The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My new project is to summarize Tai Lopez's 67 steps. Here are the first two lessons revealed.

InstantNoodles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 1, 2014
Earlier today I came up with this "great idea" to summarize Tai Lopez's 67 steps (which cost $67.) Many people hate him for his shameless self-promotion on Youtube (many of you have seen ads with his lamborghini and mansions).

This is surprisingly hard work. Each of his lessons are an hour long and is basically him rambling. I'm distilling them into a few paragraphs.

I'm basically doing this to find "gems". I'm sure there are some things that matter.

So far, I'm sure you could say it's common sense (like most of self help). I think there's a "guru" factor involved. Basically if you admire a "guru" and he/she tells you to do something, you're more willing to believe it and have it affect your life.

The Billionaire’s Brain and Jennifer Lopez’s Voice

Tai says this is a core foundational lesson and impossible to reverse if you get it wrong. It is summarized by a quote form billionaire investor and Warren Buffet’s business partner Charlie Munger:

“To get what you want, you have to deserve what you want. The world is not yet a crazy enough place to reward a whole bunch of undeserving people.”

World acts according to rules, like physics. The world is more fair than the media lets you know.

He then brings up a quote from Warren Buffet. To paraphrase, imagine a genie takes you to your high school graduation and says you can choose someone and get 10% of the money they make for the rest of their life. Who would you choose? The valedictorian? The captain of the football team? Would you choose yourself?

There is no guaranteed way to know. There are a lot of intangibles, which is what the 67 steps will get into.

Awareness is important. According to a research study, the best way to know if a 2-3 year old is “exceptional gifted” is if he or she makes observations that no one else notices. It’s the best indicator of future potential.

Jennifer Lopez’s voice not very good but she’s a renowned entertainer. She is savvy at managing PR, her team, etc. It balances out and she deserves success.

MY THOUGHTS: Excellent quote from Charlie Munger. I greatly admire Munger so this saying really resonates with me.

Interesting intellectual exercise from Buffet as well. Would I choose myself? Hard to say.

Blue footed booby birds , ESS and the 500 year old mind.

This lesson can best be summarized by a quote from the scientist Charles Darwin.

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, but rather, that which is most adaptable to change. Society says strength and IQ is most important to success, however adaptability is far more important. Tai says that most of us are hardwired to not be successful. This can be applied to life in many ways, how many of us have stayed in a relationship too long. To adapt, you need to be able to read external stimulus (awareness) and project into the future. Don’t waste years of your life expecting something you should have changed and adapted much quicker.

I wasn’t sure what he meant by the 500 year old mind. But it is someone who takes things too personally. Be moderate in your reactions.

Psychologically, don’t view things as black and white. It’s not failure, it’s experimentation. Don’t judge yourself too much. Be an adaptability machine. There are many business success stories where failures have pivoted into successes (such as instagram). Failure is in fact learning. Life is a series of experiments.

ESS stands for evolutionary stable strategy. You should be able to adapt a stable strategy that is able to repel an invasion. You need to cut deals with yourself and other dynamics. If there is disagreement between partners, try to resolve it early on and strike a new ESS.

MY THOUGHTS: Very good point about adaptability being the most important trait. Too much is made of IQ in our society.

Please comment freely. If I don't feel the project is worth it I'm not going to continue it. This is extremely time consuming. If this post doesn't get a good response there's a good chance I'll quit lol

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
1. This doesnt make you money.

2. It dilutes the value of his course that you're supposed to pay for. Im not a fan of the course but its another thing to pull the lessons and give them out to the public for free without permission.

InstantNoodles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 1, 2014
1. This doesnt make you money.

2. It dilutes the value of his course that you're supposed to pay for. Im not a fan of the course but its another thing to pull the lessons and give them out to the public for free without permission.
Feedback noted.

My response is that part of it is to motivate me to get through the 67 steps. Also there are plenty of summaries available for books, and these actually increase the sales of the material

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
I don't know how I feel about this.

I know he is controversial, but that doesn't give you the right to give our the "nuggets" of his course for free...

InstantNoodles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 1, 2014

I know he is controversial, but that doesn't give you the right to give our the "nuggets" of his course for free...
Check out blinkist.com. They do the same for books.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Can someone summarize this thread into 10 steps when its done? o_O

Cool quotes but I see zero action here. This is straight action faking of the highest order. I know you mean well but you are summarizing a get quick rich scheme so its ever easier to read. Meanwhile the action guys on this forum are uploading products, making calls, building services and busting their a$$.

How many steps left till you actually do something?

