The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I just heard a podcast episode from Gary Vaynerchuk, and he defined being successful in business as "Giving someone what they want" . I hate to admit this but it's kinda true. Would love to listen what @Andy Black @Fox @MJ DeMarco have to say about this.
Curious why you’d hate to admit it? Is it because it came from Gary V, or some other reason?

Zig Ziglar said something similar:

“You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want.”

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Any fx traders here that can give some input on their bets on USD short term?

Specifically USD/CAD. Was at 1.20 a few weeks ago. Wen't all the way up to 1.245. Dropped back down to 1.225. Back at 1.2325 now.

I have a decent holding in USD. I'm in Canada and I really don't want to convert right now as I get an extra $60k if it reaches 1.26 again as it was a few months ago. But at the same time, it would suck if USD crashes again.

Not an FX trader, but a FED watcher and someone that considers such things.

First of all, with the knowledge you are asking for, there are better trades out there than foreign currency. So that is the primary reason why I am not an FX trader.

Now, short term, it is an absolute gamble... There is zero telling what will happen. We will get a LOT of dead cat bounces between now and serious devaluation, but when it goes, it will really go.

The FED crooks all go to work, every day, to strengthen the metaphorical house of cards that is the currency. Don't confuse that with strengthening the currency... It is a derivative, the house of cards is all they care about.

They have kept interest rates super low for YEARS, even before COVID... Why? Because of all of the government debt, and the debt of the economy. Raising interest rates would screw the books for existing creditors, and most of these oligarchs are from the financial sector.

Meanwhile, the house of cards gets taller and taller every day, and at a faster and faster rate.

In the long term, I see them never wanting that blood on their hands. I see "accommodative" FOMC from here on out.

This "thinking about thinking about" and "talking about talking about" is just a nerve calmer. A propagandized public statement from the people you are required to believe that "there is nothing to worry about," "it is all temporary," and "we know what we are doing, just trust us."

The only thing that is temporary is the little bounce the dollar gets when they talk like that, because it is only talk, not action. They will bankrupt the US if they reel it in. Or they will hyperinflate if they don't.

One of these two inevitabilities will happen:

Default and Bankruptcy
Or
Hyperinflation

This said, I expect the dollar to become valueless in my lifetime... I would also be shocked if there was one single member of the FOMC that didn't privately know this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
@Kak shut your eyes. This one is gross.

Back in 2010, I visited the Blue Hole (Oronogo Circle Mine) and swam in it with my girlfriend (now wife). It was one of the best kept secrets of our area.

Blue Hole.PNG

It was a 200 foot mine that filled with water after it closed, and then entrepreneurs bought the land and built a scuba diving business that lasted 30 years.

But in 2012, the government decided to put an end to their business by forcing the hole to be filled with mine waste (it gets uglier..)

The 12-acre, open-pit mine closed in 1948 and soon filled with water. With a depth of more than 200 feet and visibility of 50 feet or more, the mine became a popular spot for divers.

The Muellers spent 30 years turning the flooded mine into Captain John’s Sports and Scuba, a recreation park and full-service scuba dive shop at the site that became known as “Big Blue” and “Blue Hole.”

But now, under the direction of the Environmental Protection Agency, contractors will soon begin filling in the pit with mine waste.

So the government forced these business/land owners out of business and started filling in the Blue Hole. But by 2016 they weren't making progress and the project was getting expensive, so they stopped filling it in...

(You might need to open in an incognito window to bypass the subscription)

Doolan said in 2012 that he didn't think they'd have any trouble filling the pit, estimating then that it would hold 4 million cubic yards of mine waste...

But after years of dumping mine waste into it — 2.5 million cubic yards so far, Doolan said — the mine pit shows no sign of filling...

More mine waste, he said, "is not going to make a difference.”

On a bright note, the government said it would return the land to the Muellers (the owners) to do with as they please (once the government is done with it).

What happens to property after the EPA is finished with it, Doolan said, will be up to John and Regina Mueller, who own land on which the Oronogo Circle is located.

But now the Muellers are in their 70's...

“I’m 70 years old,” he said. “I’m not planning on doing anything with it.”

Mueller said that in order to reopen his business he would have to try to contact former customers who likely have found other dive spots to use and try to convince them to return to Oronogo.

“It would be like starting a brand-new business,” he said.

