The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Master of My Own Fear - Primarily Weight-Loss *155 pounds lost*

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
This Progress thread is for two things only.
  • Copywriting - UpWork + Website / Craigslist Hustle
  • Document weight loss

Copywriting
  • Read Ca$hvertising, Influence, Breakthrough Advertising
  • @SinisterLex Copywriting Course
  • I am on UpWork. Currently, my visibility is locked. Due to inactivity. That'll change.

Weightloss
  • Weight: 342.6 pounds
  • Goal Weigh: 185 pounds

The overarching goal will be this:
  • Copywriting on UpWork / Website - 10k monthly by June 1st, 2018
  • 100 pounds lost by February 1st, 2019

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With copywriting. I need to concentrate on getting a gig, that pays.

Ideally, I would like to be at 185 pounds by February, 2019. That last 40 - 80 pounds will be the hardest. I can only push through the adversity!

I'm basing everything on this by doing five tasks daily. Marking a W (Won the Day) or L (Lost the Day).
My goals will not by on my daily five tasks. For more information on this: Maximizing Productivity & Win the Day

I have a notebook that each day will have my five tasks.

Monday - 02/26/2018

1. Setup instagram / Sign up for hosting & domain
2. Get a gig on UpWork
3. Go to the Grocery Store for healthy food
4. Sign up at local Gym
5. Buy water filtration system
L

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Holy smokes! Weighed myself today. Been a while.

I am now my High School weight - 225 pounds. I will have to dig up some photos from 2002 (when I graduated).

Pretty stoked!

Made some solid gains with running. Now up to 6 miles a day. Running in increments... 1/2 mile. Goal is 10 miles a day (M-F only).

Much more to add. Will update some more in a bit.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Well... Well... Well... Time for a update, I suppose. lol

Starting off with Health: I'm down 290 lbs. Still One Meal A Day (6oz fish, lots of veggies). No CARBS or Sugar (soda). Drinking plenty of water.

Exercising consists of walking, stretching + yoga and row machines. Haven't really hit the weights.

My father has been battling health issues for quite some time. Which has effected me with freelancing. Which has been nonexistent. I've pushed people away, basically. I think the reason why: I don't enjoy copywriting.

So, I quit.

I started working at our Hospital. I work in Materials Maintenance. Delivering equipment for OR, ED, etc...

Monday - Friday with the weekends off. 40 hours a week with benefits. $12.47 hour. With all the overtime I want.

So, with that in mind...

Working 40 hours of overtime per check (2 a month). That is $1,101.44 x 13 = $14,318.72 by the end of the year.

Working for the rest of my life for someone else isn't my goal or plan. But, freelancing hasn't gotten me nowhere near that amount of money.

Sure, I could finish out @Fox course. I didn't have much success with copywriting. Feels like i'm bouncing from one shiny object, to the next.

So, how could I expect Web Design to end up like copywriting?

By working at the Hospital. I have access... meeting people from all walks of life. This, has opened me up quite a bit. Meeting new folks, etc...

By working overtime and saving from the regular paycheck. I'll have roughly $20k in the bank. And yes @LightHouse I have paid off my loan. So, I am debt free now.

I've spotted several opportunities as well in the Hospital.

So, maybe freelancing is done for me? I still want to open up the restaurant. Freelancing was a means to a end.

@Philip Marlowe @JAJT @Chitown @MJ DeMarco @Scot @Vigilante @G-Man @million$$$smile

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

Current weight: 170 lbs

Stilling running 10 - 15 miles a day. With one day at 20 miles. This is M - F. I found that this works early in the morning for me. I'm up at 6 am. Start my run at 7 am. I have NOT.... missed a day.

Early 2019, my father, had a heart attack. So, that, really really really put my but into gear. It has been amazing watching his weight loss as well. He joins in a run every now again.

