The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mastermind - 5 People - 5 Guys Who Will Change the World

kubbaaa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Nov 9, 2016
Mastermind Group For That One, Who Will Change The World
I'm searching for at least 5 people to my mastermind group.

We will meet once a week to talk about our goals, share ideas. It's obvious.

Requirements
  • You are going to change the world (I'm not kidding)
  • You must be doing something now to achieve your goals. Preferably, in every free second of your time (I hope I'm not the only one doing so)
  • You should have interesting traits, habits, things that you do differently that other people, to inspire other mastermind members

You may ask "Who the hell I'm to set that requirements?" but it will mean to me that I'm doing it right. I'm searching only for other people who will change the world

If you want to know something about me, see my thread on the forum (A little bit outdated)

We will meet once a week throught skype/whatsapp call.
If you are interested, please send me pm and I will send you google sheet with propositions, when we can meet.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
Why once per week? How often do your goals/ideas change? Doesn't once a year sound more realistic?

What else will you do besides talk about goals? How will this change the world?

kubbaaa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Nov 9, 2016
Why once per week? How often do your goals/ideas change? Doesn't once a year sound more realistic?
It's up to us how often we can meet. I have goals to my every day, week, month so I believe others have them too and there will be topics to talk.

What else will you do besides talk about goals? How will this change the world?
It's more about self-development and inspiring each other with new ideas, talking with people with the same mindset like me (and you).
If you have an experience in, for instance, raising funds, you can share that knowledge with other members.
I hope you get the point.

The core idea is, as I said, to develop yourself via that group, execution is not the main topic, but definitely we can help each other if one has the knowledge.

(Don't understand me wrong. Don't think that I'm stupid guy who believs that only talking about new ideas could make me rich.)

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
I read it every day. Currently finishing 33 page threads about web development, but it seems to me that it's better to talk with other rather than just typing general texts on the forum, don't you?

Not really, here I can tap into the combined knowledge of ~35,000 people. You want to do it with 5...

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Jun 29, 2011
Weekly masterminds like this can work. Where are you from?

kubbaaa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Nov 9, 2016
Not really, here I can tap into the combined knowledge of ~35,000 people. You want to do it with 5...
For general topic about entrepreneurship, business advices etc. I totaly agree with you, but to talk about your goals it's better with a few people, who can give you "tailored" advices.

Poland

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
I feel like there is a paradox involved in "mastermind groups"

So the concept is to get 5 people together weekly to talk about goals and ideas so you can all learn from each other.

But the only way to learn from somebody is for them to have more knowledge than you. So if you get 5 people together to learn from each other the smartest guy in the group will realize he doesn't learn anything from the other 4 and he stops showing up.

Why would I keep showing up if I'm just teaching the whole time?

This cycle then repeats until you find 5 people that are all equal. Once this happens nobody is learning anything. It just becomes a boys night out but it is labelled as a mastermind group so 5 people feel like they were productive and then proceed to action fake themselves to the grave.

This forum on the other hand has really smart people that give advice all of the time. I don't know why they don't leave you'd have to ask them. #doitfortherep

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
I hate seeing progress threads before a sale or people talking discussing how they will "change the world".

Get out there and focus on adding value to the world. Stop mentally masturbating about "changing the world" (I hate the term) with your amazing idea.

News flash. You aren't gonna change the world because you know you will change the world. You gotta get out in the world and add massive amounts of value to change it.

The doers of the world do things. The thinkers of the world think they can do things.

Be a doer and not a thinker.

/rant

Meeting once a week to discuss "goals" is just an action fake anyway.

kubbaaa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Nov 9, 2016
You aren't gonna change the world because you know you will change the world. You gotta get out in the world and add massive amounts of value to change it.
Agree that I can not, but to my mind it is just first step. Willingness to do it.

You can't change the world if you don't want to. You also can't do it if you only want to have comfortable life, rather than making huge influence on others.

Do you know the difference between millionaires and billionaires?

I want to have other people, who also want to do this, around me, because is good and inspiring to talk with people with the same mindset, isn't it? It will not cause any problems, disadvantages, whatever.

