The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quarantine Fitness - What's Your Routine?

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Like most of you, my exercise routine changed drastically over the last few weeks. I was doing a bodybuilding routine which consisted of mostly barbell exercises every other day. Now I'm making do with what I have in my apartment.

My New Main Routine - 10K Ketllebell Swings

My take on the routine is 5 sets of the following with 5 minute breaks in between. Note, everything below is done immediately one after the other, KB swing into Squat into KB swing. BW = Bodyweight, x10 means 10 KB swings.

60 lb Kettlebell
  • KB Swings x10
  • BW Squat x5
  • KB Swings x15
  • BW Squat x5
  • KB Swings x25
  • BW Squat x5
  • KB Swings x50
  • BW Squat x5
I am still playing around with off day routines. I've experimented with Turkish get-ups with a 25 lb KB, pull ups, bicep curls, pull-ups, chin-ups, pushups, exercise bands, dips. I'll probably throw dumbbell exercises in there too. But 500 KB swings every other day is exhausting, and there's sometimes a bit of day after fatigue.

I'm also tweaking my diet (getting back on Keto) and incorporating fasting in a way that won't leave me too tired to life. The goal is to be 190 by late May.

But enough about me. What's your routine?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Now you know everyone doesn't have fitness equipment in their home. Ha ha!

BlackLynx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
279%
Jan 21, 2019
Belgium
I am very happy with the Freeletics app. I get up at 5 in the morning - just like when I do when I do get to go out of the house and I open the app and start whatever is on my plate that day. I'm usually still half asleep at that point - but it's important just to start. That's half the battle.

jjohns500

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Mar 7, 2020
California
Like most of you, my exercise routine changed drastically over the last few weeks. I was doing a bodybuilding routine which consisted of mostly barbell exercises every other day. Now I'm making do with what I have in my apartment.

My New Main Routine - 10K Ketllebell Swings

My take on the routine is 5 sets of the following with 5 minute breaks in between. Note, everything below is done immediately one after the other, KB swing into Squat into KB swing. BW = Bodyweight, x10 means 10 KB swings.

60 lb Kettlebell
  • KB Swings x10
  • BW Squat x5
  • KB Swings x15
  • BW Squat x5
  • KB Swings x25
  • BW Squat x5
  • KB Swings x50
  • BW Squat x5
I am still playing around with off day routines. I've experimented with Turkish get-ups with a 25 lb KB, pull ups, bicep curls, pull-ups, chin-ups, pushups, exercise bands, dips. I'll probably throw dumbbell exercises in there too. But 500 KB swings every other day is exhausting, and there's sometimes a bit of day after fatigue.

I'm also tweaking my diet (getting back on Keto) and incorporating fasting in a way that won't leave me too tired to life. The goal is to be 190 by late May.

But enough about me. What's your routine?

Willhurtdontcare

This is a killer KB routine. Gonna have to steal this one lol thanks!

I train twice a day 3 days a week, and 1 time a day for the other 3. 1 day off. Morning and afternoon. Mornings I usually do all weights, your typical chest/tri, back/bi, etc. The afternoons I do cardio and HIIT.

For HIIT I set up 8 stations, 30 secs per station, As many reps as possible no breaks between stations. 1 min break at the end of the 8 stations. Repeat 3 times. I usually do 2-3 diff 8 stations setups. I always jump rope 15 mins at the beginning and end.

examples
jump squats
KB swings
KB clean press
Double under jump rope
Weighted shadow box
alternating jump lunges
ab roller (or any ab workout)
push ups
barbell cleans
ladder drills
box jumps

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I didn’t plan on doing anything this evening but it’s so convenient with everything out in the garden so I threw in a quick session this evening.

I’m trying to rehabilitate a damaged/weakened rotator cuff in my left shoulder (caused by too much time at a desk I’ve been told).

200 skips.

3 sets of 8 snatches with 16kg KB (is that what it’s called when you lift it from below you to straight up above your head?).

