The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mindset issue with money - Need advice

E-Sharp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jun 9, 2015
I make money, spend it, get a job, quit, or get fired, lose everything start over again.

Leaving aside the sex/women stuff, OP identified his underlying character issues just with this sentence alone.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
BTW, I left this thread OPEN, but I banned the OP from commenting further on this thread. We already know how he perceives women, and now we know how he perceives anyone who disagrees with him: you're fat, ugly, can't get laid, again, this is a man in his thirties. I'm not gonna let him continue that ignorance here. Maybe he can learn something in any of the responses that follow... they've certainly been instructive.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
A friend of mine just sent me this video. Watch it all the way until the end. Perhaps the problem has nothing to do with money, but that you don't really care anything about doing web design? This company below has a really good video that is based on their mission/purpose.

They get up every morning with a purpose to do something specific, and it's the thing they are doing (web design/clean meat/etc.) which motivate them, not the having (money).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GgP6jo5DTM

J_Cup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jun 14, 2017
Poland
It was a really expensive thread for him. Do you think that he is going to think about it and change something? Or just write the same thing elsewhere?

buildingbetter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Aug 20, 2017
UK
I appreciate the men here who called out the ridiculous BS about women. MJ, thanks for having the locker room rule. I hope that this is a place more women will feel more comfortable since people like the OP are given the welcome they deserve.

OP, don't disrespect women when there's one paying your rent.

buildingbetter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Aug 20, 2017
UK
It was a really expensive thread for him. Do you think that he is going to think about it and change something? Or just write the same thing elsewhere?

I believe he's getting his advice from a site called "So Suave" now. That's where the quoted reply from another forum came from. At least he's back with his own kind.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Well that escalated quickly.

OP, you messed up when you started bragging about how sleazy and loose you were. It didn't win you any points by mature adults.

Next time just stay on topic; "I have a hard time staying motivated.... what can I do to fix my lack of passion."

As someone else already mentioned - find your WHY. If you don't have a "WHY" then you'll just get bored and move on to the next thing as soon as you have met your needs.

I think its the same thing with women... if you don't know why you are getting with someone then you'll want to replace them and move on to someone else as soon as you have gotten what you wanted out of them (i.e sex).

But if your reason for getting with someone is to have a long term life partner that will have your back no-matter what, someone that will help you raise your family and solidify your legacy and you can help them with the same thing, then you won't really care about the shallow things and you'll fight harder to make sure your relationship stays the course.

All the best to you. You need some maturing to do, some soul searching.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
HAIA05d.jpg

Last edited:

unaided

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 5, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Your "why?" finds you partially via a FTE but largely through the feedback you get by providing value to a market.

MJ hits this on the head in Unscripted with his "Feedback Value Loop" (pg 210-14). Also check the "value challenge" commentary that continues pg 216 and beyond.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Your "why?" finds you partially via a FTE but largely through the feedback you get by providing value to a market.

MJ hits this on the head in Unscripted with his "Feedback Value Loop" (pg 210-14). Also check the "value challenge" commentary that continues pg 216 and beyond.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Huh?

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Despite your bragging, I'll chime in haha

(the PUA stuff is cringe worthy at best and damaging to the forum at worst. Also, nobody really gives a shit how many women you've done the horizontal mambo with, ya know?)

Anyway,

Money by itself is a HORRIBLE motivator. You end up working just hard enough to get the bills paid and reduce your financial stress.

Ever notice how this forum is obsessed with finding your "why"?

Yeah, there's a reason for that.

Find a better "why" than "make money"

Freedom.

Control.

Security.

Legacy.

Providing value.

Helping parents as they age.

Etc, etc, etc...
Another reason that money fails to be the motivator by itself is that it has NO identity by itself.
At the end of the day, it is simply a value voucher, something we agree as the bloodline that runs the process of buying and selling. Or at worst, even just a bunch of numbers on a screen.
To give that money an identity, we need to create it via a solving needs and using it to help people, and yes, parents. Excellent...filial piety, I like it, @MidwestLandlord.
Otherwise money is worthless.

It's very meaningful to see money being used to bless people, especially when we have a hand in it. When others see you bless others, they will follow...they won't want to miss out.

In fact, it is really humbling.
My dad used to buy a bunch of foodstuff and take it to a disabled persons home. It was agonizing to see people, some older and some as old as I am going about in wheelchairs, straggling, and some were a little mentally off. I tried to talk to them, but they were pretty emotional. Some cried for no reason while others just stared at me blankly.

To comprehend how much they were not enjoying, such as simply mobility, pursuits such as unrestricted eating and working, would be to comprehend misery itself.

They were in no condition to strive for greater heights like Fastlane, given their conditions. But ensuring that they could be cared for, so that they could live another day, perhaps that might be a spark of hope that just might, encourage an outlier amongst those disabled to attempt something new. Might.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
BTW, I left this thread OPEN, but I banned the OP from commenting further on this thread. We already know how he perceives women, and now we know how he perceives anyone who disagrees with him: you're fat, ugly, can't get laid, again, this is a man in his thirties. I'm not gonna let him continue that ignorance here. Maybe he can learn something in any of the responses that follow... they've certainly been instructive.
I must be spending too much time on this thread here....But I'm triggered lol.
On women, I'm a bit shocked that even here, there are some instances in which women are still treated as objects rather than individuals of high value.

