The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Progress] #AndyTalks

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
#AndyTalks 013 - The Big Vision

I wasn't going to publish this, but thought "what the heck".

It's my vision for my business.

I also finish with a thought for the day...

Almost two years to the day since I published this fella, and it’s still my vision. So far I prefer building a subscription business (flat monthly fee) to one where we sell leads, but might end up selling leads later.

A few people have said they miss these videos. I’ve created a new Snapchat account and will use the app to create videos (without having followers).

I’ll also get the podcasts out onto iTunes too soon (yeah, yeah, famous last words).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Your 7 year old did that?

Blimey! It took me 3 days just to figure out how to get a picture above my name. I really must improve my computer skills.

Dan

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Your 7 year old did that?

Blimey! It took me 3 days just to figure out how to get a picture above my name. I really must improve my computer skills.

Dan
Kids are amazing. Daniel is 9 now, but when he was 5 he did the second video in this thread after watching the first video:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Why don’t you upload your AndyTalks to iTunes as a Podcast?

I would subscribe to that cast and it’s probably so east just to copy them over.

Maybe even give them a title so non-forum members can figure out what they are.

“AndyTalksBiz” ... I mean it would add a ton of value.

Such a great time we live in where value is literally copy/pastable ;D
@ChrisV

Thanks for posting this in that other thread.

It’s interesting that I’ve not put it on iTunes yet. I believe there’s some platform or process that can suck the content from SoundCloud and add all the episodes to iTunes - keeping the original dates.

It should be easy really, so why have I not done it yet?

Simplistically, it’s because I can’t figure out a name for it that I can get fully behind.

The loooong version:

I like that the recordings seem to help people, and feel I’m doing others a disservice by not putting them on iTunes.

However, I haven’t joined all the dots yet so can’t go all-in on it.

I know that people buy from people and that a podcast and videos can help people to know, like, and trust you.

I was originally blogging on andyblack.net because I could twist and turn and write about what I wanted. I do think blogging on a personal named domain is a good place to start for precisely that reason.

Done-For-You AdWords prospects were finding me through that site, but I also had DIY articles in the mix (articles on how I generate leads for myself, how I close them, and the type of business I’m building).

I wanted to split those two types of articles so started by cloning all the content from andyblack.net to FreelanceAndBeyond.com and redirecting andyblack.net to my LinkedIn profile.

Nuking andyblack.net felt great. When I mail people from that address I now know they find my LI profile when they check out my website. (And my LI summary no longer positions me as a “Freelance AdWords Consultant”.)

I firmly believe we can use our personal brands to start projects, but if we’re still running off our personal brand name website then we’re a freelancer or consultant. Sure, I could build a team and Perry Marshall has done very well, but he can’t sell PerryMarshall.com for as much as Gary V could sell vaynermedia.com.

I ultimately want to build businesses that run without me, rather than need me as the front-man.

I’m happy to use my personal brand and podcasts and videos to jumpstart a brand, so long as that brand can eventually stand on its own two feet.

But I don’t really like the domain name FreelanceAndBeyond.com. Yes, there’s a massive base of people who want to go freelancing, and a massive base of freelancers who want to move beyond. And these markets are only set to grow. And yes, I can help those folks.

But I write more about what I’m doing having gone beyond being a freelancer, and I think the name repels people who might be interested in what I currently write or talk about because they too don’t view themselves as freelancers. (And attracts people who are then maybe confused about what I do write about.)

And I don’t label myself as a freelancer at all so don’t even want to log into the domain.

A while ago I changed the name of my Soundcloud playlist from “AndyTalks” to “Freelance And Beyond”.

More recently I changed the name of my first paid email newsletter from “Freelance And Beyond” to “Subscriber Growth”. I wrote about why.

I’m still not comfortable with that name.

I like JumpstartPPC.com as the domain where I’ll eventually house The AdWords Jumpstart course and the wee forum I have.

But I wouldn’t want to call my podcast JumpstartPPC because a lot of the time I’m not talking about PPC.

Soooo... what the heck do I call the podcast if it’s to include everything I’ve done to date, and if it’s to still give me the freedom to evolve it in the future?

Of course I want listeners to take action rather than just consume, and to improve their lives.

But I also want those podcasts to lead people somewhere, maybe to some free email course that then allows people to get even more value by paying for different DIY or DFY packages.

People can choose what routes they go down based on asking them to select options on the landing page, so that covers the different markets and needs.

But what’s a good catch all name to cover everything?

