The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mindset issue with money - Need advice

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
If women are your motivation fine..

If you age 10 more years and do nothing about your money situation you will have zero, or low quality women and deep lingering regret of wasted time. Women don't like the 40 year old guy with a negative bank balance.

If you age 10 more years and don't touch women while greatly improving your money situation. Women won't be an issue, and you'll have something to be proud of. Women love the 40 year old guy with a heavy wallet and social skills, which you claim you already have.

If you don't start tomorrow its one more day to add to that lingering regret.

EDIT: 40 is just a placeholder and the first number that came to mind, could be 45-50-55-60, whatever.

This was a GREAT post bro, thank you agreed 100%..But there one thing im not getting, nor are you guys getting. I said probably about 3 times I am comparing when I used to do pick up to now, woman are NOT my motivation by any means, I said my whys...I was using the DETERMINATION i had when i was picking up woman...and saying I need to have that SAME determination with work and business..

Actually you know what lol forget it lol its like beating a dead horse with my comparison, you guys arent reading it, not understanding or glimpsing over it and causing miscommunication, and its actually frustrating since I had about 4 people mention the same thing when I explained in detail 3 times why i mentioned pick up. - Different worlds, different people.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
OP, I'm probably the only one here with a tiny bit of similarity (lol) with you so listen carefully.

First off, when I came to this board, I read the forum rules. I knew that we tend to talk about our "stuff" whatever that may be so, yeah, I can let that pass a bit.

Here's where we are different...

You are being reactive. I don't see any proactive responses from you. I can see that you are trying. But being totally irked from someone replying to your thread in an offhand way tells me that you got to work on your attitude.

You got yourself in that situation. All you have to do is to admit your faults, and take responsibility for your life.

The first thing you have control of is your attention. And I don't see you having any control over yours. Work on that, then we'll be able to help you out.

Believe me, I've experienced much worse. I never complained. I just shut up and got to work.

Where is that taking me? The answer to that, you can think of as the reason why I'm the one telling it to you straight.

You can do that too.

Sort yourself out man. You don't know what you want. I've been there. You can clarify that.

100%, these are kick in a$$ answers I like, no smart a$$ comments, no rude remarks, thank you....And yes youre right "I dont know I want, that changes with everyone since goals change" but what I do have is direction...Since this is a money thread I posted about, simply scale up my website development business, do what it takes, then reassess, so in the end, the not knowing what you want turns into full focused direction to make money to build a business, to have stability, to work remotely around the world(like i am now, just explore more)....So once its scaled and I have more clients in residual you reasses and reinvest.

PS. Thank you, this was a post that got my mind going positively.

Christopher777

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Jun 13, 2017
Manila, Philippines
No worries,

One last thing, if you're frustrated about being heard, you're gonna have to learn to take a lot more frustration than that, otherwise, we all know where that'll end up.

Good luck man.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
Very ignorant, but valid answer. Again people miss what im saying here. The average person really is stupid, holy shit lol - All im getting is crap instead of actually breaking down what im saying. Im done with this lol you guys obviously dont have an open minded level of thinking.

You called all the posters here fat, overweight losers that make money to compensate for not getting women.

Why the hell would I want to help you?

E-Sharp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jun 9, 2015
It's like the saying, if you got nothing nice to say don't say it. - So you F*ckin erked me. Simple as that. People like YOU make forums, social media, men look bad. You get that?

No, he is definitely not the one making forums, social media and men look bad.

Last edited:

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
Why? I want to hear about all these women you have collected, perhaps in a trophy case?
"Binders full of women"

It's not a mental health issue, I am legitemitly bad with stress, give me a job that pays $2500 a month and im good. I have no worries since I know money is coming in consistently. Now money is up and down, im getting rejections left and right. Im barreling though, of course but its a lot to handle at once. - But like anything else, you push through it, figure out a way and this will all just be a funny story in 10 years.
Maybe you should just get another job then, and try not to get fired from it. Stress = gone

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
You called all the posters here fat, overweight losers that make money to compensate for not getting women.

Why the hell would I want to help you?

It was an assumption for one and two look WHEN I wrote it. After I was getting shit and people where attacking me. This thread 100% didnt turn out the way I hoped it would. Honestly, after this I see most of you as bad people, legitimately bad people.

I ASK FOR HELP -> I GET ATTACKED -> I DEFEND MYSELF -> I GET SHIT ->I DEFEND MYSELF I GET MORE SHIT

It's a cycle, and look past the anger in my posts, i repeatedly said the same thing over and over, none of you listen and then i get shit for not listening?(Which is true I dont) But again, everything together sturred the pot.

