The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
so I'm sure that everyone saw that a new current thing just dropped

remember, the point of all current things is to divide people and make them miserable

F*ck the current thing - ignore it and keep winning

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México

remember, the point of all current things is to divide people and make them miserable

Too true man.

To quote @Mike Partee : "Quit Social, Get Rich, Build a Castle in the Mountains. Back to work assholes."

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

Lol no I didn't and probably won't understand this reference for at least a few weeks. But I agree, screw the current thing.

On a happier note I took my son on his first ever ride with me using the "shotgun seat". Fun was had by all.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
i spent the day on an organic regenerative farm yesterday learning about farming and our food and what it does to us. The food and farming industry is worse than I thought and I didn’t exactly think it was any less than terrible already.

I’ve been thinking about having some land and a bit of a farm for a while now, I guess everyone is at the moment it’s a massive trend, but to see someone who’s done it and to visit one first hand made it a lot more real. Very cool and motivating to see. Kind of like when you see a lambo or nice house in person.

The owner is very fastlane too, the farm was a second place as a tax write off that, definitely not a main income source, just a hobby to feed themselves and friends and family. They also have a few gardens on the land where they’ve just let their friends use the land and plant their own gardens. What a life.

Also as a side note from the nutrition education part of what we did.

I know there’s some vegans on here, I’m not going to suggest you change your lifestyle because you wouldn’t anyway but I would seriously consider what you are actually eating.

A lot of this vegan stuff is just lab made rubbish, the furtherest thing you could be from healthy.

All these seed oil bill gates microplastic fake meats and fake cheeses. They aren’t good for you and you certainly aren’t saving the environment or animals by eating them.

Just stick to organic veges and prepare them correctly.

Wheat is terrible too, sourdough bread is ok but most wheat and bread is gmo and full of yeast to make it rise in an hour.

Non organic veges are full of chemicals that kill your gut bacteria and then they even treat supermarket veges to make them last longer by killing all the bacteria on them, but you need this bacteria.

I did a cleanse recently and felt amazing, almost like wow this is how I should feel all the time, I’ve been on holiday this week and eating regular food and I felt like shit almost instantly again. It will make a difference in your life. Gut and joint issues can disappear too.

You don’t have to go too extreme and I don’t care what anyone does but it really is something to look at and consider. These farms and food industries and fake vegan meats are designed to make as much money as possible, they do not care if you are healthy, in fact the way some things are done and when you look at things like raw milk being banned it’s almost like their goal is actually to make sure you are unhealthy.

There is a big agenda pushing people to become vegan because the food is so much cheaper and easier to make than meat, it has nothing to do with health.

Being unscripted to me is to get off the big pharma, the big food, big dairy, monoculture gmo Monsanto farming and start shopping local and organic. Get out of their system and script completely, stop feeding their beast. I would love to have a farm and get out of everything entirely, become self sufficient.

Last edited:

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
i spent the day on an organic regenerative farm yesterday learning about farming and our food and what it does to us. The food and farming industry is worse than I thought and I didn’t exactly think it was any less than terrible already.

I’ve been thinking about having some land and a bit of a farm for a while now, I guess everyone is at the moment it’s a massive trend, but to see someone who’s done it and to visit one first hand made it a lot more real. Very cool and motivating to see. Kind of like when you see a lambo or nice house in person.

The owner is very fastlane too, the farm was a second place as a tax write off that, definitely not a main income source, just a hobby to feed themselves and friends and family. They also have a few gardens on the land where they’ve just let their friends use the land and plant their own gardens. What a life.

Also as a side note from the nutrition education part of what we did.

I know there’s some vegans on here, I’m not going to suggest you change your lifestyle because you wouldn’t anyway but I would seriously consider what you are actually eating.

A lot of this vegan stuff is just lab made rubbish, the furtherest thing you could be from healthy.

All these seed oil bill gates microplastic fake meats and fake cheeses. They aren’t good for you and you certainly aren’t saving the environment or animals by eating them.

Just stick to organic veges and prepare them correctly.

Wheat is terrible too, sourdough bread is ok but most wheat and bread is gmo and full of yeast to make it rise in an hour.

Non organic veges are full of chemicals that kill your gut bacteria and then they even treat supermarket veges to make them last longer by killing all the bacteria on them, but you need this bacteria.

I did a cleanse recently and felt amazing, almost like wow this is how I should feel all the time, I’ve been on holiday this week and eating regular food and I felt like shit almost instantly again. It will make a difference in your life. Gut and joint issues can disappear too.