Actions will be taken anyway.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Let this guy work this out himself. This will be a networking process for him and the group at bare minimum. Even if it turns out to be an action fake, there can still be learning opportunities.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Jun 29, 2011
Meeting once a week to discuss "goals" is just an action fake anyway.
A mastermind that four of us on the forum started back in 2013 or so helped us create multiple five figure days and six figures businesses.
It's largely responsible for my card game that I funded with Kickstarter.
I recommend a mastermind for people that are ready and serious, and I think kubbaaa is both.

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
its not a bad idea if you start challenges in the group! its not action faking if you hang out with like minded people rather than with some of your friends that dont want more from life

Last edited:

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
What knowledge/skills do you bring to the table?

motosnipe

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 20, 2016
Pennsylvania
This sounds very intriguing, and hearing that this is how one member was able to start a six figure business is promising. I would love to give it a shot, however I do not have skype, and not sure if this old laptop would work well in that capacity. I'm ready to share and listen to as many ideas as possible in order to create something great.

A

Anon1351z

I feel like there is a paradox involved in "mastermind groups"

So the concept is to get 5 people together weekly to talk about goals and ideas so you can all learn from each other.

But the only way to learn from somebody is for them to have more knowledge than you. So if you get 5 people together to learn from each other the smartest guy in the group will realize he doesn't learn anything from the other 4 and he stops showing up.

Do you seriously think that you have more knowledge than any individual in every single aspect of life or even business? Knowledge isn't linear...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011

Back in 2013, Wade and I did a weekly mastermind like you are doing.

We structure it more as an accountability group for motivation because the 4 of us were just getting started.

On top of the accountability group, we sought out mentors who helped provide direction and advise.

Have you considered reaching out to someone like Elon Musk (or someone else changing the world) to provide guidance for your group?

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
Do you seriously think that you have more knowledge than any individual in every single aspect of life or even business? Knowledge isn't linear...
Of course not. You can learn things from everybody.

But if you want to form a group to learn a specific topic like business I cannot see how that would work. You are going to find 5 dudes that have little to no knowledge about business but big dreams to change the world who end up learning nothing. Sure you can hold each other accountable and keep everyone motivated but actually learning useful things about business and changing the world won't work.

Here's how I imagine this groups conversations:

"Hey guys lets change the world!"
"YEA!!!"
"How?"
"Clean water for everyone!"
"YEA!!!!"
"How?"
"We have to make a process/plan and figure out how to fundraise money and research the industry etc.."
"Okay lets do that during the week and talk more about it next meetup"
*Repeat until infinity*

You guys mentioned Elon Musk. He's changing the world. Did he have a mastermind group? I'm pretty sure most of his friends told him not to do the crazy shit he's doing.

A

Anon1351z

But if you want to form a group to learn a specific topic like business I cannot see how that would work. You are going to find 5 dudes that have little to no knowledge about business but big dreams to change the world who end up learning nothing. Sure you can hold each other accountable and keep everyone motivated but actually learning useful things about business and changing the world won't work.

First off, I'm not sure you can call the topic of "business" specific, considering it's essentially an infinite field.

Secondly, you're making assumptions. Why would this automatically result in five people that have little to no knowledge about business? Why would learning useful things about business not work? If you have 5 people each running their own businesses, learning different things specific to their niche, and distilling down the best lessons they learned that week for everyone else in the group, that seems valuable.

You guys mentioned Elon Musk. He's changing the world. Did he have a mastermind group? I'm pretty sure most of his friends told him not to do the crazy shit he's doing.

I know of a local group of construction company owners that meet once a month for what they call a "lunch bunch". It's like 8 guys that have businesses collectively worth over $1B. Almost all of these guys grew up together and they've been doing it for decades. Hell, most of them even live on the same street.

I'm not even interested in joining the group above, I have my own mentors and peers that I bounce stuff off of. I just don't like the trend I see on the forum of people acting like building a successful business is some binary outcome. A mastermind could be great for one person, and bad for another.

I think if @kubbaaa, a 17-year-old who's clearly an anomaly (from his thread) can find other people to learn from and share with on a weekly basis, he should try it out and see if it works for him.

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
Of course not. You can learn things from everybody.

Here's how I imagine this groups conversations:

"Hey guys lets change the world!"
"YEA!!!"
"How?"
"Clean water for everyone!"
"YEA!!!!"
"How?"
"We have to make a process/plan and figure out how to fundraise money and research the industry etc.."
"Okay lets do that during the week and talk more about it next meetup"
*Repeat until infinity*

What you See is what you reflect

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Jun 29, 2011
But if you want to form a group to learn a specific topic like business I cannot see how that would work.
I'll give you a real life example. This actually happened in our mastermind.

