The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[NEED ADVICE] Affiliate Marketing Idea

Idea threads

webenthusiast

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 15, 2013
I have discovered the solution for a problem that a niche internet population faces.
I tried to sell the solution for $1 to one person at a time but nobody was ready to pay for it but when I gave it to them for free, they kept coming back.
Then I told them to click on the ads on my site if they wanted the solution. To my surprise, most of them did. From this I understood that the population is ready to spend sometime to get the solution but won't pay for it.

Instead of making them click on low paying adsense ads, can I send them to any other site that offers better rates for watching ads, liking fb pages or taking surveys ? If so what do you experts recommend?

Keep in mind that the population is very small, probably thousand visitors per month, and has no money to spend.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

vinylawesome

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 11, 2012
"Then I told them to click on the ads on my site if they wanted the solution.

Instead of making them click on low paying adsense ads, can I send them to any other site that offers better rates for watching ads, liking fb pages or taking surveys ? If so what do you experts recommend?"

I am pretty sure incentivizing people to click on adsense ads is against Google's TOS.

Most likely you will be banned for these actions. Also, the advertisers that are paying for the ads get absolutely crap traffic.

Figure out something else. Perhaps collect their email and then market to them later. That seems to be the modus operandi of this space.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
^^^ Agreed.

You can't tell people to click on ads. Change that quick before Google's bots discover that.

For monetisation ideas, maybe look to see what your competitors are doing. Bear in mind though that your mindset should be trying to help visitors to find what they want, so you really should be focusing on adding value rather than adding some monetisation method.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I have discovered the solution for a problem that a niche internet population faces.
I tried to sell the solution for $1 to one person at a time but nobody was ready to pay for it but when I gave it to them for free, they kept coming back.
Then I told them to click on the ads on my site if they wanted the solution. To my surprise, most of them did. From this I understood that the population is ready to spend sometime to get the solution but won't pay for it.

Instead of making them click on low paying adsense ads, can I send them to any other site that offers better rates for watching ads, liking fb pages or taking surveys ? If so what do you experts recommend?

Keep in mind that the population is very small, probably thousand visitors per month, and has no money to spend.

Why are you targeting people that have no money to spend?

webenthusiast

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 15, 2013
Most likely you will be banned for these actions. Also, the advertisers that are paying for the ads get absolutely crap traffic.
I assume this is the worst case scenario but thanks for the warning. I will try not to do that.

market to them later
I don't have anything to market to them. Even if I do, they dont have any money to spend. All they have is time & clicks.

you really should be focusing on adding value rather than adding some monetisation method.
Thanks Andy. I 've read your threads about adwords, highly informative. Adding value is essential but the value part of the equation is my solution. I can give it away for free or monetize it. I choose to monetize it by making them do "something" for me. Please suggest me few ideas for that "something".

Why are you targeting people that have no money to spend?
At first it seems a little stupid, but my target population has time. As I don't have enough time to trade for money, I'm trying to find some ideas to trade their time & clicks for money. Simple.

MayaMagpie

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 11, 2014
London, UK
I wonder if you could tweak your copy... I think everyone should be able to afford one dollar, if they see the benefit and love whatever you're offering. I mean, even people who have huge debts have the money to buy a scammy debt solution ebook.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Join private affiliate marketing forums; Aff playbook or StackThatMoney.

Those people are serious marketers, and they have the money to buy your product if it really is useful and solving a problem. If they are not intr. then its because your product is not solving a need/problem and its just you that think its worth people paying money for it.

webenthusiast

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 15, 2013
Join private affiliate marketing forums
Thanks for the information 100k. Will definitely look into it.

BTW, I'm embarrassed about my inability to clearly communicate an idea to fellow fastlaners. Anyways, lets try this one more time.

I'm presently giving away "something" for free. I cannot put a price on that "something" due to the fact that my customers don't have money. So I'm looking for affiliate sites that offer pay-per-signup facility. Essentially, I will give my customers a referral link through which they signup. The site can be anything (adultfriendfinder, app download, cloud storage, etc.)

The site pays me $2 pr $3 per signup. After making sure that they have signedup, I give my "something" to my customers. This is how I plan to make money from people who have no money. I hope this is clear.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Like someone said - that's incentive (you are directly giving something to people to sign up or click on ads) make sure you are not breaking the terms of the network company that is paying you!

But like someone else said, why are you going after people that have no money?

Hire a copywriter for $100-200 and put up your product for sale on Internet Marketing Forums (like stack that money / Aff playbook / BlackHatworld / WarriorForum) and see if people are willing to pay for it - if not then the problem is probably that its just not worth the money.

bella5

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 21, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Ok so it sounds like you want to do content locking. I've never done it, but there are affiliate networks that have offers that work specifically for content locking (meaning someone fills out the offer to unlock the content they want from your site). If you do a search for content locking networks you should find some recommendations from people who have actually used them.

webenthusiast

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 15, 2013
you want to do content locking
Thank you so much for using the technical name. This is exactly what I'm looking for. It's an interesting way to make money.

the problem is probably that its just not worth the money.
I still feel that I haven't conveyed my message across clearly. Right now, I'm asking everyone to download Uber app and use my $30 Promo code. 50 customers used my code last week and guess what is my Uber credit balance.

iAmAttila

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Aug 6, 2014
What you want are offers that accept incent traffic. I run some offers like that on mobile. People install some apps to get the content in exchange.

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
There are a ton of ways to make money off of the list regardless of how much they have to spend. Some people have even posted a few ideas I was going to share so I'll just be adding to their recommendation.

This is important: your product is either worth money because it has value or it's worthless. You can always sell it but from how it sounds, you're trying to sell it on the first look, which is a very low conversion ratio. People always have money to spend....on things they really want. People without jobs and on govt assistance or not always find a way to get the flat screen tv or ciggs, your job is to make them want it more than they want that dollar. - just look at apple for example.

Now I'm going to give you various ideas so you can feel free to use some or all of them.

1) Lead page, you need to be capturing their information to market to them later, without a doubt. Leadpages.com can help with that

2) you can content lock it like someone else mentioned which requires 2 of 3 surveys etc completed, affiliate networks will pay $1-$3.50 a piece for these.
- also networks do offer this but you can purchase content locker pro as a stand alone and install it on your site for use with any offer.

3) After you've collected enough emails you can always sell ads to other internet marketers called SoloAds

4) If you hire a copy writer you can build a product and put it on clickbank, assuming it really does solve the issue you say it does. Then charge $37 with a downsell of $27 and give 75% commissions to affiliates, let them be your sales people.

- The reason you should sell it for more than a dollar. If I see something for a dollar I assume it's only worth a dollar or less. If I see something priced higher then I assume there is more value to it. It's a natural human response. Don't race to the bottom for the cheapest product, build quality and charge higher prices. So if only 5% buy you'd still make more money than if 20% bought at a dollar. And 5% is more realistic.

5) Here's the long sell but it's worth it in the end.
- Get their info via a squeeze page in exchange for a free report (read note below on this)
- send the report after they opt in
- have a series of auto respond emails set up that add value while leading up to a sales email
- then pitch a sales email, your conversion rates will be higher, people will enjoy the value you've given and gladly part with their money
- Then feel free to sell soloads (just don't over do it) to further monetize it.

note: your free report as well as your auto respond emails should all add value and give them pieces to the puzzle to the solution to their common problem. But the sales email aka your product will be presented as the instant puzzle solver that saves them time/money just by making a small purchase. This way you're adding value and building trust but not giving away the ice cream for free. After they've had the samples they'll be sure to buy two scoops when you sell them.

Good luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.