The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

PETITION TO RESTORE RIVIOLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Honestly, I'm curious to see how much integrity you have and whether you'll admit you were wrong or not. I think that's a good test of whether you deserve to be unbanned or not.

He doesn't have any. I lost all respect for him when he edited his earlier post and claimed he didn't say that. I don't believe for a second it was a joke. I think he was too dumb to know that an edited message tells the time the post got edited.

In fact, I'm going to edit this message in a few hours after he replies to this to claim I didn't called him dumb.

Just the fact that he had to start this thread tells you something about him. Maybe I will start a "Petition to say biophase is the greatest". Who the f*ck does that? Only losers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I was banned for defending myself,

*Sigh*

You just don't get it don't you?

You weren't banned for an opinion, right or wrong it might be. In fact, if I had to weight my opinion versus some of the others, we might see eye-to-eye on some things.

But this isn't about the veracity of your opinion. It is your delivery.

No, you were banned for being an gloating a**hole, incivility, calling people names, and general douchebaggery.

And now you want to be unbanned so you can continue the same behavior that got you the ban in the first place? Behavior which you now exhibit in this thread?

I'll pass.

And the fact that you continue to post these new threads, in your typical self-righteous grandeur, means you haven't learned a damn thing.

Continue posting new threads on the topic (and hence bypassing your removal from the main CV19 thread) and you will be removed from the forum ENTIRELY. Translation: Post another THREAD on CV19 so you can gloat and poke at other folks and you will be removed from the forum.

TLDR: The problem isn't your opinion, the problem is your unwillingness to change your delivery of it, as evidenced in this thread.

There is another CV19 thread on the forum (which BTW I have on ignore) if people want to talk about it, it can go there. But you have proved, time and time again, that you cannot.

And a reminder if you fail to comprehend: Post another CV19 thread, hence violating the rules I've established for the umpteenth time, and you are gone. GONE.

Thread closed.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
(If People had listened to me, they would be in a better position now)
I don't believe that many people had a problem with your opinions. It was how you stated them. Take your above comment for example. People can process information without the digs.

I also don't disagree with the information that you stated in your posts on this subject. I feel the same way. But was unwilling to support you based on the abrasive nature of the presentation.

I agree though. Let Rivoli post.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018
Orange County, California
@MJ DeMarco @Vigilante

Now that Stanford and USC has cooberated my position that Covid 19 is an absolute nothingburger, the lockdown was a %$@& up of major proportion, I’d like to do a victory lap in the thread I was banned from.

I was banned for defending myself, which was supposed to be 7 days, but I think I’ve served my time and its time for me to rehabilitated to society.

Remember, a great forum has discourse and a variety of opinions to stimulate the mind. I happened to be majorly right on this one, so turns out having a diversits of opinion has its merits (If People had listened to me, they would be in a better position now)

@ChickenHawk @Kak @GIlman @ChrisV @loop101 @MTF @Trevor Kuntz @MoneyDoc @UnrealCreative @WillHurtDontCare

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018
Source or link? I haven't any reports of either organization calling it, to quote you, an "absolute nothingburger."

This is probably because calling it a "nothingburger" is silly. According to Johns Hopkins, we're at 2.5 million confirmed cases, including over 800,000 cases in the USA. In the USA alone, the current death count exceeds 40,000 people. You may think the response was over-reaching or that people exaggerated the impact it might have, or even that the shutdown will do more harm than good. But in no sense of the word can this be called an "absolute nothingburger," and it detracts from the rest of your points (some of which I agree with) by making such ridiculous claims, much less crowing about them.

How would they be better off? In the beginning, while you called this a total nothingburger, I repeatedly encouraged people to stock up on food, supplies, and even toilet paper. Anyone who listened to you would be wiping their butts with their bare hands. You were not majorly right. Nearly all of your predictions were so far off, they're laughable. But I still admire your guts in going against the grain and many of your other opinions, which IMO aren't just gutsy, but pretty darn insightful and accurate.

All that being said, I vote "yes" to reinstate you.

I have a HUGE bombshell story I’ll drop in the thread if it hasnt been posted already. Turns out US doesn’t have 800,000 cases, it probably has had 40,000,000. since December.

Bottom line

Food shelves? Full
Toilet paper? In stock
50,000 beds needed at peak in CA? Only needed 2,000
40,000 vents needed in NY? Just need 6,000
Economy? Destroyed
Happening? Canceled
Burger? NO BEEF!!!!

