• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

EXECUTION Master of My Own Fear - Primarily Weight-Loss *110 pounds lost*

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by Raoul Duke, Feb 26, 2018.

1. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $9,567
    I know it's not what you planned on but you went from 340 and broke to 290 and +20k in record time. That's epic by any standards.

Keep going, dude. You'll find traction on something. Losing all that weight and I know you've got more energy than you did a few months ago.

JAJT, YoungPadawan, Deceiver and 9 others like this.
  2. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke viene el cucuy Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,876
    What I have done with food is very basic. I'm sure I am missing a few key things. It is working out for me now. I'll go back to the drawing board, when i'm stuck.

I'm not counting calories either.

As I've told Chris... @LightHouse - My energy has gone through the roof. Not tired. No headaches. I am eating between 11 am - 2 pm. That is my window. The rest of the day. I drink water. Nothing else.

I really like the Hospital atmosphere. Not so negative like the other places I've worked at.

Thanks man! They are really laid back on overtime. So, if I do manage to save that up, by the end of the year. I'll be stoked.

3. Philip Marlowe

Philip Marlowe Every Day On, No Days Off Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,369
    Your progress is amazing. Not sure if you've had to buy new clothes yet but that's a great feeling and the new, tighter fitting clothes make you want to keep dropping pounds.

On the hospital (not that you asked), I'm a big proponent of enjoying a 9-5. I've said it here a dozen times that I love my job. I just know it's fragile and that eventually I want to work for myself. But in the mean time I'm enjoying it.

Working at a hospital can be very rewarding. I was an EMT years ago and loved it. The nurses can be a cynical bunch, but that's because they do most of the work for none of the pay. I'll probably get some heat for that...

Good luck!!!!!

4. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $179,417
    Holy sh*t. I have to step it up or you are going to pass me on the way down down down.

JAJT, Red, YoungPadawan and 5 others like this.
  5. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $158,722
    Epic! Really well done. Losing that amount of weight is life changing.

I've had jobs while I've reskilled and regrouped. I learned things I'd have never learned as a freelancer.
    I also love meeting people every week. It keeps me grounded, and I see pain points and frustrations all the time.

6. MidwestLandlord

MidwestLandlord Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $36,473
    Nice work!!

Nothing wrong with working for someone else when/as you need to.

This is huge for me, maybe it is for you too? When I get frustrated in life (with my personality it happens a lot lol), I tend to shut down, push people out, disconnect, quit being social etc.

I find myself hiding behind a screen (laptop or phone), and trying to avoid, well...my problems I suppose.

It makes things so much worse to do that though.

So I make an effort to get out around people. Anything really. Bring a friend a coffee, take my mom out to lunch, talk to someone at the grocery store, take my kids to a park and strike up a conversation with one of the other parents (always moms at the park during the day, never dads because they are working...kinda sad to see really), heck, even engaging people here helps.

I'm a very social guy, and reconnecting with people helps to maintain an abundance mentality for me. (there's lot's of people, therefore there's lot's of opportunity to provide value = lot's of money to be made)

Anyway, a life changing mindset shift for me was "frustration = engage more"

Maybe it's the same for you.

7. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke viene el cucuy Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,876
    Currently @ 279 lbs.

On July 1st, I switched up my food... something a little more controversial. I feel absolutely great.

A pure experiment on switching up my food. I ditched vegetables & fruit. Eating meat... 2 lbs a day.

Eating salmon and Grass Fed burger/ribeye.

I was properly fitted with running shoes. Starting slowly with running.

Canceled my gym membership. Never went. I have fared better being outside and being active.

Mostly walking & calisthenics. Added swimming and running into the mix.

Still on the same Intermittent Fasting schedule. Only DRINKING water!!

When I see people eating candy or drinking a soda... I gag. I try not to judge. I walk away.

8. Raoul Duke

Rep Bank:
    $2,876
    So a few things have changed. I have realized that solely eating on one food group. Is hurting me.

I went back to the drawing board. I will not use the popular terms nowadays.

This is a LIFESTYLE. Not a DIET.

In regards of "food". I am still following my one/two meals a day with Intermittent Fasting. Now I am more balanced. Example: Meat with Veggies.

In terms of weight right now. I am 250 lbs. My goal weight has changed as well.

With my copywriting/web designing work. That has been non-existent. I do have a few things in play. That will be a new thread for "execution".

I plan on being way more active on the forum.

Expect some photos as well. From when I was at my heaviest - 360 lbs. I'm not not going to show what I weigh now. That will be a month to month deal.

Required, AllenCrawley, JAJT and 15 others like this.
  9. LightHouse

LightHouse Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $27,290

Holy smokes dude. I am so impressed, and I love this thread. You are down 100lbs now right?

Andy Black and Raoul Duke like this.
  10. Raoul Duke

Rep Bank:
    $2,876
    I lost 15 lbs of 360 lbs before the Summit. I weighed 345 lbs during the 2018 Summit.

110 lbs from Jan 1st (or so) 2018.

I think I finally got my food in order. It is really based on how I felt. Think paleoish. Dr. Rhonda Patrick really deserves the credit for my food situation. Really got it honed in from her.