I posted this exact same post on another form, want to see an answer i just got before?

"Set specific and realistic goals, break them down into smaller chunks. Have a detailed plan, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 3years, 6 years. Reward yourself at each goal completion. Etc etc etc.

You can do this with anything. So if you want financial goals then decide what it is you want to do with the money, how much do you need to save in what time period and what for. What do you need the money for. Where will you invest it? What will that investement yield to you in x period of time. What will that yield enable you to do? Plan it out step by step and follow the plan."

-
This is legit advice, even if it basic comon sense advice, thats what people need sometime to take a step back and get back to the basics, no bashing, no crap, no smart a$$ remarks. Simple respect for a question.

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
It was an assumption for one and two look WHEN I wrote it. After I was getting shit and people where attacking me. This thread 100% didnt turn out the way I hoped it would. Honestly, after this I see most of you as bad people, legitimately bad people.

I ASK FOR HELP -> I GET ATTACKED -> I DEFEND MYSELF -> I GET SHIT ->I DEFEND MYSELF I GET MORE SHIT

It's a cycle, and look past the anger in my posts, i repeatedly said the same thing over and over, none of you listen and then i get shit for not listening?(Which is true I dont) But again, everything together sturred the pot.

I posted this exact same post on another form, want to see an answer i just got before?

"Set specific and realistic goals, break them down into smaller chunks. Have a detailed plan, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 3years, 6 years. Reward yourself at each goal completion. Etc etc etc.

You can do this with anything. So if you want financial goals then decide what it is you want to do with the money, how much do you need to save in what time period and what for. What do you need the money for. Where will you invest it? What will that investement yield to you in x period of time. What will that yield enable you to do? Plan it out step by step and follow the plan."

-
This is legit advice, even if it basic comon sense advice, thats what people need sometime to take a step back and get back to the basics, no bashing, no crap, no smart a$$ remarks. Simple respect for a question.
Let me get this straight. People on this forum gave you a hard time about your obsession with picking up women. As a result, you quote here a reply that you got on another forum. The best part? The forum you got that response on is focused completely on...

...wait for it...

picking up women!

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
Let me get this straight. People on this forum gave you a hard time about your obsession with picking up women. As a result, you quote here a reply that you got on another forum. The best part? The forum you got that response on is focused completely on...

...wait for it...

picking up women!

I am legit dumbfounded right now. My post was never about picking up woman....

Wow this really goes to show me you guys have to get laid.....Holy shit, this is sad lol

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
Call it sad all you want. I've won the game - happily married and kid on the way.

I've got nothing to prove here.

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
Ok and to actually go over what you wrote...I posted a thread about money, there happened to be a paragraph about picking up woman and people nitpick it apart. - That is absolutely pathetic when you think of it, absolutely pathetic of you guys. Wow, again, holy shit...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If you know my history I was having 2-3 chicks over a night, had up to 22 numbers in a day from OLD, had 13 girls over in a week.

Sad, this is a 30 year old guy talking who legitimately thinks this is necessary information.

Wow this really goes to show me you guys have to get laid.....Holy shit, this is sad lol

Simply put, you're a piece of shit.

Go find help elsewhere.

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
Call it sad all you want. I've won the game - happily married and kid on the way.

I've got nothing to prove here.

Good I am happy for you, again not the point. - FYI be the man she first fell in love with. Alot of divorces happen since people "fall off" "get lazy:..etc

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
Good I am happy for you, again not the point. - FYI be the man she first fell in love with. Alot of divorces happen since people "fall off" "get lazy:..etc
Thanks. You sound like the perfect person to take marriage advice from.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
For anyone coming late to this thread, a nice reminder of the forum rules...

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 7.35.14 PM.png

Dylan_91

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jan 28, 2017
Florida
Hey guys. Long time member, haven't posted in a while and haven't utilized this area of the forum at all.

I'm having a mindset issue when it comes to money. Pretty much I'm stuck in the sane cycle. I make money, spend it, get a job, quit, or get fired, lose everything start over again. --I've been working as a website developer for the past 6 years. I've been doing well-ish now I decided to start up a company but I'm having issues scaling it / putting in the work.

It's like I don't have motivation to make money. It's probally because I have none so it's a snow ball effect. When you have it you have motivation to make more. Same with woman. So my issue is, how can I apply the same motivation to business as I did picking up woman. If you know my history I was having 2-3 chicks over a night, had up to 22 numbers in a day from OLD, had 13 girls over in a week. Pretty much for 5-6 years of OBSESSING over pick up / seduction I did damn well. Now I have to apply that obsession to business and money.

