The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

oh my...

Anything related to matters of the mind

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento
based off some threads i created / the responses i've received i can tell i've got a lot of work to do on improving myself, my expectations/ my understanding of things are not quite as "intelligent" as i thought they were, so this forum is a lesson in humility, no matter how much you think you know, someone else has either been there done that or has more experience in the matter than you do, and i think thats true for all of us, even mj, we all start out in life completely without intelligence then thru trial / error we learn and grow and benefit from that knowledge,

i think we're all a work in progress, and im sorry if i wasnt smart enough to have the best threads / or pricing strategy @MJ DeMarco but its ok we all learn at our own pace, at least we're on the right track even if everythings not figured out yet

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted49964

“A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying in other words that he is wiser today than he was yesterday.”

Have the will to keep on learning!

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Tanisha,

You've created 15 threads since you've been here for a month. That's more threads than I've created in 5 years being with the forum. Pick a thread and make it your progress thread and post everything you learn there. It's more convenient for everyone. I'm glad to hear you're continually working to improve yourself. Only create threads when you think it's going to provide serious value to us rather than every time you get an aha moment.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
i think we're all a work in progress, and im sorry if i wasnt smart enough to have the best threads / or pricing strategy @MJ DeMarco but its ok we all learn at our own pace, at least we're on the right track even if everythings not figured out yet

It's not about being "smart enough" -- I'm not smart enough for a lot of things -- it's about improving every single day and recognizing the process, a lot of which is expectations.

The fact you have awareness means you already are well ahead of everyone else. Congrats to you as you are receptive to new ideas and unconvention.

Don't get discouraged @Tanisha -- all of us have our struggles in one dimension or another.

If you continue progressing daily with knowledge and experience, after 1 year you'll see a worthwhile difference. In 5 years, you'll be an entirely different person.

Pick a thread and make it your progress thread and post everything you learn there

Great idea! Rep+

• Banned

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento
“A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying in other words that he is wiser today than he was yesterday.”

Have the will to keep on learning!

i dont know how or why but everyday i learn something new and it never gets old

• Banned

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento
It's not about being "smart enough" -- I'm not smart enough for a lot of things -- it's about improving every single day and recognizing the process, a lot of which is expectations.

The fact you have awareness means you already are well ahead of everyone else. Congrats to you as you are receptive to new ideas and unconvention.

Don't get discouraged @Tanisha -- all of us have our struggles in one dimension or another.

If you continue progressing daily with knowledge and experience, after 1 year you'll see a worthwhile difference. In 5 years, you'll be an entirely different person.

Great idea! Rep+

the dont get discouraged part had me in tears because i felt i was so ripped apart and im trying, maybe a horrible excuse for trying but at least im learning, now my question for mj, once we've read your unscripted book isnt that pretty much all we have to learn?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I don't think you lack intelligence, just awareness of forum etiquette. If you're not on these kinds of forums very often, it can be a new, weird experience.

This forum has something like 10,000+ users, many of whom are busy business owners. Flooding the forum with questions is not the best way to be seen when you've got dozens of threads posted per day.

In general: if you have a question, use the search function by typing in key words. For example: want to learn about getting funding? Type in 'business funding' in the search bar.

If you can't find it, try looking through the GOLD and Notable threads for some answers.

If you STILL can't find it... post a thread.

Even so, your question may have been answered, and a nice forum member will direct you to where it was answered.

You might have a question pertaining to something specific in a thread. Post in that thread, rather than starting a new one.

There are some questions that can be found with a simple Google search. "How do I incorporate a business" is an example, or "How to start an ecommerce store" is another, or "How to pay business taxes (state)". If you're wondering how to do a specific task, ask Google. A thread/post appropriate question would be more pertaining to a specific situation you're in.

When it comes to PMs, respect the person you're sending them to. Know that they have a life, too.

And, most importantly, take everything here with a grain of salt. There's good reason for members to hide or misconstrue what they do or what they're about, sometimes for their own protection, sometimes for their ego. There are liars, cheaters, thieves, and fraudsters lying in wait everywhere on the Internet. There's also good advice and bad advice here; some of which is very situational and might be good for one and not for another.

This is a long winded post, but it's all important to remember. Go take action now.