Behind my FTE is a woman. A girl whom I greatly respect. I held myself back from doing all kinds of rubbish that teenagers usually do such as pre-marital sex and meaning less dating because I want her to focus on her work and pursuits. She is still young, and she deserves all the support she can get, be it morally or emotionally.

I found her not in a bar or 'laying around' like a dog, but in work. I used to be a school librarian in high school, and there I met her. Later I chose arts as an elective subject, and she was there. We were both leaders of our respective uniform groups in co-curriculum activities, so we worked with each other a lot. I'm going to say that you see a lot of people's true colour when they work in real life, especially when you have a part in their work.

I have talked about some female figures in my life on this forum before. I have talked about an aunt of mine who's presently inebriated with dementia...yet she sacrificed her twilight years before to take care of me as a baby. My parents weren't in the best financial conditions to begin with. And to top it all, she's been instrumental in taking care of three generations of babies...counting from my older cousins, to my generation and to my nephews and nieces. If that is not a F*cking achievement, given that she was pretty old and she did much of it by herself, though she had some help, I don't know what is it.

The achievements of females can very well overpower that of males.

To OP, and anyone else with that derogatory opinion, stop seeing the ladies as people to lay around with or 'catching chicks', to begin with. Their attention is not to be caught! It is to be earned. And that in itself is very Fastlane, because it involves providing value and the merits of process.

Jeez..reminds me of the money chasing falsity.

In fact, I consider that my Fastlane journey should not only lead to millions, but also accelerate my self development, my maturity and my goals. By choosing Fastlane, it will make me an individual that my girl, and many others, should derive joy, strength and hope from.

It's not F*cking easy. It's hard.
I have lost count of the times friends asked me drop her.
I have lost count of the messages or calls I have done to keep up with her and ask how she is. Due to her busy schedule, she can't answer them all.
I have lost count of the many moments I felt so afraid of losing her to some 'playboy' while I worked away at the Fastlane....yet I believed in my girl's ability to stay pure and virtuous to the end.

And I am glad she has, for now. And on fear, regardless of whether fear is made up, you will face fear. It is natural...a part of the Commandment of Entry, I suppose.

I think this is why 99% of business or entrepreneurs fail in the first place...they just never understand that Fastlane is not restricted to business. It's like what MJ said...Fastlane/ UNSCRIPTED is not to be tried, it is to be LIVED.

Lafandriel

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
May 28, 2017
Germany
I appreciate the men here who called out the ridiculous BS about women. MJ, thanks for having the locker room rule. I hope that this is a place more women will feel more comfortable since people like the OP are given the welcome they deserve.

OP, don't disrespect women when there's one paying your rent.

I second that! Thanks gentlemen!

To the OP: you were always talking about the obsession you want in order to make more money. That's just not the way it works.
There can be an obsession to work harder but it won't be the same as picking up women ( In your case paying your mother back would be a strong "obsession" to improve your work habits.) It is a different motivation because it is away from the pain and not towards pleasure... and therefore not so likely to endure...
You are here for 2 years and every week there is someone asking a similar question like you and the most common answer is seek value not money .... so why is your webdesign service not valuable enough to make more money?
And finally I know many will tell you to not give up but maybe right now there are too many guns pointing to your head so you should go back to get a job, pay your debts, keep the job and make some money as a financial backup and then seek the value not the money.

Best wishes.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
In the hope of salvaging something from this thread and perhaps ending it on a good note. Crissco if you're still reading this I'd like to address your initial issue...
I'm having a mindset issue when it comes to money
I wrote a book specifically to help people with their money mindset which you download for free from my thread here. I hope it helps - it's helped a heap of others. Forget all the rest of the side issues that were dragged into this mess and focus on your core query which is valid. A lot of people have a poor money mindset so it's not as uncommon as some people think.

dbelov275

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 7, 2017
Europe
This thread should be moved to HUMOR forum. I come here to laugh. I don't even know if I am typing this or thinking it.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
This thread should be moved to HUMOR forum. I come here to laugh. I don't even know if I am typing this or thinking it.
The Tanisha set of posts were even more cringe-worthy (if you'd like to waste some time, it's in the landfill lol) as well as this:
GOLD - I have a problem with MJ DeMarco (Follow your passion gets a beatdown)

But once in a while, I find that this community tries to make every horrible thread some of the best stuff I have read outside of college or general media. I find the humour less in OP's derogatory remarks and more in the fact that against the odds, this breach in ethics is turned into a wholesome lesson to benefit Fastlane entrepreneurs and many others.

so why is your webdesign service not valuable enough to make more money
IMO, there's lots of copy-paste web design platforms like wordpress and Wix which can produce professional-styled websites...and web visitors generally don't ask for too many features these days.

It's a question of relative value in the marketplace.

I begin to worry that if the Internet does not evolve in Web 3.0 or something with never features or interactive interfaces, it's going to become some kind of commodity. It's not to say web design is totally out, given that there are lots of good support fields like backcode and security maintainence around websites which can be considered as part of the design....but it's just a worry in the back of my mind.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.