You don’t have to go too extreme and I don’t care what anyone does but it really is something to look at and consider. These farms and food industries and fake vegan meats are designed to make as much money as possible, they do not care if you are healthy, in fact the way some things are done and when you look at things like raw milk being banned it’s almost like their goal is actually to make sure you are unhealthy.

There is a big agenda pushing people to become vegan because the food is so much cheaper and easier to make than meat, it has nothing to do with health.

Being unscripted to me is to get off the big pharma, the big food, big dairy, monoculture gmo Monsanto farming and start shopping local and organic. Get out of their system and script completely, stop feeding their beast. I would love to have a farm and get out of everything entirely, become self sufficient.
Yeah now we are taking. Sir your last line describes what i have to do in my life "be self fking sufficient". I think we can build community where we can grow food of our own and other resources. India used to be a place where villages were almost self sufficient. But now its ruined just like any other country.
The food we eat definitely affects us but not immediately, that why most of the people ignore it. And when they do get sick, depressed or anything else related to health they blame just about anything but food. Everyone should understand that the trash we are eating( i am not taking about junk, lets not get into tht shit) will eventually lead us to terrible consequences. Besides what do you why so many people are getting diabetes, depression, heart disease etc.
India had tremendous amount of variants of food plants but almost all of them are now replaced with 1 or 2 gmo.
what did you actually do in cleansing yourself, please tell?
And yeah we will surely build a self sufficient community one day..

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

These farms and food industries and fake vegan meats are designed to make as much money as possible, they do not care if you are healthy, in fact the way some things are done and when you look at things like raw milk being banned it’s almost like their goal is actually to make sure you are unhealthy.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
So much of what we now call the "first world" was once small family farms and plantations. We could have built on top of that, but instead we let ourselves be diverted by increasingly "modern" chemical-factory farming, in horticulture and husbandry both. Not to mention clear-cutting and monoculture cancer. We tore up the foundation, poured gas on it and struck a match, and now we're supposed to pretend the floor's not on fire. I wish more people would take an interest in basic production, and responsible stewardship of the land.

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
So much of what we now call the "first world" was once small family farms and plantations. We could have built on top of that, but instead we let ourselves be diverted by increasingly "modern" chemical-factory farming, in horticulture and husbandry both. Not to mention clear-cutting and monoculture cancer. We tore up the foundation, poured gas on it and struck a match, and now we're supposed to pretend the floor's not on fire. I wish more people would take an interest in basic production, and responsible stewardship of the land.
Yes we can but first we need to Unscript more people and increase our reach. This modern thing is destroying us and for now we cant do much about it.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
The interesting thing with the regenerative farming methods was how much better and healthier the plants were, it made it seem so ridiculously stupid to do things the way they are doing now, you literally get worse results.

I’m not sure if Tai Lopez does regenerative farming, I don’t think so, but I know he’s all organic and has Amish people run some of his farms so very old school. I remember him saying he’s getting better yields than these chemical gmo modern farms, which was exactly what those methods of farming were designed to optimise for.

@Aditya Gunjal the cleanse I did was focused around killing parasites and bad bacteria and then restoring good bacteria. 2 weeks killing bad, 2 weeks feeding good. The main thing was no sugars, no root veges, only fruit was green apples, very little carbs. I basically just ate pumpkin, broccoli, green apples and a lot of eggs and meat. There was supplements in the first 2 weeks that helped the killing part which was rough, then the second 2 weeks was things like probiotics to feed good bacteria. Now I just eat very similar to how I did then because I felt good. Lots of eggs and avocado, some organic fruit, organic veges and a lot of grass fed beef, including organ and testicle mince for nutrients.

I follow this Instagram page and a lot of what they talk about makes a lot of sense to me so I’ve been eating similar to what they promote.

Last edited:

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

I have no idea what the current thing is.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
edited

Last edited:

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022
At least he’s starting to learn the basics. Most people don’t even know they pay any taxes, because they are taken straight out of their paychecks.
And that's *really* the important bit. Knowledge. Learning how to make money and learning how to keep it are equally important. It's much easier to become wealthy by not handing over a big chunk of income to the government.

Whenever I ask someone who complains about high taxes: "How much time have you spent learning how to reduce taxes?", it's always dead silence. I'm only familiar with minimizing US taxes, but am reasonably sure from talking with other Canadian entrepreneurs that there's numerous ways to accomplish the same thing. Earning money as a salaried employee (W2 income) is the worst possible approach when it comes to taxation.