Until I’ve figured that out I’ll stay on SoundCloud.

It’s a good problem though. I’ve just started, helped people, and now have learnings from engaging the market. Ready, Fire, Aim style.

I have thought of a couple of names, but will keep it private while I chew them over a bit more...

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
@ChrisV

Thanks for posting this in that other thread.

It’s interesting that I’ve not put it on iTunes yet. I believe there’s some platform or process that can suck the content from SoundCloud and add all the episodes to iTunes - keeping the original dates.

It should be easy really, so why have I not done it yet?

Simplistically, it’s because I can’t figure out a name for it that I can get fully behind.

The loooong version:

I like that the recordings seem to help people, and feel I’m doing others a disservice by not putting them on iTunes.

However, I haven’t joined all the dots yet so can’t go all-in on it.

I know that people buy from people and that a podcast and videos can help people to know, like, and trust you.

I was originally blogging on andyblack.net because I could twist and turn and write about what I wanted. I do think blogging on a personal named domain is a good place to start for precisely that reason.

Done-For-You AdWords prospects were finding me through that site, but I also had DIY articles in the mix (articles on how I generate leads for myself, how I close them, and the type of business I’m building).

I wanted to split those two types of articles so started by cloning all the content from andyblack.net to FreelanceAndBeyond.com and redirecting andyblack.net to my LinkedIn profile.

Nuking andyblack.net felt great. When I mail people from that address I now know they find my LI profile when they check out my website. (And my LI summary no longer positions me as a “Freelance AdWords Consultant”.)

I firmly believe we can use our personal brands to start projects, but if we’re still running off our personal brand name website then we’re a freelancer or consultant. Sure, I could build a team and Perry Marshall has done very well, but he can’t sell PerryMarshall.com for as much as Gary V could sell vaynermedia.com.

I ultimately want to build businesses that run without me, rather than need me as the front-man.

I’m happy to use my personal brand and podcasts and videos to jumpstart a brand, so long as that brand can eventually stand on its own two feet.

But I don’t really like the domain name FreelanceAndBeyond.com. Yes, there’s a massive base of people who want to go freelancing, and a massive base of freelancers who want to move beyond. And these markets are only set to grow. And yes, I can help those folks.

But I write more about what I’m doing having gone beyond being a freelancer, and I think the name repels people who might be interested in what I currently write or talk about because they too don’t view themselves as freelancers. (And attracts people who are then maybe confused about what I do write about.)

And I don’t label myself as a freelancer at all so don’t even want to log into the domain.

A while ago I changed the name of my Soundcloud playlist from “AndyTalks” to “Freelance And Beyond”.

More recently I changed the name of my first paid email newsletter from “Freelance And Beyond” to “Subscriber Growth”. I wrote about why.

I’m still not comfortable with that name.

I like JumpstartPPC.com as the domain where I’ll eventually house The AdWords Jumpstart course and the wee forum I have.

But I wouldn’t want to call my podcast JumpstartPPC because a lot of the time I’m not talking about PPC.

Soooo... what the heck do I call the podcast if it’s to include everything I’ve done to date, and if it’s to still give me the freedom to evolve it in the future?

Of course I want listeners to take action rather than just consume, and to improve their lives.

But I also want those podcasts to lead people somewhere, maybe to some free email course that then allows people to get even more value by paying for different DIY or DFY packages.

People can choose what routes they go down based on asking them to select options on the landing page, so that covers the different markets and needs.

But what’s a good catch all name to cover everything?

Until I’ve figured that out I’ll stay on SoundCloud.

It’s a good problem though. I’ve just started and now have learnings from engaging the market. Ready, Fire, Aim style.

I have thought of a name, but will keep it private will I chew it over a bit more...

Can you put it up on iTunes then change the name later? You may be able to change the titles later. It’s funny I was literally thinking “Ready, Fire, Aim” before i got to that part of the post lol.

So the issue is that you want a name, but you feel “Andy________” makes it tied to you and you want it to to have wings on its own?

In that case maybe play off your last last? Black _______. That gives you a million options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

I would come up with a neutral-sounding name, either a random word or a name that can apply to many different things. That will let you evolve and build a business brand.

I like using domain name generators to brainstorm ideas. Here are some of the best ones:

Lean Domain Search
#domain name #search made fun and easy - namemesh.com
Domain Name Search

In that case maybe play off your last last? Black _______. That gives you a million options.

