The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Twitter has more users today than it did a month ago. I’m back on it and so are people who hear in the news how “bad” it is.

Paid blue check mark is brilliant! Sure it can be a “fake” account, but it’ll eliminate anyone so cheap they can’t pay $8. Bots etc. 80/20 rule applies here.

Staff at Twitter will quit and complain… but eventually people who want to be there, will work hard, and culture will change.

Who’s is smug enough to say the old twitter culture was the best for Twitter?

My money is on Elon making something good out of this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
1668873456202.png

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
"Nothing in life is as important as you think it is when you are thinking about it." (Daniel Kahneman, Thinking, Fast and Slow)

Also, that book was hard to read but truly amazing. Highly recommend.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Is there an app to find local gas stations that have free air for tires? I do not drive around with pockets full of quarters!!

Someone make this app.

Give gas stations with free air a free listing. Charge a listing fee for gas stations that do not have free air.

When a gas station does not have free air, note what payment options they have.

Put ads on the app to monetize viewers.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Is there an app to find local gas stations that have free air for tires? I do not drive around with pockets full of quarters!!

Someone make this app.

Give gas stations with free air a free listing. Charge a listing fee for gas stations that do not have free air.

Most stations here have a tap of your credit card option. Where you are sounds like 2008 haha.

These days, nothing is free! Not even air. :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Someone make this app.

Costco has free air machines if you have a membership, and they're the good ones! However, I think anyone can use them, there's no attendant there or anything. Sams Club too perhaps.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Most stations here have a tap of your credit card option. Where you are sounds like 2008 haha.

I think the gas station I use just swapped in a credit card one. It was free before. Other places around here still have quarter machines.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Someone make this app.

When I was in the US for the first time I found it F*cking ridiculous to pay to inflate your tires. I've never seen it anywhere else in the world. But then again, there are many ridiculous things to be found only in the US lol.

@Lex DeVille here's the first article that popped up in Google (I can't access it because the European Union is supposedly going to execute you for a lack of a cookie notice): Where to Find Free Air for Tires

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

Someone make this app.

My air machine is literally my bike pump. That is an insane workout!

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
When I was in the US for the first time I found it F*cking ridiculous to pay to inflate your tires. I've never seen it anywhere else in the world. But then again, there are many ridiculous things to be found only in the US lol.

@Lex DeVille here's the first article that popped up in Google (I can't access it because the European Union is supposedly going to execute you for a lack of a cookie notice): Where to Find Free Air for Tires
I read that article earlier. The problem around here is we don't have a lot of those places. The ones we do have are a half-hour's drive. There's a lot of small mom 'n pop stations still. These would never show up on a blog list like this one.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I have a Craftsman air compressor at home. Someone else brought the quarter problem to my attention, but I've had the problem in the past. Can't imagine pumping a tire with a bike pump. That sounds mental!

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
"Nothing in life is as important as you think it is when you are thinking about it." (Daniel Kahneman, Thinking, Fast and Slow)

Also, that book was hard to read but truly amazing. Highly recommend.
On my soon to read list. Noticed it is a tome but I am interested !

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
I’ve done it more than once. Solid workout.

But we are talking a proper pump, not one of those little ones you attach to the bike. ;)

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I’ve done it more than once. Solid workout.

But we are talking a proper pump, not one of those little ones you attach to the bike. ;)
Zw

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Authoring from Jordan Peterson or The Six Pillars of Self Esteem by Nathaniel Branden.

Jordan Peterson is a drug addicted basket case who cries in public far too often. His books are harry potter philosophy and you shouldn't listen to him.

You'd get more out of reading the Loeb library. The ancient Greeks and Romans figured out everything worth knowing about the human condition millenia ago.

And if you're not ready for that yet, go through the posts of this forum's lawn care extraordinaire. You'll get way more out of those than you would from reading "12 rules for keeping disaffected young men from discovering serious ideas that actually help the world".

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Someone make this app.

I’ve really liked this one. It pumps really fast for a compact.

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022
You're not making as much.png
Watch these 55 minutes if you want to be a millionaire in 2022
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxQIcDrre1E
I paused for a long time to think about this slide (15:38). Not my favorite thing to admit in public, but he's right.

It takes some serious balls to tell someone that to their face. I haven't had someone around to call me out on my own bullshit for a really long time. Or even get me to think about it. That's a huge mistake for an entrepreneur. I need to learn more, apply it and find people to tell me otherwise.

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022
Last edited:

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Jordan Peterson is a drug addicted basket case who cries in public far too often. His books are harry potter philosophy and you shouldn't listen to him.

You'd get more out of reading the Loeb library. The ancient Greeks and Romans figured out everything worth knowing about the human condition millenia ago.

