• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO Making Six Figures Trading Time for hours...Tired of it

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by AbdullahR, Oct 30, 2018.

1. AbdullahR

AbdullahR Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $166
    My name is Abdullah, I turn 29 tomorrow on Halloween. I make about $120-$150k as a software engineer and entrepreneur . Ive been devouring books left and right trying to figure out how I can make it to 7+ figures.

One of my main reasons is to retire my mother who has been working at Walmart for the past 20 years. She recently said to me...They are going to cap my pay at $17/hr. I cried and felt deeply ashamed. I’ve read TMF 3 times to make the concepts stick and I just finished Unscripted, on the plane, returning from a big manufacturing fair in China last week related to my first major Fastlane business initiative.

I’ve recommended @MJ Demarco's books to many already and Im doing everything in my power to launch my first 7 figure scaleable business! I look forward to learning from everyone here in the forum.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  2. lowtek

lowtek Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $22,826
    Welcome Abdullah. You've got a great start in life. A six figure job is nothing to sneeze at, and can be a springboard for your fastlane ideas. Also sounds like you've got a strong "why".

What's your specialty in software?

3. Silver Silk

Silver Silk Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $690
    How do you make 120k plus as a software engineer? What areas are you involved in?

BlackMagician and AbdullahR like this.
  4. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,877
    I have a friend who just started working at Microsoft near Seattle and is making over 100k right out of college.

AbdullahR and Silver Silk like this.
  5. Jeff Noel

Jeff Noel Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,083
    There's a lot of possibilities there. Simply having that job title in California must give you that kind of salary... with the cost of living that fits too.

Software engineers in my area easily make 80-90K (Canadian dollars) after 4-5 years.

Edit: AbdullahR: Welcome to the forums ! You'll find plenty of opportunities and resources laying around in gold and notable threads (look for them). Don't hesitate if you have any questions, but use the "Search" function first :)

6. AbdullahR

AbdullahR Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $166
    Thanks for welcoming me. I look forward to learning a lot. I’m a hybrid mobile developer. JavaScript/Typescript and related things are my speciality. I’ve deployed some major production grade apps.

Yea most of my reasons of wanting to make 7 or 8 figures stems from family or community related issues.

Silver Silk and lowtek like this.
  7. AbdullahR

AbdullahR Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $166
    Im in Texas and as others have mentioned, it’s easily done if you become proficient 3-5 years after your first job. I’m a mobile developer. I’ve invested a lot of self learning in the form of reading over 20 books related to my particular niche of development. I could kill most dev interviews easily because of that. I actually could make more money, but flexibility in my current job keeps me there. I don’t want to go higher because of the potential higher demand on my time. I want to unscript.

8. AbdullahR

AbdullahR Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $166
    One of the Ten Commandments of all forums in existence, use the “Search” function first...lol. Thanks for the welcome and I’m grateful for you mentioning the gold and notable threads.

Silver Silk and Jeff Noel like this.
  9. Aleph

Aleph Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $113
    Welcome, Abdullah. And happy birthday!

It makes my heart sing to see a young guy who isn't tempted by the possible golden cage it is easy to get sucked into. On the contrary, like your trip to China illustrates, you're probably using earnt money to build your freedom.

Buenaventura to you!

AbdullahR likes this.
  10. AbdullahR

AbdullahR Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $166
    Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Yes. I'm in the golden cage. I have offers all the time to climb into another that pays a little higher. I'm sure if I accept a different offer, the cage will be smaller (them wanting more of my life). So, i'm trying my absolute best to control my spending, and put everything I can into becoming unscripted.

11. RMDS

RMDS Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $122
    "..the cage will be smaller (them wanting more of my life).."

:fire:

12. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $352,762
    Admin Post
    Welcome Abdullah! Thanks for the introduction.

Silver Silk and AbdullahR like this.
  13. Stone P

Stone P New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $21
    Where are you in Texas? I may be moving there in a couple of months to start my 6 figure job and I'm already planning my escape. Let's connect if you happen to be in Austin.

14. Conrad

Conrad Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $55
    Welcome Abdullah, well done by visiting China for your ideas.

AbdullahR likes this.
  15. Woodie

Woodie New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $22
    Welcome Abdullah and Happy Late Birthday! I agree with many here on this thread that you have a great start with lots of opportunities a head of you. If you decide to look up @Stone P keep me in mind too I live about 2 hours away from Austin and Houston and would like to meet like minded people and bounce around some ideas from our experiences.

AbdullahR, Stone P and Silver Silk like this.
  16. HackVenture

HackVenture Digital Marketer, Crypto Guy Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $2,613
    Welcome Abdullah!

Awesome to dream big but don't forget that even if your fastlane doesn't get you to 7 figures off the bat, as long as it allows you to quit your job (with low 6 or even high 5 figures), that is a MASSIVE step towards your goals already.

All the best to you and please keep us updated!

AbdullahR and SamuelMazzotta like this.
  17. AgainstAllOdds

AgainstAllOdds Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $54,345
    Canton's a great place to start, but if you want the scale to make the big money right now importing, then look for a supplier outside of China.

Find a tradeshow for a niche. Go to one that's not exclusively China.

18. SamuelMazzotta

SamuelMazzotta New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $109
    Goosebumps... Thanks, guys, this is a wonderful wake-up.

19. Walter Hay

Walter Hay Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $58,077
    Great advice @AgainstAllOdds. The opportunities outside China are mind-boggling. Don't follow the crowd @AbdullahR. That way you can be one step ahead because few have the initiative to take off their blinkers and look away from China.

Walter

AbdullahR and SamuelMazzotta like this.
  20. AbdullahR

AbdullahR Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $166
    @Agaistallodds @WalterHay I went there to find manufacturers for a product that I'd like to release. It's the place where I've known others in my circle to go. But I'd like to venture out. Where would you recommend going to find other manufacturers?

21. AbdullahR

AbdullahR Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $166
    You are right! If I could go unscripted and make my current salary. That'll be MASSIVE. I'll keep that in mind, a celebrate that when it comes while aiming high for 7 or 8.

22. Yzn

Yzn Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $112
    Welcome to the forum Abdullah. Ana Yzn ;)

With the money coming in from your salary, you can do a lot with investing it into your product or business. keep it up!

23. Walter Hay

Walter Hay Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $58,077
    The possibilities are endless. You can look in a huge number of countries and find products to sell, and by looking away from China you have a much better chance of finding something
    that is unique or at least is not already on the market in the country where you intend selling.

You could search in Italy, France, Turkey or Malaysia for example, and there you can find products that are being sold in those countries, but not in the USA.

My latest importing book has a big list of sites where you can find products worth importing. I am currently working on greatly expanding that list, but that won't be available until early next year.

IMO the worst thing you can do is to follow the crowd. People are often posting about using analytical tools that find the most popular products, but a moment's thought shows that this automatically means more competition.

Walter

YoungPadawan and Silver Silk like this.