Third, because only one in-person dietary recall was collected in the 1999-2000, and 2001-2002 cycles, this study used the first recall for all surveys. Fourth, despite the adjustment for a wide range of potential factors that were both related to meal consumption and mortality, there is still a possibility of residual confounding by unmeasured factors, such as neighborhood characteristics, detailed housing condition, or occupational environment. Fifth, this study focused on meal skipping regardless of snack consumption, thus the evidence provided for healthy effects of intermittent fasting is limited."

Based on all of the above...

I'll take my chances.

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
You have a good attitude. My point above really was that unless we talk about objective success, we have no accurate measuring stick for determining effectiveness.

Let’s talk just about self-esteem as an example. You’ll have people like Napoleon Hill, Maxwell Maltz, James Newman arguing that the way to raise it is affirmations and visualization. You’ll then have thousands of people telling you in their case it worked.

Now how can you determine if those practices merely changed their feelings, or actually produced real, measureable results for them?

You need to have an objective criteria. I’m not saying that attaining objective success and being miserable is the goal. My point is that objective success is the only thing we can accurately measure and use as a criteria for our judgements. Many people will claim to be helped by techniques, but unless we see real, physical changes, then it’s hard to determine a link between the two vs it being just placebo or self-deception.
Sure thing we should measure these things objectively.
It's producing small, clear changes in my everyday life .
For example :
I don't have a sales job anymore, just normal warehouse job. I trust my decisions more, I can allow myself to make mistakes and learn from them without falling into self-pity.
This is resulting in overall faster and more quality work, and appearing more decisive and responsible, which has been noted by both myself and my colleagues / boss
I just talk more clearly overall and with good volume (had trouble raising my voice to be properly heard)
I'm less willing to waste my time consuming and on addictions, and can follow my projects and ideas with more conviction. I find that I prefer to create something than to watch videos all day like I did.
More clarity and decisiveness in actions overall
And like I reported, feeling lighter and more solid in the same time.
This is as objective as I can get, since I don't have a sales job to measure performance. But it is enough to prove it for me.
And these are working for me because I needed it.
You may already feel good with yourself, and capable in all the aspects of life enough to not see the point in this

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
You have a good attitude. My point above really was that unless we talk about objective success, we have no accurate measuring stick for determining effectiveness.

Let’s talk just about self-esteem as an example. You’ll have people like Napoleon Hill, Maxwell Maltz, James Newman arguing that the way to raise it is affirmations and visualization. You’ll then have thousands of people telling you in their case it worked.
You are also putting The Six Pillars of self esteem with the likes of think and grow rich.
That's another book I just couldn't get through, full of useless fluff and words.
Nathaniel Branden's work isn't visualizations and positive affirmations.
He's an actual psychotherapist who helped people for years, and made studying self esteem his life purpose.
This is the only book that gave actual, concrete advice and methods, and a correct perspective on confidence from someone who clearly understands the real nature of it

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
You are also putting The Six Pillars of self esteem with the likes of think and grow rich.
That's another book I just couldn't get through, full of useless fluff and words.
Nathaniel Branden's work isn't visualizations and positive affirmations.
He's an actual psychotherapist who helped people for years, and made studying self esteem his life purpose.
This is the only book that gave actual, concrete advice and methods, and a correct perspective on confidence from someone who clearly understands the real nature of it
Just out of curiosity, have you read Psycho-Cybernetics? (asking since it’s also about self-esteem specifically)

If you're asking for my personal opinion on these books...

I think Psycho-Cybernetics, Think & Grow Rich, and 6 Pillars (which I've read but never finished... read until Part III) are good books.

I definitely think psychological techniques can be helpful, but imo their usefulness is more limited than people take them to be.

Here's a good resource on affirmations: Inner Confidence Series: Introduction

(it's written with regards to dating, but imo just as applicable to business)

The problem with all such books imo is that, at least from my observation, they rarely produce lasting physical change - meaning at a non-emotional level.

Psycho-cybernetics is also about self-esteem. It calls it self-image, and advocates the use of visualization and affirmations to improve it. It’s written by a plastic surgeon.

6 Pillars uses sentence completion exercises to get you to think about each of the 6 pillars and improve the components of self-esteem. It’s written by a therapist.

Now the only way I see it to compare them and to see if they truly help or if one helps more is to set some challenge for yourself. Something that’s somewhat outside of what you think you can achieve. Put a deadline to it. And then follow the advice of one of them and see if it works. Then you can try the same with the other.

Just because one was written by a mental health authority and the other one wasn’t isn’t imo sufficient indication to suggest one works and the other doesn’t, OR that Maxwell Maltz doesn’t really understand self-esteem.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

The only way to eat is to eat naturally (hungry, eat. not hungry, don't), not all these strange bizzare diets, "cutting-edge" edgy eating paradigms (Paleo, Carnivore, Vegan, intermittent fasting).

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Remember, communism is the original way to ruin Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Just out of curiosity, have you read Psycho-Cybernetics? (asking since it’s also about self-esteem specifically)
Heard about psychocybernetics and never appealed much to me, but I will check it out
For now Six Pillars is really helping.
Thank you for the discussion!

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I think I am forever done with Samsung phones. I had the old original Galaxy back in like 2012 or whenever that was released, and went through 3 of those phones on returns due to product issues. I have had issues with Samsung printers and TVs, and then I think I had a Galaxy again somewhere around the 5 or so.

Well when the 20+ came out I decided to give them a shot again as it was supposed to have the best camera, which was pretty trash from the start. I swear phone reviewers are all on crack or paid off. That thing took excellent video, I will give it that, but the photo quality was garbage and it could barely even function in low light. My prior Huawei p20 pro blew it out of the water. I was planning on using those Chinese Spy Phones forever due to just how awesome it was, but Canada/USA decided to ban them because China scary (except when we rely on them for 100% of our manufacturing, and non-phone electronics).

Well I was at Costco and decided to just talk to them about the new Pixel phone. That turned into me leaving on a Black Friday sale (haha, Canada doesn't even do USA Thanksgiving) with a brand new phone. I upgraded to the Pixel 7 Pro, for what works out to $756 after taxes spread across 24 billing periods, $200 in Costco Cash cards, and a S20+ I can sell locally for like $300-450 I figure. Not a bad deal. The best part of all is that I am done with that trash Samsung product and I plan on never getting another one.

That is my rant for the morning. I have also been up since 1am because apparently it is impossible to sleep when you have toddlers in the house.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Last edited by a moderator:

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Yesterday, Jack Dorsey was saying how we needed a "web phone" that was just a phone and a browser. Today, Elon Musk said that if the less moderated Twitter app was kicked off the Apple and Google phones, he would build his own phone. I bet that right now, HP is calling them both, wanting to make a deal with the old WebOS they bought from PalmPilot for $1B. Or, someone is working on a de-Googled Android fork. The Google/Apple duopoly might be in danger.

Last edited:

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Never understood why are influencer platforms so expensive. F*ck them! These are all just hosting websites and they don't even own the influencers like how Hollywood celebs have their own management companies to manage them.

I'm refering to prices like these: Brand Dashboard

A big fat F*ck you to all these platforms including BazaarVoice and Upfluence.
Want the money? Get it from Elon! No one has high 3 or 4 figures to throw away each month!

G

Guest-5ty5s4

If you've heard the expression "I have a bridge to sell you," it comes from the history of a con man in New York who repeatedly "sold" the Brooklyn Bridge to unsuspecting investors.

He pretended to own the bridge (and other property) and sold it - multiple times!

If you think fraud like this doesn't still go own today, even at the highest levels, well... I've got a bridge to sell you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.