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas

Tai's secrets are safe, OP was a bit rambling. <---I think I spend way too much time with too many women because I feel mean saying that. :jawdrop:

Amon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Jun 29, 2016
Cleveland, OH
Tai's secrets are safe, OP was a bit rambling. <---I think I spend way too much time with too many women because I feel mean saying that. :jawdrop:
The focus isn't on the safety of tai and his secrets - the focus is to make op stop rambling about them and focus that energy on building

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Earlier today I came up with this "great idea" to summarize Tai Lopez's 67 steps (which cost $67.) Many people hate him for his shameless self-promotion on Youtube (many of you have seen ads with his lamborghini and mansions).

This is surprisingly hard work. Each of his lessons are an hour long and is basically him rambling. I'm distilling them into a few paragraphs.

I'm basically doing this to find "gems". I'm sure there are some things that matter.

So far, I'm sure you could say it's common sense (like most of self help). I think there's a "guru" factor involved. Basically if you admire a "guru" and he/she tells you to do something, you're more willing to believe it and have it affect your life.

Tai says this is a core foundational lesson and impossible to reverse if you get it wrong. It is summarized by a quote form billionaire investor and Warren Buffet’s business partner Charlie Munger:

“To get what you want, you have to deserve what you want. The world is not yet a crazy enough place to reward a whole bunch of undeserving people.”

World acts according to rules, like physics. The world is more fair than the media lets you know.

He then brings up a quote from Warren Buffet. To paraphrase, imagine a genie takes you to your high school graduation and says you can choose someone and get 10% of the money they make for the rest of their life. Who would you choose? The valedictorian? The captain of the football team? Would you choose yourself?

There is no guaranteed way to know. There are a lot of intangibles, which is what the 67 steps will get into.

Awareness is important. According to a research study, the best way to know if a 2-3 year old is “exceptional gifted” is if he or she makes observations that no one else notices. It’s the best indicator of future potential.

Jennifer Lopez’s voice not very good but she’s a renowned entertainer. She is savvy at managing PR, her team, etc. It balances out and she deserves success.

MY THOUGHTS: Excellent quote from Charlie Munger. I greatly admire Munger so this saying really resonates with me.

Interesting intellectual exercise from Buffet as well. Would I choose myself? Hard to say.

This lesson can best be summarized by a quote from the scientist Charles Darwin.

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, but rather, that which is most adaptable to change. Society says strength and IQ is most important to success, however adaptability is far more important. Tai says that most of us are hardwired to not be successful. This can be applied to life in many ways, how many of us have stayed in a relationship too long. To adapt, you need to be able to read external stimulus (awareness) and project into the future. Don’t waste years of your life expecting something you should have changed and adapted much quicker.

I wasn’t sure what he meant by the 500 year old mind. But it is someone who takes things too personally. Be moderate in your reactions.

Psychologically, don’t view things as black and white. It’s not failure, it’s experimentation. Don’t judge yourself too much. Be an adaptability machine. There are many business success stories where failures have pivoted into successes (such as instagram). Failure is in fact learning. Life is a series of experiments.

ESS stands for evolutionary stable strategy. You should be able to adapt a stable strategy that is able to repel an invasion. You need to cut deals with yourself and other dynamics. If there is disagreement between partners, try to resolve it early on and strike a new ESS.

MY THOUGHTS: Very good point about adaptability being the most important trait. Too much is made of IQ in our society.

Please comment freely. If I don't feel the project is worth it I'm not going to continue it. This is extremely time consuming. If this post doesn't get a good response there's a good chance I'll quit lol

There was a day when I couldn't imagine anything worse than paying to sit through hours of videos from a guy selling a lifestyle image to a bunch of dupes.

Then your thread came along.

After you transcribe 200 hours of videos, you'll be no closer to freedom than you are at this very moment.

In life, there are producers and consumers. Which do you imagine spends dozens to hundreds of hours watching, note taking, summarizing and republishing someone else's purchased course on how to get rich?

Do yourself a favor. Skip the circle jerk action fake and just send him some more money. There's your short cut.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
There was a day when I couldn't imagine anything worse than paying to sit through hours of videos from a guy selling a lifestyle image to a bunch of dupes.

After you transcribe 200 hours of videos, you'll be no closer to freedom than you are at this very moment.

In life, there are producers and consumers. Which do you imagine spends dozens to hundreds of hours watching, note taking, summarizing and republishing someone else's purchased course on how to get rich?

Do yourself a favor. Skip the circle jerk action fake and just send him some more money. There's your short cut.
You couldn't pay me to watch his stuff. You literally couldn't pay me.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France

anyway, since i am learning english, it doesnt matter whether i watch Tai Lopez or tony robbins or anybody

at the end of the day , i have more english in my ears

Feedback noted.