One of my good friends banked $1M in salaried compensation last year. Only W2 person I know making that much. He'll pay 45% - 55% in overall taxes. Maybe a bit more. He's one of the smartest people I know, but an idiot when it comes to keeping his money out of the government's hands. He relies on advice from W2 earning tax planners who are also idiots.

Another friend is a real estate investor with far more than $1M in equity. None of which is taxable until the properties are sold. He can borrow against the equity and pay 0% taxes on the cash taken out because it's not considered income. It's a loan. There's depreciation to offset positive cashflow (earnings) from other investments. There's tax free 1031 Exchanges into larger investment properties. And so on.

Most CPAs know little that's really helpful. Search Amazon for "tax loopholes" and go from there.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

And that's *really* the important bit. Knowledge. Learning how to make money and learning how to keep it are equally important. It's much easier to become wealthy by not handing over a big chunk of income to the government.

Whenever I ask someone who complains about high taxes: "How much time have you spent learning how to reduce taxes?", it's always dead silence. I'm only familiar with minimizing US taxes, but am reasonably sure from talking with other Canadian entrepreneurs that there's numerous ways to accomplish the same thing. Earning money as a salaried employee (W2 income) is the worst possible approach when it comes to taxation.

One of my good friends banked $1M in salaried compensation last year. Only W2 person I know making that much. He'll pay 45% - 55% in overall taxes. Maybe a bit more. He's one of the smartest people I know, but an idiot when it comes to keeping his money out of the government's hands. He relies on advice from W2 earning tax planners who are also idiots.

Another friend is a real estate investor with far more than $1M in equity. None of which is taxable until the properties are sold. He can borrow against the equity and pay 0% taxes on the cash taken out because it's not considered income. It's a loan. There's depreciation to offset positive cashflow (earnings) from other investments. There's tax free 1031 Exchanges into larger investment properties. And so on.

Most CPAs know little that's really helpful. Search Amazon for "tax loopholes" and go from there.
It's complicated. We have a corp that had 200+ employees at max (Trump years) but is currently like 100. My personal business is just a single-member LLC. I forget about my LLC sales taxes all the time (often due to no sales - also have rental income), and have to pay late fees, which suck. Trying to get better at that, but it's tough to juggle so many things. Calculating the sales taxes for different counties can be complicated. Online sales tax too.

Filing the C-corp payroll taxes is really the worst, with the FIT withholding and FICA, but we have a system for that created long before I was born, which makes it easy. Good luck to any new entrepreneurs, lol! Government makes business feel impossible for the little guy.

Tax and regulation are just another barrier to entry that gets higher and higher every year, until it collapses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Anyone dealt with a patological narcissist as of late? I was unaware and got in some business “colaboration” with one, really it has been a horrible experience. It really seems like these people feel they are right in manipulating you with guilt and stuff. Even worst at first everything is great and they promise the world and so and almost deliver on it, but then after you are comited they show their true colors and the endless bullshit begin. They suck the joy out of your life like harry potter dementors or something. You know, that type of "people that you can't share good news with" cause they have to tell you about their own much better good news or how your news aren't really that good anyway, just sick people. Empatic people should be much more aware of this tipes of borderline psicopatic personalities, you can even be related by blood to them such as my case. Boy I'm happy my eyes are open thought. My quality of life is about to improve significantly after adressing this I hope.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
FWP1adrX0AEbbYu

