• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

RANT My brother tried to kill me and my family did nothing about it.

Discussion in 'People & Relationships' started by Daniel Davis, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Xeon

Xeon All Cars Kneel Before Pagani. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,235
    Arizona. Yes, especially Arizona. The Home of the FastLaners. :cool:

deepestblue and Ninjakid like this.
  2. Ninjakid

Ninjakid Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,051
    If depression was a place, it would be Baltimore.

Hey there's a positive spin, OP gets to move somewhere nice and never look back!

[​IMG]

Xeon likes this.
  3. NewManRising

NewManRising Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,849
    The only thing I will say is get away from your family ASAP and any way you can. This should be your priority before anything. Aside from the abuse, this is not an environment you can be creative in and grow. It is just not possible. Once you separate, do yourself a favor and cut your brother off for good.

If you'd like to keep contact with other family members, do so on your terms and have some hard boundaries.

Good luck.

Napoolion and Xeon like this.
  4. Daniel Davis

Daniel Davis Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $632
    @Bekit. No I do not have a vehicle

Scot and Xeon like this.
  5. Timmy1990

Timmy1990 I Will Not Stop! Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,373
    Steal a bike, Desperate times.

rwhyan and Xeon like this.
  6. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Motherf*cking CEO of K-SWISS Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $8,323
  7. LinorCG

LinorCG Reaching the top Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,523
    I'm sorry to hear that! Get out...get out now!
    Start over again 'coz you're stronger now than ever before. Also, see someone who is expert in family violence.

I wish you good luck and be safe my friend.

MJ DeMarco, Xeon and Daniel Davis like this.
  8. Ravens_Shadow

Ravens_Shadow I'm sorry... I couldn't resist. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $17,449
    Sorry that this is what you're going through. I had similar experiences on a mental level rather than physical. Packed my shit and moved across the country with nothing but 2 suitcases and a could hundred dollars.. You could do anything from exchanging work on a farm for housing to joining the peace corps and getting sent to another country. Plenty of options out there for you, but you've gotta go as everyone else has said.

Good luck.

9. ApeRunner

ApeRunner Very Fast on a Bike Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $5,006
    Go away and create a new family. A better one. An opposite one.

You cant fix this. It's rotten. Better to move on.

The money will come. But first, you need to change the environment.

10. Daniel Davis

Daniel Davis Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $632
    7501429D-09D5-4386-AABD-9E64BAAF6A6B.jpeg @GoGetter24. The plan I have so far is to crash at friends place for now. Then I will do the Year Up program for cyber security. It’s for one year where you will spend months in training/development classes and the other six months interning at a fortunate 500 company.

Once I complete the program, I will have lifetime access to their resources and network/connections. Also, they are located in seventeen different states including Arizona and Greater Philadelphia (these are the two places I want to move to, so I need to WADM to pick one). When I move to my new place, I will have people that can help me secure the job.

I’ll type the rest when I am done with my shift @ 5:30 (ten hours on Tuesday)
    57A47640-7CE9-4ED2-9CDC-E7A40E3EFA52.jpeg

Timmy1990, Scot, Ninjakid and 4 others like this.
  11. Mattie

Mattie Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $28,163

12. ironman150

ironman150 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $1,260
    Take care of yourself now, then fastlane.

For immediate help (like right NOW) your situation is bad enough for: Baltimore County Westside Men's Shelter 410-887-4091 or Karis Home 410-342-1323, Baltimore Outreach Services 410-752-1285. There are many places that will help you NOW. How about a homeless shelter? shelterlist.com list all of them in your region and some shelters help you transition to your own place.

Get rid of your phone so your family can't track it. Just leave it on the kitchen counter so they know they can't find you with an added bonus that your brother will realize you left him. You left him..he doesn't control you anymore. I would leave a note with it so they don't call the police and report you missing. My note would say "tired of being abused, goodbye". Keep it simple with nothing you may regret years down the road...like "you *^%# mother-@#$%! rat-@#$%" etc, simple and classy.

Once out of the house, does your cyber security pay you as you learn? If not, the trades are hiring all over the place (especially plumbing & heating). You will get paid well and be self sufficient in your future (though not fastlane). Tignall Mechanical is a GREAT place to work in Baltimore: 410-666-3000. Owned by Michael Harper. Tell him that Jerry Tignall (son of the founder) said to call because it was a good place to work and learn the trades. I am not Jerry BTW but work with him here in the midwest. Jerry still talks to several people there and they can't find enough workers. Dropping his name will get you an interview for sure & probably hired, after that it will be your work ethic that keeps you there. Pays much more than minimum and they pay for your schooling. Cyber learning at night?