WEEK 1
PERSON 1: My website is setup, and I'm running Facebook ads to it, but I can't get any traffic for some reason. I'm going to try Adwords instead.
OTHERS: No, don't try Adwords. Facebook is not the problem. You are. You need to stick to one traffic source until you figure it out. Try targeting more people.
PERSON 1: Okay, I'll do that and let you know what happens next week.

WEEK 2
PERSON 1: I'm still not getting any traffic. I'm going to try Adwords instead.
OTHERS: No, DO NOT go to Adwords. Marketers lose money when they bounce from one traffic source to another. Master one before moving to another. How high is your bid?
PERSON 1: My bid is exactly what they suggest.
OTHERS: Try bumping up your bid to $5 per click, and cap your daily spend at $25 so you're not charged $10,000.
PERSON 1: Whatever. *Extremely pissed at everyone for a few days*

WEEK 3
PERSON 1: I figure out that if you bid $5 per click for traffic, you only end up paying a little more than their suggested bid of $0.60 per click. I spent $25 per day and did $300 in sales.
OTHERS: Awesome! No increase your daily budget so you get more traffic.
PERSON 1: I can't because I can't spend that much money.
OTHERS: You just spend $175 and made $300. You're not spending money, you're making money.

WEEK 4
PERSON 1: I increased my budget to $50 per day and did $700 in sales.
OTHERS: You just spend $175 and made $300. You're not spending money, you're making money.

*Scared to increase budget repeats for another couple weeks*

WEEK 7
PERSON 1: My budget is $1,000 per day, but it only lets me spend $500 for some reason. I'm doing $XX,XXX per week in sales.
OTHERS: Nice F*cking job! *Secretly wants to be person 1*

ljb7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Jun 7, 2014
I think you'll struggle to build the trust needed to discuss real goals and real ideas if you're only chatting once per week with your group.

I've been in a few mastermind groups. The majority have fizzled out for various reasons. However, the progress you can make in a successful mastermind is unreal, (and its invaluable if you don't have any sort of biz network around you in your day-to-day life). I can safely say my business wouldn't have reached the level it's at today without the mastermind group behind which it was formed.

The group I'm a part of had a slightly different to yours. We were all working on the same business model and talked frequently. Looking back we must've spoke daily for about 6 months.

You need to build trust with one another to the point where you're all transparent with your businesses (it takes time, yes). Without that, it's hard to give real actionable advice (especially if you're working on different business models and in unrelated industries). If all you end up doing is giving the motivational spiel to one another every so often, cut your losses and go watch Gary V instead.

My advice to you is-
  • Don't let the group too large (people will take far more than they provide)
  • Get everyone on a face to face... it builds instant rapport and trust
  • Talk more than once a week at first, make it a habit
  • Try Slack instead of Skype

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I think you'll struggle to build the trust needed to discuss real goals and real ideas if you're only chatting once per week with your group.

I've been in a few mastermind groups. The majority have fizzled out for various reasons. However, the progress you can make in a successful mastermind is unreal, (and its invaluable if you don't have any sort of biz network around you in your day-to-day life). I can safely say my business wouldn't have reached the level it's at today without the mastermind group behind which it was formed.

The group I'm a part of had a slightly different to yours. We were all working on the same business model and talked frequently. Looking back we must've spoke daily for about 6 months.

You need to build trust with one another to the point where you're all transparent with your businesses (it takes time, yes). Without that, it's hard to give real actionable advice (especially if you're working on different business models and in unrelated industries). If all you end up doing is giving the motivational spiel to one another every so often, cut your losses and go watch Gary V instead.

My advice to you is-
  • Don't let the group too large (people will take far more than they provide)
  • Get everyone on a face to face... it builds instant rapport and trust
  • Talk more than once a week at first, make it a habit
  • Try Slack instead of Skype
Thanks for the heads-up - I've never used Slack and use Skype all the time. What's the advantage of Slack over Skype?

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
I'll give you a real life example. This actually happened in our mastermind.

WEEK 1
PERSON 1: My website is setup, and I'm running Facebook ads to it, but I can't get any traffic for some reason. I'm going to try Adwords instead.
OTHERS: No, don't try Adwords. Facebook is not the problem. You are. You need to stick to one traffic source until you figure it out. Try targeting more people.
PERSON 1: Okay, I'll do that and let you know what happens next week.