Mueller also said that while he and his wife did receive a financial settlement for the loss of their business, they feel they weren’t completely compensated for true value of the company.

They took out a 36-year business,” he added.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Black Holes Are Now Racist...

M2vexnq.gif

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
Curious why you’d hate to admit it? Is it because it came from Gary V, or some other reason?

Zig Ziglar said something similar:

“You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want.”
Hate to admit it because he's a self proclaimed GURU of sorts, and most people know better to steer clear of his advice. But sometimes he does give some golden nuggets of wisdom.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hate to admit it because he's a self proclaimed GURU of sorts, and most people know better to steer clear of his advice. But sometimes he does give some golden nuggets of wisdom.
I think he’s legit. Sure, he’s loud, but he’s an operator too. He’s built up an agency of over 600 employees.

Plus this:

G

Guest-5ty5s4

So if hyper inflation hits, will it suddenly be super easy to get $1 million (worth much less than now) and pay off all of our fixed-rate debts?
That would be kind of hilarious actually.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I'm rather saddened today.

Last week, the local stock market turned so many portfolios red that the owner of one of my Telegram discussion groups for Bursa stocks held a session to advise on damage-controls.

I decided to attend it although I had earlier thrown most of my capital into defensive counters.

On the Zoom call, I got to hear how Malaysian folks had been running their stock trading...and believe me, it was really shitty.

Some portfolios were 50% in the RED- not on one individual counter alone.
Few of them 70% down.

Allocations were out of whack...I mean, why spread yourself so thin with 12-15 counters?
How do you even keep an eye on that many stocks?
One of the folks threw money at four glove companies, and glove companies have been downtrend since COVID recovery efforts started.

Retailers have even formed a Telegram group to try to push glove stocks to fly like GameStop...but that didn't work well because the counters have millions of shares in circulation- no possibility of a short squeeze. Plus, the country caps short-selling to like around 3%.

Also kicked out a few folks with differing opinions, labelling them as 'smart-money spies'.

Presently, they started a Change.org petition to push for banning of short-selling in the country:
I dunno whether to laugh or cry.

Folks, just stop begging authorities and blaming IBs for stocks getting cut down!
Control what you can actually control- maybe you have to just cut-loss? Rotate funds out to better stocks? Or switch to overseas markets? You don't see the GME folks petitioning for bans on short-selling, do you?

I imagine how many new retailers entered stocks since 2020....and the 'tuition fee' must have killed thousands of them.

Even worse, not a few of the folks have gone to local gurus to learn, paid bounties for the courses...and then got cut down again by smart-money.

More slaughtering!

Look, you don't have to pay shit for gurus! Get books and understand the chart cycle from folks like Wyckoff, Livermore, Rayner Teo or whatever. Spend that money on smaller learning trades...don't pay some F*cking doctor who just started teaching stocks after only 2 years on the market!

I've no idea how the folks will recoup their losses. But given that jobs and businesses are still under lockdowns, my guess is that most won't. Which is cruel...losing income to COVID shutdowns, and losing more money to the stock market amidst a bull run.

This is what happens when dumb money enters the markets.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
So if hyper inflation hits, will it suddenly be super easy to get $1 million (worth much less than now) and pay off all of our fixed-rate debts?
That would be kind of hilarious actually.
Yes. Think about owning a commercial building or apartment complex.

These are mostly 80% LTV… And cash flow enough to pay their own loans.

So, with inflation, you’re raising rents like crazy every time someone renews and your debt gets easier and easier to pay off with the funny money. Servicing the loan becomes a joke.

Your building is also getting tremendously more valuable with the new income.

Now, I’ve seen these loans, and they don’t look like a 30 year fixed rate home loan. Sometimes they are fixed over 5 and require a refi.

You’d be refinancing at an enormous interest rate because it’s hard for a lender to make money with tons of inflation.

All of this said, I’ll probably buy an $85k indestructible luxury truck at 0% for 60 or whatever they offer for this very reason. Something that can, if need be, last for 20 years. The shortages will continue. They’ll be harder and harder to get.

Also considering more travel trailers. That investment has worked out well.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I'm rather saddened today.

Last week, the local stock market turned so many portfolios red that the owner of one of my Telegram discussion groups for Bursa stocks held a session to advise on damage-controls.

I decided to attend it although I had earlier thrown most of my capital into defensive counters.

