The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Daily reminder that the sole purpose of mainstream news is to keep you fighting with your family, friends, neighbors, etc while making you feel demoralized and powerless.

F*ck the news - stop listening to those people.

There are millions of people who want to help you and the internet has made it possible to reach you from basically anywhere on the planet at any time of day.

There has never been a better time to be alive - don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

1628545637595.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• 1628545557150.png
    1628545557150.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 8

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Yes they are amazing.

As you might know in The Netherlands many people use a bicycle for transportation. E-bikes have grown in popularity a lot the past few years. I'm now seeing 1 e-bike for every 3-4 normal bikes.

I decided against getting an e-bike. Distances we travel by bike are usually < 10 km's and I'm getting free exercise while I'm transporting myself. That is a win-win to me.

I do get the attraction of e-bikes though. Very clean and efficient transportation. And parking everywhere. If you get an e-bike to replace a car or motorbike instead of a normal bicycle, I would say go for it.
Maybe so in Puerto Rico! It might help us with city living and going out to restaurants and whatnot.

I don’t see myself ever not having a car, but I see additional convenience to the ebike.

Last edited:

Flint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Jul 14, 2020
Anyone have an e-bike?
It might help us with city living and going out to restaurants and whatnot.
E-bike companies will/are disturbing the transport sector by offering new technologies and business models to address the last-mile delivery problem. Watch this space.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
E-bike companies will/are disturbing the transport sector by offering new technologies and business models to address the last-mile delivery problem. Watch this space.
They’re basically a low speed, inoffensive, motorcycle that you can park on a sidewalk. I mean, that’s bad a$$.

They also fit on a private jet.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
The stones that it takes to lie this flagantly:

And on that note, if one of you reads about someone sprouting wings as a VAXCClNE side-effect, can you tell me so that I can get that one?

View attachment 39395

View attachment 39396
Who fact checks the fact checkers? What gives them the power / authority to do their job? We don't even know the rules of fact checking. We just know there's this outside entity that decides if something is right or wrong. Fact checkers are worthless. As are mainstream journalists. Disgusting lot of people.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Memento

I predict the future will see the logo and navigation migrate to the bottom of the screen. The mobile "hamburger" menu will show up more and more on desktop.
Ugh. Every time I see apples new Safari layout I silently scream “THAT’S NOT HOW IT GOES!”

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Ugh. Every time I see apples new Safari layout I silently scream “THAT’S NOT HOW IT GOES!”
I'm telling you, get used to it. It'll be the new normal soon.

I always smile when I see a @PizzaOnTheRoof post. What's up fam? What's new with you?

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
I'm telling you, get used to it. It'll be the new normal soon.

I always smile when I see a @PizzaOnTheRoof post. What's up fam? What's new with you?
Good man. Decided to finish my engineering degree and step away for a bit. Spent way too much time browsing the forum, Reddit, etc.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
mRNA therapy is not what is meant when people say gene therapy. Gene therapy typically involves DNA, and can be either inserting a new gene, disabling/deleting a current gene, or editing an existing gene within the DNA.

Although mRNA and DNA have quite a few similarities, there are some important differences. DNA is held in the nucleus, DNA is duplicated during cell division (replication) and one copy of DNA is passed to each new cell, DNA is the basically the master plan instruction set for the whole body. mRNA is created from DNA in the nucleus, it then leaves the nucleus and is used outside the nucleus by structures called ribosomes to create proteins, mRNA is a temporary copy of DNA, once mRNA serves it's short term purpose is is broken down, mRNA does not confer genetic information during cell division or between generations.

So the analogy would be, DNA is like the master plan kept in the library. And mRNA is like a photocopy of a single page, taken out of the library for temporary use.

There are some instances where RNA can be converted to DNA. This is associated with certain classes of viruses, called retroviruses, that carry an enzyme in the virus particle called Reverse Transcriptase, that can convert the viral RNA into DNA.

Now, @lowtek posted some very recent research about a DNA polymerase present in cells that has the ability to copy mRNA to DNA. However, what this means exactly is hard to say. They postulate in the paper that that function is intended as a backup for DNA repair, so the specifics of when, how, and which mRNA's could be used in the duplication of DNA is not clear. So this is a possible change of our current understanding, and maybe in time we will see a new role for mRNA that right now understood.

Now about the fact check, I believe that their characterization of mRNA vaccine not being gene therapy is correct. However their assertion that the Covid vaccine is not experimental is either a rewriting of what experimental means, or an outright fabrication.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I forgot my #1 long-distance drive strategy last weekend and nearly got smoked.

> Never drive behind a vehicle that is the same or larger size than you for long periods of time.

I find what happens is you start to get fatigued way faster and also you can't see any upcoming situation at all.
Since the car in front blocks most of the view ahead you are way more likely to react slower and/or crash if something happens.

What happened to me was the car in front (a very large SUV) wasn't paying attention and didn't notice at all that the fast lane on the highway was at a total stop. He braked from full speed (at the very last moment) and was literally skidding sideways down the highway.

To avoid hitting him I had to skid into the grass in the centre and the guy behind me had to swerve to the shoulder full speed. There was no way we could have braked in time with the guy in front stopping so hard. Was very close to being a several car full speed pile up.

I was pretty annoyed at the guy in front but more annoyed at myself. I used to do a lot of long-distance oil field driving in Canada (up to 20 hours in a row!) and never had a single crash. I forgot my rules on this one though and nearly wrote off my car and probably a few others.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
random thought… I miss a full on racing season. Here is me from the last GF race, qualifying for the UCI World Championship…
Rode with the current CEO of Lululemon - Calvin for good 80 clicks, then he was stronger and dropped me. Fun times.

CBB949CA-8D75-439F-8C2D-EE6402852A07.jpeg

Anyone else here juggling amateur racing with business and family?

G

Guest-5ty5s4

random thought… I miss a full on racing season. Here is me from the last GF race, qualifying for the UCI World Championship…

View attachment 39414

Anyone else here juggling amateur racing with business and family?
This is awesome. World Championship??
What's your routine like?

I'd like to get back into competition more in sports, but have felt a bit too strung out as it is.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
This is awesome. World Championship??
What's your routine like?

I'd like to get back into competition more in sports, but have felt a bit too strung out as it is.
I trained 13 hrs / week, but mixed with swimming (masters at 6am with a coach 2x week) and running.

most of the riding was quality over quantity, so that’s doing mountain climbing (Cypress locally) and occasionally do a long ride (150km or so, but that can be 5 hrs away from home and wife isn’t happy).

I’m lucky to have friends like Calvin who’s also super busy and with kids, so we motivate each other while training on home “smart trainer” using apps like Zwift.

You were a swimmer, right? When did you last compete? Any other sports?

Edit:
It may sound better than it is. I’m in no way winning any races. I’m a Cat4, which for those who don’t know is like the slowest racing category you can be, lol. Just faster than most “weekend warriors”.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Who fact checks the fact checkers? What gives them the power / authority to do their job? We don't even know the rules of fact checking. We just know there's this outside entity that decides if something is right or wrong. Fact checkers are worthless. As are mainstream journalists. Disgusting lot of people.
The audacity of someone to declare oneself a “fact checker” as if they, usually the authoritarian left, have a monopoly on truth. What a joke. What gives the “fact checkers” the final say on matter?

There’s no such thing as fact anymore. You can’t get that information anymore. Of course facts are still out there, but they get dismissed by an avalanche of BS.

There are actual facts about COVID out there. Something did happen and the truth exists, but we don’t know it.

There are actual facts about the vaccine and what they actually know about its “safety and effectiveness.”

There are actual facts about the election.

There are actual facts about Joe Biden’s mental health.

A “fact checker” just spins the narrative to something that’s plausible and convenient for the state.

