The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

PETITION TO RESTORE RIVIOLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Honestly, I'm curious to see how much integrity you have and whether you'll admit you were wrong or not. I think that's a good test of whether you deserve to be unbanned or not.

He doesn't have any. I lost all respect for him when he edited his earlier post and claimed he didn't say that. I don't believe for a second it was a joke. I think he was too dumb to know that an edited message tells the time the post got edited.

In fact, I'm going to edit this message in a few hours after he replies to this to claim I didn't called him dumb.

Just the fact that he had to start this thread tells you something about him. Maybe I will start a "Petition to say biophase is the greatest". Who the f*ck does that? Only losers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
giphy.gif

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Well at least most folks recovered their sense of humour a week later.It is a sensitive subject though.
I wont cast a vote , it's MJ DeMarco's forum and his discretion.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Last edited:

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
It seems the basis for this proposed "nothingburger" was based primarily on the USC-LA Study
which suggests infections in LA County far exceed the number of confirmed cases.
View: https://twitter.com/lapublichealth/status/1252326234077487107

Well, it was peer reviewed, found here: Peer Review of “C0VlD-19 Antibody Seroprevalence in Santa Clara County, California”. The reliability of antibody testing found in this study can also be seen here: Antibody tests suggest that coronavirus infections vastly exceed official counts

The 3,330 participants in this study were recruited via Facebook ads. That should tell you something right there. It was even acknowledged in the study that it could be tainted due to participants possibly seeking antibody confirmation.

There are a number of other issues that mess with the sampling, like if the people who participated thought they may have been exposed and had no other way to get tested, so they used the study. These people could have also shared the link to the study with other people who may have been exposed. Yet there are still other issues, like a high false positive test rate.

Whatever the case may be, it is ignorant to dismiss the coronavirus as a "nothingburger".

I can see counterarguments. But the fact is, this is a sensitive issue and it is an important time. To reference a recent example, I don't think that it was appropriate for London Real to give a platform to someone who completely dismissed the coronavirus as a hoax. That sort of discussion is welcome after the fact, but not in the middle of a pandemic . It can cause people to alter their actions and lead to more illness and death. And I think the same goes for here here.

WJS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Dec 3, 2017
MY
Please do not unban this piece of sh*t. Countless people have died from this virus and all he cares about is his status in the forum, being "right" and shoving his opinions unto other people.

Yes there should be freedom of speech, but like respect, once violated it should be taken away until such person has shown improvement and that he/she deserves it.

This forum should be a positive place for people to share, encourage and help each other. To have a member constantly and casually joking and mocking a serious matter is just plain disgusting. Remember the "1000 dollar bet" about how many people will die from C0VlD-19? WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING? It's insane that his behaviour is accepted. Would you joke and make a bet about how many students will be killed in a high school shootout this year?

I might have gone overboard with my opinion, but I hope you guys get the message. There should be a fine line between what's acceptable and what's not. It's sad to see the forum sink to such new low

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Yes there should be freedom of speech, but like respect, once violated it should be taken away until such person has shown improvement and that he/she deserves it.
I don't even know what this entire thread is in reference to, but keep in mind: making fun of people dying is 100% covered by freedom of speech. How did he violate it?

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
@Rivoli is an insensitive asshat.

I have never had someone go on and off my ignore list so frequently.

One minute i find him funny, the next minute i want to reach through my computer and strangle him.

I vote no.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
For using phrases like "CCP virus" and "Chinese virus" in not just one, but more than one of his posts, I vote for a permanent ban.
But then again, this is just a personal issue I've with him and I understand most people agree with him.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Why are some people “voting” and stating their case? Why some people citing government free speech?

This isn’t a democracy, it’s not a public forum, nor is it a club with voting rules/rights.

It’s a a private business. The ownership makes decisions that suit its purpose of creating a healthy and productive discourse. That includes banning and unbanning people at their discretion, no matter what “petitions” people post.

Like all other Rivoli posts, this only suits to feed his narcissistic ego.

Last edited:

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Freedom of speech only relates to government censorship... This forum is not administered by the government.
I know. I was just replying to his reasoning for a ban being violating free speech. I guess MJ for president is out of the question.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
I have actively spent less time on the forum since Rivoli started posting new clickbait threads and derailing other ones. I haven’t spoken or engaged with him but there is a silent majority who aren’t happy with the way things have gone over the last two months.

When the forum starts looking like a facebook newsfeed you know something isnt right.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
Why are some people “voting” and stating their case? Why some people citing government free speech?

This isn’t a democracy, it’s not a public forum, nor is it a club with voting rules/rights.

It’s a a private business. The ownership makes decisions that suit its purpose of creating a healthy and productive discourse. That includes banning and unbanning people at their discretion, no matter what “petitions” people post.

Like all other Rivoli posts, this only suits to feed his narcissistic ego.
Fair point. I doubt this petition will have any effect on decision-making, but it is interesting to see the responses to the petition. If anything, it shows that he is even more of a dumbass than I originally suspected. I mean, A) presenting arguments so poorly that people who agree with his underlying beliefs won’t publicly support his arguments, B) making himself the butt of multiple jokes, and C) irritating Fastlaners to such a level that there is a rising degree of hidden schadenfreude about his business venture proves that his judgment and personality are extremely flawed.

His balls are in MJ’s court and your post is spot-on. I redact my “vote.”

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
For using phrases like "CCP virus" and "Chinese virus" in not just one, but more than one of his posts, I vote for a permanent ban.
Oddly enough, his refusal to bow to political correct conventions is one reason I support unbanning him. This virus originated in China. It was spread (some might say created) through CCP action/inaction. If this virus had originated in Stockholm, there'd be no pointing or shrieking at the term "Stockholm virus." (Hmmm...I wonder why that is. But of course we all know the answer.)

