The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My road to freedom - mobile app and web company

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Rafael_PL

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 19, 2017
Wrocław, Poland
Hi guys,

short bio at the beginning. I'm 24 years old student from Poland. Two years ago I've started changing my life. I cut off viscious circle of depression, anxiety and loneliness. Started computer science studies, works as C++ software developer in a big company. After work and school I'm developing Android mobile apps for my own practice.

One month ago I've decided to start my own web company business (thx @Fox). For two days I've been learning html and css. Just easy. Week ago I've got a first chance to create simple website. My father want to have one for his own business. Right now we are discussing about details, and probably I'll implement it in max 2 two weeks. It's going to be great opportunity to provide a value, do it for free and add this website to my portfolio.

Simultanenously, one week ago I've started implementing mobile app to accelerate my working schedule as a freelancer web developer. I was doing little research and I didn't find any app like this. Idea is very simple, coding process goes smooth. Probably in nearest 2 weeks I'll release MVP version of my app into Google Play.

I'm going to write new posts here regularly. Now it's time to work.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bloodbath

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Mar 22, 2018
Europe
Hi, Rafael.

I'm going on a similar journey as you. I'm currently working on my first android app for the last 6 months. From my research nobody has created anything like it as well, hope we're not working on the same idea haha. Planning to finally release the beta this week.

Good luck with your project and business. Keep us updated!

ytomasch

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 8, 2018
Ohio, USA
Your parent is a great starter project. Usually they will cover any expenses you run into (first month hosting payment???), and will be a great seed to share your project with other potential clients. Once you have a few happy clients and your bills paid you're in. Goodluck!!

Rafael_PL

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 19, 2017
Wrocław, Poland
I'm nearly finishing my mobile app. How I said, the idea is so simple. I've created it because of personal need, to learn how to implement mobile app on my own and releasing it on Google Play. Hope it will provide some value for other users.

I call my app: Freelance Organizer. Its main task is to simplify managment process for freelancers. You can easily store your all orders in one place. Editing it, getting details and basic contact info for your client, sort by deadline date, or salary.

I will release Freelance Organizer in next week (probably). I'm glad to read your opinions about it.

Rafael_PL

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 19, 2017
Wrocław, Poland
So, how I said, I've released my app, do it for fun and to learn something new. It will be my util on my actual journey in web design.

I've easily learnt HTML and CSS, start js and watching "Fox YT videos about selling your first product. Until sunday I'm figuring out niches and systematizing my knowledge about selling.

Rafael_PL

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 19, 2017
Wrocław, Poland
Keep up the good work. Are you working also on iOS?
No, I'm focusing on Android and web development right now.

I am on a similar journey, if you have any interest in connecting with someone also starting an App Development team PM me.
I've written a PM to you.

Andel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 13, 2018
Warsaw, Poland
Hi Rafael!
As first, congratulations to you for being brave and sharing great value.
I also would like to ask you some questions. How long have you been learning c++? And which language do you recommend to learn as first for newbie?

Rafael_PL

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 19, 2017
Wrocław, Poland
My personal website is nearly finished, by the end of the week I'm going to publish it.
My father is still thinking about his website. I hate wasting time so I've found two clients on my own.
Using call emailing strategy I've sent 10 emails and I've received 2 positive answers. My preparation to looking for them took me approximately 15 minutes. I need them to watch this great video by @Fox:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKCtDjNnx4g&t=785s

I trully recomend his YT channel, provides a lot of value, gives very concrete informations and working strategies.

First client is an owner of beauty salon. He only want to make little changes on his website so I'm not going to take it into my portfolio. 300$ for first order isn't bad enough. The second guy is a personal trainer. He's nearly ready to take my offer (300$ too) but he need some time to make some reflections about content.

When I will finish my own website and make some small corrections for beauty salon website, I'm going to look for next clients and simultaneously works on personal trainer website.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.