My girlfriend, and I, were expecting our first child. We had a miscarriage. Then a few months later. A family committed suicide. Had I not picked up running. I'm not sure were I would be right now. Running... saved my life. I found a comfort running on a day by day basis. I do however believe I haven't "fully" recovered. Hadn't really dwelled on it. Just putting one foot in front of the other.

Life is good. Everyone in our family is doing well. My girlfriend is great as well.

I am expecting big things in 2020.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
So a few things have changed. I have realized that solely eating on one food group. Is hurting me.

I went back to the drawing board. I will not use the popular terms nowadays.

This is a LIFESTYLE. Not a DIET.

In regards of "food". I am still following my one/two meals a day with Intermittent Fasting. Now I am more balanced. Example: Meat with Veggies.

In terms of weight right now. I am 250 lbs. My goal weight has changed as well.

With my copywriting/web designing work. That has been non-existent. I do have a few things in play. That will be a new thread for "execution".

I plan on being way more active on the forum.

Expect some photos as well. From when I was at my heaviest - 360 lbs. I'm not not going to show what I weigh now. That will be a month to month deal.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Currently @ 279 lbs.

On July 1st, I switched up my food... something a little more controversial. I feel absolutely great.

A pure experiment on switching up my food. I ditched vegetables & fruit. Eating meat... 2 lbs a day.

Eating salmon and Grass Fed burger/ribeye.

I was properly fitted with running shoes. Starting slowly with running.

Canceled my gym membership. Never went. I have fared better being outside and being active.

Mostly walking & calisthenics. Added swimming and running into the mix.

Still on the same Intermittent Fasting schedule. Only DRINKING water!!

When I see people eating candy or drinking a soda... I gag. I try not to judge. I walk away.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

Just got off the scale: 210 lbs.

Unknown territory. Feels awesome! Pressing down on the accelerator. Gotta go. Bye-Bye!!

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
[THREAD HIJACK]

Guys just a word here...

All of these goals are dependent on one thing: What you eat. That is 90% of the process, the other 10% is exercise, getting your heart rate up, gym, etc.

Last year we didn't have a Summit because I was having health issues.

I won't go into those, but this year the Summit happened because my health improved.

Why did it improve?

Did I start taking a pharma pill? Did I have a surgery? Did I hit the gym 5 days a week?

Nope, all I did was attack the BIGGEST PROCESS responsible for health and body ... I changed what I put in my mouth.

While I'm still not out of the woods, you don't change 10 years of chronic issues with a few months of dietary changes.

At the end of the day, what you put in your mouth will change everything because it is something that happens 10X a day. And this needs to be permanent, a lifestyle, not something that happens a few weeks and then returns to a baseline normal of junk food.

The yo-yo weight gain/loss is the difference between a lifestyle and a diet.

Lifestyles are permanent.
Diets are temporary.

Hence, the yo-yo.

The new lifestyle should have a combo of:
  • Reduce sugars and empty garbage carbs.
  • Reduce highly processed crap (stuff on the interior of the grocery store)
  • More veggies and fruits.
  • Less meat and diary.
  • Read labels
  • Move toward eating whole foods, stuff closer to their natural state.
Wishing you all the best of success.

I consider dietary changes the most difficult thing to change because they involve bio-chemistry with addictive components ... for example, they've proven that sugar and cheese has a similar dopamine response to drugs.

Not only are you fighting your habits, you will be fighting your body's bio-chemical response to the absence of addictive substances ... substances that are purposely put there by the food companies so you will eat more and more...

And that's another thread.

[/END HIJACK]

I have been a prisoner of my indulgences.

I was going to wait until tonight to make this post. So for this entire week, I have been drinking 1.5 g of water. Stopped cold turkey drinking soda pop. For a couple of days it was a struggle. By the end of the week. Holy Crap! I can feel a huge difference. Not being inflamed, the biggest thing noticeable.

When I had went to the local grocery store. Natural Grocers to be exact. I gave myself $65 dollars a week for food. I should have taken a picture. A of vegetables, fruits and oil (rice, balsamic, avocado vinegar). Let me tell you something. Did not expect to go back for more items to purchase.