WEEK 2
PERSON 1: I'm still not getting any traffic. I'm going to try Adwords instead.
OTHERS: No, DO NOT go to Adwords. Marketers lose money when they bounce from one traffic source to another. Master one before moving to another. How high is your bid?
PERSON 1: My bid is exactly what they suggest.
OTHERS: Try bumping up your bid to $5 per click, and cap your daily spend at $25 so you're not charged $10,000.
PERSON 1: Whatever. *Extremely pissed at everyone for a few days*

WEEK 3
PERSON 1: I figure out that if you bid $5 per click for traffic, you only end up paying a little more than their suggested bid of $0.60 per click. I spent $25 per day and did $300 in sales.

WEEK 4
PERSON 1: I increased my budget to $50 per day and did $700 in sales.

*Scared to increase budget repeats for another couple weeks*

WEEK 7
PERSON 1: My budget is $1,000 per day, but it only lets me spend $500 for some reason. I'm doing $XX,XXX per week in sales.
OTHERS: Nice F*cking job! *Secretly wants to be person 1*
Okay. Well then my question is how do you create a successful mastermind group?

How do you know if kubbaaa would be a valuable member that would contribute? How do you know I would be? How did you know your group would be?

I just have this feeling that you will find tons of action fakers wanting to do this and end up wasting a bunch of time trying to find a perfect group of people.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

How do you know if kubbaaa would be a valuable member that would contribute? How do you know I would be? How did you know your group would be?

I just have this feeling that you will find tons of action fakers wanting to do this and end up wasting a bunch of time trying to find a perfect group of people.
Just start?

It sounds like you're talking yourself out of starting.

If it's something you're interested in doing then just jump in.

You'll learn more by engaging your peers, in the same way you learn more about business when you engage your market.

I'm not in any "official" mastermind groups with scheduled calls or meetups.

I am, however, in various small groups or in 1-2-1 communication with people who I share ideas and get and receive feedback from.

How did these start? By helping people and by natural "elimination". You'll know soon enough who's got a similar work ethic and similar values.

kubbaaa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Nov 9, 2016
Have you considered reaching out to someone like Elon Musk (or someone else changing the world) to provide guidance for your group?
I've considered, I'm currently trying to reach to my local multimillionaire and I will see how things goes.

What knowledge/skills do you bring to the table?
Hmm the best thing that I want to share with you is my self-development plan.
I see my life changing day to day. Today I do things about which I was scared to do yesterday.
(You may call it action faking, but if Benjamin Franklin used similiar thing (his plan was more general, mine is 'gazilion' times more specific/detailed and that's thing is not even 1/3 of my plan) and I saw it was proven that was the core of his success it is stupid to call this 'action faking'

I also started 'website agency' like the Fox one, to start do somethig serious on my own, so I have basic knowlegde of business.

Last edited:

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Jun 29, 2011

Everyone meets in person or on Skype. Figure out which stage everyone is (idea, scaling, etc.). Feel each other out. 3-5 people max. Might have to go through ten to find the right mix. Set the rules beforehand and stick to them no matter what. The most important goal for me was sticking to one thing for a year - no changing ideas every month. First week or two might need some tweaking here and there. Reconvene every three months to add/modify rules as needed. Create private Skype group to chat whenever something comes up. Keep it business related. Host a call to set goals and talk about valuable learning lessons each week. Ten minutes of talk time each. Talk about what you did, lessons learned, what you're going to do. Ask/answer any questions that come up. Make sure each person is pushing him/herself and not "coasting." Hold each other accountable with rewards/punishments.

No doubt some will do this because they're action fakers. That's why you meet everyone in person or on Skype. Talk privately among yourselves to finalize the mastermind. If someone sounds like an action faker (or later proves to be), cut 'em. No hard feelings. If everyone is an action faker or not on your level and you don't want to deal with it, excuse yourself. No hard feelings.

The people in my mastermind met at the yearly event this forum does. Dan Kennedy has (or at least use to have) a mastermind that met once per year. I knew a guy who was in it, and he said it costs something like $40,000 to part of it. Everyone in that mastermind was already killing it in business, so they didn't need the constant communication to help them through the growing pains. They just shared secrets to improving their conversion rates by 2% to earn another million.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.