I do Thank you for your support of FREE SPEECH

But Vigilante said I’m not allowed to make threads about the CCP virus in here, so I’ll save it for after MJ unbans me hopefully.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
@MJ DeMarco @Vigilante

Now that Stanford and USC has cooberated my position that Covid 19 is an absolute nothingburger, the lockdown was a %$@& up of major proportion, I’d like to do a victory lap in the thread I was banned from.

I was banned for defending myself, which was supposed to be 7 days, but I think I’ve served my time and its time for me to rehabilitated to society.

Remember, a great forum has discourse and a variety of opinions to stimulate the mind. I happened to be majorly right on this one, so turns out having a diversits of opinion has its merits (If People had listened to me, they would be in a better position now)

@ChickenHawk @Kak @GIlman @ChrisV @loop101 @MTF @Trevor Kuntz @MoneyDoc @UnrealCreative @WillHurtDontCare

#LETINTHEPASTA

Signed... KAK

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
@MJ DeMarco @Vigilante
Now that Stanford and USC has cooberated my position that Covid 19 is an absolute nothingburger.
Source or link? I haven't any reports of either organization calling it, to quote you, an "absolute nothingburger."

This is probably because calling it a "nothingburger" is silly. According to Johns Hopkins, we're at 2.5 million confirmed cases, including over 800,000 cases in the USA. In the USA alone, the current death count exceeds 40,000 people. You may think the response was over-reaching or that people exaggerated the impact it might have, or even that the shutdown will do more harm than good. But in no sense of the word can this be called an "absolute nothingburger," and it detracts from the rest of your points (some of which I agree with) by making such ridiculous claims, much less crowing about them.

How would they be better off? In the beginning, while you called this a total nothingburger, I repeatedly encouraged people to stock up on food, supplies, and even toilet paper. Anyone who listened to you would be wiping their butts with their bare hands. You were not majorly right. Nearly all of your predictions were so far off, they're laughable. But I still admire your guts in going against the grain and many of your other opinions, which IMO aren't just gutsy, but pretty darn insightful and accurate.

All that being said, I vote "yes" to reinstate you.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Okay let me get something off my chest...

The number of people here trying to downplay C0VlD-19 as "no big deal," as if it hasn't already killed over 100,000 people has really soured my opinion of people on this forum. Rivioli is one of the people contributing to this narrative.

And I've been here for 6 years, how is someone who's new going to feel if they here about this awesome entrepreneurship forum and Rivioli is actively spewing his BS on one of the most interacted with threads?

But that's just my opinion. Take it as you will

TL DR I support the ban

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
648%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
giphy.gif

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Why are some people “voting” and stating their case? Why some people citing government free speech?

This isn’t a democracy, it’s not a public forum, nor is it a club with voting rules/rights.

It’s a a private business. The ownership makes decisions that suit its purpose of creating a healthy and productive discourse. That includes banning and unbanning people at their discretion, no matter what “petitions” people post.

Like all other Rivoli posts, this only suits to feed his narcissistic ego.

Last edited:

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I hope that contest with @Rivoli and @JScott didn't happen, I want them both around.

I'm in for @Rivoli coming back, even if his delivery isn't for everyone, I don't mind the energy he brings.

I feel like I missed some good drama by avoiding the 500 page Coronavirus thread...

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Unban. Our founding fathers fought and died so we can use terms like “nothingburger” and be rude and without sense of nuance.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
I have actively spent less time on the forum since Rivoli started posting new clickbait threads and derailing other ones. I haven’t spoken or engaged with him but there is a silent majority who aren’t happy with the way things have gone over the last two months.

When the forum starts looking like a facebook newsfeed you know something isnt right.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
Even if Rivoli is right, he proves the maxim that a person can be right sometimes and a dumbass always.

I vote to reinstate both Mr. Nothingburger. and JScott.

Last edited:

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
If it's true that 60 days past that post the virus "is over," we let him do his victory lap. If, on the other hand, it's not true that the virus "is over," we allow him to admit he was wrong.
And if he won't admit he's wrong, we permanently change his username to:

WJS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Dec 3, 2017
MY
Please do not unban this piece of sh*t. Countless people have died from this virus and all he cares about is his status in the forum, being "right" and shoving his opinions unto other people.

