The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Possibly The Coolest Job Opportunity Ever

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
We’re hiring!!!

We are looking to hire someone special this year for our company. We manufacture and sell premium men's personal care products like aftershave, balms, shave soap and creams, cologne, beard oil, skincare, etc. for our two brands - Barberry Coast Shave Co. and Hemingway Accoutrements.

Our small but growing businesses are located in beautiful Scottsdale, AZ. This is for an in-office position so you must live in Phoenix/Scottsdale or surrounding areas OR willing to move here. Please note, we are searching far and wide to fill this position. This forum is just one of many platforms we're using to spread the word.

Let’s get to the good stuff:
  1. The work is fun, fresh and dynamic. You will be working directly for the Director/Founder, (that’s me, Allen), and helping me with a mix of projects and support for both brands we own.
  2. We aren’t big on stress. So, while we will expect you to work efficiently and get things done, we focus on open communication and getting things done right the first go around.
  3. We’re looking to have you work 9am-5pm M-F (these are our operating hours) but we can work with your schedule as needed when special situations arise.
  4. You will experience things, do things, and make decisions on things that no big stuffy company would ever allow you to do. You would be directly responsible for the daily operation of the company. How cool is that?!
  5. You will be a member of our “Planning Group”. (Maybe we should come up with a better name for this, haha.) The mission of our Planning Group is to increase profitability, performance, product offering, customer service and efficiency of the company as a whole. We have weekly meetings as well as bi-annual meetups.
  6. “Show me the money!” You’ll be paid a semi-monthly base compensation. Salaried $30,000/year.
  7. In addition to base compensation, you will be entitled to performance incentives. Yup, you read that right!!!
  8. BUT WAIT! There’s more! You can also be eligible for discretionary cash-based incentives based upon meeting certain operational milestones set by me in our Planning Group Meetings.
  9. Once you’ve been employed for 6 months you qualify for 2 weeks paid vacation per year! Be forewarned, I will deny any vacation requests during Black Friday through Cyber Monday, lol.
  10. Every few months we’ll do something fun or goofy or both as a team.
Now, let’s talk about job requirements:
  1. You need to be the type of person who gets joy out of getting things done. Every day, you will bang out a list of stuff. Fun stuff. Important stuff. Necessary stuff.
  2. You will be on the computer a lot. So, an understanding of social media, email, navigating the web, and other computer-based stuff will be necessary.
  3. You will be on the phone a lot. So, you need to enjoy talking with people and giving/getting directions.
  4. You need to be a person who loves to deliver remarkable experiences to other people. You know, you need to be someone who feels good by making other people feel good.
  5. You need to nail down the details. You don’t need to race through work and get things done half-assed (we figured that one out ourselves). We need you to slow things down and get them done right.
  6. We want you to be meticulous in your work. If you are shy or quiet (which actually sounds perfect for us) that is totally cool. We are not looking for the life of the party (that position has already been filled by me ). We are looking for a good, fun person, who gets stuff done.
In short, your job is to help me in any way you can and help grow the business. And to have fun at work (who wants a job that isn’t fun?!?). Our office is casual, but we do expect professionalism and punctuality.

But what we don’t expect is perfection or existing skills for you to qualify for this job. We can teach you that. We expect intelligence, energy, and a ‘get it done’ attitude.

If this is a job that gets you so excited that you would even do it for free, we would totally accept that offer from you. But if you prefer compensation (and we totally get it… we prefer getting paid as well) this is what we offer: a full time, admin job. The pay is $30,000 a year with performance incentives. You must come into our Scottsdale, AZ office 5 days a week (sorry, but this is not a virtual job).

In addition to being a detailed person, you must follow systems and processes. In fact, just to prove that you are detail-oriented and can follow procedures when you apply for this position in the subject line of the private message you send me you must include “I have found my type of peeps” in the subject line. Yup, that’s our little trick to sort out the people who blanket send their resume to anyone and everyone, from the folks (that’s you) who are truly interested in this position.

We are looking to bring our new colleague on board as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit both in abilities and culturally. One thing that will give you a BIG leg up (but is optional) is to send a quick video (no more than a few minutes) in along with your resume. In your video tell us why you think you’re perfect for this job and why you will rock this position. This is purely for us to get a sense of your personality. And if you decide not to send a video (that’s ok), please tell us why you chose not to send in a video.

We can’t wait to meet you!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
The title is no joke. Anyone looking for their chance should jump on this IMMEDIATELY. Put your best foot forward and be ready to work and show Allen you're worth it. This is an opportunity of a lifetime.

foodiepersecond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 2, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia
We’re hiring!!!

We are looking to hire someone special this year for our company. We manufacture and sell premium men's personal care products like aftershave, balms, shave soap and creams, cologne, beard oil, skincare, etc. for our two brands - Barberry Coast Shave Co. and Hemingway Accoutrements.

Our small but growing businesses are located in beautiful Scottsdale, AZ. This is for an in-office position so you must live in Phoenix/Scottsdale or surrounding areas OR willing to move here. Please note, we are searching far and wide to fill this position. This forum is just one of many platforms we're using to spread the word.