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento
I don't think you lack intelligence, just awareness of forum etiquette. If you're not on these kinds of forums very often, it can be a new, weird experience.

This forum has something like 10,000+ users, many of whom are busy business owners. Flooding the forum with questions is not the best way to be seen when you've got dozens of threads posted per day.

In general: if you have a question, use the search function by typing in key words. For example: want to learn about getting funding? Type in 'business funding' in the search bar.

If you can't find it, try looking through the GOLD and Notable threads for some answers.

If you STILL can't find it... post a thread.

Even so, your question may have been answered, and a nice forum member will direct you to where it was answered.

You might have a question pertaining to something specific in a thread. Post in that thread, rather than starting a new one.

There are some questions that can be found with a simple Google search. "How do I incorporate a business" is an example, or "How to start an ecommerce store" is another, or "How to pay business taxes (state)". If you're wondering how to do a specific task, ask Google. A thread/post appropriate question would be more pertaining to a specific situation you're in.

When it comes to PMs, respect the person you're sending them to. Know that they have a life, too.

And, most importantly, take everything here with a grain of salt. There's good reason for members to hide or misconstrue what they do or what they're about, sometimes for their own protection, sometimes for their ego. There are liars, cheaters, thieves, and fraudsters lying in wait everywhere on the Internet. There's also good advice and bad advice here; some of which is very situational and might be good for one and not for another.

This is a long winded post, but it's all important to remember. Go take action now.

yes sir

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
There's no reason to beat yourself up @Tanisha the wonderful thing is that because of your posts and the responses, you have learnt a lot, and continue to, about yourself, your direction and what you desire.

I take it from your beloved and youthful heart that TMF may be a bit overwhelming with regards to the possibilities which exist in life, you aren't alone, the first time I read it, while I was aware of the possibilities of astronomical success, I didn't think it would have been possible for me, personally.

Both books and this forum have made me a solid believer of creating my own success, I'm quietly grinding while enjoying being a part of this community, making contributions wherever I can.

Another thing too, the community can be brutally honest as you have seen, which is actually great, because we learn where and when we're messing up and what is necessary to get us focused on our missions.

The beautiful thing about it is that the forum is helping to shape you and though we may all go through the rough in life, in one way or another, it is necessary for our refinement, don't see it as a threat, but more as part of the journey.

Don't be so hard on yourself; however, just continue to take notes on your daily growth and tune in to the lessons in life, in everything we do, there will be experiences, failures, lessons, growth, each step is worthwhile in the journey as it makes us better individuals and entrepeneurs.

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento
There's no reason to beat yourself up @Tanisha the wonderful thing is that because of your posts and the responses, you have learnt a lot, and continue to, about yourself, your direction and what you desire.

I take it from your beloved and youthful heart that TMF may be a bit overwhelming with regards to the possibilities which exist in life, you aren't alone, the first time I read it, while I was aware of the possibilities of astronomical success, I didn't think it would have been possible for me, personally.

Both books and this forum have made me a solid believer of creating my own success, I'm quietly grinding while enjoying being a part of this community, making contributions wherever I can.

Another thing too, the community can be brutally honest as you have seen, which is actually great, because we learn where and when we're messing up and what is necessary to get us focused on our missions.

The beautiful thing about it is that the forum is helping to shape you and though we may all go through the rough in life, in one way or another, it is necessary for our refinement, don't see it as a threat, but more as part of the journey.

Don't be so hard on yourself; however, just continue to take notes on your daily growth and tune in to the lessons in life, in everything we do, there will be experiences, failures, lessons, growth, each step is worthwhile in the journey as it makes us better individuals and entrepeneurs.

wow you know how to make me cry, thank you for the comfort, and like they say diamonds dont become diamonds till they've been thru the fire

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
wow you know how to make me cry, thank you for the comfort, and like they say diamonds dont become diamonds till they've been thru the fire
Lol, awww, it's all good, no matter how brutally honest we each become, I've recognised it's strictly out of love and respect to see each other succeed. You're coming along well. :)

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento
Lol, awww, it's all good, no matter how brutally honest we each become, I've recognised it's strictly out of love and respect to see each other succeed. You're coming along well. :)

thanks i needed that encouragement the guys on here sure make me feel retarded

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.