The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

HELP WANTED Need an SEO Expert to Audit our Website

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 27, 2013
United States
Our ecommerce site, built on Shopify, has been running for 2 years, with exactly zero attention paid to SEO.

I know nothing besides the general concept of "it's good to get links from big websites".

Alt tags.. page titles and descriptions... meta tags... whatever basic bare bones "seo things"every website should have in place, I need to make sure we have in place. The only thing that has been done, is what Shopify has done by default.

This job will start as an SEO audit of the website.

You will deliver a report on recommendations for everything that you think we need to improve, in terms of SEO, prioritized in order of "bang for buck" impact.

After the audit report has been delivered, we will discuss the audit on a call, and I may hire you to implement your recommendations.

To apply, please PM me with four things:

1) Your resume
2) Two case studies illustrating your work. Each case study should be about a paragraph long and describe a website before you worked on it, what you did to it, and what the results were.
3) 3 references of people who's website you've done SEO work for and their contact information. (even better if they can validate your case studies).
4) Your hourly rate (Note: The hourly rate is only to get a general idea, so that I can loosely compare one applicant to another. The total cost of the project will be agreed upon beforehand, and you will be paid on a project completion basis, once the audit is done).

If you have questions or need clarification about the job, please post in this thread, so that all can see. Only PM me if you are applying for the job.

Become a Fastlane INSIDER to view the forum ad free.

OP
OP
amp0193

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 27, 2013
United States
@Sebastya Has done good work for me in the past in the local niche. Results still rolling in.
Thanks for the recomendation!

I like this already @MJ DeMarco . People tagging other people... helping to crowdsource the finding of the right person.

Danczyk

Contributor
Feb 20, 2019
Belarus
I was literally listening to a podcast where those guys were banking 30k a month on shopify with products made in USA and I saw this thread.

Shopify is a bit weird when it comes to SEO. You can't rename your url like on WP and you are tied to their structure and they are all nested under parent category. Category then a subcategory and then another. It makes harder for google to crawl. The shorter the URL the better.

Another thing is the XML sitemap shopify creates isn't compatible with Google Webmasters Tools. You have to manually submit the sitemap for products, blog or pages.

Curtis Randolph

Determined Problem Solver
Speedway Pass
Sep 25, 2016
Reno, NV
www.linkedin.com
Do yourself a huge favor and never let this SEO responsibility out of your hands. Make a small investment in expert SEO software and start learning. If you don't know where to start, get Semrush or ahrefs or both, and expand from there slowly as you gain competence.

You can hire an expert (or more than one) too cuz there will be lots to do but don't abdicate this responsibility.

OP
OP
amp0193

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 27, 2013
United States
Another thing is the XML sitemap shopify creates isn't compatible with Google Webmasters Tools. You have to manually submit the sitemap for products, blog or pages.
Thanks for the tips!

OP
OP
amp0193

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 27, 2013
United States
You can hire an expert (or more than one) too cuz there will be lots to do but don't abdicate this responsibility.
That's why I'm starting with an audit.

I want someone to show me what I don't know.

Make a case for what I need to do and why.

I haven't committed to hiring out the implementation of those recommendations yet.

I want to understand how this works and what needs to be done.

Thanks for the advice, and the software recommendations. I wasn't aware of either software.

Reactions: ZCP

Become a Fastlane INSIDER to view the forum ad free.

Bdenner64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 26, 2017
Boulder, CO
I'm no SEO expert but careful having the same person audit and execute. The person will be incentivized to over-exaggerate issues. At least from what I've seen.

This applies to anything else of course: Facebook, PPC, not digital stuff, etc.

Boo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jul 6, 2018
Hey @amp0193 I head up marketing in my day-job for a 8-figure e-commerce company that's part of a #1 in the industry publically traded company that relies heavily on SEO for our online store. My background for nearly a decade is in SEO. I have no desire or time to do any of this directly due to day-job plus my businesses, but if you need somebody to look over a report and give insight, hit me up. Appreciate everything you've contributed to the forum and this is an area of expertise where I can give back to you. Unless you work in the finance or pharma industry, I can practically guarantee that I rank for much tougher keywords day-in and day-out. Pm me if you need me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom