The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Making Six Figures Trading Time for hours...Tired of it

AbdullahR

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Oct 30, 2018
My name is Abdullah, I turn 29 tomorrow on Halloween. I make about $120-$150k as a software engineer and entrepreneur . Ive been devouring books left and right trying to figure out how I can make it to 7+ figures.

One of my main reasons is to retire my mother who has been working at Walmart for the past 20 years. She recently said to me...They are going to cap my pay at $17/hr. I cried and felt deeply ashamed. I’ve read TMF 3 times to make the concepts stick and I just finished Unscripted , on the plane, returning from a big manufacturing fair in China last week related to my first major Fastlane business initiative.

I’ve recommended @MJ Demarco's books to many already and Im doing everything in my power to launch my first 7 figure scaleable business! I look forward to learning from everyone here in the forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome Abdullah. You've got a great start in life. A six figure job is nothing to sneeze at, and can be a springboard for your fastlane ideas. Also sounds like you've got a strong "why".

What's your specialty in software?

Silver Silk

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
May 10, 2017
Birmingham
My name is Abdullah, I turn 29 tomorrow on Halloween. I make about $120-$150k as a software engineer and entrepreneur . Ive been devouring books left and right trying to figure out how I can make it to 7+ figures. One of my main reasons is to retire my mother who has been working at Walmart for the past 20 years. She recently said to me...They are going to cap my pay at $17/hr. I cried and felt deeply ashamed. I’ve TMFL 3 times to make the concepts stick and I just finished unscripted on the way back from a big manufacturing fair in China last week related to my first major Fastlane business iniatibe. I’ve recommended DJs books to many already and Im doing everything in my power to launch my first 7figure scaleable business! I look forward to learning from everyone here in the furom.
How do you make 120k plus as a software engineer? What areas are you involved in?

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
How do you make 120k plus as a software engineer? What areas are you involved in?
I have a friend who just started working at Microsoft near Seattle and is making over 100k right out of college.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
There's a lot of possibilities there. Simply having that job title in California must give you that kind of salary... with the cost of living that fits too.

Software engineers in my area easily make 80-90K (Canadian dollars) after 4-5 years.

Edit: AbdullahR: Welcome to the forums ! You'll find plenty of opportunities and resources laying around in gold and notable threads (look for them). Don't hesitate if you have any questions, but use the "Search" function first :)

AbdullahR

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Oct 30, 2018
Welcome Abdullah. You've got a great start in life. A six figure job is nothing to sneeze at, and can be a springboard for your fastlane ideas. Also sounds like you've got a strong "why".

What's your specialty in software?

Thanks for welcoming me. I look forward to learning a lot. I’m a hybrid mobile developer. JavaScript/Typescript and related things are my speciality. I’ve deployed some major production grade apps.

Yea most of my reasons of wanting to make 7 or 8 figures stems from family or community related issues.

AbdullahR

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Oct 30, 2018

Im in Texas and as others have mentioned, it’s easily done if you become proficient 3-5 years after your first job. I’m a mobile developer. I’ve invested a lot of self learning in the form of reading over 20 books related to my particular niche of development. I could kill most dev interviews easily because of that. I actually could make more money, but flexibility in my current job keeps me there. I don’t want to go higher because of the potential higher demand on my time. I want to unscript.

AbdullahR

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Oct 30, 2018
There's a lot of possibilities there. Simply having that job title in California must give you that kind of salary... with the cost of living that fits too.

Software engineers in my area easily make 80-90K (Canadian dollars) after 4-5 years.

Edit: AbdullahR: Welcome to the forums ! You'll find plenty of opportunities and resources laying around in gold and notable threads (look for them). Don't hesitate if you have any questions, but use the "Search" function first :)

One of the Ten Commandments of all forums in existence, use the “Search” function first...lol. Thanks for the welcome and I’m grateful for you mentioning the gold and notable threads.

Aleph

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 1, 2018
Welcome, Abdullah. And happy birthday!

It makes my heart sing to see a young guy who isn't tempted by the possible golden cage it is easy to get sucked into. On the contrary, like your trip to China illustrates, you're probably using earnt money to build your freedom.

Buenaventura to you!

AbdullahR

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Oct 30, 2018
Welcome, Abdullah. And happy birthday!

It makes my heart sing to see a young guy who isn't tempted by the possible golden cage it is easy to get sucked into. On the contrary, like your trip to China illustrates, you're probably using earnt money to build your freedom.

Buenaventura to you!

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Yes. I'm in the golden cage. I have offers all the time to climb into another that pays a little higher. I'm sure if I accept a different offer, the cage will be smaller (them wanting more of my life). So, i'm trying my absolute best to control my spending, and put everything I can into becoming unscripted .

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Abdullah! Thanks for the introduction.

Stone P

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 29, 2018
Im in Texas and as others have mentioned, it’s easily done if you become proficient 3-5 years after your first job. I’m a mobile developer. I’ve invested a lot of self learning in the form of reading over 20 books related to my particular niche of development. I could kill most dev interviews easily because of that. I actually could make more money, but flexibility in my current job keeps me there. I don’t want to go higher because of the potential higher demand on my time. I want to unscript.

Where are you in Texas? I may be moving there in a couple of months to start my 6 figure job and I'm already planning my escape. Let's connect if you happen to be in Austin.

Woodie

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 15, 2017
Texas
Welcome Abdullah and Happy Late Birthday! I agree with many here on this thread that you have a great start with lots of opportunities a head of you. If you decide to look up @Stone P keep me in mind too I live about 2 hours away from Austin and Houston and would like to meet like minded people and bounce around some ideas from our experiences.

HackVenture

Digital Marketer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Mar 11, 2011
Planet Earth
Welcome Abdullah!

Awesome to dream big but don't forget that even if your fastlane doesn't get you to 7 figures off the bat, as long as it allows you to quit your job (with low 6 or even high 5 figures), that is a MASSIVE step towards your goals already.

All the best to you and please keep us updated!

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
returning from a big manufacturing fair in China last week related to my first major Fastlane business initiative

Canton's a great place to start, but if you want the scale to make the big money right now importing, then look for a supplier outside of China.

Find a tradeshow for a niche. Go to one that's not exclusively China.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Canton's a great place to start, but if you want the scale to make the big money right now importing, then look for a supplier outside of China.

Find a tradeshow for a niche. Go to one that's not exclusively China.
Great advice @AgainstAllOdds. The opportunities outside China are mind-boggling. Don't follow the crowd @AbdullahR. That way you can be one step ahead because few have the initiative to take off their blinkers and look away from China.

Walter

AbdullahR

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Oct 30, 2018
Great advice @AgainstAllOdds. The opportunities outside China are mind-boggling. Don't follow the crowd @AbdullahR. That way you can be one step ahead because few have the initiative to take off their blinkers and look away from China.

Walter

@Agaistallodds @WalterHay I went there to find manufacturers for a product that I'd like to release. It's the place where I've known others in my circle to go. But I'd like to venture out. Where would you recommend going to find other manufacturers?

AbdullahR

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Oct 30, 2018
Welcome Abdullah!

Awesome to dream big but don't forget that even if your fastlane doesn't get you to 7 figures off the bat, as long as it allows you to quit your job (with low 6 or even high 5 figures), that is a MASSIVE step towards your goals already.

All the best to you and please keep us updated!

You are right! If I could go unscripted and make my current salary. That'll be MASSIVE. I'll keep that in mind, a celebrate that when it comes while aiming high for 7 or 8.

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jul 1, 2018
You are right! If I could go unscripted and make my current salary. That'll be MASSIVE. I'll keep that in mind, a celebrate that when it comes while aiming high for 7 or 8.
Welcome to the forum Abdullah. Ana Yzn ;)

With the money coming in from your salary, you can do a lot with investing it into your product or business. keep it up!

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
@Agaistallodds @WalterHay I went there to find manufacturers for a product that I'd like to release. It's the place where I've known others in my circle to go. But I'd like to venture out. Where would you recommend going to find other manufacturers?
The possibilities are endless. You can look in a huge number of countries and find products to sell, and by looking away from China you have a much better chance of finding something
that is unique or at least is not already on the market in the country where you intend selling.

You could search in Italy, France, Turkey or Malaysia for example, and there you can find products that are being sold in those countries, but not in the USA.

My latest importing book has a big list of sites where you can find products worth importing. I am currently working on greatly expanding that list, but that won't be available until early next year.

IMO the worst thing you can do is to follow the crowd. People are often posting about using analytical tools that find the most popular products, but a moment's thought shows that this automatically means more competition.

Walter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...