The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need feedback and giveaway

heeya

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Aug 12, 2018
Korea
Hello fastlaners,

I created two sample video ads for business owners to sell my video AD editing service (All images and music are royalty-free). I have no idea how people think of these videos as an advertisement. I need your honest opinion. And anyone who likes my videos or needs an advertising video, I can make it for free. I learned so many things from this forum. I want to contribute to the forum.

This one advertises steak restaurant.

This video advertises my gig on Fiverr.

Sorry for bad English.
Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Cvince

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
May 2, 2019
Toronto
My honest opinion is that your Fiverr ad lacks originality. In such an oversaturated market, how do you think your ad stands out from the others? It doesn't. Unless you have some creative way to market the ad I think it will be lost somewhere on the 50+ page.

heeya

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Aug 12, 2018
Korea
My honest opinion is that your Fiverr ad lacks originality. In such an oversaturated market, how do you think your ad stands out from the others? It doesn't. Unless you have some creative way to market the ad I think it will be lost somewhere on the 50+ page.

I appreciate your honest opinion. Yes, differentiation is the key to stand out in the saturated market. I need to study about this point.
Thank you so much!

MILIANARD134

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Mar 22, 2018
France
Ok so here is my opinion.
The first ad is good, but the music is honestly terrible. Why do you use an epic theme for a steak restaurant ? This is non sense, also, i think the typography sounds cheap on both video, and the color too.
Like "message is the key" red colour don't link with the video, and the typo is too simple. Anyway good job

Cvince

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
May 2, 2019
Toronto
Did you use a template to create your ads? Because they have a generic template vibe to them. Anyways I would redo both ads. I wouldn't recommend targeting commercial quality clients until you can produce professional editing.

Now, IMO you should try to specialize in niched edits instead of the entire market. Fiverr is so oversaturated that you need to either stand out or niche down. Research the different niches and figure out where you can beat your competition. Just off the top of my head I can think of; family vacations, gopro footage, sport events, recruitment tapes, etc.

Here Are Some Suggestions For The Ad;
- Talk about your services in more detail
- Hire somebody to read a script for your ad
- Use original effects
- Create a message/theme behind the ad
- Don't use commercial free-stock footage
- Use different fonts
- Niche Down

heeya

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Aug 12, 2018
Korea
Ok so here is my opinion.
The first ad is good, but the music is honestly terrible. Why do you use an epic theme for a steak restaurant ? This is non sense, also, i think the typography sounds cheap on both video, and the color too.
Like "message is the key" red colour don't link with the video, and the typo is too simple. Anyway good job

The reason why I used epic music is to catch viewers' attention at the first 3 seconds. Thanks for the feedback! It is really helpful :)

Last edited:

heeya

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Aug 12, 2018
Korea
Did you use a template to create your ads? Because they have a generic template vibe to them. Anyways I would redo both ads. I wouldn't recommend targeting commercial quality clients until you can produce professional editing.

Now, IMO you should try to specialize in niched edits instead of the entire market. Fiverr is so oversaturated that you need to either stand out or niche down. Research the different niches and figure out where you can beat your competition. Just off the top of my head I can think of; family vacations, gopro footage, sport events, recruitment tapes, etc.

Here Are Some Suggestions For The Ad;
- Talk about your services in more detail
- Hire somebody to read a script for your ad
- Use original effects
- Create a message/theme behind the ad
- Don't use commercial free-stock footage
- Use different fonts
- Niche Down

I didn't use template. As you suggested I need to niche down first and then, working on details.
Thanks for your feedback & ideas :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is the steak place a superhero hideout or something? Just doesn't vibe and gives me a feeling of a cinematic thriller... most people go to steakhouses to relax and enjoy a quiet dinner.

heeya

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Aug 12, 2018
Korea
Is the steak place a superhero hideout or something? Just doesn't vibe and gives me a feeling of a cinematic thriller... most people go to steakhouses to relax and enjoy a quiet dinner.

Appreciate your feedback. I should consider viewer's perspective than what I want to make. Plus the purpose of Advertising.
Thank you so much MJ!

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Steak CTA needs to be longer and more visually catching.

A lot of your font choices could be more visually pleasing and distinct from the background

heeya

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Aug 12, 2018
Korea
Steak CTA needs to be longer and more visually catching.