3 sets of 13 slow and low pushups.

3 sets of 12 straight arm raises from my side out till above my head (thumb upwards). Only 3kg dumbbells but dayum it hurts!

B1EDBF4B-B8F1-40B2-B062-772E48FE0575.jpeg

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
The only thing I have since the gym closed is a 40lb vest so I've been doing walks and bodyweight exercises with it on.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
The only thing I have ... is a 40lb vest

You can do a lot with that. Look up some bodyweight as many reps as possible (AMRAP) routines and throw that sucker on.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
You can do a lot with that. Look up some bodyweight as many reps as possible (AMRAP) routines and throw that sucker on.
I'll look into that. Had it laying around from mud run training from years ago, got kinda thrown by no bars to toss around. Probably good to shake up my routine though.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Besides carrying children around all day?

I have this gear, plus a chinup bar and some resistance bands. I have been breaking my days up into push, pull, legs days. I try and workout 4-5 times a week. I have mostly been doing moves as found by Jeff Cavalier and his AthleanX videos. He has so much good content on YouTube it's just unfair to everyone else. 31762

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
My gym has been putting out weekly “at home” programs for us members, and lent us some KB’s and dumbbells, the owners great at creating workouts which I’m glad for, as I’m no good at just doing a workout on my own, I need some direction!

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 4, 2019
ooooh, I like this thread.

I made "dumbbells" using big fabric grocery bags and putting my quarantine provisions inside (bags of rice, lentils, a big jug of peanuts and filled up water bottles). It actually works pretty well. I also fill up my backup with the "weights", and I try to hit all my body parts.

I've been doing a full body workout alternating some of the exercises each day:
  • weighted push ups (standard, incline, decline, wide, or narrow)
  • one arm bent over DB/grocery bag row, or bent over back fly
  • pullups (in the local park)
  • one arm standing shoulder press or lateral raises
  • curls
  • assisted pistol squats and archer squats
  • leg raises or ab wheel
The ab wheel is the only piece of equipment I have at home. I currently live in a smallish apartment overseas, but back in the US I have a power rack and dumbbells. Wishing I had them now, I hate not being able to do a proper workout.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
I gave my power rack, barbell, and weights to my little brother around August and with the gym on lockdown, I've resorted to doing something I haven't done since I was in the Marines: calisthenics and running.

A lot of burpees and their variations like "Navy Seal" burpees and 8 count body builders. Planks, push-ups, bodyweight squats, etc.

I also snagged a pair of Brooks running shoes and started running late at night when the sun is down so no one can see me struggling. As long as every run I either go a longer distance, for more time or get there faster I know I'm improving.

Going from doing powerlifting style workouts to bodyweight shows my stamina level: embarrassingly low haha

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
My gym has been putting out weekly “at home” programs for us members, and lent us some KB’s and dumbbells, the owners great at creating workouts which I’m glad for, as I’m no good at just doing a workout on my own, I need some direction!

Todays workout was sprints, strict instructions not to go 100%. Felt good so thought I’d ignore that and go hard, did a hamstring. Serves me right for not listening:arghh:

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
P90x. Just three days a week for now.

Chest/Back
Shoulders/Arms
Back/Legs

Skipping yoga and cardio. Will slowly integrate HIIT jump roping when the weather gets a little warmer.

Enjoying it a lot so far. Great workout.

Last edited:

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
Damn, the KB workout looks heavy WillHurtDontCare!

For me, my routine looks like this:
Morning : A full body routine that I made up myself. 1 or 2 sets per exercise for all bodyparts. I use a 20kg kettlebell and a pullup bar.
Before lunch: 45min yoga with Yoga with Adrienne on youtube

And during the day I also do some chin-ups and handstands whenever I feel like it.I really want to be able to do a handstand without the support of the wall before the quarantine ends.

redshift

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Sep 4, 2018
I had a coupon for MyYogaWorks online which I've been using, they have a really nice Power Yoga series, I've been doing it twice a day and feel stronger than ever.