Vegetables:
  • Eggplant
  • Butternut squash
  • Spaghetti squash
  • Spinach
  • Asparagus
  • Broccoli
  • Cauliflower
  • Arugula
  • Cucumber
  • Zucchini
  • Bell-pepper
  • Tomato
  • Brussel sprouts
Fruit:
  • Blackberries
  • Strawberries
  • Apple
  • Watermelon
  • Lemon
Added fat as well: Walnuts, Avocado, Almonds, Hazelnut, etc.

For my protein: Wild Alaskan Sockeye 6 oz. This was excluded from the $65 budget. Fish was pretty expensive. If I eat it 5 days a week. It will last me 2 months and 2 weeks. 20 lbs of fish. $269.95.

The most expensive items were the spices, vinegar, oil and fish.

Now, I know that is a lot of fish. Right now I am shocking my body. I am coming from 2 -3 meals a day of fast food. KFC, McDonalds, etc...

Which brings me to this point: I was spending roughly $25 dollars a day on unhealthy food. IF I did go to the grocery store. It was cereal, cakes, etc... Sugary/Processed bullshit.

If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule? Anton Chigurh

Which is crazy right? How obvious does have it to be? Roughly $175 dollars a week and I became obese. It is no wonder why I became obese.

Now with the produce I bought. I bought smaller amounts. Not sure what I would like. I can report this: I loved every single thing I bought. My body went through a complete shock!

I also found something interesting. I suck at cooking and love it! I think cooking will help with my fear of failing.

So this is what my meals look like: Monday through Friday - One Meal A Day. Stir Fry for vegetables.
A lot of vegetables, 1 cup per day of fruit, 6 oz protein, 4 - 5 tbsp of fat. Saturday & Sunday will strictly be Indian Cuisine meals. Trying to stay from carbs. Or have it in small amounts.

Basically 23:1 Intermittent Fasting.

I'm sure this will change. It will get harder and harder as the months go by.

My sources:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/014311638X/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

@eliquid @Chitown @Philip Marlowe @MJ DeMarco

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
January 2018 I weighed roughly 365 lbs. On December 29th, 2018 I weigh 220 lbs. I am bouncing back in forth between 160 - 170 lbs. This is unknown territory for myself. I have a image of myself on what I want to look like. My goal is to assess myself at 200 lbs.

Meeting people at the summit was a huge step for myself. I am extremely embarrassed. I told myself that I didn't care what others think. That is why I have not shared any photos of my weight loss. When I look at the photos. I am still in shock. How could I do that to myself? I have photos of myself over the past months during the process though.

I will be publishing photos of my weight loss. Over the course of 12 months. It is a bit bass ackwards. Don't care. lol
Also will be going over general notes: Food (vegetarian, carnivore, paleo, & keto), exercise, etc...

UPDATE:
So, now that I am, 220 lbs. I am up to 9 miles a day running. Over the past few months business has picked up for myself. I sold my mobile home: $5,000. I didn't give much for it. I am in the process of selling my 3 acres of land. That means I am living with my parents again. Rent free for 6 months. Leaving May 1st 2019. Leaving Home Depot on that date as well. Debt free and building capital. Going to start working with a forum member next week. Excited about that.

Without further ado:

January 2018 - 365lbs
rd.jpg rd2.jpg

February (FLF Summit) 2018 - 345
345.jpg

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
One thing I'm having trouble with. Getting in bed sooner. Would like to make a new routine. Instead of being a night owl. I would like to be a morning person.
I had insomnia for several years, and it completely went away in 2018. If you saw pictures of me in 2017 and now you can see a huge difference; I looked really run down and haggard all the time, definitely more than someone my age should. Here's what I did and what I'd recommend for you:

1. Set your alarm clock early and wake up at that time, no matter how tired you are. Let's say you want to wake up at 6, even if you sleep at 5:30, wake up at 6, no matter what. If you feel tired throughout the day, good. When 10 pm comes around you'll be itching to get your 8 hours of sleep.
  2. Exercise. Especially if your new to it, you'll be physically tired and your body will want it's rest.
  3. Manage time well, and get everything you need done for the day early. This way, you won't be anxious about it in the evening and it won't keep you up.
  4. Have a clean, balanced diet. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables, have good quality whole meat, and carbs from whole grain. Avoid anything processed and with refined sugar and salt. You won't feel bloated and you'll sleep better.
  5. Be happy. Try to look on the positives of life. Have fun. Wake up telling yourself today is going to be awesome, and you can't wait to get out of bed and grab life by the horns.
  6. Limit caffeine. I don't know if you drink a lot of caffeinated drinks, but they overstimulate for adrenal glands and mess up your sleep. I went from sometimes drinking 8 cups of coffee a day to only one a day in the morning. Did wonders.
I hope some of this helps. Rooting for you mate!

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Dude! You lost 50 lbs on 5 months!

10 lbs/month! CONGRATS! Anyone that does one meal a day has my attention. Incredible that you have persevered.

I think you are in THE process. Remember, MJ was driving customers in someone else's limo.

It is not the job that matters. It is the OPPORTUNITY in the job.

Once you seize on to the opportunity, your VISION will increase.

Find your opportunity-find your vision.

Following.

What I have done with food is very basic. I'm sure I am missing a few key things. It is working out for me now. I'll go back to the drawing board, when i'm stuck.

I'm not counting calories either.

As I've told Chris... @LightHouse - My energy has gone through the roof. Not tired. No headaches. I am eating between 11 am - 2 pm. That is my window. The rest of the day. I drink water. Nothing else.

I really like the Hospital atmosphere. Not so negative like the other places I've worked at.

I know it's not what you planned on but you went from 340 and broke to 290 and +20k in record time. That's epic by any standards.

Keep going, dude. You'll find traction on something. Losing all that weight and I know you've got more energy than you did a few months ago.

Thanks man! They are really laid back on overtime. So, if I do manage to save that up, by the end of the year. I'll be stoked.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
1 cup per day of fruit

Slightly unpopular opinion: fruit isn't really needed in a healthy veggie-rich diet.

Fruit, generally, is mostly just sugar and empty calories with some Vitamin C thrown in.

Consider an Orange vs a Bell Pepper:

upload_2018-3-5_10-40-53.png

I've highlighter which one "wins" in the stats. Unless you are dying to get a minuscule amount of fiber and 3% more calcium - the clear winner is a bell pepper. Less sugar, less calories, more vitamins.

That being said - if you are trying to use fruit as a snack replacement for garbage foods like chips, soda, etc... or you just simply LIKE them, then by all means.

I just like pointing out that many folks run to fruit like a dietary requirement for healthy living and truthfully it's really not the case. Fruit (again, generally) doesn't really give you anything you don't normally get from the veggies you normally eat.

So eat them if you like them, it's not like they are bad for you, but if you find it a pain to get in all the fruits you were planning to - don't feel bad about dropping them entirely.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Dude! You lost 50 lbs on 5 months!

10 lbs/month! CONGRATS! Anyone that does one meal a day has my attention. Incredible that you have persevered.

I think you are in THE process. Remember, MJ was driving customers in someone else's limo.

It is not the job that matters. It is the OPPORTUNITY in the job.

Once you seize on to the opportunity, your VISION will increase.

Find your opportunity-find your vision.

Following.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
You are about 5'10 right? 160 is slim at that height. I think around 180 is a great target. I mean... Even where you are at now is amazing progress.

It sounds like you just need to put that same focus and dedication into your work and see the same results!

Great progress

5'11.

I keep get mixed reviews on the proper height to weight ratio. With BMI, etc... I'm sure I will figure it though. 100 plus pounds was hard enough to lose.

I am sure the next 100 lbs or so will be harder. I am not trying to rush it either. It took 10 - 15 years to get this big.

My goal is by Fastlane 2020 Summit. I am at my goal weight with a 6 pack.

I am fully aware that this is a constant battle. No slipping.

I feel great as well. My uncle and his wife recently passed away on my father side. So, I have been feeling kind sad on that for him.

My focus and clarity have gotten a lot better as well. I wonder if it is due to sugar? But, yeah, business side of things need to pick up.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
If you hate running so much? Why dont you try lifting?

According to the book "Body by science" fitness and Aerobic training is pretty much waste of time, you burn far more calories by lifting weights and as a bonus you train your cardio system at the same time ;)

Running has been very rewarding. It shows that I'm capable of much more. Who said I don't lift?

Let's get this out of the way now. What works for you. Will quite possibly not work for myself. Sure, we can have a general set of principles. Rules, if you must. I simply got tired of "following" said rules. Once I did that. I became open minded. I found exactly what worked for myself.

The end result: 145 lbs lost.

Wasn't because of some fancy this or that. It was, keeping my head down and nose to the grind stone.

Diet is a fancy word they want to sell you.

It is a way of life. Nothing more. Nothing less. Don't over complicate it.

Last edited:

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
I know it's not what you planned on but you went from 340 and broke to 290 and +20k in record time. That's epic by any standards.

Keep going, dude. You'll find traction on something. Losing all that weight and I know you've got more energy than you did a few months ago.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Holy smokes dude. I am so impressed, and I love this thread. You are down 100lbs now right?

I lost 15 lbs of 360 lbs before the Summit. I weighed 345 lbs during the 2018 Summit.

110 lbs from Jan 1st (or so) 2018.

I think I finally got my food in order. It is really based on how I felt. Think paleoish. Dr. Rhonda Patrick really deserves the credit for my food situation. Really got it honed in from her.

My goal was around 180 lbs. I am now shooting for 160. Either way, I still have quite a bit more to lose.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Starting off with Health: I'm down 290 lbs. Still One Meal A Day (6oz fish, lots of veggies). No CARBS or Sugar (soda). Drinking plenty of water.

Nice work!!

Working for the rest of my life for someone else isn't my goal or plan.

Nothing wrong with working for someone else when/as you need to.

By working at the Hospital. I have access... meeting people from all walks of life. This, has opened me up quite a bit. Meeting new folks, etc...

This is huge for me, maybe it is for you too? When I get frustrated in life (with my personality it happens a lot lol), I tend to shut down, push people out, disconnect, quit being social etc.

I find myself hiding behind a screen (laptop or phone), and trying to avoid, well...my problems I suppose.

It makes things so much worse to do that though.

So I make an effort to get out around people. Anything really. Bring a friend a coffee, take my mom out to lunch, talk to someone at the grocery store, take my kids to a park and strike up a conversation with one of the other parents (always moms at the park during the day, never dads because they are working...kinda sad to see really), heck, even engaging people here helps.

I'm a very social guy, and reconnecting with people helps to maintain an abundance mentality for me. (there's lot's of people, therefore there's lot's of opportunity to provide value = lot's of money to be made)

Anyway, a life changing mindset shift for me was "frustration = engage more"

Maybe it's the same for you.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Current weight: 183 lbs. A bit of a struggle. Not with food. Exercising type stuff. Went to the doctor. Had test ran, nothing popped up. I have loose skin. We talked about plastic surgery. Which, I'm not going, to do.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
You knew loose skin was gonna be a problem when you started.

Exercising sucks for everybody but don’t beat yourself up just yet.. you’ve done incredibly well. You might just need a change.

Plyometrics will firm up the fascia in your body. Light jogging stuff or mini trampoline stuff.

You’ve been putting your body through a ton, forgive it a bit for not doing what you clearly want it to. This stage will be behind you soon and man are you gonna be an inspiration to others, for a long time.

Meanwhile, hugs. You’re doing damn good dude. Now find a way to do it even better.

It isn't about exercising. I keep my moving my goal weight. What type of body do I want. I am a bit worried about stopping and doing a clean bulk. Afraid, that I might, put the weight, back on.

I run 10 miles M - F. Every couple of weeks. I will run 15 - 20 miles. Just one day. Trying not to overwork my legs, knees, etc...

Awesome progress @Raoul Duke! Thanks for sharing! :)

How much better do you feel with your weightloss compared to before?

What are the biggest mindset changes you've experienced along the way?

I am not sure if I could put into words on how much better I feel. Dropping sugar, has made, a huge difference.

Biggest mindset change: Would be, that I can, push myself, further than I thought. I do have better clarity. I'm not in a "caffeine" fog anymore.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Incredible progress. Can't believe I missed all the updates until now.

You're doing what 99% of people can't/won't do - making incredible progress and sticking with it.

Amazing.

The BIGGEST takeaway for me. I can LIVE without Coca-Cola.

No headaches. No crash. Sleep TONS better.

I LOVE water now, as much as I LOVED Coca-Cola.

Yeah, food is a huge issue.

It was, stay up all night. Eat a box of cereal. Drink 5 - 8 cokes a night. I was practically a drunk. Drown a 24 pack in a day was a breeze.

The big eye opener. Was when I looked at the photos. I could see the swelling dissipate. I had seen that before. Just never stuck with it.

Rest a sure. That'll never happen again.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Started my routine today. 5x5. Ended with a 20 minute incline treadmill walk. Feels pretty good.

Philip Marlowe

Every Day On, No Days Off
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Apr 28, 2017
NE
Does your trash can stink?

This is a weird one, but bear with me.

When I was fit, I'd need to take-out the garbage every two days because it was full of banana peels, chicken containers, and veggie pieces. That stuff would sour quickly.

If your trash is full of wrappers, boxes, soda cans, it's all fake and full of preservatives. It never goes bad.

Keep-up the great work @Raoul Duke !!!

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Man... no idea how I missed this earlier. I had seen you mention that you were dropping weight, but didn't know you were keeping a thread.

Really great stuff, talk about discipline. A three hour eating window is pretty hardcore, even by intermittent fasting standards.

Man the first few months were sketchy as all get out. I tried creating a reward system. Say Sunday - Friday I am very strict. Then on Saturday, I would be a little loosey goosey. I did that for a month. I noticed that something was off. It was trickling into my Sunday - Friday system. So I nipped that in the bud. Went back to Sunday - Saturday.

Working out quite well. Scheduling everything has been a huge key to my success.

Well done on the progress! It's truly inspirational. You've made me re-asses the excuses I've been telling myself, so thank you.

For the running, try listening to audio books. I used to hate long runs, but now I look forward to getting out in the fresh air and enjoying a great book.

But make sure you listen to fiction when you're running. Trying to run and concentrate on a non-fiction book you're trying to learn from is too hard and makes it mentally and physically exhausting.

Running with anything in the background has not worked in my favor. I quit.

Now, when I walk. I can't go without music or audiobooks.

Dude, your killing it!

PM me your number, I'm going to share an Audible with you that I really think you will enjoy.
Congrats on the success!!!

Done. Thank you!

Thank you @wade1mil for the rep!!

Everyone who has responded and liked my posts. I appreciate that as well. :D

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Well... Well... Well... Time for a update, I suppose. lol

Exercising consists of walking, stretching + yoga and row machines. Haven't really hit the weights.

My father has been battling health issues for quite some time. Which has effected me with freelancing. Which has been nonexistent. I've pushed people away, basically. I think the reason why: I don't enjoy copywriting.

So, I quit.

I started working at our Hospital. I work in Materials Maintenance. Delivering equipment for OR, ED, etc...

Monday - Friday with the weekends off. 40 hours a week with benefits. $12.47 hour. With all the overtime I want.

So, with that in mind...