I like this idea.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

BigDaddyKane

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Jan 19, 2011
Andy, thanks for posting this. Been following you on this forum for a LONG time. I was a longtime lurker on here and have rarely posted, however without a doubt this forum has contributed to my mindset and my successes so far - which is why I ultimately always end up coming back. That being said, looking forward to reading on your progress.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Andy, thanks for posting this. Been following you on this forum for a LONG time. I was a longtime lurker on here and have rarely posted, however without a doubt this forum has contributed to my mindset and my successes so far - which is why I ultimately always end up coming back. That being said, looking forward to reading on your progress.
Well I’m glad to see you posting here, and in @Rabby ’s inside progress thread.

It’s interesting you bump this thread. I’d forgotten about it.

I’ve still zero interest in putting my accidental podcast up on iTunes. The recordings are for fellow TFLF members.

I may create YouTube videos about Google Ads to get found there and lead folks to my course (or maybe TFLF)?

astr0

Grinding
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 3, 2017
Lviv, Ukraine
Andy, thanks for putting all your time and effort into helping people.

I really like your videos, especially on mindset, general tips, and the interviews.
Your posts here are also great, and I would say they are better with giving advice on specific topics and how-to.
But they definitely miss some thought process and "why?" compared to videos.
I can't pinpoint the exact reasons it feels like that.
Maybe cause videos are more personal, maybe you go deeper there and walking around the topic a little, maybe the intonation helps to spot what's more important, maybe it's the articulation. Probably everything contributes to the experience.
On some videos, you actually explain the thought process behind it, on others, it's not cut that much.
I really like that those videos are short and they can be watched in spare minutes without having to allocate an hour or more.
Earlier in your vlog, you shared some future plans for your business more in a way where is it going.
Glad that you got further ahead on this way now. Congratulations!

Overall, I would say your posts are more helpful for people facing the wall with their next step or learning something they need now.
While videos provide more value on mindset and general entrepreneurship, allowing to better understand the why behind it.
Those are really helpful for someone just starting out or going through big changes with their existing business to detach income from time.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks for the feedback @astr0. It's very interesting. Some people don’t like the videos because I “ramble” too much. Others like them because I tell a story to get to the point. For the videos created on the Snapchat app I am able to self-edit each clip as I go along. It makes each sentence complete, but I still have no idea where it’s going. This puts them more similar to posts I make - because they’re usually via my phone which makes it hard to go back and edit.

I let the walk and talk vlogs slide because they seemed like a good walk ruined (like they say about golf... haha). I want to clear my head on those walks, and trying to record a video at the same time means I don't chill and appreciate the now.

Another reason I've not put the accidental podcast up on iTunes is that I don't want to got the "personal branding" /guru route. On the one hand I don't want my business to grow because I'm the front-man, yet on the other hand it may help more people outside the forum if I were to do “the extra twist” of recording what I do anyway and making it available.

Maybe I'm doing folks a disservice by not posting more often? I suspect not though... there seems to already be enough noise out there.

Thanks for ressurrecting this thread. I'll mull it all over.

astr0

Grinding
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 3, 2017
Lviv, Ukraine
Thanks for the feedback @astr0. It's very interesting. Some people don’t like the videos because I “ramble” too much. Others like them because I tell a story to get to the point. For the videos created on the Snapchat app I am able to self-edit each clip as I go along. It makes each sentence complete, but I still have no idea where it’s going. This puts them more similar to posts I make - because they’re usually via my phone which makes it hard to go back and edit.
The story part and that you have no idea where it's going from the start really makes it feel more natural. Not just some random motivational speech and mindset tips without context. It allows to really get a grasps on "why" and your thought process.
I let the walk and talk vlogs slide because they seemed like a good walk ruined (like they say about golf... haha). I want to clear my head on those walks, and trying to record a video at the same time means I don't chill and appreciate the now.
I see... making a video and thinking during a walk really keeps you focused and not relaxed.
Another reason I've not put the accidental podcast up on iTunes is that I don't want to got the "personal branding" /guru route. On the one hand I don't want my business to grow because I'm the front-man, yet on the other hand it may help more people outside the forum if I were to do the extra twist. Maybe I'm doing folks a disservice. I suspect not though... there's already enough noise out there.
Yes, there're many videos out there already with a ton of value. Thanks for making them!
Don't think that you're doing a disservice to someone. I haven't watched 20% of them yet and already learned a lot and can definitely feel some mindset shift already. Wonder what would happen when I watch all of them or do I really need to watch everyone, cause enough maybe even less than you made. However, watching you talking genuine is also fun, so I might get through all of them at some point.