Yes there should be freedom of speech, but like respect, once violated it should be taken away until such person has shown improvement and that he/she deserves it.

This forum should be a positive place for people to share, encourage and help each other. To have a member constantly and casually joking and mocking a serious matter is just plain disgusting. Remember the "1000 dollar bet" about how many people will die from C0VlD-19? WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING? It's insane that his behaviour is accepted. Would you joke and make a bet about how many students will be killed in a high school shootout this year?

I might have gone overboard with my opinion, but I hope you guys get the message. There should be a fine line between what's acceptable and what's not. It's sad to see the forum sink to such new low

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Forgive me if I'm out of place as I only read the 1st half of the covid thread before deciding it was better for my mental health to avoid the fearmongering. No offense to anyone in particular.

I was surprised when this dude was banned. So he offended some people. Who cares? He might not be the most sympathetic poster but it's good to multiple points of view.

He has called it a nothingburger and some people don't like that. Just like some people don't like when people say the sky is literally falling. As the data comes out science is supporting the idea that it is not nearly as bad as we thought and by we I mean the media and governments. I see both sides guilty of being hyperbolic.

I think everyone should stop being so sensitive and use the ignore button if it really bothers you that much. Banning someone for their points of view makes us no better than Twitter or YouTube.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
For using phrases like "CCP virus" and "Chinese virus" in not just one, but more than one of his posts, I vote for a permanent ban.
Oddly enough, his refusal to bow to political correct conventions is one reason I support unbanning him. This virus originated in China. It was spread (some might say created) through CCP action/inaction. If this virus had originated in Stockholm, there'd be no pointing or shrieking at the term "Stockholm virus." (Hmmm...I wonder why that is. But of course we all know the answer.)

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
All this post has done is given Rivoli another soapbox to spew his vitriol. I personally don't see how anyone benefits from this, aside from Rivoli's ego.

Why people like this are allowed to post at all is beyond me, but that's ultimately not my decision.

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018

Attachments

• 4490249E-FF63-4FF6-9C78-B00BA7BD808D.jpeg
    4490249E-FF63-4FF6-9C78-B00BA7BD808D.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 36

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
@MJ DeMarco @Vigilante

Well, i'm gonna just say this. I vote for your realease from FF prison. That being said, try to be a little more understanding that there are many that are dying and/or very sick. Absolute nothingburger kind of says "i'm not sick, so not my problem"

Free Pizza the Hut !

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I don't mind anyone participating in the thread as long as we all stay civil and don't resort to childish fights. I don't agree with everyone (obviously) but all perspectives are welcome as long as they're based on facts and good arguments. I'd only chill out with your tabloid-inspired headlines lol.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
Banning someone for their points of view makes us no better than Twitter or YouTube.
It's not about the point of view. It's about the delivery and subsequent posturing that has caused the stir.

Banned for his behaviour, not his message.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
So obviously, probably nobody on the history of this forum has taken the flak I have. Look at this thread. Half the people, including yourself, are outright insulting me.

Which I am ok with actually. Remember, when I said the shut down was a mistake, people called me all kinds of names, including “sociopathic”. Now it’s the prevailing theme, that majority here thinks the lockdown was an over reaction.

People also called me a retard for saying altcoins (like XRP and ETH) we’re completely worthless in 2018, and only bitcoin would be worth anything in a year or two.

I really don’t care what people say about me. I wear their rage as a badge of honor that I am right.

Which is why I don’t understand why people think I have a huge ego. Who has an ego and makes a thread like this. Call me whatever you want, but I think it’s silly to say I have a huge ego.

Regarding whether I should be allowed a voice, Peter Thiel has a great quote on this:

"If you have a majority of the vote, that's good. "If you get 70%, that's even better. "And if you get 99.99% of the vote, you're in North Korea."

I often enter discussions where I’m in the 0.01% contrarian. To me those are the most important debates to take up. Getting to 100% consensus isn’t a good thing most of the time - while you might hate me, wish I was silenced, you are only hurting yourself.

Contrarian opinions are fine. Free speech is fine too.

But a community with a purpose and goals needs to have a set of standards to which they hold their members.

If the standards of this community allow self-serving, tactless narcissists to have an equal or greater voice to well-informed and reasonable contributors (no matter their opinions, contrarian or otherwise), then it will push quite a few people out – self included.

It all comes down to the kind of community MJ wants to build.

I will no longer be feeding your ego by replying to your posts or this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.