The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

drahz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 24, 2019
Painkillers are one of the greatest inventions of humanity. Their impact on life quality can't be overstated.

I've been having recurrent headaches since forever and my life would be complete hell without ibuprofen. In fact, I can't even imagine what would happen without it. The few times in my life when I waited too long to take it when I had a headache I was literally delirious, writhing in pain and wanting to throw up from the sheer intensity of it.

I don't generally take painkillers for anything else other than a headache but I imagine it must be the same for other people dealing with other recurrent unbearable kinds of pain.

That sucks, did you try to find a reason behind your headaches? It can be very much food-related, some food allergies can trigger severe migraines. One of my family members used to have frequent horrible migraines for years, sometimes lasting multiple days. She slightly changed her diet (her diet is still not perfect) but the frequency and intensity of her headaches went down.

You can eliminate everything and eat only one thing for 3 weeks, find out what has changed, then reintroduce another thing until you find the source of your allergies.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I can't imagine being sent to a Russian penal colony for 9 years in a foreign country where you don't even know the language. I doubt the old Russian gulags allow comfortable living with cushy cots, clean cells, and free time to read your preferred books.

Truly is sad to for this to occur for a low-level infraction. Clearly she's a political pawn and a hostage.

Put yourself in her shoes and it is scary to think about. Nine freaking years, and a high-profile prisoner to boot. One moment you're hooping and living a dream, the next you're in a gulag. Heartbreaking

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
I can't imagine being sent to a Russian penal colony for 9 years in a foreign country where you don't even know the language. I doubt the old Russian gulags allow comfortable living with cushy cots, clean cells, and free time to read your preferred books.

Truly is sad to for this to occur for a low-level infraction. Clearly she's a political pawn and a hostage.

Put yourself in her shoes and it is scary to think about. Nine freaking years, and a high-profile prisoner to boot. One moment you're hooping and living a dream, the next you're in a gulag.

If I were an evil Russian dictator .. I mean president, I would understand the tempting leverage opportunity this holds, but in the long run it won’t be forgotten. Putin during the Obama administration was direct and precise with his intentions. Unfortunately he’s made it clear what his agenda is now. Just a black hole at this point

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Painkillers are one of the greatest inventions of humanity. Their impact on life quality can't be overstated.

I've been having recurrent headaches since forever and my life would be complete hell without ibuprofen. In fact, I can't even imagine what would happen without it. The few times in my life when I waited too long to take it when I had a headache I was literally delirious, writhing in pain and wanting to throw up from the sheer intensity of it.

I don't generally take painkillers for anything else other than a headache but I imagine it must be the same for other people dealing with other recurrent unbearable kinds of pain.
Have you figured out the cause of your headaches? This is a very important topic to me because I have also had constant headaches for some time now.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
G

Guest-5ty5s4

There was a relatively recent thread on here where entrepreneurs shared the most entrepreneur-friendly cities and countries.

At least I think that thread exists. If so someone please drop the link.
Not sure about the thread but you can check the economic freedom rankings:

I would temper that with a few other rankings though, because economic freedom is not the only thing you would want to consider before moving somewhere. Also consider other local factors... For example, "country" might not tell you much since many countries have distinct states, provinces or territories that vary dramatically. So a country might rank high or low but then a state or province within that country might be perfect for you (or terrible)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
That sucks, did you try to find a reason behind your headaches? It can be very much food-related, some food allergies can trigger severe migraines. One of my family members used to have frequent horrible migraines for years, sometimes lasting multiple days. She slightly changed her diet (her diet is still not perfect) but the frequency and intensity of her headaches went down.

You can eliminate everything and eat only one thing for 3 weeks, find out what has changed, then reintroduce another thing until you find the source of your allergies.

I've had these headaches since I was a kid and they seem to be inherited. My mom has them as well and my sister, too.

I actually changed my diet a few times throughout my life and nothing food-wise had an impact on it. When I fasted, I also had a terrible headache (one of the worst in my life) but that was probably because of a lack of electrolytes.

Have you figured out the cause of your headaches? This is a very important topic to me because I have also had constant headaches for some time now.

Unfortunately not. Like I said above, I've had them since I was a kid. I've only identified a few things that may contribute to the headaches:
  • Changing weather. This sounds like bullshit, I know. But I often have headaches when the weather changes, for example from sunny and warm to cloudy and rainy. This is most likely related to changing air pressure. When I have these headaches, my mom often has them at the same or similar time as well.
  • Stress and tension, particularly held in the jaw, may produce a headache. I had a dentist appointment today morning and had to tense my jaw a lot (plus the sound of the ultrasonic scaler was pain-inducing already). Later I had a terrible headache.
  • Strong smells. I once had a crazy painful headache after my barber put on some strong kind of beard oil on my beard. Since then I ask them not to use anything on my beard.
  • If I have a slight headache, a demanding workout that gets my heart pumping very fast will exacerbate it to such an extent that a painkiller will be necessary. This would be related to blood pressure I imagine.
  • If I have a headache, getting up or moving my head makes it worse. Again, changing blood pressure.
  • I started training MMA early this year. When I get hit in the head, even very lightly, a headache is possible, too. My coach said that some people are more sensitive to blows.
It seems like in general my head is very sensitive to everything: changing air pressure, stress, smells, sounds, etc.

