The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My username should be Actionfaker1234 (How to turn things around?)

SpaceDoggo

New Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Sep 24, 2019
United States
Good evening all,

I have consumed so much material on the subjects of success, business, entrepreneurship, and mindset over the past 8ish years that its sickening to think I have done almost nothing productive with it. I have used some of it to become a better overall human and leader in my slowlane j-o-b. But I have always had that entrepreneurial bug that continues to buzz around my head.

I read The Millionaire Fastlane about 4 years ago and it truly changed the way I look at the world. I resonated with Unscripted in a big way. These books solidified thoughts that I have had in my head for most of my adulthood (I am 33 years old at the time of this intro). When I would speak these thoughts they would typically get shot down by friends and family. I kept on coming back to the books and this forum on and off. However I have done nothing but action fake countless times. Shiny object syndrome has touched me with its greasy hand more times than one.

I think know the cause of my failure to execute is comfort. I have a decent job that I actually do enjoy. It pays the bills and I live a good lifestyle. It is fulfilling in SOME ways, but freedom is my true desire. Even before TMF , the amount of TIME that I (and my wife) will lose to our slave jobs over a lifetime has always sickened me. Shoot, I work 4 days a week and I still lose almost 27 full days per year to my COMMUTE. I KNOW this isn't the way and I am prepared to actually take some action.

I write this not for the community's sympathy or encouragement, but more as an accountability measure to myself. It honestly feels good to write this out, since it mostly goes unspoken and lives only in my head.

Anyways, I am a 33 year old slow-laner who has the desire for more in life. Nice to meet you all. I cannot un-see the words in MJ's books. I know the lives we want are out there for the taking and I plan to get out of my comfort zone and chase it. Happy to be here, and thank you all for the value throughout this forum. I've been digging in.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Good evening all,

I have consumed so much material on the subjects of success, business, entrepreneurship, and mindset over the past 8ish years that its sickening to think I have done almost nothing productive with it. I have used some of it to become a better overall human and leader in my slowlane j-o-b. But I have always had that entrepreneurial bug that continues to buzz around my head.

I read The Millionaire Fastlane about 4 years ago and it truly changed the way I look at the world. I resonated with Unscripted in a big way. These books solidified thoughts that I have had in my head for most of my adulthood (I am 33 years old at the time of this intro). When I would speak these thoughts they would typically get shot down by friends and family. I kept on coming back to the books and this forum on and off. However I have done nothing but action fake countless times. Shiny object syndrome has touched me with its greasy hand more times than one.

I think know the cause of my failure to execute is comfort. I have a decent job that I actually do enjoy. It pays the bills and I live a good lifestyle. It is fulfilling in SOME ways, but freedom is my true desire. Even before TMF , the amount of TIME that I (and my wife) will lose to our slave jobs over a lifetime has always sickened me. Shoot, I work 4 days a week and I still lose almost 27 full days per year to my COMMUTE. I KNOW this isn't the way and I am prepared to actually take some action.

I write this not for the community's sympathy or encouragement, but more as an accountability measure to myself. It honestly feels good to write this out, since it mostly goes unspoken and lives only in my head.

Anyways, I am a 33 year old slow-laner who has the desire for more in life. Nice to meet you all. I cannot un-see the words in MJ's books. I know the lives we want are out there for the taking and I plan to get out of my comfort zone and chase it. Happy to be here, and thank you all for the value throughout this forum. I've been digging in.
What will you do to make a sale this week, or to help someone this week?

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
Good evening all,

View: https://youtu.be/jwG_qR6XmDQ

nnogalaxy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 23, 2022
what are you waiting for then? start.
you dont need to consume thousands of courses to start, you just gotta start. that's how you learn and win.
i also spent days trying to figure out how to be disciplined, how to do x, how to do y, and the answer is simply : you just do it.
you just gotta do it. get disciplined. do x, do y. there's no magic "tip"or "advice"

good luck!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

thisismyjourney

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Apr 12, 2019
Welcome. Just start something, anything that can move you out of the slow lane. It’s better to ‘fail’ sooner and learn from your mistakes than to not start at all.

I, like yourself spent many years not taking action and just thought about entrepreneurship. What a waste of time.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Good evening all,

Go, start, and push your limits. If it's uncomfortable then you're on the right path.

I'm moving to another city for fastlane oppotuities. Wish me luck.

SpaceDoggo

New Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Sep 24, 2019
United States
What will you do to make a sale this week, or to help someone this week?
I have been generating product ideas for a couple weeks now that I think can actually be valuable and/or solve problems. I stumbled upon NeoDialectic’s gold thread and plan to use his framework as a guide to get from idea generation to testing.

As for helping somebody, (and I’m not tooting my own horn) but I truly enjoy helping people and try to make it a part of daily life.

SpaceDoggo

New Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Sep 24, 2019
United States
T
Go, start, and push your limits. If it's uncomfortable then you're on the right path.

Thank you for the input and good luck! I hope to see your success stories on the forum!

SpaceDoggo

New Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Sep 24, 2019
United States
what EXACTLY do you want in the next:

3 months?
6 months?
1 year?
3 months - I’d like to have a product successfully tested and ready to bring the final product to market.

6 months - Final product being produced with growing sales numbers by optimizing marketing, funnels, etc.

1 year - Successful product launched and selling 10k+ in revenue per month. Hopefully by this point I will have gained a lot of knowledge on how to optimize sales and marketing. Maybe sparked some new ideas for 2nd and 3rd products.

pappaishere

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 8, 2020
Australia

Good luck man, the same here. For improving my English and change my old life.

16000km far from home.

pappaishere

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 8, 2020
Australia
3 months - I’d like to have a product successfully tested and ready to bring the final product to market.

6 months - Final product being produced with growing sales numbers by optimizing marketing, funnels, etc.

1 year - Successful product launched and selling 10k+ in revenue per month. Hopefully by this point I will have gained a lot of knowledge on how to optimize sales and marketing. Maybe sparked some new ideas for 2nd and 3rd products.

That's a good start. It's a physical object that solves a problem?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

If you had to make a sale this week what would you do?

SpaceDoggo

New Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Sep 24, 2019
United States
If you had to make a sale this week what would you do?
I won’t have the product in hand this week so I could get a quick 3d rendition of the product made and market it for a preorder.

Unless we are talking about just selling SOMETHING/ANYTHING that isn’t my idea.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
When I would speak these thoughts they would typically get shot down by friends and family. I

The only person you should be "speaking these thoughts" is with your wife. Does she share the same high-value on freedom as you? Would she be onboard with your life pivot?

. I stumbled upon NeoDialectic’s gold thread and plan to use his framework as a guide to get from idea generation to testing.

@Johnny boy has a great framework for evaluation as well...

SpaceDoggo

New Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Sep 24, 2019
United States
The only person you should be "speaking these thoughts" is with your wife. Does she share the same high-value on freedom as you? Would she be onboard with your life pivot?
I completely agree. I was more talking about speaking thoughts on how the rat race is bullshit and that there has to be another way to live. Not so much a specific plan to freedom. Yes, we have had conversations and she's high-value on freedom just like me. I do think that she is more skeptical then she lets on, but she's 100% willing to back me on this life pivot.

Heading over to Johnny boy's thread now. Thank you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...