Actionfaker

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 12, 2020
NL
Anyone here make homemade mayonnaise? I rarely eat it, but I do use it with tuna.
I made some a while ago while trying some keto and turns out it's actually really easy (thought it was very complicated for some reason), just use some egg, lemon juice and oil, other ingredients if you want.. Supposedly olive oil isn't the best for it as you need an oil with a more neutral flavour... You could use a more processed olive oil and I guess that would still be a lot healthier than what you get in the store, but something like avocado oil might be better; although then it's a lot more expensive so depends what you're looking for.
I think most of your post is spot on and the post about the vegan stuff might actually be helpful to some (I'll admit that was me a few years ago thinking oh it's not meat so It's healthier), but do find it's interesting how there seems to be some kind of cock swinging competition about what foods you put into your body ,even here where people seem very smart and successful mostly. From the vegans' point of view I can kind of see how it can be hard to separate the health aspects from something that you feel so strongly about from a moral perspective, leading to some crazy statements sometimes like eating any animal foods will immediately lead to cancer, but it's funny to see the other side as well where people feel they have to defend themselves against what people who don't eat meat might think (?) and claim veganism must be extremely unhealthy because of some highly processed foods or something.
Idk, I'm interested in this stuff and just started learning about it not too long ago myself but think for health it must be better to include animal foods, at least in theory as you could just include however much or little as is optimal, but think both could easily be very healthy. Eating vegan, it might be easier to run into some deficiencies, but at the same time you'll be more likely to eat more vegetables and there will be more crap you'll be avoiding.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Anyone dealt with a patological narcissist as of late? I was unaware and got in some business “colaboration” with one, really it has been a horrible experience. It really seems like these people feel they are right in manipulating you with guilt and stuff. Even worst at first everything is great and they promise the world and so and almost deliver on it, but then after you are comited they show their true colors and the endless bullshit begin. They suck the joy out of your life like harry potter dementors or something. You know, that type of "people that you can't share good news with" cause they have to tell you about their own much better good news or how your news aren't really that good anyway, just sick people. Empatic people should be much more aware of this tipes of borderline psicopatic personalities, you can even be related by blood to them such as my case. Boy I'm happy my eyes are open thought. My quality of life is about to improve significantly after adressing this I hope.

Yes. I had a potential investor like that. We met, he was excellent all around, showered me with compliments and basically manipulated the meetings but I wasn't fully attune to this yet. I am no spring chicken by now, so there had been this this nagging feeling I couldn't shake that something wasn't quite right.

One meeting turned into 10, all excellent. Except the time to fund my deals was closing in fast and I I wasn't getting a firm commitment. I've danced with a few titans in the past and know that ignoring gut feelings is a bad idea. Instead, test assumptions!

This guy was supposed to invest with me mid-8 figures! Let that sink in for a moment. We are talking this deal for me being the largest deal I've ever put together by a factor of 5x from my 2nd largest. I wanted it really very much to come together and I was clinging to hope. Except for my gut feeling...

I called the next meeting and did the unthinkable, I forced commitment. It was a "shit or get off the pot" moment and all hell broke loose. How did I do it? I had my lawyers draft all the paperwork and come in with papers to sign. The guy blew up, like a powder keg on fire. There was name calling, pressure tactics, you name it - it was there. The weirdest meeting I've had in my business life - ever. Bottom line, he said that my structure doesn't work for him to the point of him walking away unless I reduced my company's compensation. I said "thank you for letting me know, this part of compensation is how I make my profits, it has been disclosed from day 1 and is not negotiable. It is also industry standard. I am glad we cleared it now while I still have other options, as my deadlines are pressing me to pick an investor". To which he said "I don't want you to have other options, I want you to deal with me"

I realized that I managed to disrupt his flow and let me show his true colours. The meeting was long, and in the end I said I'd get back to him. Two days later I wrote him a note rejecting his investment. He then went behind me to my other investors trying to collude! To my face he apologized for his behaviour and concurrently told me I was not a man of my word for not honouring him as investor because he thought he had a deal. He was even willing now to accept my terms. I still said "not this time, maybe in the future, thank you". I was polite and measured at all times.

The reason I kept saying "No" was because of the personality type. I now knew this individual would F*ck me the moment he had an opportunity. Trust was gone. These kinds of people cannot be controlled by legal paperwork or anything for that matter. They are to be avoided.

Fast forward to 6 months later... and life is better. Serendipitously I found a family office who took his spot and has even deeper pockets. Life has a way or working itself out, just listen to your gut.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
We are talking this deal for me being the largest deal I've ever put together by a factor of 5x from my 2nd largest. I wanted it really very much to come together and I was clinging to hope. Except for my gut feeling...

To which he said "I don't want you to have other options, I want you to deal with me"

That sounds like the real thing. At first it will be so great for everybody and he will help you improve your life so much. In the end they carve a position where they have leverage and control over you. Such as you not dealing with anybody else, total dependence on them is what they want.
Happy to hear you dodge that. Same as you I want this person out of my life ASP. Perhaps many business parternship faliures could be avoided with more awareness of the narcisisst type and the evil tricks.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
What does everyone use as a password manager? I am currently using LastPass and have it on like 3 computers and a phone. However, renewal is coming up and it has been bothering me for a while I. I want to switch to something else before I pay for another year.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
What does everyone use as a password manager? I am currently using LastPass and have it on like 3 computers and a phone. However, renewal is coming up and it has been bothering me for a while I. I want to switch to something else before I pay for another year.
I like 1password