My response is that part of it is to motivate me to get through the 67 steps. Also there are plenty of summaries available for books, and these actually increase the sales of the material

the first thing you have to learn is to not give a damn about what people think. you get the feedback. it is ok

but only you can decide what is right with your life

most inventors have always be treated like idiots by someone along the road anyway

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Everybody has a number.
Ha. Maybe so, maybe so.

I wouldn't get that time back though, and I'd have to somehow get all that cr@p out of my head too.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
OP. How much do you value your time? Have you put a figure on your hourly rate?

If you're working a job already, then maybe you already have some figure for your hourly rate.

If you're on an annual salary, then strip off the zeros and divide by two. (50 weeks at 40 hours a week is 2,000 hours a year. You're on $50,000 per annum? Then you're hourly rate in that job is about $25/hr.)

This is conservative, because you commute.

This is conservative because not all hours are equal. Dull, mind-numbing, repetitive work is worth less than strategic thinking ON your business/project/direction.

I think you could EASILY multiply your "official" hourly rate by 10 to arrive at an hourly rate for your best work.

So $50k/year = $25/hr on average = $250/hr for your very best hours.

So you're going to spend 67 of your very best thinking hours on this project.

How much is that time worth?

If I estimate my time to be worth $100/hr, then it costs me $6,700 to go through 67 hours of someone else's rambling.

If I estimate my very best hours are worth $1,000/hr, then 67 hours of Andy Black time is worth $67,000.

See why you can't pay me?

Would you do better spending that time and money getting a(nother) customer?

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014

That's interesting, because even for free in a thread I couldn't make it past the first paragraph.

Summarizing this looking for gems is like taking your kid to Chuck E. Cheese and watching them look for their own feet in the ball pit. You can do it if you have to, but the whole time you're thinking, "Is there really not a bar in this place?"

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
People fall into one of two camps:

1) People who value their time.

2) People who don't value their time.

When I get clients for my DFY service, I look for the people that value their time. The people that don't value their time (or mine) are typically not running a decent business anyway.

They're too poor to hire me, BECAUSE they haven't put a value on their time and learned to delegate a task if it gets a positive ROI.

They're the ones queuing for hours to get a Big Mac at half price.

Which appeals to you more?

1) An 18 hour course on AdWords for $10?

2) A 1 hour course on AdWords for $180?

I ask this because there is an 18 hour course on Udemy for $10. Sheeit... that's 18 hours of my time!!!

There's more though...

Listen to the guy interviewed here: www.tropicalmba.com/clickminded

... and he says that when Udemy accidentally put his $500 SEO course on sale for $10 he noticed something interesting:

The people who bought his course for $10 rarely took the course.

What does that say about people who don't have an investment mindset? They wouldn't buy at $500 because it's "too expensive". But they will buy at $10 and let it gather dust because it's "cheaper".

In sales, our first job is to determine if the person sat opposite us sees the value or the cost in what we're offering.

If they just see the cost, then walk away, because that's a big tell that their thinking isn't right. Everything else they do is likely seen through the same lens, and they likely do a lot of other things wrong too.

Not valuing your time is a SYMPTOM of where you are in your entrepreneurial journey.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
If MJ ever starts putting out videos of himself in rented jets with unenthusiastic models, then yes. Until then, Tai is the man.

I swear he's rented the whole of the internet. His face is everywhere now.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Beat me to it.

Furthermore if your only motivation is cars, slutty girls, parties and expensive alcohol you are dead in the water. Tai is a top tier douchebag.

Last edited:

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
Furthermore if your only motivation is cars, slutty girls, parties and expensive alcohol you are dead in the water. Tai is a top tier douchebag.

Thanks for bashing everything I ever wanted in life then calling me a douchebag.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016

Tomekmeister

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jan 21, 2016

If that's what motivates you, then why not? :)

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011

How does he structure his course?

Does he have one video a week dripped out? Dues he use cliffhangers to keep you curious and subscribed for the following weeks?

I think this forum would be more interested in how he runs the business instead of
The content within his business.

People troll him here for his material. But we can all learn from his actions (And business structure) and apply some of those lessons to the products and services we sell.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
I'm kinda proud of the fact that I had no idea who this guy was until this forum. Maybe I just live under a rock?

Me too. And reading this thread hasn't given me any extra motivation to know any more about him or what he does.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Amon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Jun 29, 2016
Cleveland, OH
I dont have to actually answer this do I?
Actually this has interested me. I know there are people with their "why" being the flashy objects and status that can come to fruition from entrepreneurship.

Is it possible to go big with only that being your objective? Or is that a formula for failure?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Actually this has interested me. I know there are people with their "why" being the flashy objects and status that can come to fruition from entrepreneurship.

Is it possible to go big with only that being your objective? Or is that a formula for failure?

There is no one formula, however focus should be on building something... Not the crap you want to buy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.