Let’s not forget Kim Jong Whatever got 18 hole-in-ones in one game of golf. That shit was totally fact checked by the state media. It was “true” within his borders. He should have said he got 19 holes-in-one just to screw with everyone. :rofl:

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I trained 13 hrs / week, but mixed with swimming (masters at 6am with a coach 2x week) and running.

most of the riding was quality over quantity, so that’s doing mountain climbing (Cypress locally) and occasionally do a long ride (150km or so, but that can be 5 hrs away from home and wife isn’t happy).

I’m lucky to have friends like Calvin who’s also super busy and with kids, so we motivate each other while training on home “smart trainer” using apps like Zwift.

You were a swimmer, right? When did you last compete? Any other sports?

Edit:
It may sound better than it is. I’m in no way winning any races. I’m a Cat4, which for those who don’t know is like the slowest racing category you can be, lol. Just faster than most “weekend warriors”.
Competed on a club team in college. Probably did a meet or two right after college too with the local team but wasn't any good for lack of training.

I don't know anything about cycling but that's still very cool that you've managed to keep it as part of your life!

For me, the best part was the progression, and honestly, I get a little annoyed when I don't have the time to put 100% into it. So then I just do something else, like walking + lifting weights for general fitness.

I can be pretty obsessive about times and things like that hahaha

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Lol, I can relate @thechosen1 about being obsessive. Hyper competitive and obsessive… helps in some ways but hurts in other ways. Here is a fun fact, my running mate Clint and I did more workouts during the worst weather (winter months; snow, dark…) than summer. It seems that when others are sleeping the beast in us was keeping us awake and pushing. Did a bunch of early year half marathons and crushed it.

The good news is that here racing finally resumed, so we are back (no restrictions).

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
We just know there's this outside entity

They're not "outside entities", but just proxies for state-run entities.

You don't get anointed a "fact checker" unless you tow the official narratives.

theresgot2bemore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 20, 2016
Anywhere w/freedom
I guess I must be sensitive to aspatarme in colas and sprite because when I drink too much of them I get ringing in the ears. Thankfully drinking more water seems to tone it down and then completely remove it unless I drink too much cola. Strange thing I tell ya.

Edit to add: This was way before the vax. I guess its just my own body's sensibility.

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Was there someone on this forum who was a director of pharmacies at a hospital on this forum?

D

Deleted70138

Here is a fun fact, my running mate Clint and I did more workouts during the worst weather (winter months; snow, dark…) than summer. It seems that when others are sleeping the beast in us was keeping us awake and pushing.
Feel the same way. Hiking up on a mountain in snowstorm is much gratifying than on a sunny weather, also much less sweating.
Nothing beats a nice early morning run on 1st of January (and then studying accounting).
Usually with this guy:

IMG_20210225_123033.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
An interesting and sad take on Covid, vaccines, and the future:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Feel the same way. Hiking up on a mountain in snowstorm is much gratifying than on a sunny weather, also much less sweating.
Nothing beats a nice early morning run on 1st of January (and then studying accounting).
Usually with this guy:

View attachment 39417

+++

except for the accounting part

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
An interesting and sad take on C0VlD, vaccines, and the future:

The push to make it seem like if you don't get the vaccine, you die, is unbelievable (by the way, the data does NOT support this at all). Anyone with half a brain would start to ponder - why are they so pushy this time around?

Then they try a different tactic: vaccine passports. You either get the vaccine, or you can't walk outside. Hmm?

Then they throw the "you can travel again!!!! WOOHOOO!!!" tactic at the sheep which worked extremely well. I asked my cousin why she got the vaccine, and her answer, so I can travel again. Think about it. She got the vaccine because she was told she couldn't travel otherwise. So she didn't get the vaccine because she thought it would save her, or save her loved ones, she was more concerned about travelling. She didn't realize that you can still travel without the vaccine, you just need to quarantine (at least in Canada). Again, sheep.

My favourite one is the "guilt" tactic in which the media brainwashes those around you. I was told today "you're so selfish for not getting the vaccine". Lmfao. Excuse me? Why wasn't I selfish for not getting the flu shot last year?

