The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Manufacturing a FTE (F*ck This Event!)

A

Anon05554

I'm so sorry. What you're going through sounds insane. As someone living in a country that's economically f*cked, I can relate. Going to college here is completely useless, even if you're a doctor or engineer because the U.S. will always pay better wages. So anyone here who studies high demand jobs will still get royally f*cked while our politicians do jackshit and get paid 110k a year.

I wish you the best. Have you tried to start something fastlane? At least through the internet?
Thank you Doug for reading and replying to my post. I joined this forum early this year, and my introduction is in the thread:Should 240$ hold me hostage? (sorry, I still do not know how to post a link).

My knowledge of computer is basic, and I only have a smart phone. One of the members on this forum advised me to try online writing. I also believe I can get some income that way.

My hubby however wants us to do businesses over which we have some control, where we are not at the mercy of someone's whims.

We have, over the years, acquired about 10 acres of good agricultural land in the village on which we planted trees, coffee and bananas. Presently, we have started netting the equivalent of my salary every month.

I am learning a ton from this forum especially with regard to the CENTS e. g, we are planting coffee on a larger scale, and applying manure to produce bananas that advertise themselves.

Our industrial action is still on, and rumour is that parliament has been recalled from recess to discuss our issues. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

I plan to open a progress thread soon about our agricultural venture and would gladly welcome any input, resources , testimonies and advice from anyone who has made it via agriculture.

I know it won't be easy as per the advice I received from Speed 112 when I first posted on this forum, but like they say, "with a strong why, you can get through any how!" I have had about enough of penny pinching!

I hope I will in the near future say :f*uck you to the Education Service Commission!

The greatest thing that has happened in my f*cked up life has been reading TMFL with its siblings! I am learning and silently implementing.

A nice day to you all who have taken the trouble to read through my post.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

James007Hill

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 29, 2019
One of the biggest questions I had while reading UNSCRIPTED and TMF was, "How do I get motivated if I haven't had a 'F*ck This Event'?" Do I really have to hit rock bottom before I can start climbing upward?

Hell if I know, but maybe I have an answer for those who haven't experienced a genuine F*ck This Event.

First, though, let me tell you about the Tony Robbins "Dickens Process". If you've ever read one of his books (especially Awaken the Giant Within) or been to one of his events (e.g. Unleash the Power Within), you may have heard of this or experienced it. Basically, you're manufacturing an FTE through a scripted process.

The Dickens Process is based on Charles Dickens' story of the life-changing transformation of Ebenezer Scrooge in A Christmas Carol. In the story, a selfish, miserly Scrooge is forced by three ghosts to fully experience the impact of his actions in the past, the present, and the future. Horrified by what he sees, including the loss of his fiance, the death of Tiny Tim, and his own unsung death, he is immediately and permanently transformed into a loving, generous man.

The Dickens Process takes you through the same experience by asking questions that force you to examine the impact of your own limiting beliefs and actions in the past, present, and predictable future. The end result is that you experience an epiphany that motivates you long-term. Rather than go through the whole process, I'll just link to it here:

The Dickens Process

Based on the Dickens Process, I believe that you can manufacture your own F*ck This Event. You don't have to wait for one event where things suck so bad that you finally say, "F*ck this." The trick is that whatever you do, you have to feel it deeply, viscerally, in your bones. Emotion is the catalyst for action. And as Fastlaners, control over our emotions is a necessity.

So, how do you manufacture your own FTE, without having one superlatively crappy life event? Group a bunch of lowercase "F*ck this" events or emotions into one amalgamated uppercase "F*ck This" list (FTL). Let their combined emotional weight take the place of one single FTE.

A few days ago, I was feeling like crap because my fledgling business was not going as planned. Basically, I wasn't getting an immediate response from my first trial client, and was hinging my emotions on one event instead of a process. I've given up in the past when I've felt like that, and I don't want to do that this time. So, rather than go through the Dickens Process, I made a FTL that I can read through each day, that will serve as my surrogate FTE.