On the Zoom call, I got to hear how Malaysian folks had been running their stock trading...and believe me, it was really shitty.

Some portfolios were 50% in the RED- not on one individual counter alone.
Few of them 70% down.

Allocations were out of whack...I mean, why spread yourself so thin with 12-15 counters?
How do you even keep an eye on that many stocks?
One of the folks threw money at four glove companies, and glove companies have been downtrend since COVID recovery efforts started.

Retailers have even formed a Telegram group to try to push glove stocks to fly like GameStop...but that didn't work well because the counters have millions of shares in circulation- no possibility of a short squeeze. Plus, the country caps short-selling to like around 3%.

Also kicked out a few folks with differing opinions, labelling them as 'smart-money spies'.

Presently, they started a Change.org petition to push for banning of short-selling in the country:
I dunno whether to laugh or cry.

Folks, just stop begging authorities and blaming IBs for stocks getting cut down!
Control what you can actually control- maybe you have to just cut-loss? Rotate funds out to better stocks? Or switch to overseas markets? You don't see the GME folks petitioning for bans on short-selling, do you?

I imagine how many new retailers entered stocks since 2020....and the 'tuition fee' must have killed my thousands of them.

Even worse, not a few of the folks have gone to local gurus to learn, paid bounties for the courses...and then got cut down again by smart-money.

More slaughtering!

Look, you don't have to pay shit for gurus! Get books and understand the chart cycle from folks like Wyckoff, Livermore, Rayner Teo or whatever. Spend that money on smaller learning trades...don't pay some f*cking doctor who just started teaching stocks after only 2 years on the market!

I've no idea how the folks will recoup their losses. But given that jobs and businesses are still under lockdowns, my guess is that most won't. Which is cruel...losing income to COVID shutdowns, and losing more money to the stock market amidst a bull run.

This is what happens when dumb money enters the markets.
This is crazy man. Do Malaysians just invest locally? Is that a thing?

Most Americans have lots of global exposure. I have a bunch of stuff from Europe and Asia that has all done fine lately.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
This is crazy man. Do Malaysians just invest locally? Is that a thing?

Most Americans have lots of global exposure. I have a bunch of stuff from Europe and Asia that has all done fine lately.
It depends on how they go about the learning curve and starting capital.

Given the lowly Malaysian exchange rate (compared to USD), and the greater ease of opening a local brokerage account, the local market is usually where most might start with and stay. They think investing globally is 'too expensive and advanced', but is it really?

Of course, how many folks can quickly transition to learn about foreign markets- when they get destroyed by their first trades on local stocks?

Risk management is so important- it helps you survive to continue learning and improving.

The least they can do to have some international exposure is to invest in mutual funds based on US or HK counters. You can buy such mutual funds from local banks. But of course, there's the management fees and strategies to think of.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
First, it was the War on Communism
Then it was the War on Poverty
Next, it was the War on Drugs
Next, it was the War on Terrorism
And now, it is currently the War on Germs...

You see a cycle? They create a boogie man every 19 years to evoke hysteria in the public.

If this theory is correct, you will continue to see the media sway the masses into taking a vaccine/other-COVID-related-item until 2039 when they would announce all pandemics to be conquered and find a new boogie man to steal our focus.

some random person on youtube.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Yes. Think about owning a commercial building or apartment complex.

These are mostly 80% LTV… And cash flow enough to pay their own loans.

So, with inflation, you’re raising rents like crazy every time someone renews and your debt gets easier and easier to pay off with the funny money. Servicing the loan becomes a joke.

Your building is also getting tremendously more valuable with the new income.

Now, I’ve seen these loans, and they don’t look like a 30 year fixed rate home loan. Sometimes they are fixed over 5 and require a refi.

You’d be refinancing at an enormous interest rate because it’s hard for a lender to make money with tons of inflation.

All of this said, I’ll probably buy an $85k indestructible luxury truck at 0% for 60 or whatever they offer for this very reason. Something that can, if need be, last for 20 years. The shortages will continue. They’ll be harder and harder to get.

Also considering more travel trailers. That investment has worked out well.
This is exactly the kind of thing that makes me want to load up on mortgages for cash flowing properties.

The risk feels wrong, but at the same time, the inflation and fixed-term debt with low interest rates is just so hard to ignore.