Let’s get to the good stuff:
  1. The work is fun, fresh and dynamic. You will be working directly for the Director/Founder, (that’s me, Allen), and helping me with a mix of projects and support for both brands we own.
  2. We aren’t big on stress. So, while we will expect you to work efficiently and get things done, we focus on open communication and getting things done right the first go around.
  3. We’re looking to have you work 9am-5pm M-F (these are our operating hours) but we can work with your schedule as needed when special situations arise.
  4. You will experience things, do things, and make decisions on things that no big stuffy company would ever allow you to do. You would be directly responsible for the daily operation of the company. How cool is that?!
  5. You will be a member of our “Planning Group”. (Maybe we should come up with a better name for this, haha.) The mission of our Planning Group is to increase profitability, performance, product offering, customer service and efficiency of the company as a whole. We have weekly meetings as well as bi-annual meetups.
  6. “Show me the money!” You’ll be paid a semi-monthly base compensation. Salaried $30,000/year.
  7. In addition to base compensation, you will be entitled to performance incentives. Yup, you read that right!!!
  8. BUT WAIT! There’s more! You can also be eligible for discretionary cash-based incentives based upon meeting certain operational milestones set by me in our Planning Group Meetings.
  9. Once you’ve been employed for 6 months you qualify for 2 weeks paid vacation per year! Be forewarned, I will deny any vacation requests during Black Friday through Cyber Monday, lol.
  10. Every few months we’ll do something fun or goofy or both as a team.
Now, let’s talk about job requirements:
  1. You need to be the type of person who gets joy out of getting things done. Every day, you will bang out a list of stuff. Fun stuff. Important stuff. Necessary stuff.
  2. You will be on the computer a lot. So, an understanding of social media, email, navigating the web, and other computer-based stuff will be necessary.
  3. You will be on the phone a lot. So, you need to enjoy talking with people and giving/getting directions.
  4. You need to be a person who loves to deliver remarkable experiences to other people. You know, you need to be someone who feels good by making other people feel good.
  5. You need to nail down the details. You don’t need to race through work and get things done half-assed (we figured that one out ourselves). We need you to slow things down and get them done right.
  6. We want you to be meticulous in your work. If you are shy or quiet (which actually sounds perfect for us) that is totally cool. We are not looking for the life of the party (that position has already been filled by me ). We are looking for a good, fun person, who gets stuff done.
In short, your job is to help me in any way you can and help grow the business. And to have fun at work (who wants a job that isn’t fun?!?). Our office is casual, but we do expect professionalism and punctuality.

But what we don’t expect is perfection or existing skills for you to qualify for this job. We can teach you that. We expect intelligence, energy, and a ‘get it done’ attitude.

If this is a job that gets you so excited that you would even do it for free, we would totally accept that offer from you. But if you prefer compensation (and we totally get it… we prefer getting paid as well) this is what we offer: a full time, admin job. The pay is $30,000 a year with performance incentives. You must come into our Scottsdale, AZ office 5 days a week (sorry, but this is not a virtual job).

In addition to being a detailed person, you must follow systems and processes. In fact, just to prove that you are detail-oriented and can follow procedures when you apply for this position in the subject line of the private message you send me you must include “I have found my type of peeps” in the subject line. Yup, that’s our little trick to sort out the people who blanket send their resume to anyone and everyone, from the folks (that’s you) who are truly interested in this position.

We are looking to bring our new colleague on board as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit both in abilities and culturally. One thing that will give you a BIG leg up (but is optional) is to send a quick video (no more than a few minutes) in along with your resume. In your video tell us why you think you’re perfect for this job and why you will rock this position. This is purely for us to get a sense of your personality. And if you decide not to send a video (that’s ok), please tell us why you chose not to send in a video.

We can’t wait to meet you!!!
Love the design of the Hemingway bottles. Super jealous that I am not in town.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I think everyone on the fastlane forum loathes applying for jobs and are to busy digging there trenches.

Ok sure..

But if you don't see this as anything short of essentially getting paid to be mentored by Allen.. then you're missing something. No, @AllenCrawley I'm not volunteering you to mentor people.. But think about it, you'll work directly with a legend like Allen day in and day out, you're bound to pick up on a lot of things that have made his business what it is.

Still think think applying to jobs sucks?

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Ok sure..

But if you don't see this as anything short of essentially getting paid to be mentored by Allen.. then you're missing something. No, @AllenCrawley I'm not volunteering you to mentor people.. But think about it, you'll work directly with a legend like Allen day in and day out, you're bound to pick up on a lot of things that have made his business what it is.

Still think think applying to jobs sucks?

Totally agree, just stating the opinion that the majority might think that.

First thing that popped in my mind was dammit the job isn't in Australia haha.

And yes applying for jobs sucks, but we all have done it.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
A small detail, but should the title read "help wanted," rather than "for hire"? That might be confusing some folks.
Good catch! Thanks.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I think everyone on the fastlane forum loathes applying for jobs and are to busy digging there trenches.
Probably why there's only been one person that's showed interest so far, lol.
Good thing I'm not relying on just the forum to find this special someone. :hilarious:

Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Probably why there's only been one person that's showed interest so far, lol.
Good thing I'm not relying on just the forum to find this special someone. :hilarious:

Mind if I share this on my Fb group? Quite likely a few people would love this position.

edit* I am guessing it is ha...

Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 16.13.47.png

Hope this helps, sounds like an amazing gig with tons of potential value.

@GuitarManDan have you met anyone local who might be interested in this?

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Thanks, @Fox! We're getting a lot of local interest via Indeed. Nearly 50 applicants so far! Nearly half have not passed the screening test but I still have a lot of work ahead of me thinning down the group to the best candidates.

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
678%
Feb 28, 2017
NYC
Mind if I share this on my Fb group? Quite likely a few people would love this position.

edit* I am guessing it is ha...

View attachment 26990

Hope this helps, sounds like an amazing gig with tons of potential value.

@GuitarManDan have you met anyone local who might be interested in this?

Hey Fox and Allen,

No one comes to mind off the top of my head but I’ll keep an eye out for it.

Allen I hope you find someone who takes advantage of this amazing opportunity to learn from your experience! I’m sure a majority of the people will just be focused on the yearly pay, vacation days, and all the other nonsense.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

zblundell

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Oct 2, 2019
Is there any other job opportunities that could help you from an internet based perspective? I am looking to do some side hustle work in my free time. Just let me know!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.