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018
Orange County, California
But then again, this is just a personal issue I've with him and I understand most people agree with him.
Let me guess - you actually believe China only has 4,600 deaths.

Didn’t chairman Xi ban all Chinese residents from chatting Online? Are you on a VPN?

Are you one of these guys?

@Xeon it is the CCP virus. try to hide the truth all you want, but if you want to support that evil government that’s disgusting

Last edited:

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018
Freedom of speech only relates to government censorship... This forum is not administered by the government.
Some believe that freedom of speech isn’t just a law. It’s a principle one should protect everywhere in life.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Forgive me if I'm out of place as I only read the 1st half of the covid thread before deciding it was better for my mental health to avoid the fearmongering. No offense to anyone in particular.

I was surprised when this dude was banned. So he offended some people. Who cares? He might not be the most sympathetic poster but it's good to multiple points of view.

He has called it a nothingburger and some people don't like that. Just like some people don't like when people say the sky is literally falling. As the data comes out science is supporting the idea that it is not nearly as bad as we thought and by we I mean the media and governments. I see both sides guilty of being hyperbolic.

I think everyone should stop being so sensitive and use the ignore button if it really bothers you that much. Banning someone for their points of view makes us no better than Twitter or YouTube.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
Banning someone for their points of view makes us no better than Twitter or YouTube.
It's not about the point of view. It's about the delivery and subsequent posturing that has caused the stir.

Banned for his behaviour, not his message.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Forgive me if I'm out of place as I only read the 1st half of the covid thread before deciding it was better for my mental health to avoid the fearmongering. No offense to anyone in particular.

I was surprised when this dude was banned. So he offended some people. Who cares? He might not be the most sympathetic poster but it's good to multiple points of view.

He has called it a nothingburger and some people don't like that. Just like some people don't like when people say the sky is literally falling. As the data comes out science is supporting the idea that it is not nearly as bad as we thought and by we I mean the media and governments. I see both sides guilty of being hyperbolic.

I think everyone should stop being so sensitive and use the ignore button if it really bothers you that much. Banning someone for their points of view makes us no better than Twitter or YouTube.
Literally 100% what I did and believe. I like you.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
15 new cases today. No deaths. Nearly 70 million people in the country.. Many businesses going broke..a lot of friends and family suffering.., people starving and waiting in non-social distancing food lines which are being prevented from serving food now because people in limes are standing too close to each other....all to comply with countries that are being hit hard even though we should be the worst off..

Top countries for Chinese tourists..
  1. Hong Kong
  2. Macau
  3. Taiwan
  4. Thailand
  5. Japan
  6. Vietnam
  7. South Korea
  8. Singapore
  9. USA
  10. Italy

We should all be dead I suppose...@rivoli does climate change the outcome? Trying to figure out why Thailand wasn't decimated when all the Chinese new year travellers flew here

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018
15 new cases today. No deaths. Nearly 70 million people in the country.. Many businesses going broke..a lot of friends and family suffering.., people starving and waiting in non-social distancing food lines which are being prevented from serving food now because people in limes are standing too close to each other....all to comply with countries that are being hit hard even though we should be the worst off..

1. Hong Kong
  2. Macau
  3. Taiwan
  4. Thailand
  5. Japan
  6. Vietnam
  7. South Korea
  8. Singapore
  9. USA
  10. Italy

We should all be dead I suppose...@rivoli does climate change the outcome? Trying to figure out why Thailand wasn't decimated when all the Chinese new year travellers flew here

I know the reason. It’s hidden in the reporting in New York, and Italy deaths and has more to do with politics than the virus. Also has to do with California.

I’ll save it for the thread.

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018

1. Hong Kong
  2. Macau
  3. Taiwan
  4. Thailand
  5. Japan
  6. Vietnam
  7. South Korea
  8. Singapore
  9. USA
  10. Italy

I just want to say - Thailand is doing great things to fight China and stop their dam. Keep it up. AMERICA supports you

Attachments

• 6A0B06E3-17D9-4A50-93A3-F09BB12A2677.jpeg
    6A0B06E3-17D9-4A50-93A3-F09BB12A2677.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 19

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018
And I do mean AMERICA. We have all woken up to the CCP war on us and more and more are joining the fight every day.

hopefully CCP will collapse within the next decade

Attachments

• 200C7CFD-B597-4602-B8B0-8553CDEDD416.png
    200C7CFD-B597-4602-B8B0-8553CDEDD416.png
    403 KB · Views: 12

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I just want to say - Thailand is doing great things to fight China and stop their dam. Keep it up. AMERICA supports you
Leaning towards false and no comment. Not for public discussion.

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas
@MJ DeMarco @Vigilante

Now that Stanford and USC has cooberated my position that Covid 19 is an absolute nothingburger, the lockdown was a %$@& up of major proportion, I’d like to do a victory lap in the thread I was banned from.

I was banned for defending myself, which was supposed to be 7 days, but I think I’ve served my time and its time for me to rehabilitated to society.

Remember, a great forum has discourse and a variety of opinions to stimulate the mind. I happened to be majorly right on this one, so turns out having a diversits of opinion has its merits (If People had listened to me, they would be in a better position now)

@ChickenHawk @Kak @GIlman @ChrisV @loop101 @MTF @Trevor Kuntz @MoneyDoc @UnrealCreative @WillHurtDontCare
RELEASE THE PASTA!
LINK TO THE STORY <<< CLICK
The mortality rate on the lowest number of positives is 0.0027 % mortality, WHICH WOULD MAKE IT LESS THAN THE REGULAR FLU! Note they don't do the math or point this out in the article even though it's a MASSIVELY important fact!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!