Any advice?
What is it that you enjoy about picking up women? What would it take to direct that focus to something you of course state that you want - to make money. Your last sentence - apply that obsession to business and money, but rather to a solution. Apply it towards your solution in the world and don't THINK about your current status or where you are financially or whatever - just keep going. A step today is greater than years of thinking of the next step tomorrow.

EDIT: I also know what it's like to be broke and alone thousands of miles from family, it f*cking sucks dude.. but it's what allowed me to appreciate the little things and reach further. When you have nothing there isn't much fear left of "losing" any further. Shit I've made so many mistakes, bad investments, missed opportunities where I was 2 feet from millions, quite literally... Don't stress it in the aspect of keeping you enslaved in mental labels (i.e. failure, F*ck up, whatever). Life is happening, don't compare yourself to others, just go - do your craft - and the world will answer. Also bro - don't focus so much on laying numerous women, focus on what's really important. Best of luck

Last edited:

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
Lol, this threads jokes. Wasn't @Tanisha from socal also, what's going on down there? Another relative?

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
So many questions here.

Why is it that folks that can't even hold down a job are always convinced they're smarter than everyone else?
Are there really 30 year olds that still call people 'bro'?
And the biggest question of all: How is this not #landfilled yet?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I am legit dumbfounded right now. My post was never about picking up woman....

If you can't understand that it was, we can't help you.

You could have easily just said "So my issue is, how can I apply the same motivation to business as I did picking up woman. Pretty much for 5-6 years of OBSESSING over pick up / seduction. Now I have to apply that obsession to business and money."

I wish I could help you, but my motivation was always driving exotic cars. If you know my history I had 2-3 Ferraris at a time, once I drove 22 exotics in a day, had like 3 Lambos, a 458 and a Enzo in a week.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Imagine not feeling well so you go on to a doctors forum and post up all about your bloodwork, health, and the symptoms.
Half of the most senior doctors come on and let you know things aren't good - you need to make some serious changes or they will quickly get worst. You respond with...

"I don't need this" "Everyone is shitting on me" "Why is everyone attacking me" "They keep making this about me smoking for the last 10 years"

You came on a business forum. You are broke. People are showing you the changes to make.

You need to see that the choices you made (and are still making) are getting you to where you are now.

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
Ok so one of the first few posts on this thread gave you the answer, you have to have a why. You responded with your why was stuff. Stuff is not a strong enough why to get you anywhere but a 9-5 job. People who work 9-5 work to get stuff. They work to keep a roof over their head, a car in the drive etc.

Your why is what will keep you going forward when your sales take a dive and you owe more money on your credit cards for inventory than you have in the bank. Your why is what will make you work late/early even though the new Game of thrones is on TV and you want to watch it. Your why is what will drive you to invest more time/effort into a business in a year than most people put into their jobs in a lifetime.

Why do you want money? Why do you want freedom? WHY?

BTW my why lays in bed to me every night with 2 more whys sleeping down the hall. It's not just them that are my whys, it's my time with them.

My why is time with those I love.

Rieper

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Feb 25, 2017
France
@Crissco, what you need is a purpose, a goal. Once you have a goal and the will to achieve it (discipline), you will follow the path that leads to it. The greater your goal, the harder your path.

Most of us here want Freedom. To achieve financial Freedom, fastlane entrepreneurship is the best way. Hence, we follow this path.

Your financial situation is terrible. Don't you want to change that ? Don't you want to be completely free from ever financially depending on your mother ?
An adult man should not resort to his parents for financial help. You should be the one able to help your mother if she ever needs it, not the opposite. The shame you felt when you came to your mother for help... isn't that enough to make you want to completely change your life ?

Think about your situation. Are you proud of it ?

Think about what you are today. Do you want to be the same tomorrow ? If not, work for it. If you are not afraid of living the rest of your life financially dependent on someone else, then this forum can't help you.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Business is about building relationships.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016

Wow, for someone that is good at "game" you sure aren't a very good communicator.

1) you didn't calibrate your intro for your audience AT ALL

2) you became highly reactionary (fight or flight response)

3) you displayed absolutely no outcome independence and instead reverted to defensiveness (personal attacks...really?)

4) you didn't use any sort of repair attempts when you mis-calibrated and other's became defensive (when people become defensive it's usually because their system has flooded with the "fight or flight" hormones, and that makes them impossible to communicate with. IOW you needed to reduce the "threat level" your audience is unconsciously feeling)

5) you didn't use any soft start-ups or clarifying questions to either diffuse your audience's negative reactions (defensiveness) or to discover intent

6) you doubled down on your defensiveness when "attacked" (ever heard of agree and amplify...bro?)