Also, paratransit Drivers are needed badly in Baltimore if you have a drivers license. These are normally multi location companies so you could start in a different area of Baltimore and, after some training, transfer to a different part of the country (again not fastlane). Again, pays more than minimum if you are reliable.

So, you have options. 1) get out of there...paragraphs 1&2
    2) improve you cash flow...paragraph 3&4.
    3) FASTLANE life after 1&2.

i wish you the best of luck, stay strong and Fastlane on!

tpf, Timmy1990, Roz and 13 others like this.
  13. jlwilliams

jlwilliams Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,744
    This is a case where joining the military may be your best bet. It would take you out of the house without you having to pay rent. It would give you a place to be and a place to grow for a few years while you figure out what to do with the rest of your life.

You cant fix him. You cant fix anyone but you. Leave. Join the Navy, see the world. Don't tell them you are going until you walk out the door to catch the bus.

splok, Xeon, Jello and 1 other person like this.
  14. Daniel Davis

Rep Bank:
    $632
    @ironman150. Yes it pays for you to learn. Whatever my Pell Grant does not cover, I will get the rest in a reimbursement check and they will cover my cost. Also it is $200 every two weeks for the first six months. Then when you are in the internship phase, it’s $700 a month.

I don’t have my license and my permit expired. I needed someone to give me behind the wheel lessons but my mother was “busy” (it wasn’t a priority for her because eating junk food and watching tv was more important.)

The cyber security training is from 8:30am to 4:00pm so it is something I cannot do at night. Thank you for information you gave me.

Timmy1990, Scot and Xeon like this.
  15. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $13,673
    Scot, AgainstAllOdds, Xeon and 3 others like this.
  16. Daniel Davis

Rep Bank:
    $632
    Also, I hate to say this, but seems like your brother belongs right INSIDE a psychiatric hospital / lunatic asylum, tied up in a straitjacket to prevent him committing violent acts on the staff there.
    Your family members need some counselling as well to discover the truth as to why they are not speaking up for you (this is ABNORMAL behavior).[/QUOTE]

Trust me, we attempted consueling in November of 2015 and it failed. She was unwilling to acknowledge my pain and only cared when it affected her. For example, she will justify his behavior (choking me to death, Maced and taxed, hit with a baseball ball, lied to the police and got me arrested) and I am expected to “shut the F*ck up and deal with it/ get over it.” She never told the people what he did to me, but everything I did (protraying this felony as an angel).

He can take his frustrations and problems onto me but if i call the police or complain about the mental trauma I experience, it’s an issue. They will get rid of any evidence i have on them and frame me as a bad guy, won’t tell them about their abuse onto me.

My family is just as sick, twisted, and evil as him.

They can go F*ck themselves because I will not associate myself evil miserable people Even after the incident, they expect me to ok and be a happy human being. For example, I just got home and I am still pissed about what happened on 3/10/19. Yet they are worried about me leaving the F*cking door open (I was in the heat of the moment and frustrated due to their lack of empathy and “get over it attitude.”) He is rarely home on the weekdays and sometimes on the weekends. I will avoid him.

Also, they’re delusion about the situation. He tried to kill me numerous times before, yet they think I am trying to kill them. I never had intentions to do ill acts because I know a treanous choice will lead me to life in prison (I have friends who are in prison for murder and they threw their entire lives away for nothing and I refuse to do the same thing). Thinking about it just pisses me off. This will turn into a 20 page essay so I will stop ranting. On the flip side, I have my barber who will help me and I have a friend who let me stay at their apartment. He has to get permission from his mother first (he’s in the army), I know i’ll be able ton roommate with him (friends since 5th grade - 2009)

Joe Cassandra, Kak and Xeon like this.
  17. ZeroTo100

ZeroTo100 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,854
    I’d like to ask, what can we at the forum do to help you?

AgainstAllOdds likes this.
  18. Daniel Davis

Rep Bank:
    $632
    There’s not much the forum can do because they have been helpful.I’m grateful for the support because the police have been involved before but I was protrayed as the bad guy. Based on the advice posted, I should

1. Move out (contact old friends or go to a homeless shelter)
    2. Get a higher paying job
    3. Save money from the job
    4. Leave the state (For me it’s either Arizona or Pennsylvania. I’m looking to live in an affordable state)
    5. Find an affordable apartment.

My last reply was frustration because of the hyprocise of family. They think I’m trying to kill them, when it’s my brother that wants to kill me but expect me to have a smile on my face and forget what happened.

I am going to use this forum as evidence to the police to have something against him.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    Xeon, Scot and BlackMagician like this.
  19. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $386,593
    Admin Post
    Rep+ ... great post.

vinylawesome, ironman150 and Fox like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.