What does an FTL look like? Well, here's mine...excuse the excessive French, that's just how it came out:

The reasons why I must become a Fastlane entrepreneur:
  • Giving up on my dreams for years - F*ck this shit
  • Worrying about losing my job that I hate - F*ck this shit
  • Not being able to buy the things we want and need without worrying about money - F*ck this shit
  • Feeling so tired at the end of the day that I just want to lay down - F*ck this shit
  • Knowing that I'm being a bad example to my kids - F*ck this shit
  • Feeling like I'm falling into the same "failed entrepreneur" trap my dad did - F*ck this shit
  • Feeling like a loser because each job is worse than the last - F*ck this shit
  • Watching our lifestyle decline each month - F*ck this shit
  • Knowing that we're just one bad month from being broke - F*ck this shit
  • Feeling like a phony - F*ck this shit
  • Being ashamed of the car that I drive because I can't afford better - F*ck this shit
  • Making constant excuses for why things are okay the way they are...even though I know they're not - F*ck this shit
  • Spending time inside a cubicle on a perfect spring day - F*ck this shit
  • Wearing shoes with holes in the bottoms because I can't afford new shoes - F*ck this shit
  • Having to accept my father-in-law's handouts and feeling like a loser - F*ck this shit
  • Relying on the kindness of others to make our lives work - F*ck this shit
  • Feeling hopeless - F*ck this shit
  • Feeling less free as I get older, instead of more free - F*ck this shit
  • Looking back at my dreams and hating myself for not achieving them - F*ck this shit
  • Feeling more and more desperate as I try each new business venture - F*ck this shit
  • Looking at our draining bank accounts and having to push down the feelings of panic - F*ck this shit
  • Holding off on buying things because we can't afford them - F*ck this shit
  • Driving two 18+ year old cars because we can't afford anything newer - F*ck this shit
  • Doing repairs on the house and cars myself because we can't afford to pay for it - F*ck this shit
  • Relying on the government for money and a job - F*ck this shit
  • Dressing like a bum because I can't buy nicer clothes - F*ck this shit
  • Feeling bad about the money I spend on myself because it takes away from my family - F*ck this shit
  • Being embarassed that I'm trying yet another way to make money after failing so many times - F*ck this shit
  • Knowing that we'll never be able to retire if nothing changes - F*ck this shit
  • Being afraid of the future - F*ck this shit
  • Being ashamed of myself for not living up to my potential - F*ck this shit
  • Looking at the older people that I work with, and knowing that's what I'll look like if this continues - F*ck this shit
  • Asking permission to go to the bathroom, take a break, leave early, come in late, or take a day off - F*ck this shit
  • Working with people I don't like, and pretending to like them even though they're not very nice - F*ck this shit
  • Skipping the things we used to love doing because we can't afford them (like the local theme park) - F*ck this shit
  • My wife having to work at a crappy job just to make ends meet - F*ck this shit
I hope this helps somebody here. Your mileage may vary. This seems to be working for me, because I'm not willing to let things get any worse before I work to make them better. Hell, maybe the day I wrote this was my F*ck This Event...doesn't matter, because I've said the magic words:

"F*ck This Shit, I won't take it any longer."

What does your F*ck This List look like?
I loved this and it has really worked for me. It's a great concept to take all those things that individually weren't quite strong enough to be a FTE and combine then into one heavyweight of motivation and purpose - the FTL! Highly recommend to anyone who hasn't had an individual FTE.

Kirk84

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jun 9, 2020
Munich, Germany
I really needed to take a moment and create this FTM for myself. The issue is that I’m comfortably numb and I became complacent. Now I really want to develop some rage!!
  • Waking up tired in the morning because I need to work for someone else - F*ck THAT
  • Being broke at the middle of the month while living a simple life - F*ck THAT
  • Not knowing if my job contract will be extended - F*ck THAT
  • Not having a car to make hiking trips with my girlfriend - F*ck THAT
  • Being just one small misfortune away from broke - F*ck THAT
  • Not being able to retire and having to work until I‘m old and broken - F*ck THAT
  • Growing old and not being able to teach my kinds how to live unscripted - F*ck THAT

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.