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I see a lot of half-built houses for sale. I don't know if that is intentional, or the original buyer (or builder) ran out of money. Usually the exterior is complete, but the interior is not. Here is one in Maine.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I made some a while ago while trying some keto and turns out it's actually really easy (thought it was very complicated for some reason), just use some egg, lemon juice and oil, other ingredients if you want.. Supposedly olive oil isn't the best for it as you need an oil with a more neutral flavour... You could use a more processed olive oil and I guess that would still be a lot healthier than what you get in the store, but something like avocado oil might be better; although then it's a lot more expensive so depends what you're looking for.

I think most of your post is spot on and the post about the vegan stuff might actually be helpful to some (I'll admit that was me a few years ago thinking oh it's not meat so It's healthier), but do find it's interesting how there seems to be some kind of cock swinging competition about what foods you put into your body ,even here where people seem very smart and successful mostly. From the vegans' point of view I can kind of see how it can be hard to separate the health aspects from something that you feel so strongly about from a moral perspective, leading to some crazy statements sometimes like eating any animal foods will immediately lead to cancer, but it's funny to see the other side as well where people feel they have to defend themselves against what people who don't eat meat might think (?) and claim veganism must be extremely unhealthy because of some highly processed foods or something.
Idk, I'm interested in this stuff and just started learning about it not too long ago myself but think for health it must be better to include animal foods, at least in theory as you could just include however much or little as is optimal, but think both could easily be very healthy. Eating vegan, it might be easier to run into some deficiencies, but at the same time you'll be more likely to eat more vegetables and there will be more crap you'll be avoiding.
The point was simply exactly what you said, it’s easy to get caught in the trap of thinking because something is vegan it’s healthy and good for the environment, but if you take a step back and dig a little deeper, a lot of it is the total opposite.

It’s not me defending myself against what they might think, or saying it’s unhealthy to be vegan, maybe it came across that way because I singled out vegans, but that’s only because I know they already care about their diet and environment but are often being led astray by the food industry. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with being vegan.

It wasn’t meant to be a cockswinging competition either, I would assume most people on this forum are interested in being healthier and can afford to eat better, so I think it’s something worth talking about. But I guess conversations about diet are almost on par with politics these days. Eating organic natural food shouldn’t be all that controversial of an idea though.

Last edited:

Actionfaker

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 12, 2020
NL
The point was simply exactly what you said, it’s easy to get caught in the trap of thinking because something is vegan it’s healthy and good for the environment, but if you take a step back and dig a little deeper, a lot of it is the total opposite.

It’s not me defending myself against what they might think, or saying it’s unhealthy to be vegan, maybe it came across that way because I singled out vegans, but that’s only because I know they already care about their diet and environment but are often being led astray by the food industry. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with being vegan.

It wasn’t meant to be a cockswinging competition either, I would assume most people on this forum are interested in being healthier and can afford to eat better, so I think it’s something worth talking about. But I guess conversations about diet are almost on par with politics these days. Eating organic natural food shouldn’t be all that controversial of an idea though.
Yeah fair enough, guess we're on the same page then. Like I said, I thought your post was excellent but the part about the vegan stuff didn't seem very accurate, as if a vegan were to tell a meat eater that they just had a look at how a meat lover's pizza was made/sourced and therefore concluded eating meat is very unhealthy. Don't know, maybe I misread it.

You're right about this mismarketing I think. Here they have this nutriscore and it seems like often whole organic foods get a C or something while things which are full of processed unhealthy stuff get an A.

eramart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 31, 2015
Moscow, Russia
Yes. I had a potential investor like that. We met, he was excellent all around, showered me with compliments and basically manipulated the meetings but I wasn't fully attune to this yet. I am no spring chicken by now, so there had been this this nagging feeling I couldn't shake that something wasn't quite right.

One meeting turned into 10, all excellent. Except the time to fund my deals was closing in fast and I I wasn't getting a firm commitment. I've danced with a few titans in the past and know that ignoring gut feelings is a bad idea. Instead, test assumptions!

This guy was supposed to invest with me mid-8 figures! Let that sink in for a moment. We are talking this deal for me being the largest deal I've ever put together by a factor of 5x from my 2nd largest. I wanted it really very much to come together and I was clinging to hope. Except for my gut feeling...