Peloton (the bike company) also has a streaming workout program with a 90 days free trial right now. They have a bunch of interesting classes as well.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
Besides carrying children around all day?

I have this gear, plus a chinup bar and some resistance bands. I have been breaking my days up into push, pull, legs days. I try and workout 4-5 times a week. I have mostly been doing moves as found by Jeff Cavalier and his AthleanX videos. He has so much good content on YouTube it's just unfair to everyone else. View attachment 31762

:) Baby Reps! Laugh break... thank you. What an awesome pic.

One day someone ask the kid so how long you been working out? Hilarious! With Proof!

Jim Cavalier..got to love him! He will educate you.

But thank god for the ability to see the video preview as you scroll forward because I just want to see the form sometimes (what to do and what not to do) and jet haha.

ooooh, I like this thread.

I made "dumbbells" using big fabric grocery bags and putting my quarantine provisions inside (bags of rice, lentils, a big jug of peanuts and filled up water bottles). It actually works pretty well. I also fill up my backup with the "weights", and I try to hit all my body parts.

I've been doing a full body workout alternating some of the exercises each day:
  • weighted push ups (standard, incline, decline, wide, or narrow)
  • one arm bent over DB/grocery bag row, or bent over back fly
  • pullups (in the local park)
  • one arm standing shoulder press or lateral raises
  • curls
  • assisted pistol squats and archer squats
  • leg raises or ab wheel
The ab wheel is the only piece of equipment I have at home. I currently live in a smallish apartment overseas, but back in the US I have a power rack and dumbbells. Wishing I had them now, I hate not being able to do a proper workout.

:) "Grocery Bag Row"....get your patent! You killing me.

I am also incorporating some "Furniture" weights training along with body weight training...

Last edited:

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
My routine hasn't changed much. Still mainly using Freeletics - and combining it with some mobility work from Youtube.

Though now, I have a burpees challenge on top.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
I gave my power rack, barbell, and weights to my little brother around August and with the gym on lockdown, I've resorted to doing something I haven't done since I was in the Marines: calisthenics and running.

A lot of burpees and their variations like "Navy Seal" burpees and 8 count body builders. Planks, push-ups, bodyweight squats, etc.

I also snagged a pair of Brooks running shoes and started running late at night when the sun is down so no one can see me struggling. As long as every run I either go a longer distance, for more time or get there faster I know I'm improving.

Going from doing powerlifting style workouts to bodyweight shows my stamina level: embarrassingly low haha

bodyweight doesn’t necessarily mean low intensity, high volume.

Look into these for high intensity that will more closely match powerlifting intensity:

1. Free standing Handstand push-up progression
2. Planche progression
3. Front lever progression
4. L-sit progressions
5. Muscle up progression

mixing these is also very high intensity, like a handstand push-up to Planche without touching the floor, or L-sit to handstand

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness

Look into these for high intensity that will more closely match powerlifting intensity:

1. Free stand Handstand push-up progression
2. Planche progression
4. L-sit progressions
5. Muscle up progression

mixing these is also very high intensity, like a handstand push-up to Planche without touching the floor, or L-sit to handstand

Awesome!

Like surfing YTube....I try alot an see what is in my comfort zone thanks.

Last edited:

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City

2. Planche progression
4. L-sit progressions
5. Muscle up progression

Baby steps over here! If this lockdown goes on long enough those movements could be in my future, but they're not aspirations. I'm still at the point where 10 Navy Seals make me feel all types of out of shape.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
I've been doing a bodyweight fitness routine. Just reddit's recommended routine. It's quite thorough and complete.

Strength work (40-60 minutes)
First Pair
Second Pair
Third Pair
Core Triplet

2. Planche progression
4. L-sit progressions
5. Muscle up progression

I was hoping there'd be another serious bodyweight fitnesser here!

Last edited:

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
Insanity....again!

Full 63 day program. Nearly two weeks in now but know most of the pain comes in the second month!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.