The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need an SEO Expert to Audit our Website

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Our ecommerce site, built on Shopify, has been running for 2 years, with exactly zero attention paid to SEO.

I know nothing besides the general concept of "it's good to get links from big websites".

Alt tags.. page titles and descriptions... meta tags... whatever basic bare bones "seo things"every website should have in place, I need to make sure we have in place. The only thing that has been done, is what Shopify has done by default.

This job will start as an SEO audit of the website.

You will deliver a report on recommendations for everything that you think we need to improve, in terms of SEO, prioritized in order of "bang for buck" impact.

After the audit report has been delivered, we will discuss the audit on a call, and I may hire you to implement your recommendations.

To apply, please PM me with four things:

1) Your resume
2) Two case studies illustrating your work. Each case study should be about a paragraph long and describe a website before you worked on it, what you did to it, and what the results were.
3) 3 references of people who's website you've done SEO work for and their contact information. (even better if they can validate your case studies).
4) Your hourly rate (Note: The hourly rate is only to get a general idea, so that I can loosely compare one applicant to another. The total cost of the project will be agreed upon beforehand, and you will be paid on a project completion basis, once the audit is done).

If you have questions or need clarification about the job, please post in this thread, so that all can see. Only PM me if you are applying for the job.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
@Sebastya Has done good work for me in the past in the local niche. Results still rolling in.

Thanks for the recomendation!

I like this already @MJ DeMarco . People tagging other people... helping to crowdsource the finding of the right person.

Danczyk

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Feb 20, 2019
Belarus
I was literally listening to a podcast where those guys were banking 30k a month on shopify with products made in USA and I saw this thread.

Shopify is a bit weird when it comes to SEO. You can't rename your url like on WP and you are tied to their structure and they are all nested under parent category. Category then a subcategory and then another. It makes harder for google to crawl. The shorter the URL the better.

Another thing is the XML sitemap shopify creates isn't compatible with Google Webmasters Tools. You have to manually submit the sitemap for products, blog or pages.

Curtis Randolph

Determined Problem Solver
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Sep 25, 2016
Reno, NV
Do yourself a huge favor and never let this SEO responsibility out of your hands. Make a small investment in expert SEO software and start learning. If you don't know where to start, get Semrush or ahrefs or both, and expand from there slowly as you gain competence.

You can hire an expert (or more than one) too cuz there will be lots to do but don't abdicate this responsibility.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Another thing is the XML sitemap shopify creates isn't compatible with Google Webmasters Tools. You have to manually submit the sitemap for products, blog or pages.

Thanks for the tips!

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
You can hire an expert (or more than one) too cuz there will be lots to do but don't abdicate this responsibility.

That's why I'm starting with an audit.

I want someone to show me what I don't know.

Make a case for what I need to do and why.

I haven't committed to hiring out the implementation of those recommendations yet.

I want to understand how this works and what needs to be done.

Thanks for the advice, and the software recommendations. I wasn't aware of either software.

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
I'm no SEO expert but careful having the same person audit and execute. The person will be incentivized to over-exaggerate issues. At least from what I've seen.

This applies to anything else of course: Facebook, PPC, not digital stuff, etc.

Boo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 6, 2018
Hey @amp0193 I head up marketing in my day-job for a 8-figure e-commerce company that's part of a #1 in the industry publically traded company that relies heavily on SEO for our online store. My background for nearly a decade is in SEO. I have no desire or time to do any of this directly due to day-job plus my businesses, but if you need somebody to look over a report and give insight, hit me up. Appreciate everything you've contributed to the forum and this is an area of expertise where I can give back to you. Unless you work in the finance or pharma industry, I can practically guarantee that I rank for much tougher keywords day-in and day-out. Pm me if you need me.

RichieZA

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Jun 29, 2019
Hi @amp0193,
I started a website on the 12th of November 2018, that's now generating 40 000 users per month. I'm not necessarily pitching for the job, just want to say a few things that could be helpful to you.

Tip 1:
Sign up for the 7 day trial of SEMRush (and remember to cancel before the 7 days is up).
Your goal is to export all the keywords that your competitors are currently ranking for (this is super easy to do).
You also want to export all the keywords that your domain is currently ranking for.
Just by completing this step, you will gain a much better understanding of which content is driving traffic to your site.

Tip 2:
This tip is virtually identical to step 1, except this time, use the Ahrefs 7 day trial for the full package (7 dollar cost, and remember to cancel).
Export all the keywords that your competitors are ranking for.
Export all the keywords that you are ranking for.
Export all the backlinks that are pointing to your site.
Export all the backlinks that are pointing to your competitors.

Tip 3:
Download and install the free Google chrome extension 'Keywords Everywhere'.
This extension plugs into the Google Adwords API, and will give you search volume data every time you use Google.
It also gives you the search volume for all the related searches.
It's a bit like looking under the hood of every google search that you perform. It can be quite addictive when you first start using it.

Tip 4:
Look into Doug Cunnington's Keyword Golden Ratio concept. The main idea is that it's much easier to rank for keywords if there is only a small number of articles with the target keyword in the article title (apologies if that seems cryptic).

Tip 5:
Inject 1000 well crafted highly relevant words into your most important product pages. Most ecommerce product pages are very thin on keyword content. Simply upping the keyword count is a pretty quick way to fix this, and will increase the likelihood of those product pages ranking.

PS - I know site architecture and xml sitemaps are important in terms of technical SEO, but from my perspective, these are the most important things in terms of overarching SEO.

1) Keyword Research - you need to know the search volume and understand if you have any chance of ranking for the target keyword.
2) Content Production - Your goal is to produce the best piece of content on the internet, for the target keyword.
3) Backlinks - Simply put, the more healthy backlinks you acquire, the more Google will trust your website. It's second only to content relevance in Google's algorithm. More backlinks generally equates to better organic results, over time.

Obviously there are other things to consider, but if your entire strategy only revolved around the 3 things listed above, there's not an SEO in the world that could fault your approach.

Actionary

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Aug 14, 2014
I haven't committed to hiring out the implementation of those recommendations yet.

I want to understand how this works and what needs to be done.

@amp0193
Once you have someone who can guide you in the right direction for optimizing the site, I can help you make the seo changes needed to your store.

I've worked with several shopify stores and can provide examples, etc. (Just PM me)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.