Wonder why they are not getting the views considering the value they provide. Do people spend all their time on entertainment and get-rich-quick schemes? Or don't think the mindset is so important?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
The story part and that you have no idea where it's going from the start really makes it feel more natural. Not just some random motivational speech and mindset tips without context. It allows to really get a grasps on "why" and your thought process.

I see... making a video and thinking during a walk really keeps you focused and not relaxed.

Yes, there're many videos out there already with a ton of value. Thanks for making them!
Don't think that you're doing a disservice to someone. I haven't watched 20% of them yet and already learned a lot and can definitely feel some mindset shift already. Wonder what would happen when I watch all of them or do I really need to watch everyone, cause enough maybe even less than you made. However, watching you talking genuine is also fun, so I might get through all of them at some point.

Wonder why they are not getting the views considering the value they provide. Do people spend all their time on entertainment and get-rich-quick schemes? Or don't think the mindset is so important?
YouTube videos, blog posts, etc don’t just get views because they’re created. They have to get found or in front of people. I’ve not bothered with that part.

astr0

Grinding
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 3, 2017
Lviv, Ukraine
YouTube videos, blog posts, etc don’t just get views because they’re created. They have to get found or in front of people. I’ve not bothered with that part.
Sure, I was talking more about natural social and "SEO" views/shares.
At least there are links to them on this forum and many people are lurking here daily.
You contribute to this forum a lot of value so people might be looking for more of your content and, for example, find this thread or other #AndyTalk threads or just find you on YouTube (which is hard, cause there's some popular Andy Black singer). And those who viewed and liked might have shared some too (and probably did, as some of them do have view spikes). Yeah, youtube suggestion algorithms won't kick in without hype or many views already and you no longer have this thread in your signature (is was there a few years ago, right?) and haven't tried to promote them in another way.

From views distribution between videos, I would say people are more interested in shortcuts, specific tips, and how-tos. Those videos got a lot more views than the mindset, progress, and general tips.

You have 350+ subscribers on youtube and some good videos got less than 50 views.
That's what I've meant without overthinking it).
Relative to others, not the absolute numbers.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I’m back!

Here’s a video from a couple of days ago where I’m super pleased to discover Loom:
View: https://youtu.be/qW7sK8WErl4

Here’s a Loom video I did this morning on my laptop and sent to a prospect. It could as easily be part of a course:
View: https://youtu.be/YlSCgI0Rafc

And here’s a talking head video taken just now in the kitchen on my iPhone. I then uploaded to YouTube straight from my phone, and then created this post on my phone. Amazing.
View: https://youtu.be/PtxzM6ogMcM

Oh, and ^^^ this one has one Like already, when I only just uploaded it and haven’t shared it yet. I think that’s amazing too.

I’ll do a video later to explain why I’m back.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Don't think that you're doing a disservice to someone.
Just rereading this.

What I meant was: there’s so many videos out there on the internet discussing similar things that I don’t see the point of adding to the noise.

I’d only want to create something that I feel isn’t available and I think should be. (Like when I created my Google Ads course - I created it because I couldn’t find a short course to direct people to that would get them up and running safely.)

And what I meant by “doing people a disservice” is that maybe because I’m uncomfortable growing a personal brand then maybe I’m not helping a few people who I could otherwise help.

Again though, I think those people would find the help they need anyway.

astr0

Grinding
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 3, 2017
Lviv, Ukraine
I’d only want to create something that I feel isn’t available and I think should be.
Yes, this makes a ton of sense.

Your way of talking about those things was way different than most of noise on the internet. More casual and more about how you think, not just lectures. That alone added a lot of value;)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Loom has seriously sped me up. I redid 6 videos for my course last night. It’s so simple to create and watch back that the process ended up being:
  1. Create quick video (2-4 mins) on my laptop.
  2. Watch back.
  3. Catch mistakes early (sound quality issues usually).
  4. Redo the video.
  5. Rinse-repeat till happy.
  6. Download to computer.
  7. Upload to Thinkific.
I’ve got rid of the Edit step in Camtasia on my computer. This was a time consuming step where I had to find and load the media into Camtasia, watch, edit, then export to MP4 to upload to my course, Facebook, or YouTube.

After I did the 6 course videos I created 3 separate videos to drop into various Facebook groups. They were all pretty much identical, but with a different hello message at the start to the group, and geared towards the industry or location the group is in.