A lot of your font choices could be more visually pleasing and distinct from the background

Thanks for your feedback! It's helpful :)

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
This is not a great use of stock footage, the idea of stock is that you use it to fill in the odd gap in your production, using all stock to try and make an ad just won't work for a number of reasons.

The first and most important being that as a business owner, for the sake of argument lets say restaurant, I want shots of my place along with my staff, my chef, my food, that way I am giving people a realistic expectation of my restaurant.

If you want to make videos for businesses, then do that from start to finish, either hook up with a cameraman/director or do it yourself, perhaps in the 1980s you could have gotten away with being just an editor for corporate video, not today, unless you want to work for a video production company.

Lastly I would put you off this idea because it is something I have a lot of experience in, and if I had my time again I would avoid small business like the plague.

The amount of effort you have to put in to persuade these guys that video is a good thing, coupled with the tiny size of their budgets mean that it just isn't worth the effort. Plus businesses like that are very keen on R.O.I., with a video there is no way of telling if it worked, you can use promo codes of course, however in the mind of the client that just adds to the cost of the video.

My advice, if you're hellbent on going this route, learn some camera skills and get some equipment, or hook up with people that can already do that. Then only pitch big companies, and I'm not talking huge here, just ones that look like they can spend $5k on a video without wetting their pants.

Eventually you'll need a good source of freelance camera people and editors, otherwise you are just creating a job around yourself and you'll still be selling your time for cash.

heeya

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Aug 12, 2018
Korea
This is not a great use of stock footage, the idea of stock is that you use it to fill in the odd gap in your production, using all stock to try and make an ad just won't work for a number of reasons.

The first and most important being that as a business owner, for the sake of argument lets say restaurant, I want shots of my place along with my staff, my chef, my food, that way I am giving people a realistic expectation of my restaurant.

If you want to make videos for businesses, then do that from start to finish, either hook up with a cameraman/director or do it yourself, perhaps in the 1980s you could have gotten away with being just an editor for corporate video, not today, unless you want to work for a video production company.

Lastly I would put you off this idea because it is something I have a lot of experience in, and if I had my time again I would avoid small business like the plague.

The amount of effort you have to put in to persuade these guys that video is a good thing, coupled with the tiny size of their budgets mean that it just isn't worth the effort. Plus businesses like that are very keen on R.O.I., with a video there is no way of telling if it worked, you can use promo codes of course, however in the mind of the client that just adds to the cost of the video.

My advice, if you're hellbent on going this route, learn some camera skills and get some equipment, or hook up with people that can already do that. Then only pitch big companies, and I'm not talking huge here, just ones that look like they can spend $5k on a video without wetting their pants.

Eventually you'll need a good source of freelance camera people and editors, otherwise you are just creating a job around yourself and you'll still be selling your time for cash.

Wow..
I really really appreciate tips and advice. Your feedback is gold to me..
Thank you again sir.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Wow..
I really really appreciate tips and advice. Your feedback is gold to me..
Thank you again sir.

You're very welcome, please update us from time to time so we can see how it's all going.

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
You're using templated videos which I believe restaurant owners would avoid as they want to feature their restaurant, their place, food and surroundings.

For food, especially steaks, this is just my personal opinion, the sizzling sound of a steak in the grill, pair it up with a good solid visual, makes me hungry right now.

Good luck on your journey!

happiness2go

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jul 21, 2018
Germany

I think it would be difficult at this point to get such a client.

What is more realistic is, perhaps, to offer only editing work. The restaurant would send the footage and you would make a nice ad out of it.

For practicing contact with real clients, this could be a way forward.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
What is more realistic is, perhaps, to offer only editing work. The restaurant would send the footage and you would make a nice ad out of it.

This is not realistic, restaurants don't have footage just sitting around, and they are not going to go out and find someone to shoot a video for them and then call you back to give you the footage. The person who shoots is the person that edits.

heeya

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Aug 12, 2018
Korea
For food, especially steaks, this is just my personal opinion, the sizzling sound of a steak in the grill, pair it up with a good solid visual, makes me hungry right now.

Thanks for feedback.
I think sizzling sound is a good idea. Thank you!

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Thanks for feedback.
I think sizzling sound is a good idea. Thank you!

No worries. Good luck again and keep improving, keep pushing forward.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.