I called the next meeting and did the unthinkable, I forced commitment. It was a "shit or get off the pot" moment and all hell broke loose. How did I do it? I had my lawyers draft all the paperwork and come in with papers to sign. The guy blew up, like a powder keg on fire. There was name calling, pressure tactics, you name it - it was there. The weirdest meeting I've had in my business life - ever. Bottom line, he said that my structure doesn't work for him to the point of him walking away unless I reduced my company's compensation. I said "thank you for letting me know, this part of compensation is how I make my profits, it has been disclosed from day 1 and is not negotiable. It is also industry standard. I am glad we cleared it now while I still have other options, as my deadlines are pressing me to pick an investor". To which he said "I don't want you to have other options, I want you to deal with me"

I realized that I managed to disrupt his flow and let me show his true colours. The meeting was long, and in the end I said I'd get back to him. Two days later I wrote him a note rejecting his investment. He then went behind me to my other investors trying to collude! To my face he apologized for his behaviour and concurrently told me I was not a man of my word for not honouring him as investor because he thought he had a deal. He was even willing now to accept my terms. I still said "not this time, maybe in the future, thank you". I was polite and measured at all times.

The reason I kept saying "No" was because of the personality type. I now knew this individual would F*ck me the moment he had an opportunity. Trust was gone. These kinds of people cannot be controlled by legal paperwork or anything for that matter. They are to be avoided.

Fast forward to 6 months later... and life is better. Serendipitously I found a family office who took his spot and has even deeper pockets. Life has a way or working itself out, just listen to your gut.
Add to that corruption and strongarm tactics, and it can become very scary.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

What a cool website with mostly interesting science stuff but not only. Super well made. My favorite pages:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I’m looking at Bitwarden next. I have read good things about them.

I’m also wondering about learning to use the one built into Apple devices. I think they call it “keychain.” (I know that’s not an option for you.)

I have had a lot of the others, I have never been particularly fond of any of them.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I'm sure everyone has noticed the crazy self-storage hype in the last couple of years. I've been following a guy on FB who has quietly been building self storage buildings for clients all across America. Truly a sight to see. Really selling shovels in a gold rush... He's doing the hard part, serving other entrepreneurs/investors, and I imagine making a mint in the process.

Blue collar steel construction... Not for the faint of heart. Not your grandma's business.

Last edited by a moderator:

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
I'm sure everyone has noticed the crazy self-storage hype in the last couple of years. I've been following a guy on FB who has quietly been building self storage buildings for clients all across America. Truly a sight to see. Really selling shovels in a gold rush... He's doing the hard part, serving other entrepreneurs/investors, and I imagine making a mint in the process.

Blue collar steel construction... Not for the faint of heart. Not your grandma's business.
I love self storage and have always been intrigued by the development of these facilities. It has been something I'm constantly looking into.

If I were to do it, I would spin the model a bit. I would do "self storage" for businesses... take my problem I'm facing. I can't find a warehouse unit that isn't going to cost me $5000+/month just for the rent with a mandatory 2 year lease. I also don't need that big of a warehouse with 10+ docks. I currently use self storage for inventory but these units are more tailored for personal storage.

Why not "mini warehouses" for businesses with the same model as self storage? Separate units, a bit bigger, some more added options, like some units with a drive-in door, maybe a few entrance units with a dock, on-site pallet jacks, clean well finished units, temperature controlled, etc.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I love self storage and have always been intrigued by the development of these facilities. It has been something I'm constantly looking into.

If I were to do it, I would spin the model a bit. I would do "self storage" for businesses... take my problem I'm facing. I can't find a warehouse unit that isn't going to cost me $5000+/month just for the rent with a mandatory 2 year lease. I also don't need that big of a warehouse with 10+ docks. I currently use self storage for inventory but these units are more tailored for personal storage.

Why not "mini warehouses" for businesses with the same model as self storage? Separate units, a bit bigger, some more added options, like some units with a drive-in door, maybe a few entrance units with a dock, on-site pallet jacks, clean well finished units, temperature controlled, etc.
I second this. I have a need for this as well.

Medium sized climate controlled warehouses for people who don’t need a giant a$$ distribution center.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I second this. I have a need for this as well.

Medium sized climate controlled warehouses for people who don’t need a giant a$$ distribution center.
I'm about to help a dude out. Look up Chris Ramsey on Twitter. He has this thing he calls "Contractor Garages," and it's exactly this.

Great model, great asset class / property type. I want to do it too, just need the funding. Bit tied up atm.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.