My goal was around 180 lbs. I am now shooting for 160. Either way, I still have quite a bit more to lose.

11. LightHouse

LightHouse Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $27,290
    You are about 5'10 right? 160 is slim at that height. I think around 180 is a great target. I mean... Even where you are at now is amazing progress.

It sounds like you just need to put that same focus and dedication into your work and see the same results!

Great progress

12. Raoul Duke

Rep Bank:
    $2,876
    5'11.

I keep get mixed reviews on the proper height to weight ratio. With BMI, etc... I'm sure I will figure it though. 100 plus pounds was hard enough to lose.

I am sure the next 100 lbs or so will be harder. I am not trying to rush it either. It took 10 - 15 years to get this big.

My goal is by Fastlane 2020 Summit. I am at my goal weight with a 6 pack.

I am fully aware that this is a constant battle. No slipping.

I feel great as well. My uncle and his wife recently passed away on my father side. So, I have been feeling kind sad on that for him.

My focus and clarity have gotten a lot better as well. I wonder if it is due to sugar? But, yeah, business side of things need to pick up.

Deceiver, AllenCrawley, Red and 10 others like this.
  13. Ninjakid

Ninjakid Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,221
    Congratulations man! 100 pounds lost! That's a hell of an achievement! If you keep processing like this you can accomplish anything.

Raoul Duke likes this.
  14. TheSilverSpoon

TheSilverSpoon Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $2,518
    One of my favorite progress threads of the year. Great progress man!

I'll echo what @LightHouse said. 160 is going to be quite slim at that height. I'm 6' and felt like a bean pole when I was 165. I personally feel best at a relatively lean 190 or so.

Raoul Duke likes this.
  15. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $9,567
    amp0193 and Raoul Duke like this.
  16. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $47,302
    This is unbelievable. Way to go @Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke likes this.
  17. rogue synthetic

rogue synthetic * Not actually Rutger Hauer Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,202
    Great job! That's progress to write a letter about.

I don't know if you'll find any good numbers on a proper height/weight ratio. BMI is pretty useless except as a general barometer. 160 would be on the thinner side at 5'11, 180 probably closer to a comfy resting weight as @LightHouse mentioned.

I'm two inches shorter, and have been an active 200+ lbs my whole adult life up until about 3 years ago. I'm now sitting around 170-175, more by neglect than design, and 160 would be positively tiny with my frame.

Raoul Duke likes this.
  18. Raoul Duke

Rep Bank:
    $2,876
    I think it really boils down to how broad you are. Bone density, etc... If your body can "hold" the weight.

During high school I was 225 - 245 lbs. When I would play football I would bulk up to 260 - 280 lbs, then cut back down.

When I weighed that during high school. I was a bit chubby. But very athletic.

Either way , these last few months have been tough. Gonna get a lot tougher. I'm gonna have to deal with the loose skin as well. I'll have to pull a David Goggins.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018 at 9:06 PM
  19. Madame Peccato

Madame Peccato New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $107
    Great job man, I know how hard it is to lose weight, I dropped from 110 kg (242 lbs) to 86 (190 lbs) in about a year and a half, it wasn't easy but it was super rewarding.

Loose skin sucks. I have stretch marks all over my belly due to the rapid weight gain into rapid weight loss (I lost my first 12 kg in 2 months...it was brutal).

Keep fighting the good battle, impressive results so far.

Vigilante and Raoul Duke like this.
  20. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $64,654
    Incredible progress. Can't believe I missed all the updates until now.

You're doing what 99% of people can't/won't do - making incredible progress and sticking with it.

Amazing.

Roz, MidwestLandlord and Raoul Duke like this.
  21. Raoul Duke

Rep Bank:
    $2,876
    The BIGGEST takeaway for me. I can LIVE without Coca-Cola.

No headaches. No crash. Sleep TONS better.

I LOVE water now, as much as I LOVED Coca-Cola.

Yeah, food is a huge issue.

It was, stay up all night. Eat a box of cereal. Drink 5 - 8 cokes a night. I was practically a drunk. Drown a 24 pack in a day was a breeze.

The big eye opener. Was when I looked at the photos. I could see the swelling dissipate. I had seen that before. Just never stuck with it.

Rest a sure. That'll never happen again.

22. Milkanic

Milkanic Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $5,658
    Wow, congrats. Following along to see the pic of you at 180.

Little tip how I make 90% of my meals and it was a game changer for me.
    1.) Buy a 5 lb bag of frozen Normandy and/or Mediterranean blend vegetables. Usually hidden the bottom shelve. Frozen vegetables are just as healthy as fresh.
    2.) 5 lb bag of frozen protein. Chicken, salmon, other fish, etc around 1" think.
    3.) Seasonings of choice. Old Bay, Cajun, Lemon, etc.
    4.) Olive oil

Cover a 12"x20" baking sheet in aluminum foil. Fill half with frozen vegetables, other half with frozen protein. Pour olive oil over everything and toss around a bit. Sprinkle on seasoning for flavor.

Put in oven for 42 minutes at 420 degrees. Vegetables should be blackened a bit and protein perfectly cooked. Double up baking sheets to meal prep for the next meal/day as well.

Raoul Duke likes this.
  23. AllenCrawley

AllenCrawley Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $70,633