7) you offered NO positive feedback (reward) when people responded with what you wanted (advice), so you failed to keep anyone engaged interacting with you other than to argue

8) you showed absolutely no vulnerability which makes you unrelatable

Amateur.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada

That's how you see it.

This is how we see it:

You ask for help while gloating about how good you are (or were) with with women --> We tell you it's inappropriate and that you need an attitude adjustment --> You personally insult not only the people who called you out, but also the people who had nothing to do with this thread --> We tell you that's inappropriate and you need to grow up --> You call us all fat, lazy, money chasing jerks --> We call you a piece of shit --> You're dumbfounded.

Dumbfounded? Really?
Go show this thread to your mother.
She'll explain it to you, maybe slap some sense into you, and then likely remind you of the money you owe her.

Look.

You think we aren't reading or don't understand. We most certainly do.

You are saying you put a lot of time and dedication into a craft in the past, that craft happened to be picking up women (which most of us think is deplorable, by the way, which is why it wasn't taken well). You spent time and effort and dedication and built yourself up to get the results you wanted with women, and you want to apply this same dedication to business.

We get it. We aren't dumb. We UNDERSTAND.
It's not complicated. You spent a lot of time on something stupid and now you want to spend it productively.
This isn't rocket science.

The PROBLEM is you might as well said you spent a lot of time and effort learning how to pickpocket. Or steal cars. Or shoplift. Yeah these are all skills that take time to learn but almost nobody here considers this a virtue.

But you know what? You are correct - this is a MINOR point and one you could have easily said "wow, my bad, I didn't mean to offend anyone with that, I was just trying to explain that I know I'm capable of dedicating myself to something, I don't mean to disrespect the women here, I'm past this part of my life and want to focus my energy instead on positive and more productive places".

Instead you doubled down on the details, insulted us, continued to talk about how amazing you were, and acted like a child.

This would have been a mature response:

1. Acknowledge your F*ck up.
2. Apologize.
3. Accept the criticism and move past it.

Instead, you result to petty, personal attacks.
You call us fat. Lazy. Greedy. Blind leading the blind. Saying we can't read. And all sorts of other nonsense.
You not only defend your wrongs but double down on them and call us all F*cking idiots for not agreeing with you.
Then you try and take your ball and go home by asking for the thread to be locked after you get your last knife stab in?

We can't help someone who refuses to acknowledge a single shortcoming.
Who can't apologize for pissing everyone off.
Who resorts to holier-than-thou insults to make themselves feel better.

Right now you have positioned yourself as someone who nobody is going to take the time to help.
As far as anyone here can tell - you not only deserve the position you're in but are probably really lucky to not be further in the shit.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
This thread's hilarious.

Maybe your problem with getting money isn't motivation, but that you're an idiot.

Here's the plural form of "woman".
AhCeJLw.png

You've studied pickup for years man. It's not that hard to figure out how to spell "women".

The average person really is stupid, holy shit

Some actual advice:

The problem with pick up guys is that studying pick up creates arrogance and ignorance. You've conditioned yourself for likely 10+ years that you're the hottest shit around, when in reality you're a 30 year old loser on the brink of being homeless.

you guys obviously dont have

This is just one of the many examples of your purposeful ignorance. You keep putting yourself above others.

so just because most here are ugly, overweight and trying to compensate with money when I pulled it off with no car, no money, living with my parents in my 20s, don't put it on me.

:rofl:

I came into this thread and gave you the benefit of the doubt until I realized how insecure and pathetic you are.

I pulled it off same as you, but now I'm pulling it off with a nice car, money, traveling the world, and still in my 20's.

You're in your 30's now and in the same position you were in. No car, no money, and living off your mom's money. Think about that. You're in your 30's living off your mom's money. You're a joke, and the only thing you can be proud of is that you tricked a bunch of mediocre girls into sleeping with you.

Honestly, after this I see most of you as bad people, legitimately bad people.

:rofl::rofl:

:rofl:

It's not a mental health issue, I am legitemitly bad with stress, give me a job that pays $2500 a month and im good.

This is my favorite part of the whole thread.

There's 173.33 working hours a month. Your goal is to make $2,500 a month.

$2,500 / 173.33 = $14.42.

Just go to McDonald's. Work hard. Get promoted to manager.

No reason for a whole thread to fix your mentality.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.