Believe me, I'm not anti-vaccine or anti-medicine, in fact, I love the Pharma industry. I didn't get the vaccine because I didn't want to. I stopped getting the flu shot since I was 18 because I never got sick. But reading these headlines, seeing these "we will divide you" tactics, makes one ponder. Something just feels very off.

Awaken Study

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2020
Question for the long term contributors, do you think it's helpful to start a progress/execution thread when just getting started or do you find it's a distraction?

I'm trying to determine if it's a good idea or will provide false dopamine. Thanks.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
It's like an echo chamber of a different kind in here. I don't consume much media, so I don't really know "what's out there" about this. But I do have friends that work in hospitals and I trust what they tell me.

The tough part is our hospital system isn't designed to handle large influxes of people, such as what happens during an outbreak. Hospitals are getting more COVID cases again. At least where I live. There are numerous concerns about this, running out of ventilators, running out of space, working long hours, making mistakes and tough choices, etc.

Also concerning is this strain is more contagious and carries a higher viral load. Even with 50% vaccination rate, the # of cases is increasing roughly as fast as the previous two spikes (again, at least in my area).

Does it require more than half a brain to noodle this one out?

Yes the death rate isn't as severe. Thank God. If that really is what the media is pushing, then that's poor messaging at best.

But there are real concerns here that the people on the ground are expressing.

I wish different sides of this debate would at least try to see the other side. Oh government just wants to keep us down! Come on...

I completely understand the argument that mRNA is experimental and someone doesn't want to put it in their body. I wish "they" would understand that and not vilify people who feel this way.

But I also get that the more unvaxinated, unquarantined people run around, the more likely it is that our hospitals fill up, potentially causing rationing of essential services. I wish the other "they" would understand that and not vilify people who are trying to point out this basic fact.

When it is raining, please don't drive your usual speed. This is common sense right? If cops need to crack down on people speeding in rainstorms will we cry government overreach? Luckily we all mostly do a pretty good job of this.

But the ones who don't should face consequences, right?

So when your area is experiencing an outbreak, please do your best to not spread it. If you don't know how to accomplish that, educate yourself on the best practices.

How is asking that unreasonable? How is that not common sense? Why do we, as a culture, not treat our fellow man with that kind of respect innately? Why is any suggestion of "think about others" met with an instant "don't tread on my freedoms" refrain by certain people?

And what do we call people who believe they should enjoy unfettered freedom at any cost, free of any consequences?

Teenagers, that's what.

Lastly, if your best reason for not getting a vaccine is simply "I don't wanna", well, sorry, but you might be selfish. Self centered? Self focused? A teenager?

Maybe you have better reasons, but I'm not a mind reader. I only know what you wrote. The media didn't brainwash me, your words clued me in.

I'm not saying you are a teenager or selfish, I don't know you, and even if you are I'm not trying to judge you for it. But if I hear duck quack, I'll think it's dubious if someone tells me it ain't a freaking duck. If the shoe fits, wear it homie.

Anyways, just offering a different view since you did ask the question:

why are they so pushy this time around?

Side note... I was called selfish for at least the last 8 years for not getting a flu shot. "Don't you want to keep the kids safe?"

You wanna talk guilt trips and manipulation? Yeah, I could share some stories. So I do get where you're coming from.

But after a decade of talking to people in city planning and public health and more generally the medical industry, I also get where some of the opposing view comes from too. Those people face really tough choices. It's a thankless rock vs hard place kind of life.

From where I sit, neither side has an monopoly on the truth and both sides have good, valid points. Both sides should reach out and talk to the other more.

Nobody solves anything by complaining.

Anyways, hope that helps somebody today.

MA81

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Jan 22, 2013
View: https://twitter.com/PaoneAntony/status/1424730996738568195

Edit* French Translation: The first checks of #Police started as a preventive measure at #Paris in cafes and restaurants where the #PassSanitaire is mandatory as of today. Verbalization of 135 euros from next week, up to 9,000 euros in the event of a repeat offense.

If after almost 1 and half years of this "pandemic", you still think this is about a virus, you'll be writing a similar post about people being selfish for not getting their 5th booster shot.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.