An important point about changing weather - I have fewer headaches during the summer and way, way more between fall and spring.

When I lived on Barbados for over 5 months (with super stable sunny and warm weather every day), I had, as far as I remember, just three headaches. Three headaches in over 5 months! That's like nothing. Probably what an average person experiences who doesn't have recurrent headaches.

And here I am with my second headache this week only. Now, this isn't typical but I'd say that outside of the summer I usually have up to a few headaches a month. So if I had three headaches in almost 6 months back then, then for sure the weather has a huge impact on it.

At least in my case over-the-counter ibuprofen works.

If headaches are a new thing for you then I guess that's something you can probably treat. Maybe they're caused by neck tension? Maybe something with your eyes? Maybe sinuses? What kind of a headache do you have? Where is it located?

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I've had these headaches since I was a kid and they seem to be inherited. My mom has them as well and my sister, too.

I actually changed my diet a few times throughout my life and nothing food-wise had an impact on it. When I fasted, I also had a terrible headache (one of the worst in my life) but that was probably because of a lack of electrolytes.

Unfortunately not. Like I said above, I've had them since I was a kid. I've only identified a few things that may contribute to the headaches:
  • Changing weather. This sounds like bullshit, I know. But I often have headaches when the weather changes, for example from sunny and warm to cloudy and rainy. This is most likely related to changing air pressure. When I have these headaches, my mom often has them at the same or similar time as well.
  • Stress and tension, particularly held in the jaw, may produce a headache. I had a dentist appointment today morning and had to tense my jaw a lot (plus the sound of the ultrasonic scaler was pain-inducing already). Later I had a terrible headache.
  • Strong smells. I once had a crazy painful headache after my barber put on some strong kind of beard oil on my beard. Since then I ask them not to use anything on my beard.
  • If I have a slight headache, a demanding workout that gets my heart pumping very fast will exacerbate it to such an extent that a painkiller will be necessary. This would be related to blood pressure I imagine.
  • If I have a headache, getting up or moving my head makes it worse. Again, changing blood pressure.
  • I started training MMA early this year. When I get hit in the head, even very lightly, a headache is possible, too. My coach said that some people are more sensitive to blows.
It seems like in general my head is very sensitive to everything: changing air pressure, stress, smells, sounds, etc.

An important point about changing weather - I have fewer headaches during the summer and way, way more between fall and spring.

When I lived on Barbados for over 5 months (with super stable sunny and warm weather every day), I had, as far as I remember, just three headaches. Three headaches in over 5 months! That's like nothing. Probably what an average person experiences who doesn't have recurrent headaches.

And here I am with my second headache this week only. Now, this isn't typical but I'd say that outside of the summer I usually have up to a few headaches a month. So if I had three headaches in almost 6 months back then, then for sure the weather has a huge impact on it.

At least in my case over-the-counter ibuprofen works.

If headaches are a new thing for you then I guess that's something you can probably treat. Maybe they're caused by neck tension? Maybe something with your eyes? Maybe sinuses? What kind of a headache do you have? Where is it located?
Have you ever had an MRI? I don't want to scare you, but it sounds like you might have something similar to me. I had an arachnoid cyst. Apparently many people have them and don't know they do, and most of the time there's nothing to do about it - they're usually present since birth. Doctors say they are "asymptomatic" but people who have them tend to disagree (the pressure tends to cause symptoms).

I had surgery on my head for it, and now I take daily medicine for migraines.

Of course, it could be many other things that are way less bothersome.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Have you ever had an MRI? I don't want to scare you, but it sounds like you might have something similar to me. I had an arachnoid cyst. Apparently many people have them and don't know they do, and most of the time there's nothing to do about it - they're usually present since birth. Doctors say they are "asymptomatic" but people who have them tend to disagree (the pressure tends to cause symptoms).

I had surgery on my head for it, and now I take daily medicine for migraines.

Of course, it could be many other things that are way less bothersome.

Nope, never had it. But I'd rather have these headaches than have a surgery, that's for sure.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Nope, never had it. But I'd rather have these headaches than have a surgery, that's for sure.
Get yourself checked out.

I don’t mean to scare you, but depending on severity of these headaches an aneurysm can mean fix that shit or die if it ruptures. They fill them with tiny titanium coils now from an incision in your leg. It’s not your grandpa’s brain surgery anymore. You walk out fine.

My stepdad is a retired stroke and aneurysm doc. I’ve heard him say, “if you have chronic bad headaches get checked out just in case.”