And if you're not ready for that yet, go through the posts of this forum's lawn care extraordinaire. You'll get way more out of those than you would from reading "12 rules for keeping disaffected young men from discovering serious ideas that actually help the world".

humm... Why not listen to JP? I don't agree with everything he is saying, but some of it is right in the money and need to be said, especially in the current climate.

His books are terrible, I would pick going to the dentist over being forced to read them. And yes, he cries too much. Yes, he struggled with addiction. It doesn't take away from the validity of certain of his ideas.

I am glad that young people, especially men, are listening to him rather than drinking the garbage that is being fed to them these days about masculinity. It is not perfect; I would rather have them listen to Ryan Holiday and then pick up books from ancient philosophers. But JP, am glad that he is controversial enough to have such a huge exposure without being too far in the extreme.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Someone make this app.

BTW, if you don't have a portable jump starter and air compressor, get one. This will be the best $100 you've ever spent.

I've used this twice already. Once when my car wouldn't start in the morning and another time when my tire was low on a long road trip. It inflated a really low tire pretty fast and still had 55% battery left. It is set and forget, you set the PSI and turn it on.

These have come a long way. I threw out my old school one from 15 years ago after buying this.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I’ve listened to plenty of jordan Peterson. He says a whole bunch of words and you nod your head or say wow.

And then you walk away 5 minutes later and you have no clue what he said and leave with nothing you can use or take away.

You try to explain to someone what you just learned and you end up saying some nonsense about lobsters.

That’s when you realise how pointless it is listening to him.

Someone share something Jordan has said that you remember and that helped you or changed your life.

Don’t post a link to one of his ramblings, actually write in your own words what he said and how it helped you.

I bet you can’t.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I’ve listened to plenty of jordan Peterson. He says a whole bunch of words and you nod your head or say wow.

And then you walk away 5 minutes later and you have no clue what he said and leave with nothing you can use or take away.

You try to explain to someone what you just learned and you end up saying some nonsense about lobsters.

Someone share something Jordan has said that you remember and that helped you or changed your life.

Don’t post a link to one of his ramblings, actually write in your own words what he said and how it helped you.

I bet you can’t.
Ok I’ll bite.

Stand/sit up straight. Have good posture. Don’t be a curled up wimpy lobster with the life beaten out of it. :rofl:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

I bet you can’t.

Yup. And I'm not just trying to randomly pick fights with forum members. I genuinely believe that JP is poison and that he should be avoided.

Good rule: in clown world, always be skeptical of best-selling authors (though a few are good).

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Yup. And I'm not just trying to randomly pick fights with forum members. I genuinely believe that JP is poison and that he should be avoided.

Good rule: in clown world, always be skeptical of best-selling authors (though a few are good).
I’m not some super fan of JP or anything, but I think you are being a bit hyperbolic. I have enjoyed and agreed with the majority of the stuff he has put out there.

If more people lived by these rules, we would have a lot less useless idiots in the world. I would hardly call him poison.

So my question is why? Why would you consider him poisonous and why would you suggest people avoid him? I’m not fighting you, just genuinely intrigued.

I guess my only issue with him is the whole guru thing. He is telling people how to be fulfilled and happy, but I think I’m probably more fulfilled and happy than he is, so… I generally don’t chase down his content.

Attachments

• 2A5592A9-41FF-476B-8FEB-BA902EE1DAC4.jpeg
    2A5592A9-41FF-476B-8FEB-BA902EE1DAC4.jpeg
    491 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

I bet you can’t.
Don’t let your kids do anything that will make you hate them.

I remember it from his book.

But you do have a point. His work requires a lot of concentration to understand. Full 100% focus is a must. He’s as cerebral as they come.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

You’ll need to elaborate.

I know he’s got drug problems. And he’s a polarizing figure. But I never thought of his work as “poison”.

What examples can you post that made you think that way? (I’m no JP fanboy, to be clear… you just made a bold claim).

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I bet you can’t.
The school shooter bit. Chapter in the 12 rules book. It was really good … basically “why do people (insert horrible action I don’t wanna type out)?”

I found that part very eye opening but I agree it wasn’t “actionable.” Not all reading must be for business though.

The best psychology book I’ve ever ready though was Nathaniel branden’s “6 Pillars of Self Esteem.”

The takeaway for me was that the most important thing for self confidence is living according to your values and standing up for yourself and that every time you do something against your own values, you lose face in your own eyes.

*also, I don’t think it’s fair to say that JBP “has drug problems.” But oh well.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
also, I don’t think it’s fair to say that JBP “has drug problems.” But oh well.
Didn’t he speak to that in his second book? Openly? Seems like he had issues. Maybe still has demons to fight. I wouldn’t give it much thought or judgement, people should judge his work on its own merit.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.