Here’s one that I created to upload to YouTube and to a post in TFLF:
View: https://youtu.be/XWUDkEpLdXY

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Loom has seriously sped me up. I redid 6 videos for my course last night. It’s so simple to create and watch back that the process ended up being:
  1. Create quick video (2-4 mins) on my laptop.
  2. Watch back.
  3. Catch mistakes early (sound quality issues usually).
  4. Redo the video.
  5. Rinse-repeat till happy.
  6. Download to computer.
  7. Upload to Thinkific.
I’ve got rid of the Edit step in Camtasia on my computer. This was a time consuming step where I had to find and load the media into Camtasia, watch, edit, then export to MP4 to upload to my course, Facebook, or YouTube.

After I did the 6 course videos I created 3 separate videos to drop into various Facebook groups. They were all pretty much identical, but with a different hello message at the start to the group, and geared towards the industry or location the group is in.

Here’s one that I created to upload to YouTube and to a post in TFLF:
View: https://youtu.be/XWUDkEpLdXY
@Lex DeVille ... curious how you're finding Loom. Has it sped up your video creation process?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'd love to have somewhere I can go to record videos ... where everything is already setup.

This wasn't practical for the playroom/office for flipchart videos because it takes ages to setup and take down:

I found this compromise:
  • Move the games table out.
  • Put a box on it.
  • Put a laptop on the box (so it's at eye level).
  • Use USB keyboard and mouse, and lapel mic.
  • Use Loom.com so the processing is done in the cloud, not on my slow laptop.
  • Use a bright (blue light?) bulb overhead.
  • Blank wall behind.
2 minutes to setup and put away again.

I've ordered a couple of LED lights to sit on stands either side of the box.
I've also found the keyboard is very noisy so I put a blanked on the table before putting everything else on it. And I put the red cushion in front of the box to reduce echo.

Now to figure out how to do flipchart drawings on the laptop and talk over them. @ApparentHorizon pointed out AWW App | Online Whiteboard for Realtime Visual Collaboration (thanks!) ...

Here's a video created with that setup. It was recorded in Loom and I edited it down in Camtasia.

The sound is a bit echoing still. I'll figure it out. It's good enough - same as the lighting.

View: https://youtu.be/mQpUdiR5Txw

In other news...

Next week I'm starting a 6-8 week YouTube coaching programme to up my YouTube game.

Stay tuned!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I have a YouTube coach for the next few weeks, and am in a small Facebook group of 10 that he’s coaching. I’m not going to go into details of what he’s teaching us because that’s his proprietary stuff.

My second homework was to come up with a course that I’ll put on YouTube for free (probably on a brand new channel).

I’ve just recorded an update for the group in the style of video I want to do for the free course I’ll create. I’ve also posted that video as an unlisted one on my current channel (see below).

I’m happy with the audio, and that I can look at the camera now. I’ll try to improve the lighting and then it’s onto content and delivery.

View: https://youtu.be/CGl9qleTjIE

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hmmm... I've just watched this video from over three years ago. With the Snapchat app that video was very simple to record and self edit as I went along. It flowed quite well, and it was fun to do. Maybe I'll start doing these again.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
How to create a Google Ads account without adding billing details.

I bought an LED light to go just above my monitor. Thought I'd try it out with this 1 min video.

View: https://youtu.be/mLYH9OBd3J0

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I picked up the last mic in the shop yesterday (another darn Yeti, but the Nano this time). It took me two hours to get it working last night. It doesn't work with Loom for some reason, which takes control of the gain level and maxes it out.

Anyway, here's a short video with the new mic. Definitely sounds better than the video in the post above.

View: https://youtu.be/4Eql3ybEP80

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Blimey. I just hit 500 subs. That’s mostly forum members as I just use YouTube to house videos I post into threads in here. Thanks for following folks!

2F73E78C-B8D1-412B-83CF-24C6578FADF7.png

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
You have quite the soothing voice to listen to.

Are you specifically trying to go somewhere with the reviewing?

Or are you just doing that for us fastlaners?

petition for andy to narrate Mj's next book if he is to lazy to do it like Unscripted

#putandyonthepayroll

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
petition for andy to narrate Mj's next book if he is to lazy to do it like Unscripted

#putandyonthepayroll
I forgot some people liked my voice. Thanks @sparechange.

I wonder if it’s the accent, tone, or delivery?

I’m super excited I finally got a nice mic working with my PC. It was originally to up the quality of my paid courses, but it now has me thinking about doing more YouTube content, and maybe even a more official podcast than my accidental one up on SoundCloud.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.