It would almost be a good thing to find something now, because it would stop the headaches and prevent crap later.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Get yourself checked out.

I don’t mean to scare you, but depending on severity of these headaches an aneurysm can mean fix that shit or die if it ruptures. They fill them with tiny titanium coils now from an incision in your leg. It’s not your grandpa’s brain surgery anymore. You walk out fine.

My stepdad is a retired stroke and aneurysm doc. I’ve heard him say, “if you have chronic bad headaches get checked out just in case.”

It would almost be a good thing to find something now, because it would stop the headaches and prevent crap later.

Do I go to a regular doctor or is there a specific one for stuff like that? Like a neurologist or someone like that?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Do I go to a regular doctor or is there a specific one for stuff like that? Like a neurologist or someone like that?
If you could hand pick someone perfect it would be a neurointerventional neuroradiologist.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Scary, scary stuff. . . one or two degrees away from Black Mirror.
Yeah. I can imagine this getting out of hand pretty quick. Especially when the bad actors get hold of this stuff... if they haven't already.

There's an interesting TikTok account where a AI/bot avatar and AI/bot voice explains AI.

Here's one of the videos:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I had headaches for years in my youth. They were similar to when I I now dont drink my coffee. Is there s a connection to coffee or similar?
Sure you have checked that!

I feel with you!

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Fun fact:

Founding father of J.P. Morgan - John Pierpont Morgan, was delivered a piece of paper by Andrew Carnegie - founder of Carnegie Steel in 1901. The paper listed a price Carnegie was willing to sell his company for - $480m (back in 1901). Morgan said yes at the first glance of the paper. Upon celebrating the deal with Morgan, Carnegie said he should’ve asked for $100m more. Morgan’s reply? “If you had, I would’ve paid it.”

If you haven’t read about Morgan, I highly recommend you do. The amount of power he had was quite scary. His business discipline was unmatched.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I had headaches for years in my youth. They were similar to when I I now dont drink my coffee. Is there s a connection to coffee or similar?
Sure you have checked that!

I feel with you!

I never drank coffee as a habit (only drank it maybe 10-20 times in my life or so) and quit tea and caffeine in general two years ago. The headaches are since forever so no relationship here.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Fun fact:

Founding father of J.P. Morgan - John Pierpont Morgan, was delivered a piece of paper by Andrew Carnegie - founder of Carnegie Steel in 1901. The paper listed a price Carnegie was willing to sell his company for - $480m (back in 1901). Morgan said yes at the first glance of the paper. Upon celebrating the deal with Morgan, Carnegie said he should’ve asked for $100m more. Morgan’s reply? “If you had, I would’ve paid it.”

If you haven’t read about Morgan, I highly recommend you do. The amount of power he had was quite scary. His business discipline was unmatched.

Are there any biographies in particular you would recommend?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018
"When I write an advertisement, I don’t want you to tell me that you find it ‘creative.’ I want you to find it so interesting that you buy the product. When Aeschines spoke, they said, ‘How well he speaks.’ But when Demosthenes spoke, they said, ‘Let us march against Philip.’" (David Ogilvy, Ogilvy on Advertising)

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
406%
Apr 16, 2019
All you need to know is he’s just another WEF puppet. With London being the financial capital, it seems quite fitting CBDC will be test run in the UK, most likely offered as a ‘solution’ to the cost of living crisis.

What Mr Sunak fails to mention in this video about CBDC’s, is the programmable smart contracts to control how people spend their money, ‘living tokens’ and ability to freeze one’s digital currency wallet if they step out of line.

One step closer to a social credit system for the West.

Ff23uWcWQAIFuV0

The benevolent government finally gives in to the people's demands for Universal Basic Income. Hurray!

All you need is famine and people will start begging for it.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
How often do you guys upgrade your laptops?

There was a conversation on smartphones but I don't really use my smartphone much and vastly prefer doing everything on my laptop.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

There was a conversation on smartphones but I don't really use my smartphone much and vastly prefer doing everything on my laptop.
Not nearly as often. IMO the tech doesn’t seem to change as fast. A computer, to me, is more like an appliance now than a piece of tech.

Since I bought an ASUS laptop that can run a 4K screen and do everything I need it to quickly, I haven’t felt the need to upgrade. I think it has a 10th Gen i7, 16 gigs of Ram and a 3070 GPU. A good GPU was important to running the 4K screen or having multiple monitors.

I also have a windows tablet that I travel with. It’s a lightweight. I think it has 8 gigs of Ram and a pentium or something. It’s brand new though and it’s snappy on light stuff like email.

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018

Every 2 years I get something way overpriced for peace of mind.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
The New York Post's twitter account has been hacked, and possibly re-hacked. It's been going on all day. I wonder if it is a "hack" as a response to Musk purchasing Twitter.

Edit: Their website is also hacked.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7xrJu1BAjs

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!