Working 40 hours of overtime per check (2 a month). That is $1,101.44 x 13 = $14,318.72 by the end of the year.

Working for the rest of my life for someone else isn't my goal or plan. But, freelancing hasn't gotten me nowhere near that amount of money.

Sure, I could finish out @Fox course. I didn't have much success with copywriting. Feels like i'm bouncing from one shiny object, to the next.

So, how could I expect Web Design to end up like copywriting?

By working overtime and saving from the regular paycheck. I'll have roughly $20k in the bank. And yes @LightHouse I have paid off my loan. So, I am debt free now.

I've spotted several opportunities as well in the Hospital.

So, maybe freelancing is done for me? I still want to open up the restaurant. Freelancing was a means to a end.

@Philip Marlowe @JAJT @Chitown @MJ DeMarco @Scot @Vigilante @G-Man @million$$$smile

Holy shit. I have to step it up or you are going to pass me on the way down down down.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
I can't even run for that long and I only weigh 155 pounds (I know weight is only one factor). Keep going ! 6 miles is already awesome, 10 is almost a half marathon !

I absolutely HATE running. Looking for an outcome of a stronger individual.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
You now weigh less than I do, despite me having over a hundred pound head start on you. You have officially fat shamed me.... I'm fat and ashamed of how inconsistent my effort has been. :clench:

Rep++++

So what are you going to do about that?

Already been back on my diet for a while - slower going than before, not entirely sure why.

@Raoul Duke Did you lose 145lbs with a diet?

G-man, what do you mean by it's going slower? What is going slower, you weight lose or trying to force a different eating structure on yourself that you've already claimed is temporary?

The point I am making, no one makes it anywhere sustainable with a diet. The word itself is the crutch. There is no point suffering for 3 months if you still associate pleasure with all the stuff you "can't" eat for a while. This is also true with cheat days.

Change your habits to more empowering ones when deciding what to eat(there is a process for this), and set it in for life. You need to eat better for better results, you wouldn't put sh*t gas in a Ferrari, so don't do it to your body then wonder why your body and mind perform like sh*t. Once you make the decision to make permanent change in your life psychologically.... your body just has to catch up.

So - I've made the permanent change to vegan a little less than a year ago - and the weight loss has been slow but steady (4-5 lbs/mo). I'm currently on a more restrictive diet - and I call it a diet because I don't intend it to be permanent, it's too restrictive - called a nutritarian plan. I used it to rebuild my immune system after an illness last year, and one of the of side effects was also more rapid weight loss. I went back to the plan hoping it would clear up the recurring sinus issues I've had as well as get another 20-30 lbs down. It's helping my sinuses, but I'm not experiencing the rapid weight loss like before.

EDIT: the inconsistency I was referring to above is mostly policing my grain intake and getting solid cardio sessions in. Here I still haven't really truly made the lifestyle shift, esp with the exercise part.

I can't say what will work best for yourself, or any other person. It isn't a diet. I know that for sure. It is a lifestyle. It should be based upon your fitness goal.

Example: If you want to be a ultramarathon runner. What exercise routines work best? What food works best? You can look up other runners and go... Then you plateau. Most people then fall back to the same ole same ole. Not understanding that you have to adjust "Plug n Play". What works for you, probably won't work myself.

Now, If I am Rock Climber. My exercise and food will be totally different from the ultramarathon runner. Somethings may be true. But, again, it is based on yourself, not you.

My big secret is that I hugely fascinated by Elon Musk. His first principles talk Kevin Rose, really got me to think. Although, I didn't do much with it, until later.

I sat down and figured out what got me to the point of being obese. I found my fundamental truth. I eliminated those items. As I went on. I simply listened to my body. I know I was going to only eat One Meal a Day & Fast. So, that gave myself, a bigger advantage to try foods. I did go vegan. Felt good. But, I Plateaued. I made new adjustments.

Eliminate the word diet. Try things. If you noticed what isn't working. Pull that item back. Add something else. Not going to be a one size fits all.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.