I always find myself thinking “what’s the catch?” Because it seems so ridiculous to just take out all these loans to buy rental properties... but people are making a killing off of it.
And not just rentals! All asset-based businesses.

I guess the Fed could raise rates, deflation could hit, and then we would all be holding the bag. It’s just kind of a gamble.

Everyone in the real estate world acts like that will never happen, getting a sugar high from low interest loans.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina

CDC Senior Scientist and Whistleblower: ‘We trashed data showing vaccine-autism link in African-American boys’​

This aren't even emergency vaccines like the covid 19...

At the meeting, CDC scientists presented horrendous data. It showed that even without accounting for underreporting, a second dose of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines could increase the risk of problems up to 200-fold in young men.
But the scientists then went on to suggest the vaccines should still be given – even to kids already suffering from heart problems…
the CDC’s own data shows that for every 100,000 vaccines given to young people, more than 25,000 will have temporary side effects that prevent them from “normal activities,” 700 will require medical care and 200 will be hospitalized.
In contrast, the CDC estimates that only about 50 out of 100,000 adolescents have EVER been hospitalized for Covid-related illness.
"This is shocking news.

So why are kids being vaxinated again?"

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Self-help books are masturbatory garbage that are meant to deliver the same feeling as cat videos on YouTube.

What people who read those books should really be looking for is how to develop an irrational and unshakable belief in themselves along with an unquenchable relentlessness to achieve their goals.

You can learn that from reading the memoirs of generals like Caesar or Napoleon or the texts of religious fanatics (including secular fanatics like Marx) and by reading the books that influenced those men.

The more the more the ideas frighten normal people, the better.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
things can always get more retarded

1624735082449.png

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
I'm thinking on starting a second business "built to sell" kind of type. Since the first one can't be sold.
This business could consist on a YouTube Channel or Instagram account or a multiple of social media and digital products. I'm just not sure what is the best niche to later find a rich enough and interested buyer... I'm thinking crypto, or a digital marketing school. Also plant based nutrition is a space I would really like to get in but I don't really see it selling to a big player.

What is the best niche to build to sell ? Would really appreciate your thoughts !

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas

M2vexnq.gif
Soon we wony

M2vexnq.gif

Nothing makes more sense than requiring terminally ill children to get a vaccine they don’t need and that won’t matter since they are already dying.
Wonder if they'll do that for inmates on death row. Only fully vaxinated inmates will receive the the leathal injection.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
First, it was the War on Communism
Then it was the War on Poverty
Next, it was the War on Drugs
Next, it was the War on Terrorism
And now, it is currently the War on Germs...

You see a cycle? They create a boogie man every 19 years to evoke hysteria in the public.

If this theory is correct, you will continue to see the media sway the masses into taking a vaccine/other-COVID-related-item until 2039 when they would announce all pandemics to be conquered and find a new boogie man to steal our focus.

some random person on youtube.
“Climate change.”

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Nothing makes more sense than requiring terminally ill children to get a vaccine they don’t need and that won’t matter since they are already dying.
But bro they could be vectors of the disease!!!1!1!1! I read the science. Think about the children! You’re a moron anti mask anti vaccine Nazi literal fascist racist white supremacist xenophobic homophobic transphobic bigoted misogynist. I hope you get covid and die while eaten by an alligator while you fall out of a plane and get hit by a bus.

On a real note, at this point I can’t even trust the word ‘science.’ If this is what science is, I don’t believe in science. I’m all set, thanks. I’ll stick to God and common sense.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Soon we wony

Wonder if they'll do that for inmates on death row. Only fully vaxinated inmates will receive the the leathal injection.
Human vaccine trials should be run on death row inmates before they’re run on children.

But that doesn’t happen in the clown world. Here we experiment on the children and give the death row inmates sex changes.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
But bro they could be vectors of the disease!!!1!1!1! I read the science. Think about the children! You’re a moron anti mask anti vaccine Nazi literal fascist racist white supremacist xenophobic homophobic transphobic bigoted misogynist. I hope you get covid and die while eaten by an alligator while you fall out of a plane and get hit by a bus.

On a real note, at this point I can’t even trust the word ‘science.’ If this is what science is, I don’t believe in science. I’m all set, thanks. I’ll stick to God and common sense.
I should have used ‘literal’ at least 4 more times for accuracy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.